Page 1330 of 1330 FirstFirst ... 33012301280132013261327132813291330
Results 33,226 to 33,244 of 33244

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Hey um im fairly new and just want your thoughts on a certain subject.

Im 21 and i came out to myself at 16 but there was a time when i was actully fully attracted to girls and hated the thought of a man naked but as time went by and i was exposed to more things i realized that i had an attraction towards men and that i wasnt really into women i kind of get a lot if flak for saying that i dont think i was necessarily born gay but just down the line found guys attractive wanted to be with a guy. Now i for one am not saying i chose to be gay because who in their right mind would want to suffer ridicule and get judged because they love someone different?
    New to competitive battling always up for friendly matches to help me get better!

Fc:2766 8106 8895

Water safari

Hello~
    Maybe you are bisexual?

You know, there is a whole spectrum between being 100% homosexual and 100% heterosexual.

I have claimed Nidoran ♀
        Spoiler:- My collections in Pokémon X:

3DS Friend Code: 2766-9498-2899
    Water Safari
    Savanna Pattern Vivillon

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooed Tooth View Post
    Hello~
    Maybe you are bisexual?

You know, there is a whole spectrum between being 100% homosexual and 100% heterosexual.
    Lol im definitely not bisexual i have no attraction to women what so ever anymore i just think theyre pretty thsts all. And idk i confuse most people i meet because they say i look and act "straight" (which i think is kind of ignorant since there is no set way for someone to act "straght" ) but i can safely say im 100% gay

And hello to you too =p
    New to competitive battling always up for friendly matches to help me get better!

Water safari

And idk i confuse most people i meet because they say i look and act "straight" (which i think is kind of ignorant since there is no set way for someone to act "straght" ) but i can safely say im 100% gay
    I'm glad you know it's ignorant. It's kind of a shame more within the population don't realize that.

Every time somebody says "I'm gay, but not that kind of gay. I'm straight acting," I want to ask them. Just what do straight people act like? Do they all drink beer instead of tequila? Do they all play football? Do they all speak only in monosyllabic words? They're not all construction workers are they? What a lesser world this would be if there were only hairdressers and construction workers in the world. Ooh! I know! They end all their sentences with "dude!", right?!

What I just described is no straight person I've ever met. Yet gay people have this fantasy fetish that it's what they're like.
    Last edited by Ketaru; 28th June 2014 at 2:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    I'm glad you know it's ignorant. It's kind of a shame more within the population don't realize that.

Every time somebody says "I'm gay, but not that kind of gay. I'm straight acting," I want to ask them. Just what do straight people act like? Do they all drink beer instead of tequila? Do they all play football? Do they all speak only in monosyllabic words? They're not all construction workers are they? What a lesser world this would be if there were only hairdressers and construction workers in the world. Ooh! I know! They end all their sentences with "dude!", right?!

What I just described is no straight person I've ever met. Yet gay people have this fantasy fetish that it's what they're like.
    Yea i totally agree the thing i hate the most is when they ask "are you masc or fem?" I just respond with "im neitherof those im william." It really grinds my gears that we all put each other into these boxes yet are expected to "be ourselfs" and "be unique".

Water safari

There are two kinds of irritating gay people in the world. The ones that play up the stereotype, and the ones that are anti-stereotype.

The anti-stereotypical people insist that they're "straight-acting" and do not want to associate with men with feminine characteristics. In their minds, the world would be more accepting if gays would just man up. Heaven forbid a man like a showtune or two. Worse than greed, lechery, narcissism, materialism, pettiness, and any of those other characteristics that actually pertain to character. "I'm gay. But not that kind of gay. I hate musicals. And don't know how to coordinate clothes. And I don't get along with women. And I don't watch Bravo. And I don't listen to pop music. And I don't talk with a lisp." It's a very long list of things that they don't do. Thing is, if you define yourself in opposition to a stereotype, you're still using that stereotype to define you.

On the other hand, there are others who go beyond simply owning up to stereotypes to treating them as absolute. If you don't care for Judy Garland or Joan Crawford, it means you don't care about LGBT history (yes, there are radical gay guys that believe things like that). The Wizard of Oz is our scripture. If you don't "stan" for a pop diva like Britney Spears, you're just giving in to heteronormative pressure. If you don't have a favorite drag queen, you're probably just a self-loathing homo that wishes he was straight. Be fierce, gurl!

If it's one thing gay people seem to be obsessed with, it's stereotypes. Whether there is any basis to them or not. Whether we ought to be embracing them or not. Whether they're good for the community or not. But either way, gay people are obsessed with talking about them.
    Last edited by Ketaru; 28th June 2014 at 6:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    There are two kinds of irritable gay people in the world. The ones that play up the stereotype, and the ones that are anti-stereotype.

The anti-stereotypical people insist that they're "straight-acting" and do not want to associate with men with feminine characteristics. In their minds, the world would be more accepting if gays would just man up. Heaven forbid a man like a showtune or two. Worse than greed, lechery, narcissism, materialism, pettiness, and any of those other characteristics that actually pertain to character. "I'm gay. But not that kind of gay. I hate musicals. And don't know how to coordinate clothes. And I don't get along with women. And I don't watch Bravo. And I don't listen to pop music. And I don't talk with a lisp." It's a very long list of things that they don't do. Thing is, if you define yourself in opposition to a stereotype, you're still using that stereotype to define you.

On the other hand, there are others who go simply being owning up to stereotypes to treating them as absolute. If you don't care for Judy Garland or Joan Crawford, it means you don't care about LGBT history (yes, there are radical gay guys that believe things like that). The Wizard of Oz is our scripture. If you don't "stan" for a pop diva like Britney Spears, you're just giving in to heteronormative pressure. If you don't have a favorite drag queen, you're probably just a self-loathing homo that wishes he was straight. Be fierce, gurl!

If it's one thing gay people seem to be obsessed with, it's stereotypes. Whether there is any basis to them or not. Whether we ought to be embracing them or not. Whether they're good for the community or not. But either way, gay people are obsessed with talking about them.
    I cant tell you how many times i have been called a"self hating homo" because im not really into fashion (just like comfortable stuff and im partial to leather) or get called a queen because i like musicals and lady gaga its frustrating that you get judged so harshly on such trivial things.

I have to admit that i am lucky to be a cis gay male but its made me respect a guy who dares let his "fem" side show. You like beyonce? Right on man!! You also like video games and sports? Thats awsome! At the end of the day we are all just human and we should be allowed to be ourselfs no matter what.

Water safari

Heh, I used to be anti-stereotypical. Luckily, I've been informed a lot for the last couple of years, and became much more comprehensive.
    Now I just embrace my asexual geek stereotype (when it's convenient). xD

I don't have much touch with the LGBT community here, but a friend of mine does and he feels how harsh is to NOT be under the stereotype, as Ketaru described.

I have claimed Nidoran ♀

Water Safari
    Savanna Pattern Vivillon

Heh, I used to be anti-stereotypical. Luckily, I've been informed a lot for the last couple of years, and became much more comprehensive.
    Now I just embrace my asexual geek stereotype (when it's convenient). xD

I don't have much touch with the LGBT community here, but a friend of mine does and he feels how harsh is to NOT be under the stereotype, as Ketaru described.
    Its pretty rough i often feel like a outsider in the community because i dont like to be boxed in =/

Water safari

It doesn't help I'm too antisocial introvert to go and meet more diverse people. -.-
    Most gay guys I meet is during parties at the LGBT-friendly schools in my campus, then they run away from the geek culture I love. ;_;
    </foreveralone>
    Last edited by Tattooed Tooth; 28th June 2014 at 4:57 AM.

I have claimed Nidoran ♀

Water Safari
    Savanna Pattern Vivillon

It doesn't help I'm too antisocial introvert to go and meet more diverse people. -.-
    Most gay guys I meet is during parties at the LGBT-friendly schools in my campus, then they run away from the geek culture I love. ;_;
    </foreveralone>
    Well you have us and thats something! Lol

Water safari

</foreveralone>
    Como se eu năo soubesse, hahaha!!!

But hey... It all depends on the wording you use. Acting straight is non-existant, simply because such behaviour doesn't exist. I always wanted to know what is to act straight. But that's wording. And bad use of it.
    Most (but not all) gay guys come out looking more feminine. Acting more towards this way. It's easy to judge "feminine guys" as a gay, because that's exactly what has been shown for the society, what some homossexuals shows to the society, and what the whole society expect of a gay guy. But when they see the opposite, it's a surprise. How it cannot be? Even I get surprised some times.

Then again, I say this because I am pretty familiar with (my) society's behaviour. Specially towards this.
    I'm gay, just a tad bit feminine (on speach, though it's not that obvious), I like ROCK 'N ROLL and totally despise pop. I tend to wear some dark clothes, and hate to call attention, or say "I'm gay" to everyone. I also hate most gay events, full of gay people (because I don't feel good on such place, because of their behaviour, to be clear), and such. You won't see me as a gay, ever. But I am.
    That's why I understand society in a whole when they see a very masculine-looking-and-acting guy coming out of the closet. When you're expecting the quiet, a tad bit feminine guy you see everyday on your school to be gay. I think it's normal and understandable. Although such attitude is not exactly good.

Haha, thanks guys.
    And sorry if I sounded too miserable. xD

I have claimed Nidoran ♀

Water Safari
    Savanna Pattern Vivillon

Haha, thanks guys.
    And sorry if I sounded too miserable. xD
    Its ok man i introverted as well and EXTREMELY shy at first. I kinda broke out of it through comedy and making ithers laugh. If i know im going to go to a social thing i need a couple hours to mentally prepare myself >_<

Water safari

Its been awhile since I have posted on here but does anyone have any advice for asking out a girl? I was fine when asking guys but when it comes to girls, I freeze up and can't say anything.
    Can someone help me?

Help my dragons!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    I'm revolting enough to put you outta your misery anyway.

Sorry, I can't. =/
    At least given the general situation implied here... Could you give any details? >.>

I have claimed Nidoran ♀

Water Safari
    Savanna Pattern Vivillon

Shall be the same as asking out a man. Except the fact it's a girl, and I do believe they're easy going, way more than man. See Otaku, imagine a gay man asking out a straight guy? Would it not be really hard to do? But we have to, sometimes.
    What I did was; Doing it. I actually always freeze up, but soon after you realize the best the other person can do is say "no", it's not a huge issue anymore, and thus shouldn't be much worth of preocupation. But first, calm your mind, think on how the other person may react, and see if it is really worth the try and if you can endure the possible oncoming "no". Assuming she's straight.
    Just go for it.

But it'd be cool to know details, eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sohryu View Post
    Shall be the same as asking out a man. Except the fact it's a girl, and I do believe they're easy going, way more than man. See Otaku, imagine a gay man asking out a straight guy? Would it not be really hard to do? But we have to, sometimes.
    What I did was; Doing it. I actually always freeze up, but soon after you realize the best the other person can do is say "no", it's not a huge issue anymore, and thus shouldn't be much worth of preocupation. But first, calm your mind, think on how the other person may react, and see if it is really worth the try and if you can endure the possible oncoming "no". Assuming she's straight.
    Just go for it.

But it'd be cool to know details, eh.
    Agreed, the worst that could happen is they say no, but you still have to try. Or you may be left wondering.
    Credit to Inferno Production

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Agreed, the worst that could happen is they say no, but you still have to try. Or you may be left wondering.
    I agree. Better to just ask and get it out of the way. Honestly, if you like another person enough, I for one think they probably have some suspicion of it already. I liked my best friend from high school for a long time before I eventually came out to him. I didn't tell him I liked him, but he told me he already suspected I was gay because of the way I acted around him.

Page 1330 of 1330 FirstFirst ... 33012301280132013261327132813291330