Page 559 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 459509549555556557558559560561562563569609659 ... LastLast
Results 13,951 to 13,975 of 33335

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Wow Yonowarru, a lot of awesome hobbies there ^_^. Plus, it's good you are a supporter. So many stereotypes of Christians being homophobes now. You need to keep a level head x.x. I hope you enjoy your stay here .

Spookz, good to know you're alive . I'm fine thank you. And yea decisions are tough . I'm sure you'll find the best path over time!

And Blackjack, after laughing at the post, the stereotype thing. That's not something I've actually come across here.. It's always sex made heterosexual males.. I suppose it must be yet another American generalisation x.x.

In my own news, my A-Level creative piece for coursework is A grade standard hoorah! I just need to compliment it with a suitable commentary and I am set. Oh how I enjoy writing .

-- Andy
    A Jolly Mareep from the British Countryside
    Long term member of Willow's Tara's LGBT+ Alliance
    Anybody unsure of their sexuality and seek support or advice,
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking
    for some great genuine people to hang out with, pop in! Above all though:
    Prejudice is not tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintandy View Post
    Wow Yonowarru, a lot of awesome hobbies there ^_^. Plus, it's good you are a supporter. So many stereotypes of Christians being homophobes now. You need to keep a level head x.x. I hope you enjoy your stay here .
    Thanks!
    Platinum FC: 2793-6472-2166

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnySweatyMan View Post
    Which schools are they? Or do you want to keep that undisclosed?
    I've narrowed it down to DePaul University, in Chicago, and Michigan Technological University, which, as I said earlier, is near Lake Superior on the Keweenaw peninsula.

^It seems like your enjoying the school tours, I am a little stressed about looking into universities next year and the course outlining for next year, my final high school year.

Anyway, not much new with me. Last night was my last night working with one of my fav employees as she's gone after tonight. I was gunna go and visit but its way to cold. I'm in a bit of a bad mood as my plans for the evening are pretty much gone and my next two nights aren't free as I work. Don't you just love looking forward to something only to have it wrecked 2 hours prior, I sure do.

Nothing too interesting to say, and my post seems a little boring. Hope everyone is doing well and I'll ttyl.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nintandy View Post
    And Blackjack, after laughing at the post, the stereotype thing. That's not something I've actually come across here.. It's always sex made heterosexual males.. I suppose it must be yet another American generalisation x.x.
    Well, like, people got mad about Jack from Will and Grace because he's a horndog, but they don't say anything about the straight characters who're equally horny.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

I go to a all-boys Catholic School.
    ZOMG o_o my dream is to go to an all boys school xD
    Say, I have a question for everyone about the media. Why is it ok to show a straight man as a sex maniac, but if you show a gay man as a sex maniac everyone says it's a horrible negative stereotype? Isn't it a male stereotype more than a gay stereotype?
    I don't really know. I guess it's just the way some people think.
    I know a lot of people that only think about sex when they hear the word Gay or Homosexual, when homosexuality is so much more then that. It really gets on my nerves. >.<
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2aj8dhu.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i34.*******.com/15nqgiw.png[/IMG]

If you don't like the company, let's just do it you & me,
    or 3,
    or 4,
    . . .

On the floor !

Quote Originally Posted by KetchupO View Post
    I don't really know. I guess it's just the way some people think.
    I know a lot of people that only think about sex when they hear the word Gay or Homosexual, when homosexuality is so much more then that. It really gets on my nerves. >.<
    Unfortunately, it is a prevailent stereotype, and unlikely to go away anytime soon. Not without some major activism and pointing out the overt and blatant sexualization that goes in the "hetro" world. At work today, I had a customer come in that was complaining that the only clothes that he could buy his 5-year-old daughter were increasingly revealing and suggestive. More appropriate for a 19-yo rake than a 5-yo. Now, that should be something that gets on peoples' nerves.
    Thanks to Sweet May for the Jun icon on my profile!
        Spoiler:- Claims and Ships and Friend Codes...OYEAK!:

Hmm, perhaps he should go to the children section?

Well I had a very weird dream last night...well actually I believe it was a sex dream, I can't remeber much but I know I was on top.. And I think before the dream ended I was going to do it with another person...Very weird
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Blackjack, firstly I made a typo, I meant mad not made, but I s'pose that was obvious x.x. I get what you mean, although I've never really come across that in reality myself. Never mind~ I think it's just another States stereotype o.O. I'm slightly confused though. Welcome back KetchupO by the way ^^. What you said about people associating sex with homosexuality.. That sounds so strange to me. In the UK people associate sex with.. heterosexuality. Maybe it's just because we have such a high teen pregnancy rate and we're just so accepting of other sexualities, but I've never heard somebody say that.

Anyway Ball tonight, hoorah. Look like a zombie this morning, but I have a day to .. awaken O.O.

-- Andy
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking

can i just say that if any of you are christian, i feel sorry for you?
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

GhostAnime, welcome back? What do you mean by that?

-- Andy

people love to deny that the bible does not condemn homosexuality acts (as in, .. you know, that thing you do).

however, these verses say otherwise. if anybody can read hebrew and translate the very original bible and tell me if it means anything different, then sure, be my guest.

now, i'm not trying to convert anyone's religion or anything, but what's the point of being christian if this is the case?
    Credit to Nuit

Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Not really sure. Not everyone follows the Bible to the T, I don't. I barely read it myself... :P
    Platinum FC: 2793-6472-2166

Because those are fundamentalist views, GhostAnime. Just because a dated book has traditional views from an era where equality was not so commonplace, it does not mean that is the case today. In reality, this no longer has much to do with what Christianity has to stand for, and very few tend to follow such beliefs. The faith is so much deeper. I myself am not a Christian, but I know many who are, and they are loving, accepting, and certainly not prejudist.

-- Andy

if they do not accept the book, then how does that still make them christian? i can have faith in jesus and still murder, rape, and have a liking for revenge but i'll still be saved? it makes no sense to me.

to admit that 'those were just the beliefs at the time' is the exact same as saying 'people believed in god at the time'.
    Credit to Nuit

Christianity is not about living a life like a zombie, following some old tome. You are not ignoring the book, you are accepting that times have changed. This is a changing world, remember. Christianity is about faith, and it has principal values to coincide. I don't know about where you live, but Christianity here is a great way to aid others, to bring communities closer together. I even go to a Christian school, and yes I am a non-believer, but I am still accepted. Our school is also a science college, we are open minded to everybody and respect one another's opinions. This is how modern Christianity should work. The Bible is outdated, but it is not ignored. Simply put, Christians use it to educate themselves, but apart from the extremists, I think it is pretty obvious that not all of it is acceptable.

-- Andy

so if the bible is the word of god, how can you call the word of god outdated and completely use your own opinion? isnt that abandoning god himself?

i think people who do that merely want a cop-out and still want to wish for an afterlife. the bible says what it says.
    Credit to Nuit

The Bible was written by multiple people over multiple generations. Christianity is a faith. It's not just a cop-out. You can believe 99% of the Bible, you're still a Christian. I already said, Christianity is not about being a mindless drone, you still have free will.

-- Andy

christianity is faith.. also faith that you trust the bible is the word of god and not merely written by old men thousands of years ago. (disclaimer: i'm not christian; i'm merely speaking from their point of view.)

with that said, if you do not believe that the bible is the word of god, and what god wants you to do, then you arent christian.

Christianity is not about being a mindless drone, you still have free will.
    i beg to differ. if god is omniscient, he knew the choices you'd make before he even created the universe. your life is basically already set in stone since he knows everything. wouldnt we literally be mindless robots then? i'd say so.
    Credit to Nuit

There are liberal christians or of the theistic Left. I disagree with them, but if they see the Bible as a philosophical book where they choose the sane stuff and throw away the crap, no problem for me.

yeah, but why do that? if you cant have faith in the book, how can you have faith in what is supposed to be the creator of it?
    Credit to Nuit

Oops. It looks like my membership ran out here. I'm sorry I haven't visited nor posted for awhile. After about a 2-year seclusion to all things non-Pokemon and non-Everquest, I saw the light. Am I able to rejoin?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I would like to join. yes I am gay.

Yes, you two can join Welcome back Jolten.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Welcome back KetchupO by the way ^^. What you said about people associating sex with homosexuality.. That sounds so strange to me. In the UK people associate sex with.. heterosexuality. Maybe it's just because we have such a high teen pregnancy rate and we're just so accepting of other sexualities, but I've never heard somebody say that.
    Thank you ^^ I'm sorry I've just been busy with school assignments and stuff
    And actually it's not weird here at all. Where I am, people assume that if you're gay you automatically want to get into their pants -.- You're lucky there are many accepting people where you are
    christianity is faith.. also faith that you trust the bible is the word of god and not merely written by old men thousands of years ago. (disclaimer: i'm not christian; i'm merely speaking from their point of view.)

with that said, if you do not believe that the bible is the word of god, and what god wants you to do, then you arent christian.
    The Bible had been translated and changed and messed with so many times that you can't even call it the word of God anymore. The original Bible states all women would have to dress like nuns. You don't really expect women of this century to walk around and go shopping dressed like nuns do you? No.
    Their have been numerous changes to the Bible, I'm sure you won't mind changing the issue of Homosexuality. Also, the Bible condemns homosexual prostitution. Not Homosexual feelings and emotions. (Oh, and I'm not addressing you personally GhostAnime, I read that you're not Christian ^^)
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2aj8dhu.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i34.*******.com/15nqgiw.png[/IMG]

If you don't like the company, let's just do it you & me,
    or 3,
    or 4,
    . . .

On the floor !

Page 559 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 459509549555556557558559560561562563569609659 ... LastLast