Page 547 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 447497537543544545546547548549550551557597647 ... LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,675 of 33351

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

i'm not bir or gay, but i really dont have any problem with orientation
    i think it's so stupid to discriminate people just for being gay or bi...
    lets be cool, not homophobic or **** like that! n_n

shiny:

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    I like Obama, but I like Kucinich a great deal too. It's too bad, I doubt the latter will get many votes, he doesn't have the presence Obama has; he's just as brilliant- perhaps even more so. I like how outspoken Kucinich is, he's not as timid as the other candidates- but of course he can afford to do that, unlike Clinton or Obama.
    Kucinich is getting my vote. I'm trying to find a way I can complain that he was only invited to one Democrat presidential debate. I think that's ridiculous. However, I think that Clinton and Obama should speak their mind more, I would rather have a president who is not afraid to do so.

Kucinich is out of the race by now, I think.

It's between Clinton and Obama, and of the two, I would rather pick Obama. New blood, new ambitions, and he is more likely to get the job done over Hillary.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

Quote Originally Posted by Takuta-Nui View Post
    I have a really good feeling--and this comes from Freemason intuition--that if Obama became President, things would turn out much better for all of us.
    Just so you're aware, in the United States, the freemasons have a generally negative conotation attached to them. At one time we even had a prominent political party that was founded on trying to eliminate the power of the freemasons. So... freemason intuition is probably not a good thing to a lot of people.

But anyways, It seems pretty clear to me that Clinton is the best choice. Honestly, her stances are virtually identical to Obama's but she has far more experience than he does. Obama pins himself as the president for change, but really, the only change he's going to bring is a failing administration. He's said far too many stupid things to allow me to believe he truly understands the complexities of foreign relations and the intricisies of national economy. So I simply can't imagine that he would be able to do... anything that actually matters while in office.

Ultimately it just comes down to who is the most qualified, and that candidate is clearly Hilary Clinton.

But Obama is much more likely to try to change things, which means he is also more likely to cause a collapse in administration and policy. I perceive that as more worthwhile than letting things stay as they are and maintaining a stable, but stagnating administration. At least from collapse can come a rebuilding, and maybe they'll get it right that time.

And I realize that Freemasons are still perceived as shadowy folk. In truth, we aren't mysterious men influencing the politics of the world anymore, but we let that stereotype stand because it serves us at the moment. And to BandGeek101, you misunderstood what I meant by intuition. Being a Freemason, I've gone through a few years of intensive research and analysis of various subject fields, so I have developed the ability to quickly process and analyze new facts. It's become such an innate skill that it's part of my instinct--thus, Freemason intuition.

Seems like Obama lost New Hampshire.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnySweatyMan View Post
    Kucinich is getting my vote. I'm trying to find a way I can complain that he was only invited to one Democrat presidential debate. I think that's ridiculous. However, I think that Clinton and Obama should speak their mind more, I would rather have a president who is not afraid to do so.
    Thing is the front runners are afraid to [speak their mind], and with good reason. There's plenty of evidence that shows the more moderate you act (even if you aren't really), the more votes you'll reel in. Sad.

I'll probably vote for Kucinich in the primaries, if he's still in in by that time anyway. I'm not really going to worry about it right now though, it's still a couple months off.

Anyway, I'd love to stay and write up a "what I've been doing lately" paragraph, but I have a lot of homework to do (that's what I get for being sick).

I'll probably vote for Kucinich in the primaries, if he's still in in by that time anyway. I'm not really going to worry about it right now though, it's still a couple months off.
    Personally, I found Bill Richardson's resume to be more attractive than most of the Democrats' resumes: experience from his time in Congress, President Clinton's Cabinet as energy secretary, as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, in the New Mexico Statehouse as well as his unique role as a freelance diplomat. I believe a President should a diversive background of experience, not just chant for change.
    November 11, 1918 - At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France. The First World War left nine million soldiers dead and 21 million wounded, with Germany, Russia, Austria-Hungary, France, and Great Britain each losing nearly a million or more lives. In addition, at least five million civilians died from disease, starvation, or exposure.

Cardcaptor Sakura - Celebrating Ten Magical Anime Years

Hello there everyone, it's been a while since I've posted here. I really wish I could discuss the election with everyone else around, but truthfully I haven't been following it. Although I'm not in the US and I am not even old enough to vote, I kind of feel like I should be following. I hear alot of the ' we're in canada who really cares who replaces bush' business. We're US neighbours and I still feel that this is important business.

Anyway, nothing much is new except the fact that I can stop listening to 'Blackout'. I got from Itunes and its pretty addictive stuff O.O. My brother put the whole Parkway Drive album on too, which I've become pretty addicted to aswell.

In other news, our school has an annual fashion show and I'm looking forward to signing up. Its not your regular one though, it consists of scits, perfomances by the many talented people at our school and almost always has a humorous MC. My teacher was begging people to sign up but I didnt in class so I'll have to round up one or two people to sign up with me on Monday.

That's about all I have right now, just chilling in my basement until I go out for the night, the only one I dont work this weekend might I add. Hope everyone else enjoys zee weekend and hopefully I'll be able to post more than I have been.^^

You're right to feel as though you should pay attention to the election (that sounds really 'self'-centered, but I swear I don't intend that), I wish I could get better coverage on other countries and their elections. After all, we're indirectly impacted by this sort of thing, why not pay attention? I guess most people are too apathetic about everything, seems like my government teacher is right when he says "apathetic and ill-informed".

The fashion show sounds fun! Good luck with that.
    Some of the students here, including me, are preparing for what we call Rock for Change. We get local bands to do a concert in school, and all the money goes to Free the Children. I'm pretty excited.
    The Winter play is coming up fast as well, we only have a week after exams and then we're opening. Then after we strike that show everyone is jumping right into the Musical. Life is going to be pretty busy until late May!

Um Who are we talking about? An election? lol I am a bit confused here on what's going on, could be bvecause it's 11pm but still.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I can't really say I've been paying attention to this either, being in the UK ^^'. Ah well.. my birthday is in 31 days, and my parents dropped a bombshell. Me and one friend can spend the day in London, and watch any theatrical performance of my choice!! So naturally I chose The Phantom of the Opera <3 a long time dream for both me and my friend. It's going to be fantastic .

I hope everyone is doing well.. I'm "revising" for Monday's General Studies exam. Here's an example of a question:

"On a distant planet there are various types of animals, including biks, gaks and hoks. Which of the following statements can be decuded from the statements All biks are hoks and Some gaks are hoks?

A All hoks are biks.
    B If an animal is not a hok, it is not a bik.
    C All animals are either biks or gaks.
    D A bik cannot be a gak."

Okay, so not all are that ridiculous, but this is A-Level. It's all multiple choice so you can blag your way through, and the first half is just comprehension on a Science/Techology topic x_x. No wonder nobody bothers to revise; I don't even take the subject haha. Ah well, wish me luck.

Take care everyone!

-- Andy
    A Jolly Mareep from the British Countryside
    Long term member of Willow's Tara's LGBT+ Alliance
    Anybody unsure of their sexuality and seek support or advice,
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking
    for some great genuine people to hang out with, pop in! Above all though:
    Prejudice is not tolerated.

Obama is only running so that he can help out his home country, not help our country. It's time for change, and I think Hillary will get the job done.
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our dark, that most frightens us. My wii code: 8162 7704 7947 6407
    http://www.myspace.com/peacenotwar2030

NT- Lol yeah, living in Australia it doesn't really concern me, and Awesome a day in London on your birthday Sounds like a pretty cool present to me.

On the 31st Janaury I am going to a Hilary Duff concert, I think it's the first actual concert I have been to, and it would be the second time I have seen a celebrity (Techinally the actor from...Um...I can't remeber the name of a show, but it might be Weird or something starting with M, I actually spoke to one of the male actors there who played the father)
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Thing is the front runners are afraid to [speak their mind], and with good reason. There's plenty of evidence that shows the more moderate you act (even if you aren't really), the more votes you'll reel in. Sad.

Anyway, I'd love to stay and write up a "what I've been doing lately" paragraph, but I have a lot of homework to do (that's what I get for being sick).
    I know, but I really don't like it when people talk in a "politically correct" manner, because more times than not, they don't say exactly what they're going to do. You get an idea, but they may or may not do what you think they will.

There is a caucus here on the nineteenth, so hopefully he will get fifteen percent, but I doubt he will. Richardson was going to be my second choice, but he dropped out. I may just leave if Kucinich doesn't get the needed fifteen percent.

Kucinich is going to stay in the race until the end, I saw him on PBS NOW, and that's what he said. He's a determined little fella. He was third string quarterback for his high school, and he almost never played, but he tried every year and ended up lettering.

Haha yea, it's going to be a great birthday. The West End blows me away O.O and the Phantom.. wow..

In other news, some prune just outbid me on eBay at 4:10 in the morning! Hmph, I've had my eye on it for some time as well as a bid, Chibi Robo for DS . It's not to be released here (I only just found out T_T) so I thought I could finally play it, and now all the auctions have suddenly disappeared. Bleh, there goes my chance. Ah well, I can put this money towards something else ^^'.

Willows Tara, that's great! I don't think I'll be off to any concerts this year anymore, the theatre and London trip cost a helluva lot.. It's such a popular musical though, it's to be expected. The quality should be astounding . Moreso, the atmosphere alone should be worth it.

Have a great time everyone... and enjoy discussing American politics haha.

-- Andy
    Last edited by Nintandy; 13th January 2008 at 2:15 PM.
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking

OMG.
    Guys I haven't been here in ages i'm so sorry T.T

Anyway, TONZ of things have happened since I was last here!
    I got a Boy Friend (so proud)
    Yeah he's my first so i'm pretty excited
    Don't know if anyone really cares but yeah xD
    OMG, his names Adam ^^ How cute!!! He has the greatest personality too!
    Sorry for not bein here in a long time I promise to be here more often *promises* ^^
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2aj8dhu.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i34.*******.com/15nqgiw.png[/IMG]

If you don't like the company, let's just do it you & me,
    or 3,
    or 4,
    . . .

On the floor !

Congradulations, thats good to hear Ketchup. My friend invited a whole bunch of us to meet his new boyfriend on the weekend, but I had to work. It's good to hear that love is 'in the air' really.

Some more great news^^

Because I have been studying Politics in school and will be taking American History next semester, my teacher and one other teacher may plan a trip for the classes to go to NY Boston/Washington not sure where yet. If that's the case, that'll be two exciting things happening in April I suppose. My hopes are high but I'm still realisticly thinking here as passports will be an issue come travelling time.

I'm off to do some Macbeth homework, something I've put off all weekend^^ Ttyl all

Quote Originally Posted by KetchupO View Post
    OMG.

Sorry for not bein here in a long time I promise to be here more often *promises* ^^
    Aww congrats! I'm happy for you. I remember when I got my boyfriend. I was happy too. Best wishes to you!

Hey guys ^^ I've been doing better since last time but I still do feel like my minds sorta in a rut... but it's definitly not as bad as it was before the holidays ^^!

school's been pretty okay(exams are next week 0_0! I hope I pass all my classes especially math >>") been working on some art projects for school. Myfriend's holding another slumber party after are exams so I can't wait for that and I might be going to my bisexual (girl not guy) friend's house to play DDR and help her walk talk and act like a guy for her cosplay which will be fun XD (even though many mistake her for a 13 year old boy to begin with lol)

Also been wathcing a yuri and yaoi show. The yuri called Simoun and the yaoi gravitation which are really good! has anyone else seen these?

Quote Originally Posted by KetchupO View Post
    OMG.

Awww, lucky! Good on ya!

I wish I had a partner *Cries*

Thanx guys ^^

I wish I had a partner *Cries*
    I'm sure you'll get one when the times right
    I remember when I thought I'd never have one But now I do
    Just stay optimistic and stuff ^^
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2aj8dhu.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i34.*******.com/15nqgiw.png[/IMG]

or 3,
    or 4,
    . . .

On the floor !

Yea congrats, my life is a big bore as always, but hey. Exams.. Ah well, got my birthday to look forward to, that's about it, but I've already mentioned that twice haha.

What am I saying, I should be happy for you . That's great news, truly. Love hasn't got a real place in my life yet, and never really has, it's good people can be happy with their lives and find someone like that.

I suppose there's not much else to say really, 2008 has been one big .. shallow blah. I was ill when it began, and within two weeks I have exams. Two down, the worst to come . Then it's back to school, got a presentation to give on my Africa trip to the parents, URGH.. Good old life. I was just helping a friend out who's going through a rough patch, so it made me see how the future's ahead, and I have a lot to look forward to. So many things people do at this age I suppose I may have missed out on, but at least I know I can accomplish things to come.

Take care everybody!

-- Andy

I would like to join. I'm bi, so I thought this would be the perfect club to join.
    I claim any and all forms of Dracula in movies, TV, and the Castlevania games.
    This is the most awesome thing ever!
    Paired up with Jupetta.
    SaltyChi x Jupetta= Vampireshipping

Well sure you can Join saltyChi ^^

Can you tell us a little bout yourself?

BTW; the mewtwo in your avatar is SO cute

or 3,
    or 4,
    . . .

On the floor !

So as of sunday night I am now able to say that I have been gay bashed which was kind of scary cause he was much bigger(and older) than me and I ended up having a knife to my neck which he called his 'fag knife' at the end of the night. Anyways idk I kind of feel like I should do the opposite of keep it in as much as possible. I didn't get like seriously hurt or anything, just seriously shaken up with what happened and the knife thing.fuck. The worst part of it all was that it was someone who I thought was my friend.
    Last edited by markomega; 15th January 2008 at 9:19 PM.

-big signatures are for fat people-

Page 547 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 447497537543544545546547548549550551557597647 ... LastLast