Page 550 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 450500540546547548549550551552553554560600650 ... LastLast
Results 13,726 to 13,750 of 33355

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

But I do have a question... How is it with the acceptance of homosexuality in the United States?
    I feel the US needs a lot of improvement there. Living in California, one of the more accepting of the states I still see discrimination towards gays. Theres a lot of acceptance here in California though which I'm thankful for.

movies.. I saw juno its was cute I also watched the Dark Crystal which is an older movie I hella loved when I was little... has anyone seen it? I'm really glad I saw it again its been forever.

I saw this in the Heath Ledger thread and it completely disgusted me. I kind of researched the westboro baptist blah bah, cause I really didn't know about them before today and I saw/went to their website...
    I'm just kind of really disgusted by them, reeallly disgusted.
    Last edited by markomega; 23rd January 2008 at 6:51 PM.

-big signatures are for fat people-

Brokeback is more about two guys who share intimate releations, and true love in the end. They are not really gay in the movies, though, I would say more like bisexuals, because it seems to me they both enjoy their families and their wives more than enough. Ledgers character is more straight than Gyllenhalls character, but thats just what I got out of it.

In the end, it's sad, however he died, wether by suicide or accidental overdose. I don't trust sleeping pills that much anymore though, thats for sure...
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    It's about a barber who kills people and gives them to his girlfriend, who makes pies out of them.

...no, I'm serious.
    That just made me LOL haha, I love explaining the film!

As for Heath Ledger, I heard this, probably on the radio in my sleep like I did with Steve Irwin.. I never knew the guy, nor his movies, by name, but it must be a shame for his family, friends, and fans.

Other than that I've not got much else to say, other than that life's going quite well..

Take care .

-- Andy
    A Jolly Mareep from the British Countryside
    Long term member of Willow's Tara's LGBT+ Alliance
    Anybody unsure of their sexuality and seek support or advice,
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking
    for some great genuine people to hang out with, pop in! Above all though:
    Prejudice is not tolerated.

Hey everyone,

My friend last night was trying so hard to tell me who Heath Ledger was and I still couldn't recognize him. She mentioned movies that he's been in but I hadn't seen any of them. It is a tragedy indeed and the story about how he died isn't straight yet from what I've heard, then again I heard about 3 diff stories for 16 yr olds so how valid are they anyway. All I know was he was supposed to be in the new Batman movie, which I heard was done filming anyway.

Ok so fashion show news^^ (I'll probably be sharing it regardless if you guys care or not:P). So I'm in two different 'sets' and one of them involves me going up on stage in just boxers.O.o So my immediate thought was 'what the heck did I get myself into'. But really, I won't be the only one and it's all in good fun but it's something me and my nerves are going to have to battle with for the next few months. Practices start after exams and it's going to be hard to book all of this time off (when you work in a fast pace coffee shop you can't just not work without huge notice) but Im sure I can handle it.

That's about it, I'm going to the movies tonight and will probably end up seeing Sweeney Todd next week. I thought I'd mention the film as a lot of you are talking about it and it does seem rather intriguing.

That's about it, ttyl^^

Quote Originally Posted by markomega View Post

I saw this in the Heath Ledger thread and it completely disgusted me. I kind of researched the westboro baptist blah bah, cause I really didn't know about them before today and I saw/went to their website...
    Have you even seen the adress of that site? Things like that just make me sad. I simply can't stand people like that. It's because of such statements that many homosexuals feel bad about themself and that isn't helping anyone.
    And that whole "god doesn't want people to be gay"-thing just makes me angry. I'm not a religois person myself but I know many gay people who are and who are also accepted in the church. So everytime that someone says to me that homosexuality is not "how it's supposed to be" I just answer "Well nature thinks it's all right and nature does not make any mistakes". Hopefully there will be a time when homosexuals are regarded as what they are: Human beings like everybody else.
    Last edited by Cerulean21; 24th January 2008 at 12:42 AM.

Even the lowest whisper can be heard over armies when it's telling the truth

Quote Originally Posted by runka View Post
    I think C21 has seriously gone crazy.

I'd like to join; I'm bisexual myself, I hope that counts- If not I support gays and lesbians. It annoys me to no end when the brats in my class keep dissing gays and lesbians. Today they were picking on the poor computer teacher, who was a lesbian. >>;

hmm i just hate when stupid people make fun of gay o bi people..it's so stupid..
    (note: i'm str8)

shiny:

Quote Originally Posted by markomega View Post
    That's revolting.

So much for love and compassion.

This church seems to have the idea of "God says to love everyone, but only who we tell you"

And how would they know what God likes and doesn't like? They seem to be manipulating people as tools, saying "God likes this, but not this"
    Last edited by Eclipse; 24th January 2008 at 1:52 AM.

Default I'll join!

I'll JOIN!

My parents just found out I'm gay and now they want to make st8, BUT I'M NOT GONNA LET THEM CHANGE ME!

So now I'm just going through life looking for a boyfriend.

It's not like they can change you anyway. They'll just have to accept it. At least they know, that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pole Trotter View Post
    That's kinda extreme. Why define your whole life on your sexuality? A straight man, for example, doesn't go through life looking for a girlfriend.

Why are your parents so much against it? Religious nuts?

Im Christian and Bisexual. I actually find that i have to defend Christianity alot where i live. So i suppose all the debating i do on both sides has made me appreciate them both,

I was told it takes 4-6 years of university to study and complete a course in medicene, but then you'd have to contribute extra time after that to study in a particular field. i.e cardiology, surgery etc, so maybe thats a total of six years, im not to sure. I originally wanted to be a vet, but i cant stand the sounds of puppy dogs crying. So i decided to settle for humans instead. And yeah, life is speeding by, i had two months of holidays this year and there pretty muchover. ouch.
    [And how will I know when I get there?
    And how will I know when to Leave?
    We've all got to start from somewhere!
    And it's right there for Me!
    The Possibilites are never Ending!

- Endless Possiblity

^^; Well, many people, regardless of orientation, spend a great deal of their life in pursuit of love/sex/etc.... I guess it's seen as a fulfilling ideal in life for many people.

I'd like to join; I'm bisexual, and I've been open about it for a year and a half, although, as long as I can remember being attracted to anything, I've been aware of my bisexuality; I simply wasn't aware of the concept having a name/other people 'like me' until I was about ten. =x Still in the closet as regards to my family, and I'm trying not to spread it around at school just for the sake of sensibility [although I'm open there], but I'm open with everyone online about it. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean21 View Post
    Have you even seen the adress of that site?
    Yes, I did. The whole time I was looking at that site my mouth was wide open. According to them god seems to hate everything. Wont they be surprised when they die and nothing happens.

//welcome all new members :]

I'll JOIN!

My parents just found out I'm gay and now they want to make st8, BUT I'M NOT GONNA LET THEM CHANGE ME!

Welcome ^_^
    just gotta say, your parents need to wake up and realize that's who you are and that they can't change you.

That's revolting.
    It is. How can people be so heartless?
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2aj8dhu.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i34.*******.com/15nqgiw.png[/IMG]

If you don't like the company, let's just do it you & me,
    or 3,
    or 4,
    . . .

On the floor !

AAAH POST OVERLOAD! Bleh why am I complaining, haha.. this club needed it!

Welcome all new members, yes that's you Sammi, Pole Trotter and Misaki-Chi ^_^.

the w0lf, at least you're still accepting your role. I'd NEVER go on stage in just my boxers x.x. I've not been swimming in years, and I used to hate getting changed in front of others after PE.. My self esteem can be pretty crap, yea T.T. I wish you luck, it's good you have the will power and courage! You'll be great .

About that Heath Ledger pic, it doesn't work for me, but I can pretty much assume what the content was.. Some Christians are just ignorant morons, and much like other forms of prejudice, it'll always exist. It's so disrespectful and hurtful, but I suppose there will always be those who never learn. Those who think they can go around doing such things and use God as their excuse, which is pretty much hypocritical against their own "beliefs" in the first place.

Pole Trotter, Ragnarofl is correct, don't search for love. Or even worse, a person to have just for the sake of it. Enjoy life for what it is, sexuality in all honesty is not a big thing. Just accept it as a part of you, and if an opportunity comes your way and you're willing to be committed, go for it.

Misaki-Chi, it's good you're not publicising yourself. I can't stand it when people just use their own personal traits to gain attention, especially when it's for the wrong reasons. It's alright to joke at times, but it's really not necessary to think you're any more special just because you're slightly different to the majority around you. It's good you're open and happy .

Not so much to talk about my end, but hey ^^'. Good to know most of us are alright.

Take care everyone.

-- Andy
    Last edited by Nintandy; 24th January 2008 at 7:33 PM.
    A Jolly Mareep from the British Countryside
    Long term member of Willow's Tara's LGBT+ Alliance
    Anybody unsure of their sexuality and seek support or advice,
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking
    for some great genuine people to hang out with, pop in! Above all though:
    Prejudice is not tolerated.

Hey everyone,

Things aren't going too badly. Dealing with assignments, classes and papers (plus work). Really wish I had more hours in the day or even a different schedule to get things done. I almost feel like running around in circles.
    Thanks to Sweet May for the Jun icon on my profile!
        Spoiler:- Claims and Ships and Friend Codes...OYEAK!:

You guys really make me feel bad... Everyone's posting how much work they got to do and everything and I'm just having free time all day. Well, I'm a student, obviously and I'm even taking a year off university (which was undoubtly necessairy as having Politics and Linguistics is no peace o'cake....). But I kinda have missed all the fun as this year was rather exciting here, politic wise. But well, that gives me the time to prepare for the European Championship that's held here next summer (sadly without England (and Michael Owen), which is a real shame) but I also got the time to prepare my election campaign as I hopefully will be elected into the town council next year (my Dad is a mayor, so he'll hopefully be able to help a bit....).
    But seeing you've all got lots of work to do I say: Heads Up, summer shan't be long (or how we say here: "chopf hoch, sisch scho gli summer)
    Last edited by Cerulean21; 24th January 2008 at 11:40 PM.

Even the lowest whisper can be heard over armies when it's telling the truth

Quote Originally Posted by runka View Post
    I think C21 has seriously gone crazy.

Must be nice to take a year off Cerulean21. I'm a Political Science major as well, also hoping to run for city council (my city's elections are this November). May even get on too, since it looks a good deal of the current council would be defeated (including the Mayor, who's popularity is declining sharply).

I wish we had a change of governments at both the federal level and at the provincial level here in Canada. Both the federal and BC province governments are too much towards the right for me: Conservative (aka the Republican party of Canada) minority government federally and BC "Liberal" majority government provincially (The Federal Liberals are centre-left and the BC Liberals are centre-right). Not sure when the federal election is going to be but the provincial elections are going to be in May 2009.
    Thanks to Sweet May for the Jun icon on my profile!
        Spoiler:- Claims and Ships and Friend Codes...OYEAK!:

I heard something disgusting on the radio this morning that nearly made my blood boil.

Linkzzz: http://podcast.nova919.com.au/fjl080125b.mp3

Basically, some woman was being interviewed and was going on about Heath going to hell. This same woman appeared on another show and showed images of her young children holdng signs that said "God hates ***s". Now, I have nothing against Christans at all, most of my family are very religious. But this is way too far.
    Last edited by Eclipse; 25th January 2008 at 6:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    I heard something disgusting on the radio this morning that nearly made my blood boil.

Linkzzz: http://podcast.nova919.com.au/fjl080125b.mp3

Basically, some woman was being interviewed and was going on about Heath going to hell. This same woman appeared on another show and showed images of her young children holdng signs that said "God hates ***s". Now, I have nothing against Christans at all, most of my family are very religious. But this is way too far.
    I dislike people in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash View Post
    I dislike people in general.
    I second that.

Shirley Phelps-Roper disgusts me.
    I watched a video on youtube where it was Shirley Phelps-Roper on Fox News.

annnnd pretty much Julie Banderas is my new hero.
    Last edited by markomega; 25th January 2008 at 8:39 AM.

Happy birthday to anyone who had it recently

SA- Yeah I heard about that, posted on the thread too...Some of those people who flamed that thread are disgusting, I can't believe the way people act when someone, famous or not dies. Maybe if it was someone really bad then they have an excuse.

Oh, and if facetious keeps up his crap, he will be banned from the club, I am done tolerating him.

Clash- I heard Anthony Stewart Head has a camo in it too.
    markomega- Can you explain to me what the church did? (I know apparently they invaded his funeral), I don't like clicking links so can you tell me?

PT- Welcome to the club, and your parents cant change you, they need to accept it.

Cerulean- Same here, I always have free time

I got a main character who is a nun, she was kinda fired as a nun (Despite she is a good devoter) who learns that maybe not the churches are right and prays to God ion her way, if you want to know more, then just mtell me and I will explain it.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Willow's Tara: This is what the link I posted said.

‘Brokeback Mountain’ star - Heath Ledger - is dead. WBC will picket his funeral.

“Though shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind; it is an abomination.” Lev. 18:22. “For because of these things cometh the wrath of god upon the children of disobedience.” Eph. 5:6.

Yes. WBC will picket this pervert’s funeral, in religious protest and warning. “Be not deceived; God is not mocked.” Gal. 6:7. Heath Ledger thought it was great fun defying God Almighty and his plain word; to wit: God Hates Fags! & Fags Enablers! Ergo, God hates the sordid tacky, bucket of slime seasoned with vomit known as ‘Brokeback Mountain’ - and He hates all persons having anything whatsoever to do with it.

Heath Ledger is now in Hell, and has begun serving his eternal sentence there - beside which, nothing else about Heath Ledger is relevant or consequential.
    ------

The WBC is more of a hate group than a church.
    Last edited by markomega; 25th January 2008 at 8:54 AM.

Page 550 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 450500540546547548549550551552553554560600650 ... LastLast