Page 1340 of 1340 FirstFirst ... 34012401290133013361337133813391340
Results 33,476 to 33,500 of 33500

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Well, I don't know if the "double post" rule applies here, but as nobody has been talking I'll go ahead...

Today, Portugal will debut on the Euro 2016. I'm not a football fanatic, but this time I'll be cheering a bit for "my team", because Holland (I don't know if I'm supposed say Holland or The Netherlands, so I'll go with the former xD) is not participating I don't have any connections with Holland, but I always cheer for them in football competitions. I guess this is because in my first FIFA game I played with the Holland and I loved it. I'm so sad they didn't make it to the final phase...

Anyways, things have been very cheerful the last couple of days. Not only everyone is hyped for the Euro, but we're also in the "Santos Populares" season. Basically, every city has a special saint that they pray to and in June there's huge celebrations all over the country for said saints. It's awesome how everyone comes together to make huge parties. The streets are filled with people cooking, talking, eating, there's marches, shows, concerts, everything! I'm not religious, so the saint of my city (S. Joăo or St. John in english) doesn't mean much to me, but nobody cares about that. You're just supposed to have fun

I wish I could help carry a good conversation about the football, but I'm terribly uninformed about it, and I can never really focus on the game because I'm terrible at sitting still and watching something for so long! :s

Glad to hear everything's seemingly alright for you, though!

So I realise I haven't posted here for a criminally long time, so I though I'd add an update. I've recently started a new year at school, and I'm loving it so far! So far, Psychology has been my favourite. We aren't allowed to take it until the year I'm in, so it's all new to me, which makes it so exciting! The teacher's awesome, too. My school's departments (Mathematics & ICT, Health & Wellebing, English, etc) give awards for each subject for one pupil they find deserving of it at the end of each year. I've recently found out I'm the person chosen for Practical Cookery, which is really cool! I don't think I'm very good at it, but I know for a fact that I've improved s lot from a few years ago.., I could barely make toast XD
    Gay and Proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Aromatic Mist View Post
    I wish I could help carry a good conversation about the football, but I'm terribly uninformed about it, and I can never really focus on the game because I'm terrible at sitting still and watching something for so long! :s
    I'm terrible at that too, but I usually play 3DS or navigate in the Internet while I lay an eye to the TV xD

Glad to hear everything's seemingly alright for you, though!
    Thanks Everything has been calm, but fine at the same time. Hopefully the Summer keeps like this.

So I realise I haven't posted here for a criminally long time, so I though I'd add an update. I've recently started a new year at school, and I'm loving it so far! So far, Psychology has been my favourite. We aren't allowed to take it until the year I'm in, so it's all new to me, which makes it so exciting! The teacher's awesome, too. My school's departments (Mathematics & ICT, Health & Wellebing, English, etc) give awards for each subject for one pupil they find deserving of it at the end of each year. I've recently found out I'm the person chosen for Practical Cookery, which is really cool! I don't think I'm very good at it, but I know for a fact that I've improved s lot from a few years ago.., I could barely make toast XD
    Now you've reminded me how I was supposed to have Psychology last year, but ended up with Physics. Eww... And Practical Cookery? Interesting. What kind of course are you in?

Hi, I'm new.
    Proud to be Gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Faria View Post
    Now you've reminded me how I was supposed to have Psychology last year, but ended up with Physics. Eww... And Practical Cookery? Interesting. What kind of course are you in?
    Physics also sounds super interesting, has it been alright? A friend of mine is super into it and he loves it.

Well, I'm still in High School so I've got a variety of courses, this year I've got Biology, Modern Studies, Health and Food Technology, English and Psychology. Practical Cookery was really cool, but the final exam was extremely stressful. However, I couldn't take it this year because it only goes to a certain level, which I've already done (and my teacher thinks the whole class passed, but we won't know until we get last school year's results in August :s), so I had to drop it.

So what course(s) does/did everyone else have/had? It's fun learning what others enjoy learning ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by KalosChampion View Post
    Hi, I'm new.
    Hello! Welcome to the club! ^_^
    Gay and Proud.

I'm terrible at that too, but I usually play 3DS or navigate in the Internet while I lay an eye to the TV xD
    lol same here, it's usually not our communities great spot it for conversation it seems :P Are we talking football or Soccer though?? Soccer is 50309292x better than football, so I have to clarify. Although still couldn't hold up a conversation about it personally :P

Physics also sounds super interesting, has it been alright? A friend of mine is super into it and he loves it.

Well, I'm still in High School so I've got a variety of courses, this year I've got Biology, Modern Studies, Health and Food Technology, English and Psychology. Practical Cookery was really cool, but the final exam was extremely stressful. However, I couldn't take it this year because it only goes to a certain level, which I've already done (and my teacher thinks the whole class passed, but we won't know until we get last school year's results in August :s), so I had to drop it.

So what course(s) does/did everyone else have/had? It's fun learning what others enjoy learning ^_^

Hello! Welcome to the club! ^_^
    Those all seem like interesting courses! I remember in high school I took the bare minimum because I was lazy, oh and my language courses because I love learning me some new languages.

I graduated from College as an accountant assistant. Although I also do language studies and plan on mastering my French, and Spanish next time i go back or with travels.
    I'm really interested in learning Ojibwe and Cree, although I'm not aboriginal, and then of course Japanese. I hope to be an interpreter but right now I finished a quick accounting course so that I could make more than minimum wage.
    But now I'm stuck in life, or that's how I feel anyways bc I can't go back to school for a while and all I do is work work work.

Anyone also have any big career aspirations also on top of the cool courses?
    stay gold
    BE PROUD

So what do people do in this club??
    Proud to be Gay.

Hi, I'm new.
    Hi! Welcome Enjoy your time.

So what do people do in this club??
    I joined recently, but I guess you just go, share your experiences and ask for/give advice.

I personally dislike Physics, but the problem wasn't that. The teacher I had was awful. I mean, he seemed very intelligent, but he wasn't very good at interacting and all he did was spit the contents he had to teach us without a break. If you wanted to do an exercise you had to look for one yourself and it became a huge homework for me. But it all ended up well, so i guess it's fine.

In high school I was on the "Science & Technology" course, but I finished last year and went to college. While there wasn't any course that I particularly loved, I ended up applying for "Pharmaceutical Sciences" (I'm translating directly from portuguese, so I don't know if people call it like that in english) because it has lots of Chemistry and Biology, both of which I love, and got a place. It has been an interesting first year, but not that craziness that many claim college to be xD

Quote Originally Posted by lemoncatpower View Post
    lol same here, it's usually not our communities great spot it for conversation it seems :P Are we talking football or Soccer though?? Soccer is 50309292x better than football, so I have to clarify. Although still couldn't hold up a conversation about it personally :P
    Soccer, as I mentioned the Euro which is going on right now in France. It's funny to talk like this, because here in Europe soccer is "football" and football is "american football" xD I guess this is because, soccer is pretty much the king of sports here so we give it "priority". About the Euro, everyone is going crazy about it. Here in Portugal nobody shuts up about how Ronaldo is going to score 5 goals and all, but then we went and tied with Iceland. I liked it, because then people got to chill themselves. I mean, it's good to see everybody celebrating the Euro, but sometimes they exaggerate...
    Last edited by Gabriel Faria; 17th June 2016 at 12:23 AM.

Let's see, I'm 14, almost 15, I've known I like guys since I was 13. There's a boy who I have a crush on, since I was 12 and still coming to terms with my feelings. We're friends but he hasn't spoken to me in a while for some reason. I think I haven't been friendly enough to him. But he always talks about girls so I know he wouldn't like me. I used to worry and cry about being gay, but now I'm content and I love who I am, sexual orientation wise.
    Proud to be Gay.

But he always talks about girls so I know he wouldn't like me.
    I used to worry and cry about being gay, but now I'm content and I love who I am, sexual orientation wise.
    Good that you've come that far Before I accepted myself as gay, I used to struggle to understand why I didn't feel attracted to girls. I hated when my friends asked me to rate a girl, specially because they always meant rating in a dirty way... Well, that still happens sometimes, but being a 12 year boy was tough xD

Good that you've come that far Before I accepted myself as gay, I used to struggle to understand why I didn't feel attracted to girls. I hated when my friends asked me to rate a girl, specially because they always meant rating in a dirty way... Well, that still happens sometimes, but being a 12 year boy was tough xD
    Thank you <3 My "best friend" (in quotes because he was a horrible friend) would ask me to rate girls too. And the worst part was he would also tell me I looked and acted gay and told me that people talked about me being gay, even though I wasn't out.
    Proud to be Gay.

Thank you <3 My "best friend" (in quotes because he was a horrible friend) would ask me to rate girls too. And the worst part was he would also tell me I looked and acted gay and told me that people talked about me being gay, even though I wasn't out.
    Well, that truly is an horrible friend. By "best friend" you mean in the present or in the past?

Btw, I also had a guy like that in my class. He never picked on me, but he was always calling one of our colleagues gay just because he made some "gestures"while talking. He also criticized people who hanged with him. Oh god, that guy had no life... But apart from some jerks like him, I have to say I've been very lucky with the people around me while growing. I think of that every time I see some bullying story on TV and it is a sad thought :/

Does anyone have any funny little coming out stories with their parents or family?

I'm in the mood for stories of how our people find pride in themselves and their community today.

I'll start:

I remember when I was in junior high (grade 9 so some may say high school depending where you are), 14 years old, and this girl and I always used to write in this notebook and pass it back and fourth in class to each other when we were supposed to be listening.
    This girl was really cool and down to earth, very shy but also hard core in tastes of music and art at the same time(gothish). Anyways, basically a few times a week I went from being straight to bi to gay to bi to straight and it was written all over this binder. I remember when this girl who sat on the other side of her, ended up staring over at our not as stealthy as I thought conversation. Luckily she is bi too and really awesome, so she was just OMG thats awesome, in her tomboyish way, we hugged after class, and the three of us wrote in this notebook together during class. They knew I was really gay and just having a hard time with it, but they really helped me out with the notebook. Unfortunately I remember throwing out the notebook out of fear before I actually came out to everyone a few months later.

When I was ready to come out, I did very slowly one friend at a time. This was after coming out to my family which was pretty fine. After my breaking point of sitting in my room with a knife, my big brother came in and wouldn't let me not tell him, and then he gave me a good pep talk about how society is messed up, not myself, and coming out became a lot easier afterwards. Until I got to this one *****, pardon my language, she also asked if I liked anyone. Of course I should have seen this as a bad sign, but I told her. Next day everyone knew about me and who I had a crush on. Luckily, after skipping ahead a couple months, I somehow became good friends with that guy and his friend group even though he knew (or so I thought... huge stoner, didn't care about anything), and it all seemed to work out after that.

Now I'm 22, 23 next month, and haven't actually seen that guy I had a crush on and became good friends with since I was 17. But I'm happy and content with life with my current boyfriend
    It's just so funny how much life changes completely after every step of school and you don't expect it at all.
    stay gold
    BE PROUD

Does anyone have any funny little coming out stories with their parents or family?

I'm in the mood for stories of how our people find pride in themselves and their community today.

I'll start:

I remember when I was in junior high (grade 9 so some may say high school depending where you are), 14 years old, and this girl and I always used to write in this notebook and pass it back and fourth in class to each other when we were supposed to be listening.
    This girl was really cool and down to earth, very shy but also hard core in tastes of music and art at the same time(gothish). Anyways, basically a few times a week I went from being straight to bi to gay to bi to straight and it was written all over this binder. I remember when this girl who sat on the other side of her, ended up staring over at our not as stealthy as I thought conversation. Luckily she is bi too and really awesome, so she was just OMG thats awesome, in her tomboyish way, we hugged after class, and the three of us wrote in this notebook together during class. They knew I was really gay and just having a hard time with it, but they really helped me out with the notebook. Unfortunately I remember throwing out the notebook out of fear before I actually came out to everyone a few months later.

When I was ready to come out, I did very slowly one friend at a time. This was after coming out to my family which was pretty fine. After my breaking point of sitting in my room with a knife, my big brother came in and wouldn't let me not tell him, and then he gave me a good pep talk about how society is messed up, not myself, and coming out became a lot easier afterwards. Until I got to this one *****, pardon my language, she also asked if I liked anyone. Of course I should have seen this as a bad sign, but I told her. Next day everyone knew about me and who I had a crush on. Luckily, after skipping ahead a couple months, I somehow became good friends with that guy and his friend group even though he knew (or so I thought... huge stoner, didn't care about anything), and it all seemed to work out after that.

Now I'm 22, 23 next month, and haven't actually seen that guy I had a crush on and became good friends with since I was 17. But I'm happy and content with life with my current boyfriend
    It's just so funny how much life changes completely after every step of school and you don't expect it at all.
    I don't have much to tell xD I'm near the end of my 1st college year and I only told 3 people when I was in high school. Since then, I haven't told anyone, not because of lack of courage, but because it doesn't happen xD Still, I'm much more comfortable with it now than I was some years ago and I'm building the courage to tell one of my friends that I like him. Next Thursday night we're going to our city's "Santos Populares" celebrations and I'll see if I can get some time alone with him when we head back home.

Btw, does anyone celebrate the "Santos Populares" ("Popular Saints" directly translated to english) in your countries? I'd like to year how it is to see if it's much different from my country
    Last edited by Gabriel Faria; 21st June 2016 at 4:52 PM.

I don't have much to tell xD I'm near the end of my 1st college year and I only told 3 people when I was in high school. Since then, I haven't told anyone, not because of lack of courage, but because it doesn't happen xD Still, I'm much more comfortable with it now than I was some years ago and I'm building the courage to tell one of my friends that I like him. Next Thursday night we're going to our city's "Santos Populares" celebrations and I'll see if I can get some time alone with him when we head back home.

Btw, does anyone celebrate the "Santos Populares" ("Popular Saints" directly translated to english) in your countries? I'd like to year how it is to see if it's much different from my country
    well I wish the best for your endeavors
    I've never heard of Santos Populares, what does it entail? Sounds like a religious holiday :P The only thing we have coming up is Canada day on the 1st of July (fireworks wooooo), and folk festival a week later
    stay gold
    BE PROUD

well I wish the best for your endeavors
    I've never heard of Santos Populares, what does it entail? Sounds like a religious holiday :P The only thing we have coming up is Canada day on the 1st of July (fireworks wooooo), and folk festival a week later
    Basically, every city has a saint that they celebrate in June. Some cities have already celebrated theirs, but my city is only from Thursday night to Friday dawn. The rest of the day is municipal holiday. It is indeed religion based, but nobody cares about that. You're just supposed to have fun. Everyone is in the street, there's marches, music, food, fireworks, games, etc... It's much better than the New Year, because people aren't just there to watch the fireworks and drink till they drop.

He's not my best friend anymore. He was emotionally abusive and manipulative.
    Proud to be Gay.

Basically, every city has a saint that they celebrate in June. Some cities have already celebrated theirs, but my city is only from Thursday night to Friday dawn. The rest of the day is municipal holiday. It is indeed religion based, but nobody cares about that. You're just supposed to have fun. Everyone is in the street, there's marches, music, food, fireworks, games, etc... It's much better than the New Year, because people aren't just there to watch the fireworks and drink till they drop.
    oh wow that's super cool and I've never heard of that for sure!
    Do you try and hit up every city for this event??

He's not my best friend anymore. He was emotionally abusive and manipulative.
    could you even call that a best friend ever? I think you deserve a best friend who loves you for you no matter what you decide!
    stay gold
    BE PROUD

oh wow that's super cool and I've never heard of that for sure!
    Do you try and hit up every city for this event??
    No, though each city has different celebrations. For example, in Lisbon they do the "Casamentos de Sto. António" ("Weddings of St. Anthony") where the City Hall selects some couples and pays them a wedding and a party. They also have the "Marchas de Sto. António" ("St. Anthony marches") where the each neighborhood in the city competes with a march to see who's best (kinda like the Brazilian carnival, but in a lesser extent, ofc xD). All of these events air in TV. In my city, Porto, there's not this kind of events, but each neighborhood has their own party and me and my friends usually go around the city to see what each of them has to offer. It's really fun.

could you even call that a best friend ever? I think you deserve a best friend who loves you for you no matter what you decide!
    This. @KalosChampion, I hope you have some friends you can trust whether they know or not that you're gay

This. @KalosChampion, I hope you have some friends you can trust whether they know or not that you're gay
    You know what, you two are right. This particular person calls me "freak" and "creepy" and has lied to and stolen from and cyber bullied me. He once texted me "kill yourself" and then told me the convenient line that his friend had taken his phone. I might not deserve much, but I know I deserve better than this.
    Proud to be Gay.

I'll start:

My stories are quite brief, but I personally find them funny.

1) I tell my mum I'm gay, but very, very awkwardly and without a single mention of the words 'gay' or 'homosexual'. She responds with "I knew".
    2) I came out to the bulk of my friends at a McDonalds.
    3) I pubically outed myself in school when a girl reminded me of a girl I used to date, and if I'd ever date her again. I told her I was gay, and she had a nervous laugh before we talked a bit, then returned to normal conversation. We had a good laugh for a while, and every time I saw the girl who asked, we laughed.
    Gay and Proud.

So, last night (23th to 24th) I went to the "Santos Populares" celebrations in my city and it was amazing. The fireworks were beautiful, the sky was full of shining hot air balloons, there was music everywhere... But there was one episode that left me unset.

I was supposed to go with a group of 4 friends (including that guy I like), but I had already spent the afternoon with them and I wasn't in the mood to spend the night too, so I told them I was going with other group and maybe we'd cross with each other during the night. By 3 AM I got tired of the group I was in (because we were like 20...), so I called the guy I like and asked where they were, to go to them. He said all of the group had already gone home except for himself and asked if I wanted to hang out with him. I would say "Yes" (ofc) but during the call I heard some girls laughing and for some stupid reason I said "No" because I thought he was in a group of people I don't know. I ended up going home alone and in the way I started thinking about how I screwed up because back when I called him, there was so much noise everywhere that the girls I heard could have just been people passing by him and if I said "Yes" I'd be heading home with him (as we leave close to each other) and maybe I'd have gotten to tell him my feelings

The worst part is that his exams ended yesterday (well, that's good for him xD) and now he's officially done with the school year. This is bad for me because we don't have a habit to hang out in Summer. For the 4 years I've known him the record was last year with 1 time (and only because we were both going to an event and, by accident, both made plans with a friend of ours). I mean, it's not that he'd refuse if i asked him to hang out, but I'm very shy when it comes to ask people to things because I may be bothering them. I know it is a strange concern to have, but I'm extremely shy when it comes to some things.
    Last edited by Gabriel Faria; 25th June 2016 at 2:59 AM.

Is this some club? I had a crush on a girl in 9th grade but that was it... I thought I was bi for a few weeks, but I think I'm straight. I have had an attraction to pregnant women since I was 5, a somewhat embarrassing one since I accidentally caused myself to get a vore-captions obsession, google it but don't look too long, and I can't look at a pregnant woman in public for too long.

Just call me if you need me.
    Burgh's gym. Hidden easter egg.

So, Wednesday, a tourist came to me and asked for help to find a certain street. As it was near my house I went with him. We walked for ~30 minutes and we had a fun talk xD He was canadian and seemed to be 20 years old and his face and stare reminded me of a person I used to like. He was also very cute and gave this gay vibe, though whatever... I told him Canada was on my top 3 wish travels/living places, but he made me flinch when he said people in Montreal are very self-centered. I don't know what to think of his statements as he then proceeded to ask me if I smoke weed and if I know where to buy it, though it was a funny situation, I guess xD In the end, he asked what was my name and said he was going to include me in the book he was writing about his travels. I got curious to know what it would turn out to be, but I didn't have the guts to ask for his Facebook or something. But in general, it was really cool to have a long conversation with a foreigner

Quote Originally Posted by jnshucker12 View Post
    I have had an attraction to pregnant women since I was 5, a somewhat embarrassing one since I accidentally caused myself to get a vore-captions obsession, google it but don't look too long, and I can't look at a pregnant woman in public for too long.
    Peculiar, I guess... But what do you exactly feel when you see pregnant women? (If it isn't an indiscretion to ask)

Peculiar, I guess... But what do you exactly feel when you see pregnant women? (If it isn't an indiscretion to ask)
    ...Sometimes nothing, sometimes arousal. I heard it's common among among other women for some reason. But if it's not, c'est la vie...

Just call me if you need me.
    Burgh's gym. Hidden easter egg.

Page 1340 of 1340 FirstFirst ... 34012401290133013361337133813391340