Page 549 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 449499539545546547548549550551552553559599649 ... LastLast
Results 13,701 to 13,725 of 33354

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

On the Religon/Homosexuality subject, I'm not religiousand rely on astrology for guidance. However, I believe:

1. If there was a God, why would He make us like this if He dissaproved of it?
    2. Homosexuality is completely natural; they've seen animals doing it.

NT- Lol coo, dunno when Torchwood will be back, wouldn't be surprised that I will miss it, since the ladst time it was on, I thought it was postphoned then few eps later found out it was on at 12am..
    SA- Well, that's why you shouldn't attack people, never know when they are gonna fight back lol.
    TW- You should tell me how that movie is when you see it okay? I wanted toknow what it is about, if its horror I don't really like horror (Not Gore horror, I mean like scary horror)
    Revan- Its good you asked instead of flaming, since I am not gay or bi I will let the others tell you, I know some people are gay because they hate the opposite (If its male, sometimes I cant blame them lol)
    Ketup- I would you could or I would have never fallen for Kirsten.

To all new members, Welcome to the club.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Revan <Darkside> View Post
    Hey guys, im not popping in here to flame or anything but im not gay, im just curious about why you people are gay? Im a christian so it is forbidden, but i just wonder sometimes. Do you just not find the opposite sex attractive? (unless your Bi) But gay is just not Gods way. Dont get me wrong, i dont dislike you guys or anything, just curious...
    There is no real easy way to answer this besides the "i'm born with it" response, but saying it like that makes it sound like a plague, which is kind of not true either.

The way I see it, it's more of an attraction of those who you love. As a bisexual, I guess I get the best of both, in a way. If I ever get married, I get married, it all depends on who I fall in love with in the end. Sure people do things for pleasure and the like, but thats pleasure for you, it's not really love.

I'm not a religious person, to be honest, but one of the best messages that is usually ignored from numerous religious groups is Jesus's parables to teach forgiveness, acceptance, and love amongst nature and human beings. For me, that message of love is what's most important, so I see it as more than physical attraction, but whoever you fall in love with.

Even though I live in a town that is not exactly gay-friendly, I've fortunately never had to face too much discrimination or bashing, but it is still bad enough that I still have to keep my closet on hand every now and then for protection. I'm curious as to how everyone else manages to cope in these kind of situations.
    I guess i'm lucky becuase I live in New York, it's more accepting than most places, plus a lot of people I find don't really care. But then again, New Yorkers wouldn't care if you have green skin and two extra arms if you walked down the street.
    By the way, ive been gone for a while, whats up everyone?
    Last edited by LinksOcarina; 20th January 2008 at 8:35 AM.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

Revan, I think the people above just summed it up really, but sexuality is not a choice *unless you're attention seeking and you just use it as a title*. Most however just accept it as a part of their life. So many people wouldn't suffer and be put against prejudice if they could just turn off their emotions and who they find attractive just like that. It causes no harm, and if you look, a considerable amount of the world's population are gay or bisexual. Happy lives are led, and nobody figuratively speaking should be hurt in the process, just like any other healthy relationship.

Also as somebody said, there are gay Christians. It all depends on the extremity of your beliefs, and how tradionalist you are. In reality it makes no difference, you are human, and a part of the community. Unless you publicise yourself and flaunt your sexuality thinking you're better than everybody else because you're "different", I do not see why it should be deemed so improper.

Spookz, that sounds great! I'm looking forward to that myself, I'm now in my second term of Year 12, so I have a while to go. Never mind..

Gaspar, of course you are welcome! It's good to have new members, and there are a lot of friendly people to talk with . If you need advice there's a lot to be given, so feel free to pop in whenever .

Welcome back all who were missing. S-Unit, that's tough . Our PC has had a lot of problems lately too, but I think it's sorted. I retyped up my coursework, and sorted out most my essays ^^'.

I think my sinuses are screwed up, my eyes have been aching the past few days. Hoping it'll clear up soon. Life's kinda depressing, it's good I can keep in contact with my friend in Australia. I love being at school with friends, but I've gone from the year's weird happy guy to the quiet secluded one. I've not laughed truly in years, but hey ^^'. It's always good to have something to look forward to, and for now it's my birthday!

I hope everybody else is okay .

Take care!

-- Andy
    Last edited by Nintandy; 20th January 2008 at 7:03 PM.
    A Jolly Mareep from the British Countryside
    Long term member of Willow's Tara's LGBT+ Alliance
    Anybody unsure of their sexuality and seek support or advice,
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking
    for some great genuine people to hang out with, pop in! Above all though:
    Prejudice is not tolerated.

Nintandy: Today is my brother's birthday too. .

And.........in five days will be mine and my boyfriend's 5 month anneversary. . Later everyone....

Hey everybody,

I'd really like to join the Club. I'm gay and I'm really glad to see that there's actually a Club like this on Serebii.
    I haven't read all the posts in here (for there are nearly 700 pages and I'd probably be reading for days) but I've read the latest ones and think that I can catch up with the discussion after a while
    Last edited by Cerulean21; 21st January 2008 at 12:59 AM.

Even the lowest whisper can be heard over armies when it's telling the truth

Quote Originally Posted by runka View Post
    I think C21 has seriously gone crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean21 View Post
    I have been gay for several years now
    ... T_T ...

Especially in a club that is meant to support gay people and issues, that clause is phail. It may be necessary for us to collectively create a little informational post or something about homosexaulity.

another thing that is phail, the amount of hours that these forums are offline. I swear I come here at least once every other day and the forums are always freaking down. This angers me.

also, interesting note for those of you who remember me... because I can't ever post anymore thanks to the frequency of the forums not working... My stomach illness is not nearly as bad. Hooray! Anyways, interesting factoid, it's called mesenteric lymphadenitis, which means that the lymph nodes in my mesentery tissue were inflamed. Anyways, it takes like nine months for them to heal... which puts my being completely cured somewhere in July, though I am significantly less dying than I was before. Also, the illness before kicked me out of my school's play, but now we're having another. Little Shop of Horrors! Ha ha! Anyways, I think I'll go out for the plant voice. For those of you who don't know what it is, look it up on wikipedia.
    Last edited by heirokee; 21st January 2008 at 12:06 AM.

Nintandy - Goodness, that sucks. I hate sinuses.

Thank god exams are over.
    That was a major stresser.
    Now, all I have to worry about is prose/poetry.

I've been busy with the chats and the trade section (which I've redone, check it out )

Since I can't find a specific subject, I'll start one.

Have you seen any good movies lately?

I know I have. Sweeney Todd was AWESOME.
    I didn't know Johnny Depp could sing. :<

watch me apply the pressure
    all decked in lace and leather
    3DS FC: 0817-4861-0470, PM if you add

Answering to heirokees post:

oh bloody. Well, as English is not my maternal language, this sentence may have provoced a wrong impression (but it does work fine in my language).

Informational... Hm... You know, there's nothing really informational about my homosexuality. And I think this is the way it works best. Maybe it's because I live in a country where homosexuality is generally accepted, maybe not, but IMO there's nothing special about beeing gay o not, and I think this is what people should realise, then as long as homosexuality is seen as something special, there will always be people who have some kind of a problem with it.
    Being gay does not mean that you are different or how some people would say "strange", you're just attracted to people of the same sex, nothing more and nothing less. I don't feel proud that I'm gay as I wouldn't feel proud if I were straight. Maybe that's because I was raised in an environment where homosexuality is accepted, so I never felt bad about it but I know that several people I know where ashamed of their homosexuality at first, but they all live happy now because they have accepted it as it is. I mean, no one who is heterosexual would be ashamed of that. It doesn't matter if somebody is straight or gay, what counts is a persons personality.

I hope you guys don't get that wrong...:S

But I do have a question... How is it with the acceptance of homosexuality in the United States?
    Here in Europe homosexuality is generally accepted, but I was told that this is very different in the States (and in Europe there's the prejudice that Americans are prude / I'm not saying this is true, I'm just curious btw).
    Last edited by Cerulean21; 21st January 2008 at 1:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revan <Darkside> View Post
    Hey guys, im not popping in here to flame or anything but im not gay, im just curious about why you people are gay? Im a christian so it is forbidden, but i just wonder sometimes. Do you just not find the opposite sex attractive? (unless your Bi) But gay is just not Gods way. Dont get me wrong, i dont dislike you guys or anything, just curious...
    Well ultimately God made us gay, which is quite the irony. You may be a little too immature to know but homosexuals have as much choice of being gay as what colour eyes they have. It's all genetics.

Happy Birthday Andy!

I understand what you're trying to say, Cerulean.

Also, yeah us Europeans see Americans as prudish, due to the strength of neo-conservatism and the religious Right there- but not all American states are homophobic (and there are many gay-rights activists in USA), just like not all European countries are accepting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarofl View Post
    I understand what you're trying to say, Cerulean.

Also, yeah us Europeans see Americans as prudish, due to the strength of neo-conservatism and the religious Right there- but not all American states are homophobic (and there are many gay-rights activists in USA), just like not all European countries are accepting.
    That's good to know. It's what I thought but, you knnow, you hear so many things that you could never be sure of it and I have never lived in the States, so I couldn't build an opinion on that...

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Destler View Post

Since I can't find a specific subject, I'll start one.

Have you seen any good movies lately?
    Yeah, I have. Three actually, last week (though only one on cinema, the other two on DVD):

"The Golden Compass"
    It's not as good as the books, however, but I still did like it

"Les Innocents" by Bernardo Bertolucci.
    Eva Green in one of her best roles. Really good film that causes you to think a bit. Great ending, what could be more suitable as Piaf's "Non, je ne regrette rien"...?

and last but not least

"The Interpreter" with Nicole Kidman
    That's one of my favourite movies. Very well made and again causes you to think about it. It's also very political and as I am a political person, I really like that.... If you got the DVD, btw, I'd recommend the alternative ending. That's much better than the one in the movie and it really gives me the heebie-jeebies.
    Last edited by Cerulean21; 21st January 2008 at 5:40 PM.

Ah, welcome Cerulean21 ^_^ it's good to have you here. Don't worry about your statement about being gay ^_^ I know you meant "I've known". Your paragraph about gays not being special, I entirely agree. If you go back a page and read the last few posts of mine, I typed the exact same thing! Good we share the same views .

heirokee, I remember you! Fortunately, I've been lucky with the forums lately, and been able to get on with ease. I suppose it's because I'm in the UK and have different online times, but hey. Good to know you're getting better!

Erik Destler, true, I think I'm better now . Sweeney Todd? LUCKY! I really want to watch that, but it's an 18 over here. Finding a way into the movie is an option, but there's a high risk of them checking for ID x.x soo I may as well wait for the DVD release.

And erm erm erm erm erm!!! MY BIRTHDAY ERM! It's on the 12TH FEBRUARY! Haha sorry if you misinterpreted me, but thanks anyway! You can congratulate me on my 17th then haha ^_^'.

I had a hyper moment though and preorder Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings with the last of my Christmas money, with an awesome postage option which basically guarantees me day of release postage or before. Perfect considering the UK gets the titles so much later than other countries x.x.

I hope everyone is okay!

-- Andy
    A Jolly Mareep from the British Countryside
    Long term member of Willow's Tara's LGBT+ Alliance
    Anybody unsure of their sexuality and seek support or advice,
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking
    for some great genuine people to hang out with, pop in! Above all though:
    Prejudice is not tolerated.

Happy Birthday to everyone, because I know I will forget and not be around when it comes up.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

Sweeney Todd, eh? I'm anticipating the day I finally see the movie (never have time for movies these days), but I'm having my doubts about the casting. The Broadway performances are so demanding, both vocally and just as far as acting goes, and I'm having a really hard time picturing Depp in the part. I'm thinking either they had to alter the music for him, or it just completely sucks. We'll see.

I'd ramble about the college visit a bit, but I should get to bed- school tomorrow and all. Plus I doubt anyone would care/know what I was talking about anyway. I have a tendency to ramble on about tech things without thinking.

Good morning club yes I am still alive and little Nintandy wanted me to post something (Curses on you hyped blob!)

Well where should I start? School has been rather interesting no real bad things or annything but I am not here to talk about that but about something different.

I have a girlfriend ^_^ and today we will be together for 4 months (Hey first real longlasting relationship so its a record for me) I love her very much and between you guys/gals and me I really think she is the one :3

Well thats really all I have to say now excuse me I have a blob to incinerate.

^Neat stuff. Good luck, you two.

Hey there everyone! Thought I'd pop in for a hello. Just finished my Math exam yesterday morning, and in about a hour and half I'll be bent over Chemistry 20. Then Thursday is CCAT for all grade 11s (Canadian Cognitive Achievement Tests). I continually set records with my marks on those since I'm such a good analyzer and thinker. And finally English 20 Honours in Friday, and then I'll have finished semester 1!

Writing's going really well too. I'm technically stuck editing one scene since I've changed a major point, so I need to think of some way to connect this scene to the following scene so it still makes sense. I'm not worried, though--I normally think of solutions like this within the week.

And I highly recommend everybody check out this simple and yet insanely entertaining http://mln.lego.com/en-us/Publicview/GreatestBeing.aspx (My LEGO Network). Join and try it out--you'll either love it or hate it.

EDIT: Hmmm, the coding for named html tags is different from what I'm used to on other forums. Perhaps somebody could tell me how it's done?

Well good luck on your exams then!

Sorry if I ask, but I'm new on this thread, so, are you writing a play or so?

As You may have heard, heath ledger passed away earlier today. He stared in brokeback mountain, which was about homosexuality, and horses. I wouldnt know because i havent seen it, but has anybody actually seen it? Is it any good? Are there any particular messages?

Wow. Its Five P.M Wednesday school starts Tuesday. Im trying to bore myself to make time go slower. But i can only hope. I'll be happy to see my friends, maybe excluding one after some drama, but im really not a fan of school in general. Its just i hate the routine. But unfortunatley, my dream profession lies under the medicene umbrella, so its non-stop school action followed by university for 6+ years or so. whopee.
    [And how will I know when I get there?
    And how will I know when to Leave?
    We've all got to start from somewhere!
    And it's right there for Me!
    The Possibilites are never Ending!

- Endless Possiblity

As You may have heard, heath ledger passed away earlier today. He stared in brokeback mountain, which was about homosexuality, and horses. I wouldnt know because i havent seen it, but has anybody actually seen it? Is it any good? Are there any particular messages?
    Are you serious ?
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2aj8dhu.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i34.*******.com/15nqgiw.png[/IMG]

If you don't like the company, let's just do it you & me,
    or 3,
    or 4,
    . . .

On the floor !

The movie was very nice, in my opinion. And yes it revolves around the relationship between two men who live in the shadow of an intolerant and traditionalist environment.

I've started since yesterday college exams marathon for a whole month straight. Ouch.

What's this Sweeny Todd movie about? All I know is it's Johnny Depp singing.

Also, I've watched Brokeback Mountain and it was good. Only one sex scene which is nothing over PG really.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash View Post
    What's this Sweeny Todd movie about? All I know is it's Johnny Depp singing.
    It's about a barber who kills people and gives them to his girlfriend, who makes pies out of them.

...no, I'm serious.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by swift arrow View Post

Wow. Its Five P.M Wednesday school starts Tuesday. Im trying to bore myself to make time go slower. But i can only hope. I'll be happy to see my friends, maybe excluding one after some drama, but im really not a fan of school in general. Its just i hate the routine. But unfortunatley, my dream profession lies under the medicene umbrella, so its non-stop school action followed by university for 6+ years or so. whopee.
    Yes, the movie really is good. Especially the ending is truly moving. I'd really recommend to watch that once you got the time. It's really worth it.

Also, do you really have to study 6+ years for medicine? Where do you live? It's only 5 years here. But I know how you feel. I have 12 years of school behind me (but I'm taking a year off now) and then there will be 5 years of studying Politics / Linguistics. But you, know, 5 or even 6+ Years are over within seconds. Once you've been 18, you close your eyes and when you open them again, you're already 20. Time is running faster the older you get I guess. But heads up and enjoy your time at school! The routine is going to be worse once you've finished it. Really.

Page 549 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 449499539545546547548549550551552553559599649 ... LastLast