Page 511 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast
Results 12,751 to 12,775 of 33358

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Okay so today I just got a new boyfriend! Goodness I am SO happy! He has made me feel like no other has ever made me feel before. We had like an automatic connection. I am his "baby" . So HAPPY!!!

Heirokee: A possible option is to start college as Undecided. It can be a little bit harder to finish but it allows you to start all the basics and from there you can determine where you want to branch into.

WOOHOO for me... Today is the start of my vacation. Only thing I really have planned is to relax at home and do whatever i want whenever I want. my ideal vacation!

Yeeea choosing stuff is tough.. because you'll have to stick with it for a fair while. What do you mean by Junior though? Sorry.. haha I'm really not knowledgeable on foreign school systems..

Haha you're exactly like me with your topics of interest. And Latin too! I didn't realise somebody else in the club studied that. I'm the same as you in terms of not knowing what to do, and if you enjoy them all, EEEEK! Keep asking around O_O.

PokemonMaster216, that's great ^^ I hope things work out! How did you meet?

DarkSpectrum, welcome to the world of Summer Holidays!!
    A Jolly Mareep from the British Countryside
    Long term member of Willow's Tara's LGBT+ Alliance
    Anybody unsure of their sexuality and seek support or advice,
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking
    for some great genuine people to hang out with, pop in! Above all though:
    Prejudice is not tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSpectrum View Post
    Heirokee: A possible option is to start college as Undecided. It can be a little bit harder to finish but it allows you to start all the basics and from there you can determine where you want to branch into.
    And to add onto that, take a lot of varying classes.
    WOOHOO for me... Today is the start of my vacation. Only thing I really have planned is to relax at home and do whatever i want whenever I want. my ideal vacation!
    I wish I had another vacation.. ._. One week of school and I already need a break.

It'll be a good year though, I can tell already. So much work though. I'll probably be around the forums sporadically. What with theatre, college, and of course homework... guh; I'm never going to have any free time. xD

Aw, man. I need another vacation too. Lucky for you, DarkSpectrum.

Anyway, I'm going to enter High School in the first week of next month. Wish me luck.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

Spookz, I'm looking forward to my next year too ^^. So many new people, new lessons, and new timetable. Actually, despite it being the same school, it's all new really haha. I hope all goes well!

Mr. Munchlax! Aaah High School. I think I was lucky in the fact that I went to a secondary school where nobody else in my year did. So I had a fresh start, with all new people, in a fantastic environment.

I hope all goes well, you'll be fine . I personally love school, but hey ^^'. I hope you make some great new friends .

I've still got a week or two of Summer Holidays left, sooo, I'm relaxing .
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking

High school is at least 1.000.000.000.000x better than junior high, you'll probably love it. Also, I advise you not to worry about cliques, they really aren't as big of a deal as people make them out to be. I mean, as long as you're talking to your friends you should be fine. Luckily, I'm one of those people who can transcend cliques (really, most people can, they just don't), but I still don't think they're that big of a deal.

Also, Nintandy, I might as well just explain the whole school system so you don't get screwed up by my lingo. there's 13 years to school and we divide it up into 3 schools... usually, sometimes it's 4. Kindergarten and grades 1 through 5 are all part of elementary school. 6th grade used to be in elementary school as well, but I believe most schools stop at 5th grade now. The second school you usually go to is junior high (it's otherwise known as middle school). Usually this has grades 6 through 8, but sometimes they include 9th grade as well. Finally, we have High School, which is usually 9th through 12th grade. Also, in high school and college, we generally refer to people by however many years they've been at that school. So 9th grade (or 10th depending on the school) would be a freshman, 10th grade is a sophmore (or if the school starts with 10th grade, then you just omit sophmore rank), 11th grade is a junior, and 12th grade is a senior. For college, they go in the same order, but start with first year, and end with 4th year. Plus, there's the general term "upperclassman" for anybody in a grade above you, and "underclassman" for people who are in any grade below your's. I'm actually really surprised that you don't say things like this in the UK.

What would you call a junior or a senior? I always figured that was kind of a standard thing around the world... or at least, they would say whatever the language's equivalent was. Oh, and sorry if that might have seemed obvious to you, I just always figured the UK was pretty much the same system, so when you said you didn't know what a junior was I didn't know how much else you would be confused about.

and now I need to get working on my essay for English... as my school, starts tomorrow... T_T I miss summer already.

Aah we have 13 years too, after Reception (which is when you are 4/5).

Ah hah I get you. I went to visit Harvard whilst in the States, so I'm familiar with most of those terms ^^. Thank you .

Our system, you begin in Reception in Infants (or Primary I guess), and move onto Year 1 and 2. Year 3 begins Juniors, up until Year 6 where you are around 10 years old. After that you move into Seniors, or Secondary School, for Year 7. Compulsory education finishes at Year 11, when you are 16, but after that there is Sixth Form, which consists of Year 12 and 13.

So it's not too dissimilar, we just have different names and classifications ^^.

And what's a clique? Is that cliché, or another word for stereotypes? Over here we don't have so many distinct groups, but a lot probably would be very racist considering the fact that England is FULL of immigrants. The Asian population is also booming ^^. Yea we have "chavs", "goths" and so forth.

Hope that helped!

a clique is a group of people that... well, follow certian stereotypes and hang out together.

Examples would be band geeks, cheerleaders, jocks, nerds, skaters, etc.

You probably could've just asked a lexicon about that one.

I brought it up because in America, High Schools are notoriously clique-y. If you aren't part of a group, oyu aren't supposed to be able to talk to them... it's not really true, but a lot of people think it is, so I figured I should dispel the myth for somebody entering high school.

and seriously, do you really think england has more immigrants then America? we're a nation made ENTIRELY of immigrants...

btw: just curious, but do you ever study American lit? Or do you just have English lit and world lit, which would include American literature? Or do you just not study any American novels?

Me and my friends recently went to an anime convention and I got to meet VERONICA TAYLOR X3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(the girl who use to ash's voice) I also got her autograph too!!!!!!!!! it was so awesome!

... at first Iw as going to ask who Veronica Taylor was... now I want to ask why you bothered to get her autograph... :P

Did you cosplay? I've always thought that was the coolest thing about conventions. All teh costumes seem really fun, and I bet they'd be really awesome to make. I've never been to an anime convention... and I don't really plan on going to one... but the pictures are always neat.

I've always wanted to go to a convention.. But none ever come to Ohio, and I'm a broke teenager, so traveling is out of the question. D: Such is life. I honestly think cosplaying has it's good and bad sides. Some people do a terrible job, and it makes me shudder to think how badly these people rape some of my fandoms. On the other hand, when executed well it's a very interesting hobby indeed. I've never done it myself, but I'd like to make a costume for Schrödinger (the guy in my signature). It would probably be an easy start, and I've got the right body/hair type for it... And, I'm going to stop rambling now.

When you said "Schrödinger" I thought you were going to dress up as a dead cat...

I suppose I don't know enough about anime.

Quote Originally Posted by heirokee View Post
    When you said "Schrödinger" I thought you were going to dress up as a dead cat...

I suppose I don't know enough about anime.
    Well.. yeah. xD The character is an artificially created cat-boy, and has the ability to be "everywhere and nowhere", like Schrödinger's cat. You weren't that far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Well.. yeah. xD The character is an artificially created cat-boy, and has the ability to be "everywhere and nowhere", like Schrödinger's cat. You weren't that far off.
    Cat-boy...cat-girl...what is the deal with catgirls? I have never understood the concept of making cats out of girls. I mean, I don't want a girlfriend who has a cat tail. >_<
    November 11, 1918 - At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France. The First World War left nine million soldiers dead and 21 million wounded, with Germany, Russia, Austria-Hungary, France, and Great Britain each losing nearly a million or more lives. In addition, at least five million civilians died from disease, starvation, or exposure.

Cardcaptor Sakura - Celebrating Ten Magical Anime Years

Hmm I was right about the clique bit then o_O. Lol yea, I've heard about those groups. You think it's just in movies, but it's scarily true.

As for literature, it's mainly British stuff, like Shakespeare and Dickens. If you took Literature for A-Level you might go into broader regions, but so far it's not too expansive.

As for immigrants, haha, I know what you mean. It's just something that's a big thing over here too, and in schools, it can cause a lot of trouble. In my town, if you walk down certain streets, most people don't speak English o_O.

Aaah well.

Conventions, I almost went to one a year or two ago. Ended up not being able to, that was that. I did go to a Pokémon Event last week though, so gooo me!

Aaand life is ok.. A friend really upset me last night, and we haven't spoken since. I've not felt so hurt or angry in a long time. Partially mad at myself, partially mad at her for just going and making matters worse by taking it out on me.. I guess even the happiest of people who try their best to help others have to be hurt once in a while ^^;. I just hope things work out, now I have at least two people who have a serious grudge against me. And it's all over some stupid little plan two girls had to get revenge on a guy. And of course love comes into it, I stay out, but bleh T_T.

I'm living my life again, I hope things go well..

How is everybody else?

Doing well, Andy. I'm leaving in just a few hours to take care of final registration for grade 11. Be having my picture taken as well - it's going to be quite a bit better this year, that I'm certain of. Last year's expression made me look like I was slowly considering how to best slay the photographer. 0.0 I've got a much better wardrobe as well - new t-shirts, two new pairs of black with faded white pants, and of course my hair dyed with streaks of purple that look SO GOOD right now. I'm wearing it down, but once it gets longer (almost down to my eyebrows now), I'll use a certain product to sweep it to the side a bit more and have it stay there. One could easily call it emo, but I'm not actually emo, if you know what I mean.

I've got Drama 20 (typical class for grade 11) this semester, very first class on day 1, so that's going to be a great way to start the school year. Oh gosh, I hope I'm asked to go onto the Improv Team. )_) It's a team of eight that performs regularly every Friday at lunchtimes, pure improv of all styles. There's a Nosebowl comptetition (great name, no?) every year, and five are picked to go, but I don't know if I would this year. I may want to wait until grade 12 when I'm more experienced. I went to the try-outs just before summer started, and I did very well. I was the doctor in a skit with a patient, and throughout the entire thing I kept acting very uncomfortable about touching him, so the audience obviously assumed I was germophobic. But then at the end he gets up to leave and I say hesitatingly, "Hope your boyfriend's doing well," and he looks at me, "What?" and I reply, "Well, you're gay, right? I thought you were. That's why I was afraid to touch you." Then there was a beautifully-timed rimshot by the sound guy, and the lights went down. I was told later by many that it was spot-on perfect, and the teacher confided in me I had a good chance of being asked to join. So I hope I do!

Currently resetting for shiny Palkia. I'm a-gonna nickname it Parukia, because that's so much cooler. Nintandy and i had a hilarious conversation about nicknaming Pokemon. I confided in him my plans for nicknaming Rhyperior as Muriel. xD

Quote Originally Posted by heirokee View Post
    ... at first Iw as going to ask who Veronica Taylor was... now I want to ask why you bothered to get her autograph... :P

Did you cosplay? I've always thought that was the coolest thing about conventions. All teh costumes seem really fun, and I bet they'd be really awesome to make. I've never been to an anime convention... and I don't really plan on going to one... but the pictures are always neat.
    Ya I did cosplay, I was a neko school boy.

Why bother..cause it's VERONICA TAYLOR!!!! X3 she is one of my favourite voice actress' and I think she did the best voice for ash! there is also the nostalgia factor too, on how I grew up with pokemon and watched it all the time.

Blech, photos! My photo was hilarious. My 16+ ID card too, I terrify even myself! Never as bad as my passport photo though. Short hair (looks black), a white face, and yeeea it looks nothing like me!!

About drama, did you make that up on the spot? Sounds good haha ^^.

Andy, yep, it's pure improv. We get the suggestions from the audience regarding scene and theme, then choose which we like, and then start a 3-minute improvisation sketch. No preparation, no pauses. It's all made up on the spot, which is why there is often a sharp contrast between those on the team and those not on the team - either they are sharp and witty, or slow and dull. Rarely an in-between. But anyway... got my photo taken, and it came out perfect. I got all my registration done, as well as my books and locker and bus pass. I am essentially locked in for ten months.

Just started replaying Super Smash Bros. Melee. Anybody played that game? I almost had all the trophies, but then I couldn't figure out what I was missing because I hadn't gone in order, so I've completed One Player Classic, and moved onto Adventure. Hopefully I can get them all that way. I heard there were event trophies, like Pokemon - is that true?

I am a master of improvisation, but hey, I'm not really into acting anymore.. Just being myself really ^^.

I had to do that for an English speaking piece for my exams. I got an A.. my friend posed an awkward question, and I spent about 30 seconds trying to come up with something plausible ^^'.

And I expect most people here have played Melee. It's the game I think all my friends love, whether they are into games or not. It tends to be the party title chosen at sleepovers!

Trophies are everywhere, in adventure, battling, lottery, all sorts. Wait til Brawl comes out O_O Pokémon Trainer is a playable character!

Ooh yes, the Wii. Those controls will have us tired out in no time! xD I'm anticipating some famous injuries from playing that game. I intend to get Wii for Battle Revolution first, though, so Brawl may be a ways off. Of course, my cousin has Wii, so he's probably sure to grab that game the second it's on shelves.

Speaking of games, does anybody think there will be another "Yellow/Crystal/Emerald" version for the fourth generation? I would want it only if it included both the Johto and Sinnoh regions. Johto needs to be updated! Of course, I know the chances of that are somehow small. As much as I'd like it, I think Nintendo would see little purpose, unless of course they are not going to be doing events for the old Pokemon like Mew anymore, so they would need to allow some method of obtaining them for new players... or not. T_T

I have a really good feeling that version would be Opal. I also have this bizarre idea that the fifth generation is going to be a lot darker than previous games, and one of them would be called Amethyst. 0_0 Perhaps it's just my imagination running riot. Now I'm off to find that shiny Palkia!

Quote Originally Posted by Nintandy View Post
    Blech, photos! My photo was hilarious. My 16+ ID card too, I terrify even myself! Never as bad as my passport photo though. Short hair (looks black), a white face, and yeeea it looks nothing like me!!

About drama, did you make that up on the spot? Sounds good haha ^^.
    My passport photo makes me look like an onion.

I also hope to god they never create another game that travels to any two, three or four lands. I do want a Johto remake, but travelling to other lands just uses up pointless memory (especially Kanto) that can be used to enhance the one main region.
    Last edited by Clash; 28th August 2007 at 6:52 AM.

Who's 18 today?

ME'S 18 TODAY!
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    Who's 18 today?

ME'S 18 TODAY!
    Uh Oh... look out world we have an adult :-O

Page 511 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast