Page 560 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 460510550556557558559560561562563564570610660 ... LastLast
Results 13,976 to 14,000 of 33358

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

The original Bible states all women would have to dress like nuns. You don't really expect women of this century to walk around and go shopping dressed like nuns do you? No.
    does this suddenly make it right to do it or something? i'm missing the relevance.

The Bible had been translated and changed and messed with so many times that you can't even call it the word of God anymore.
    then let's get somebody to read hebrew and the very first bible version if my links werent good enough (they most likely were, though).
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

does this suddenly make it right to do it or something? i'm missing the relevance.
    I'm not saying it's right. I'm saying that if women are allowed to wear 'normal' clothing now, and no one thinks much of it, why can't Homosexuality be accepted? Why change one rule and not change another?

But honestly I don't want to get in too deep, I'm not exactly an expert on this topic ^^'
    Last edited by KetchupO; 24th February 2008 at 2:39 AM.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2aj8dhu.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i34.*******.com/15nqgiw.png[/IMG]

If you don't like the company, let's just do it you & me,
    or 3,
    or 4,
    . . .

On the floor !

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    yeah, but why do that? if you cant have faith in the book, how can you have faith in what is supposed to be the creator of it?
    They don't believe that the Bible is the word of God. http://www.hostdiva.com/liberalchristians/
    Btw I'm an atheist, but encourage such breaking of dogmas from within.

christianity is faith.. also faith that you trust the bible is the word of god and not merely written by old men thousands of years ago. (disclaimer: i'm not christian; i'm merely speaking from their point of view.)
    Sorry but.. how ignorant. You know, I was sitting next to a friend of mine who is a Christian last night. In fact, his father is canon of our city's cathedral, and heavily involved with the church. I was discussing your point for quite some time with various Christians around me, and you know what? None believe all the Bible should be followed to the letter, and they even gave the reason that the Bible is one big contradiction. If they can accept that, why can't you? You cannot claim to speak from their point of view when I know living proof >.>. Another thing that made me smile was that the first point that was brought up by my friend was homosexuality, and the very chapters which you stated. I am not a Christian, but you certainly cannot generalise when I've just found many people who are dedicated to their faith but understand that you cannot just obey the Bible one hundred percent.

-- Andy

PS. Welcome to all new members ^^.
    A Jolly Mareep from the British Countryside
    Long term member of Willow's Tara's LGBT+ Alliance
    Anybody unsure of their sexuality and seek support or advice,
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking
    for some great genuine people to hang out with, pop in! Above all though:
    Prejudice is not tolerated.

i belive in the bible in some aspects yet others are just like wtf i've been church a few times and everyone was like goin crazy like screaming praise the lord like it was a gospel church or somat
    and andy glad to hear ure ball went good (surrounded by boys )
    Last edited by jakealdred; 24th February 2008 at 1:47 PM.
    jakealdred@me.com
    Email me with help on programing and japanese
    thank you.

Haha those types can be scary, I will admit. Pretty harmless, but it's probably best not to get too caught up. Those and Jehova's Witnesses. They cause no harm in particular, but certainly have odd methods O.O.

And I forgot to mention, the ball last night was a blast . I must've looked like a wally dancing in a dinner jacket to rave music, but ah well =P. Everybody was the same, even if some teachers were there as well. When the YMCA came on, I ended up near my Classics tutor O.O very interesting indeed. Don't worry it wasn't all cheesy YMCA music, we had the macarena as well =P. By that I mean you can do the macarena to pretty much anything o.O I've tried it to so so many songs. As long as it has a beat, it's possible I find. Nevertheless, a funky night out. Not so much as a ball, more of a party, but a great experience. Expensive, but being with friends having a laugh? Priceless.

-- Andy
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking

I'm just dropping in to say hi.
    HI!

I'm off to school in a bit, we have school photo's today. -.-
    I hate photos, and the ones they take in school aren't exactly the best.
    If I remember correctly, every photo I've ever taken at school I was either blinking, had really bad hair that day or a very strange expression on my face (supposed to be a smile).
    Ahh, and the fact that I have the flu doesn't make it better

Nevertheless, a funky night out. Not so much as a ball, more of a party, but a great experience. Expensive, but being with friends having a laugh? Priceless.
    Sounded like fun I wish some one would throw a party around here, people in my area are like, dead. x_x

Whatever :P Cya guys ^^
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2aj8dhu.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i34.*******.com/15nqgiw.png[/IMG]

or 3,
    or 4,
    . . .

On the floor !

hey ketchupO haha tis 8.31 PM when u posted over hear tehe
    any way same ere just dropped in to say hi preety bored just talking to andy and abi anyway...
    -Jake
    jakealdred@me.com
    Email me with help on programing and japanese
    thank you.

I'm also popping in to say hi to everyone, lol. Been crazy as hell at work, I'm actually looking forward to classes tomorrow (sad, eh?). Scholarship deadlines are coming and I do need some extra cash for school.

Spoiler:- plus...:
    Thanks to Sweet May for the Jun icon on my profile!
        Spoiler:- Claims and Ships and Friend Codes...OYEAK!:

Quote Originally Posted by S-Unit View Post
    I'm also popping in to say hi to everyone, lol. Been crazy as hell at work, I'm actually looking forward to classes tomorrow (sad, eh?). Scholarship deadlines are coming and I do need some extra cash for school.
    Ugh, the pains of going to school out of state. Either school I choose is going to cost around $35 grand. I'm really hoping for some sort of scholarship(s), even a hundred- that'll at least pay for a book.

can i just say that if any of you are christian, i feel sorry for you?
    Go for it? If you feel sorry for christians being homosexual then you should probably feel sorry for all the female teachers that are christian right? -and on top of that all the christians that eat shell fish right cause that is an abomination according to the bible. The bible really isn't something to live your life by and judge others with. Its a book, nothing more nothing less.

-big signatures are for fat people-

KetchupO, ah we tend to have all our parties and stuff through the school. Socials at nightclubs etc etc. Great fun =). We had some photographers in today, but none were for my year. Oh and I hate cameras. You know, I can look in a mirror and think, wow, I look really good. All cameras make me look TERRIBLE. Why can a mirror make me look great up close but a camera crap? Hmph T.T.

S-Unit, don't worry, at least you want to be there. I think that's great, if you enjoy it, go for it .

And now this evening I shall relax. I really really need to x.x. I was dead at school all day, and I swear I caught a cold at the ball >.>. I was dancing tightly with so many people I wouldn't be surprised.

Take care everybody,

-- Andy

None believe all the Bible should be followed to the letter, and they even gave the reason that the Bible is one big contradiction. If they can accept that, why can't you? You cannot claim to speak from their point of view when I know living proof >.>.
    how ignorant?

is it my fault that christians cant even agree with their own book? just because you found some that do it doesnt make it right.

if you have faith in the christian religion, give me one logical reason why you cant trust the word of god and yet have faith in him. it's completely contradictory. i dont buy this 'well, he said/she said.' what's it matter what some random person says? it only matters what god says, hypothetically at least.

The bible really isn't something to live your life by and judge others with. Its a book, nothing more nothing less.
    it's more than just a book to a legit christian.
    Credit to Nuit

Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

What is your problem >.>. Firstly you were generalising, big time. I just proved that I know people heavily involved with the Church, and who are Christians. The Bible is one big contradiction, and it was written by man, not God. The word of God? Not entirely true. It's a guideline, only fundamentalists are those who take it that seriously in general. That really explains their extreme beliefs, they take everything for granted. If every Christian believed all they read, they would be in a complete mess. Some parts of the Bible tell you one thing, others the complete opposite. Either you just know a helluva lot of extremists, or you cannot accept what Christianity is truly about.

Yes the Bible is important, but it's not like the Qu'ran. It contains elements which are used in the faith, but it is not what the religion is revolved around anymore. Times have changed, people are actually realising what God is truly about now. Deal.

-- Andy

how ignorant?

is it my fault that christians cant even agree with their own book? just because you found some that do it doesnt make it right.

if you have faith in the christian religion, give me one logical reason why you cant trust the word of god and yet have faith in him. it's completely contradictory. i dont buy this 'well, he said/she said.' what's it matter what some random person says? it only matters what god says, hypothetically at least.

it's more than just a book to a legit christian.
    This is not the christian alliance.

is it my fault that christians cant even agree with their own book?
    No, but it's your fault that this thread is being inundated with bullshit.

Go away you religious buffoon.

then let's get somebody to read hebrew and the very first bible version if my links werent good enough (they most likely were, though).
    What's so good in that? The words of today are sometimes quite different from the way we see them today.

For example the way most people today see the word 'virgin' would be someone who is 'untouched' and has never had sex. Do you guys know that 'virgin' could of meant been born from someone who had sex the first time and became pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by markomega
    This is not the christian alliance.
    ^

Hi guys, long time I haven't posted in here, LOL.

Hi guys, long time I haven't posted in here, LOL.
    Hiya

KetchupO, ah we tend to have all our parties and stuff through the school. Socials at nightclubs etc etc. Great fun =). We had some photographers in today, but none were for my year. Oh and I hate cameras. You know, I can look in a mirror and think, wow, I look really good. All cameras make me look TERRIBLE. Why can a mirror make me look great up close but a camera crap? Hmph T.T.
    OMG. I thought I was the only one with that problem xD
    I'm actually not that bad looking, I like what I see in my mirror ^^ , but camera's just make my nose look too big and my face look drunk o_O I hate them too!

or 3,
    or 4,
    . . .

On the floor !

I am just hoping in to say hi, sorry I haven't posted, bene playing my game Dungeon Keeper.

Talkuing about religion is alright but don't forget this is a Gay/Lesbian club, and debates are more suitable for Debate Thread.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

disclaimer: i'm atheist. let's not jump to conclusions.
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by KetchupO View Post

Hiya

OMG. I thought I was the only one with that problem xD
    I'm actually not that bad looking, I like what I see in my mirror ^^ , but camera's just make my nose look too big and my face look drunk o_O I hate them too!
    pff shut. up.
    I saw your pictures in that one thread a while back and you looked cute. lol you didn't look drunk at all.

disclaimer: i'm atheist. let's not jump to conclusions.
    cool?

Anyways hi everyone saying hi :]
    I hacked up my hair today cause I was unhappy with it...I really need to stop doing that... Sometimes I really screw it up, luckily it worked out in the end :]

I need to vent:

One of my friends from Endless Online, Karysah has left EO and now she thinking of losing contact with her EO friends, all because her EO husband Xiloscientza chose some other player over her, and Kary feels horrible.

On top of that my brother is in hospitial after a motorcycle accideny and won't able to walk properly for the rest of his life,.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

http://shadmia.com/2008/02/15/15-yea...ent-shot-dead/

sorry to post this here but it's too horrible to ignore.
    Credit to Nuit

Willow's Tara: I'm sorry about your brother thats tough. :[ but the EO thing ... people come and go, not much you can do if they want to go.

http://shadmia.com/2008/02/15/15-yea...ent-shot-dead/

sorry to post this here but it's too horrible to ignore.
    Thats a shame, he was so young. The News is always depressing.
    Last edited by markomega; 26th February 2008 at 5:40 AM.

pff shut. up.
    I saw your pictures in that one thread a while back and you looked cute. lol you didn't look drunk at all.
    Ha
    That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me here xD
    Thanks
    *shuts-up*

On top of that my brother is in hospitial after a motorcycle accideny and won't able to walk properly for the rest of his life,.
    I'm so sorry. I really don't know what to say...

And about that news;
    Some students have said King was openly gay. Nicholas Cortez, 14, said King would come to school “wearing makeup and high heels”. Another eighth-grader, Michael Sweeney, said King’s appearance was “freaking the guys out”:
    People have no lives... "Freaking the guys out" ? WTF!?
    He wasn't hurting anyone. Man, how can people be so barbaric.

KetchupO: I like you. O_O;;
    Hehe xD um, I like you too I guess

Wow, I feel so loved! lol.

or 3,
    or 4,
    . . .

On the floor !

Page 560 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 460510550556557558559560561562563564570610660 ... LastLast