Page 1341 of 1341 FirstFirst ... 34112411291133113371338133913401341
Results 33,501 to 33,513 of 33513

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

  1. #33501
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    159

    Default

    So, I'm still in disbelief about the Euro 2016... I never thought my country would win, specially against France. "S.Joăo" will be nothing from now on, because the title celebrations beat everything I ever saw.

    I went to my city's downtown to watch the game with 4 friends. The atmosphere was fierce. Now, I've never been a huge supporter of our team and I thought France would mop the floor with us, but when the goal happened... My plan was to cover my ears in order to preserve my hearing health, but I was grabbed by my friends and surrendered to the celebrations. In the process, someone hit me in the face and my glasses fell. I couldn't see very well (also because it was dark) and I was losing hope of finding them (with thousands of people fiercely jumping around me...). I touched something and I thought they got stuck between me and one of my friends (the guy I like). I tried to pull it, only to find it was his belt hehe. He stared at me for a while, but then he realized I'd lost my glasses and found them for me my hero Unfortunately, I had an exam in the morning after and had to go home around midnight, but on my way home I almost cried seeing all streets filled with cars whistling and people screaming and waving flags and scarfs.

    The next day was awesome too. All the buses were flashing "Obrigado Portugal" every now and then (I got to lose my bus because I couldn't see the number xD) and everyone was still sooo happy. The amount of people who went to see our team in Lisbon was by far the biggest I've ever seen. I think this was very good for our country and will bring us more hope...

  2. #33502
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Where I'm meant to be
    Posts
    986

    Default

    It must be really fun to live in a country where soccer is such a big deal. Here in America we have football and the Super Bowl, but it just isn't the same tbh.

  3. #33503
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    693

    Default

    I have to agree. I like football a lot but it feels very closed off and strictly American. Soccer feels a lot more global as a sport. I despise the borderline jingoism that passes for patriotism/national pride these days, but cheering on the US soccer team at the World Cup is a fantastic feeling that I feel only comes with soccer.

    Also, can we please update this thread's OP? It needs to look... gayer.

    formerly blastoiseboy19
    tumblr - twitter

  4. #33504
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinna View Post
    I have to agree. I like football a lot but it feels very closed off and strictly American. Soccer feels a lot more global as a sport. I despise the borderline jingoism that passes for patriotism/national pride these days, but cheering on the US soccer team at the World Cup is a fantastic feeling that I feel only comes with soccer.

    Also, can we please update this thread's OP? It needs to look... gayer.
    I guess soccer just ain't a north american thing, because in Canada we focus on hockey and the stanley cup lol. We have football too but it's not as big and nothing compared to american's football. But soccer is not big at all here except for a past time, not as many watch the league or whatever it's called.
    stay gold
    BE PROUD
    If anyone has a shiny Murkrow, I'd love to trade

  5. #33505
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemoncatpower View Post
    I guess soccer just ain't a north american thing, because in Canada we focus on hockey and the stanley cup lol. We have football too but it's not as big and nothing compared to american's football. But soccer is not big at all here except for a past time, not as many watch the league or whatever it's called.
    Oh man, don't get me started on hockey. I'm from (metro-)Detroit, so literally everybody within a 25 mile radius of me is a Red Wings fan. (I mean, how can't you be? it's the Red Wings!) But I assume that's not the same everywhere in the US.

    formerly blastoiseboy19
    tumblr - twitter

  6. #33506
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinna View Post
    Oh man, don't get me started on hockey. I'm from (metro-)Detroit, so literally everybody within a 25 mile radius of me is a Red Wings fan. (I mean, how can't you be? it's the Red Wings!) But I assume that's not the same everywhere in the US.
    lol nice I've never been down to Detroit, that's cool they love their hockey team though! would you say it overtakes football in detroit?
    Almost anything sport related in canada is about hockey, and then you'll have some random football stuff. but here in Winnipeg, our blue bombers SUCK so that's a thing. But the winnipeg jets are really supported here!
    I'm not even that into hockey, but you can't not know about it or how to play if you live up here.
    stay gold
    BE PROUD
    If anyone has a shiny Murkrow, I'd love to trade

  7. #33507
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    It must be really fun to live in a country where soccer is such a big deal. Here in America we have football and the Super Bowl, but it just isn't the same tbh.
    Well, imo, here in Portugal it's only funny during the Euros and World Cups. When the national championships are on, there is much tension between the 3 major clubs whether it is their leaders or their fans. There's not much physical violence, but people are always suspicious of someone who isn't from their club. But I guess it's like that everywhere in the world xD

    On another subject, I'm surprised that Pokémon GO is being successful in Portugal. You know, people here only care about the PS and its games and when I start knowing someone better and talk about Pokémon they almost always get surprised that the franchise still exists. But this afternoon... I was waiting to make an exam and many people from my year were talking about it and showing their Pokémon xD

    I'm just sad because I bought a Windows Phone a few months ago and I don't feel like selling it so soon Better pray the game gets so popular they make a version for it.

  8. #33508
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    With Kirby. (>^.')r
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Yo,

    I swung by Serebiiforums for the first time since 2009 to check if the Japanese Language Club was still around, but I was surprised to see there's an active LGBT+ (er, maybe? I didn't see any transgender inclusiveness in the first post but) club all the way from 2005! I felt like I needed to comment, and I'm even breaking out the obnoxious bold yellow text that I always used for some reason.

    I actually don't have a whole lot to say, I just think it's really cool. Also, the Discourse from 2005 was fascinating to read. I can't believe people used "politically correct" back then, and I also noticed that although the OP didn't use the word "safe space" because it wasn't a thing back then, the OP describes the purpose of the club as essentially just that.

    So yeah, keep being cool!

  9. #33509
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikabolt View Post
    Yo,

    I swung by Serebiiforums for the first time since 2009 to check if the Japanese Language Club was still around, but I was surprised to see there's an active LGBT+ (er, maybe? I didn't see any transgender inclusiveness in the first post but) club all the way from 2005! I felt like I needed to comment, and I'm even breaking out the obnoxious bold yellow text that I always used for some reason.

    I actually don't have a whole lot to say, I just think it's really cool. Also, the Discourse from 2005 was fascinating to read. I can't believe people used "politically correct" back then, and I also noticed that although the OP didn't use the word "safe space" because it wasn't a thing back then, the OP describes the purpose of the club as essentially just that.

    So yeah, keep being cool!
    Wow it's been a long time for you then! This club definitely includes trans support, welcome back
    doesn't seem like the threadmaker is too active anymore, so updates to this thread don't happen much at all :P
    I have yet to be put on the members list!
    stay gold
    BE PROUD
    If anyone has a shiny Murkrow, I'd love to trade

  10. #33510
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Hope to join. Call me Cami. I'm trans and began to see a doctor about it this past summer since I felt it was time

  11. #33511
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrainerCami View Post
    Hope to join. Call me Cami. I'm trans and began to see a doctor about it this past summer since I felt it was time
    hi

    good for you! i hope everyone is supportive and whoever doesn't seem so that they get passed any ignorance and educate themselves that love is love and then support you!

    Either way welcome!
    stay gold
    BE PROUD
    If anyone has a shiny Murkrow, I'd love to trade

  12. #33512
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrainerCami View Post
    Hope to join. Call me Cami. I'm trans and began to see a doctor about it this past summer since I felt it was time
    I always wondered what people had to do with the doctor or so to go through the surgery or whatever. Has the doctor or whatever been talking to you about everything or is it just straight and forward test for gender dysphoria?

    Just call me if you need me.
    '"Go spend some time that you could be using to contribute nothing to society, and/or not be productive." -A You-tuber'
    Burgh's gym. Hidden easter egg.

  13. #33513
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Well, I just arrived home after a friend's party and I must say on my way home I went through one of the most compelling moments of my life.

    As usual I was walking home with the guy I like. His best friend was supposed to come with us, but he was very tired and caught a taxi, so I was alone with my crush (lol this sounds so cheesy) for the first time since May. I thought it would be cool because we've walked home together a million times by now and we always talk a lot. But this time, we didn't talk for the whole time (almost an hour!). We walked and walked and it didn't seem like we even knew each other, because he was walking like 2 meters apart from me. He occasionally checked his Instagram and I was talking with my best friend on Messenger (but I wasn't replying very fast). It was so compelling that I spent the whole time looking at shop windows (which, btw, were closed because it was like 2:30AM). I even got to the point of telling him «I wish I were already home, so I wouldn't be in this situation» and he replied «Me too». I thought after that he would start talking a little bit more, but nothing. In the end we just shook hands and walked away. It was sooo strange, because nothing wrong happened between us...

    On another subject, what I was saying to my best friend on Messenger was «I'm walking home alone with my crush». She doesn't know I'm gay and I said that in a jokingly manner, but then she became curious and was like «Tell me who is the girl». I then said that I would tell her as soon as I got home. She was dying to know and when I finally got to bed I sent her the Facebook link of that guy. At first she didn't believe, but then I sent her a pic of some messages I traded in 2014 with my best friend at the time who knew that i liked this guy and then she believed. She reacted very normally, but we didn't talk much, because right after that she said she was very tired and went to sleep. We'll talk by the morning and I'm kinda "excited" to tell her the whole story.

Page 1341 of 1341 FirstFirst ... 34112411291133113371338133913401341

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •