Page 558 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 458508548554555556557558559560561562568608658 ... LastLast
Results 13,926 to 13,950 of 33335

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Like everybody else, sorry for not posting much!

I have been immersed in many a game. I recently purchased SMG, Drawn To Life, and FFXII (You'll be happy to know that, Andy )

I'm getting a new car next week, a Mazda 3, which I am looking forward to muchly.

Anyways just wanting to drop in, and welcome to our most recent members!

*Still incessantly rambling about that Skins episode*. Stoopid stalker >.> a girl thinking she could get with a gay guy by forcing her way into his life and trying to make him love her GRRRR. Never before has a TV show made me want to shout out and punch the TV screen as much as that did! Thank gawd for my Russell Brand DVD afterwards to make me laugh =P.

Well ANYWAY I was merrily walking through town to school this morning when suddenly BLAM, BIG BILL BOARD IN BRIGHT RED! This was what it said:

I mean wow, what a legend of an advertisement O.O. http://www.stonewall.org.uk. If nobody believed me that this country is big on anti-homophobia, let this be further proof haha.

I didn't go to my after school lecture today, just tired.. and I want to just chill out, maybe catch up on some work. Some girl was calling my name out as I got off the bus and walked to my house earlier, I kinda feel rude since I blanked her, then again.. I have no female friends who sound like that and it was probably my stalker who's just.. weird and I've never really spoken to properly in my life anyway. So yea, been a stalker-y few days I s'pose o.O. Oh, not to mention my bus journey to school, some guys behind and around me were analysing my arm hair?! "Is it real?" and of course the usual chimpanzee noises. I mean wtf haha just because I'm hairier in places they aren't =P. Even if they were trying to annoy me, I couldn't do much else but laugh. The main culprit was a loud mouthed bigot who terrorises the bus every now and then XD. I think he has like 50 asbos [no joke], but hey.

Hope all of you are well, Clash that's awesome =). FFXII rocks, and a car? I'm seventeen now, but holding on 'til after World Challenge to start taking lessons. And BandGeek, good to have you here! Hilary Clinton haha, awesome. I wish you luck with all that work T.T.

Take care everybody.

-- Andy
    Last edited by Nintandy; 19th February 2008 at 5:36 PM.
    A Jolly Mareep from the British Countryside
    Long term member of Willow's Tara's LGBT+ Alliance
    Anybody unsure of their sexuality and seek support or advice,
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking
    for some great genuine people to hang out with, pop in! Above all though:
    Prejudice is not tolerated.

haha i watched skins seems u like him and that poster is everywhere in manchester and we had people come in talking to us in school hated it asked if anyone was gay here everyone pointed to me:s got me up and humiliated my self:'(
    jakealdred@me.com
    Email me with help on programing and japanese
    thank you.

That's odd, especially at your age. I doubt they just asked for your sexuality, probably more worded like "Does anybody here think they might be gay?". After all sexuality can be a bit wobbly around then O.O. Then again who knows.

And Mitch Hewer is the most gorgeous person alive IMO, but he's hetro and has a girlfriend, so so much for his character =P. He looks disturbingly like a character from Final Fantasy Versus XIII actually =).

-- Andy
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking

haha as i said u are ment to be (laughts at sarcasim) and no they said is anyone GAY:s
    jakealdred@me.com
    thank you.

Odd o.O I wouldn't expect that. A) Most people are still unsure or experimental at that age, and B) That's kinda cruel. But hey, I suppose it's a way of encouraging support. Not everybody would just want to publicise themselves like that though, me included.

-- Andy

I certainly would not have like to have had people pointing at me in high school saying "there's the gay/queer/***got/etc.". I don't imagine they would have brought in people like that where I went to high school. There wasn't (and still isn't) really that much in the way of in anti-homophobia promotion like that poster where I live. One, it wouldn't exactly be received all that well; and two, it probably wouldn't even be put up in the first place since generally gov't agencies should be neutral and not to try to provoke people (at least where I live).
    Thanks to Sweet May for the Jun icon on my profile!
        Spoiler:- Claims and Ships and Friend Codes...OYEAK!:

At times neutral is probably the better option, but I don't think homophobia should be encouraged either. Then again if it really isn't a problem in the first place, I suppose it would be alright. Our country is just big on defending the community haha.

-- Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Nintandy View Post
    At times neutral is probably the better option, but I don't think homophobia should be encouraged either. Then again if it really isn't a problem in the first place, I suppose it would be alright. Our country is just big on defending the community haha.

-- Andy
    Canada usually is pretty good at countering homophobia generally, but its only more effective in some of the major city centres (i.e. Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal- places where sometimes you must be gay or gay-friendly to get elected...well maybe in the downtown areas). More rural and smaller urban communities are often more difficult because of the stronger religious (esp. fundamentalist) population. It is improving, thank goodness, but I do believe more needs to be done to encourage awareness of gay bullying.
    Thanks to Sweet May for the Jun icon on my profile!
        Spoiler:- Claims and Ships and Friend Codes...OYEAK!:

i knew sppf was full of lesos

smartdude7-wtf no wonder your banned
    and andy everyone was suprised that they said that even the teachers just isnt something someone would say when there trying to tackle homophobia and they didnt even say anything when people made fun of me:S so much for then:P
    jakealdred@me.com
    thank you.

Fundamentalists, as far as I am concerned, are not a problem over here. I think it's fantastic you must be "gay-friendly" though to stand a chance, it certainly improves the chances of electing somebody with an open mind and respect.

Jake, nasty o.O. I suppose they're a bit too into homosexuality. I don't mind it being defended, and homophobia being stopped, but I don't think it should be too publicised either, unless necessary. I personally do not like drawing attention to myself a lot of the time, so I would say that ^^'. And ooer, I swear some of the kids I worked with today looked just like mini versions of you hahaha. They were trying to press my badge that says ~"Self Destruct" >.> how rude =P.

Ah well, hope everybody is ok. And haha what the?! smartdude7, you're not smart, but damn I love humanity at times. Today I realised, all these shallow minded planks actually make me smile. I was tired and felt pretty bleurgh after my primary school visit, and walked looking like a zombie all the way to town. Past the big red bill board, onto a bus full of ignorant youths playing music that could be heard down the road XD. Yea people asked them to turn it down. Did they? No of course not. I should be complaining, but seriously, our population today is so bizarre, so diverse. So rude, yet so clever in other ways. We've developed into so many different stereotypes, no wonder people my age get picked on by the elderly O.O. It's just ridiculous, but at the same time, just funny. The way we're headed haha, this generation is so different to the past. And the one after that, then the next, etc.. I wonder what then =P. ANYWAY. RANDOMNESS OVER.

Take care!

-- Andy
    Last edited by Nintandy; 20th February 2008 at 5:03 PM.

haha self destruct:P and the people on the bus remind me of chavs:P
    and smartdude7 isnt smart and a dude i agree
    jakealdred@me.com
    thank you.

Well pata pata pata pon.. Where is everybody? The club sure is quiet. Ah well =) one more essay to do this week, then a night or two of chillaxation. Wow why the Hell did I say that?! Never mind, my best friend got no sleep last night, so I spent the lunch helping her out. Now I'm home, I can just take my time x.x.

The Ball is on Saturday, loving my dinner jacket and bow tie . But.. yea.. Come on people, get posting T.T.

And now I have to make a choice. Mario Kart Wii or a PSP?! Damn this haha. I'll probably choose MK..

Take care everybody.

-- Andy

Hello. I would like to join.

I'm not gay or bi, but I think that people should stop hating gay people and just accept the fact that people have different preferences.
    Platinum FC: 2793-6472-2166

haha i have no powers to say whever u can join or not but anyway btw andy pick mario kart wii
    then again ff 7 crisis core on psp
    anyhow andy in a bow tie and jacket
    and i agree more posts ive been posting daily so has andy but other than that:s
    anyhow i hope everyone is ok add me on msn if u havent
    JALDRED.wii@hotmail.co.uk
    and watch out pedo about on msn
    me and andy have had our experiances so have me and my best friend
    Jake:P
    jakealdred@me.com
    thank you.

Yonowarru, it's a pleasure . You know, we once had a member with a similar name to yours, and well.. He's not been on lately kinda miss him. Anyhoo, that's awesome, could you tell us a lil bit about yourself?

And Jake, that guy you are talking about is a complete perv. But you get so many shallow minded people on the net, it's to be expected. Just ignore them. I found mine in all the wrong places. Gay chatrooms ~ be VERY careful who you speak with.

-- Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Nintandy View Post
    Yonowarru, it's a pleasure . You know, we once had a member with a similar name to yours, and well.. He's not been on lately kinda miss him. Anyhoo, that's awesome, could you tell us a lil bit about yourself?
    I go to a all-boys Catholic School. I like Pokemon games, plus games like Resident Evil and Super Smash Bros. Melee. I like reading books and watching movies based on Classic Monsters(Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolf-Man, etc...). Finally, I love drawing!
    Last edited by Yonowarru; 21st February 2008 at 9:07 PM.
    Platinum FC: 2793-6472-2166

Seconding Nitandy to be careful to who you hang out on the net, especially if you're a kid or teen.

Man, at last after two months straight of exams it's finally almost over, only two subjects left. I'm le tired.

haha im being careful now someone who adds me ASL is the first question i ask
    and yonowarru-a all boys catholic school i cnt remember if you was gay or not but i didnt think catholics liked gays
    any way who am i to judge
    and yay more people posting
    jakealdred@me.com
    thank you.

Say, I have a question for everyone about the media. Why is it ok to show a straight man as a sex maniac, but if you show a gay man as a sex maniac everyone says it's a horrible negative stereotype? Isn't it a male stereotype more than a gay stereotype?
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    Say, I have a question for everyone about the media. Why is it ok to show a straight man as a sex maniac, but if you show a gay man as a sex maniac everyone says it's a horrible negative stereotype? Isn't it a male stereotype more than a gay stereotype?
    I agree with you there, but I guess there's no convincing some people.

I'm alive, by the way.
    Thursday I left school early for a college visit; a 16 hour drive, but well worth it. This place is way up North, on Lake Superior, so you can imagine there was a lot of snow- a fantastic amount of it. I loved the campus, and since I stayed the night I got a good taste of student life too.
    I'll be honest, if my number one accepts me as well, I don't know how I'll decide where to go. I love both campuses, and both are in pretty liberal areas from what I can tell.

I guess that's about all I have to say. So how the hell are you guys?

Social double standards. And sometimes overreaction from people who feel 'oppressed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    I agree with you there, but I guess there's no convincing some people.

I'm alive, by the way.
    Thursday I left school early for a college visit; a 16 hour drive, but well worth it. This place is way up North, on Lake Superior, so you can imagine there was a lot of snow- a fantastic amount of it. I loved the campus, and since I stayed the night I got a good taste of student life too.
    I'll be honest, if my number one accepts me as well, I don't know how I'll decide where to go. I love both campuses, and both are in pretty liberal areas from what I can tell.

I guess that's about all I have to say. So how the hell are you guys?
    Which schools are they? Or do you want to keep that undisclosed?

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla 3000 View Post
    This topic would scare Tom Cruise....
    Can I not please join FTL?
    Replying with quote so that we may mock you after your post is deleted.

If you don't want to join, don't post. Is that really that difficult?
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Page 558 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 458508548554555556557558559560561562568608658 ... LastLast