Page 737 of 1346 FirstFirst ... 637687727733734735736737738739740741747787837 ... LastLast
Results 18,401 to 18,425 of 33640

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Hm 15 is mid teens I'd say! Still, if you're leaning more towards the same sex, then I can understand if you're secure about your sexuality . Being open at first is tough, but... you'll find that once you've told your friends, and you can actually just come out and say 'yes, I'm gay' to just about anybody, it's such a relief. You can go out to parties or town and not feel pressured. You can put forward your views without fear of 'suspicion'.

Don't feel pressured to just blurt it out though. We all do it in our own way.

-- Andy
    A Jolly Mareep from the British Countryside
    Long term member of Willow's Tara's LGBT+ Alliance
    Anybody unsure of their sexuality and seek support or advice,
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking
    for some great genuine people to hang out with, pop in! Above all though:
    Prejudice is not tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintandy View Post
    Hm 15 is mid teens I'd say! Still, if you're leaning more towards the same sex, then I can understand if you're secure about your sexuality . Being open at first is tough, but... you'll find that once you've told your friends, and you can actually just come out and say 'yes, I'm gay' to just about anybody, it's such a relief. You can go out to parties or town and not feel pressured. You can put forward your views without fear of 'suspicion'.

Don't feel pressured to just blurt it out though. We all do it in our own way.

-- Andy
    Thanks for the advice =)
    I'll tell her one day...after I drop a few more hints!
    Lesbian and proud. Yeah!
    Thanks Skiyomi for the banner!

OMG LOL! I just typed in my Rayquaza's stats into the IV calculator and he has all 31 except for special defense which is 14!

No problem, just don't overdo it with the hints. It's difficult but hopefully you'll be able to find a way just to say it. Then things will seem so much clearer.

-- Andy
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking

No problem, just don't overdo it with the hints. It's difficult but hopefully you'll be able to find a way just to say it. Then things will seem so much clearer.

-- Andy
    I agree with Nintandy here; don't rely on hints, for one she may not actually get what you are hinting towards and could put you on the spot, and she may also feel dropping hints is an immature way to approach things. I've been there... sometimes people can get annoyed.

Then again, she does seem to have been quite forward in giving strong hints herself... maybe wait a while and see if they continue, leave yourself open to anything that may happen etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Briankelly130 View Post
    A gay parade? Nah, I don't mind what people do but like Nintandy said it's just a stereotypical thing where (from what i've seen) men in their 30s and 40s go around in tight leather with rainbow coloured whatnots and dance around, I'm all for being out and not hiding who you are but at least have standards, it's possibly things like this that discourage straight guys about what homosexuals are since they assume we are all like the majority of the people in the parade and i am anything but that, I'm not screaming but not is every other gay guy out there yet that is all the parade seems to attract, as Ricky Gervais put it "You have these 40 year olds in the parade dancing around in tight leather and it's the 16 year olds who've just come out who are going to get beaten up"
    That's perhaps a bit of an over-generalisation although I will agree with you that they can get very tacky and aren't for everyone. And while 40 year olds in leather and really camp topless guys etc. might not be your thing (and isn't mine either) this isn't the only crowds these parades attract. I have straight friends who are in their early 20s who attend the parade every year for the atmosphere alone. I also like the ideals of them - rallying for equality for homosexual people in countries where they do not have equal rights. They are also GREAT places to meet guys (or girls)... so I'd definitely encourage everyone to try and go along at least once to see what they are like for that reason alone, and if you don't like it you don't have to go back. But yes, I can imagine why they wouldn't be a lot of people's cup of tea; I used to think the concept was stupid and totally would never be my thing, even though I'd never been.

Also, just as a side note, don't make the mistake I did of dismissing drag queens, leather-men etc. - I have since learnt that they are the ones who actually started the gay rights movement back in stonewall, and to whom we owe the fact that homosexuality isn't illegal, isn't something you can lose your job for etc. in today's society.
    Last edited by Zodiac The Vampire; 12th April 2009 at 5:37 PM.

Hints are infuriating. I have a friend who's a closed book, and he'll drop infinite hints until you've asked so many questions you just have to give up in frustration. Either be honest or stop beating around the bush.

-- Andy

Hints are infuriating. I have a friend who's a closed book, and he'll drop infinite hints until you've asked so many questions you just have to give up in frustration. Either be honest or stop beating around the bush.

-- Andy
    Quoted for truth.

-- Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac The Vampire View Post
    I agree with Nintandy here; don't rely on hints, for one she may not actually get what you are hinting towards and could put you on the spot, and she may also feel dropping hints is an immature way to approach things. I've been there... sometimes people can get annoyed.

Then again, she does seem to have been quite forward in giving strong hints herself... maybe wait a while and see if they continue, leave yourself open to anything that may happen etc.

-- Andy
    Okay thanks guys! I'm rather clueless sometimes... =P
    Lesbian and proud. Yeah!
    Thanks Skiyomi for the banner!

OMG LOL! I just typed in my Rayquaza's stats into the IV calculator and he has all 31 except for special defense which is 14!

Blergh...too much to read, but this goes to ZTV, It's dangerous because it's Mexico City period. Wear a single piece of jewelery, even if it's plastic, as long as it glitters, someone'll rip it off of you within minutes while walking down the street, or sitting down for lunch even =P. There are little wannabe gangstas everywhere, street kids just LOOKING for someone to let down their guard and rob them, even the cops you should watch out for!

The only way I'd go is if I had a big strong boyfriend to protect me =P, either that or a bigass gun really XD

Gay Parade

That's perhaps a bit of an over-generalisation although I will agree with you that they can get very tacky and aren't for everyone. And while 40 year olds in leather and really camp topless guys etc. might not be your thing (and isn't mine either) this isn't the only crowds these parades attract. I have straight friends who are in their early 20s who attend the parade every year for the atmosphere alone. I also like the ideals of them - rallying for equality for homosexual people in countries where they do not have equal rights. They are also GREAT places to meet guys (or girls)... so I'd definitely encourage everyone to try and go along at least once to see what they are like for that reason alone, and if you don't like it you don't have to go back. But yes, I can imagine why they wouldn't be a lot of people's cup of tea; I used to think the concept was stupid and totally would never be my thing, even though I'd never been.
    Yeah, watching 40 year old men in leather on boats in Amsterdam isn't really my thing either, but I might go watch it one year. The music they play's usually good xD
    And I don't wanna meet girls either, my gf doesn't want that =P

I'm starting to wonder... I hear quite a lot of people here have problems with getting a relation. But who has a gf or bf? Or am I the only one? o.o

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mexican_Smeargle View Post
    Blergh...too much to read, but this goes to ZTV, It's dangerous because it's Mexico City period. Wear a single piece of jewelery, even if it's plastic, as long as it glitters, someone'll rip it off of you within minutes while walking down the street, or sitting down for lunch even =P. There are little wannabe gangstas everywhere, street kids just LOOKING for someone to let down their guard and rob them, even the cops you should watch out for!

The only way I'd go is if I had a big strong boyfriend to protect me =P, either that or a bigass gun really XD
    Big strong boyfriend hm?

Heh.. I'm from a British village surrounded by farms, fields and fenlands. I wouldn't last a minute unless someone taught me the ropes!

-- Andy

Right here in this little town where I live, Andy, you'd be jumped as soon as the sun started to go down, which is why almost no tourists stay to watch the sunset. Truth is, any foreign person wouldn't need to go to Mexico city, most of Mexico would eat you alive unless it's during business hours, when they steal from you via their services. Lucky there's expensive *ss hotels for you to stay at =D, oh don't mind the maid, she's just here for your Rolex XD

In the end, I guess it's worth it for the waves, the non-demonic people, the food, the waves, the alcohol, sex, the so called "culture" etc.

Sounds a brilliant place to live haha it certainly sounds gutsy. I guess it's one of those places you grow up in, else you're screwed over.

I hate walking these village streets at night only to be alone. I mean I have the dog, but gee, give me some human interaction. I feel like going to town, a pub, somewhere social tonight, but I'd rather go with a friend. Lame.

Driving lesson tomorrow. CRAP. I failed my test.. put me in a foul mood. People always fail for the most ridiculous reasons, and all you have to show for it is a disgusting form and a huge hole in your bank account.

Well, did people have a good Easter?

I get my new phone soon.. was going with Orange (ORANGE WEDNESDAYS) but then saw that Phones4U had the exact same deal but sold it for LESS? HOW? If they weren't so renowned I wouldn't trust them. So.. Orange it is, but cheaper. Magic.

Advent Children Complete with Final Fantasy XIII demo should keep me amused. Exams coming up? Oops. Essays? Yes. I really should get some work done this week .

So, fun fun fun? I booked my University accommodation today, so here's hoping that goes well. A Student Village for the first year, as recommended. Self catering, I get to do my own cooking, perfect! I've done quite a bit this week with some Chinese, Greek and a lovely almond and cherry Easter cake. On a student budget I'm sure I'll survive with some slightly less top end recipes!

How are people?

-- Andy

Self catering is the way to go, and just so much better. Plus you actually get decent food at proper times
    Scarlet Rue, Cassandra Cain, Luka Millfy, Toph Bei Fong, Molly Hayes, Megan Gwynn, Stephanie Brown
    "Ohhh... this is how it all ends... Pond flirting with herself... true love at last."
    My available short stories: The Ending Star and A Hunter of Auld Times
    "It's a magical world, Hobbes ol' buddy... Let's go exploring!"

I have my eye on a potential big, strong boyfriend.

J/k.

But not really.

Anyways, I know I just had this crush on this one cute guy, but he wanted to be friends, so I moved on. So now I have my eye on this guy who has a decent build (from soccer) and I'm almost absolutely sure he is gay. I've talked to him before, not a super lot, but enough where I started to make a move it wouldn't seem odd.

But here's the kickers.

1. The guy I had a crush on before is starting to act a little jealous. We were talking, laughing and then I told him about this guy and he just kind of stopped talking. And whenever I brought this new crush up, he would try to change the subject.

2. My friends seem to resent my newfoudn crush. I've been a little dependent on them for the past few months, and they always complain "You need a boyfriend. go meet somebody." But now that I have, it seems like they don't want me to be gone. I get it, cause when one of tem got a boyfriend, I hardly saw her at all, and it kind of hurt. I don't know, just stuff, but not major.

Well, did people have a good Easter?
    I didn't really do anything, haha.
    Normally the family celebrates by having a formal dinner at my grandparents house, but as I'm away from home it was just another Sunday for me. I expect the dinner wasn't done anyway- my grandparents aren't in the best of health at the moment.
    I thought about attending mass with the rest of the student body, but I ended up working on my math homework instead. Hah.

So, fun fun fun? I booked my University accommodation today, so here's hoping that goes well. A Student Village for the first year, as recommended. Self catering, I get to do my own cooking, perfect! I've done quite a bit this week with some Chinese, Greek and a lovely almond and cherry Easter cake. On a student budget I'm sure I'll survive with some slightly less top end recipes!
    Sounds fantastic.
    I'm in a similar housing situation, instead of a traditional college dormitory I'm in a refurbished apartment hall which is owned by the university. As a result, I have my own kitchen, I don't do a lot of cooking but it's nice for those occasions that I do feel like making something myself.

How are people?
    I've been doing alright.
    I'm procrastinating on my English assignments, going to be a late night für mich.

Keeping my fingers crossed about my apartment for next year. I'm fairly sure all the necessaries are into the realty office, so now I'm just waiting to see if we're approved. Thank goodness my parents are co-signing and helping me pay though. Yikes, this neighborhood is expensive. D:

I'll stop babbling and do my homework now. Haha.
    Last edited by Spookz; 14th April 2009 at 6:27 AM.

Ah procrastination. I go back to school next Tuesday so I can hold on a bit longer!

Fused, I can understand why it would be awkward for the other guy. I'm 18 and have never had a boyfriend, nor do I really want one now that I'm off to University after the Summer holidays. I'm completely open about myself at school, it feels like it's been that way for an eternity, but in all honesty it hasn't been that long. I've just never found anybody compatible. I guess I did find somebody it would be mean everything to me. Perhaps he's had his eyes on this other guy. If I watched him fall for somebody else it would be pretty heartbreaking. Yea, life's life, get on with it, but emotions still exist. I guess you just need to make this friend feel like he's still a big part of your life, and the same with all your other friends. Maybe now that he knows you're going after somebody else he feels he could be doing the same, and perhaps regrets previous decisions.

-- Andy

My Easter was quite well. I got 2 chocolate rabbits and $10.
    On the whole I'm doing pretty well. Nothing really big happening, and I'm in the middle of spring break

You sound a tad busy andy, lol I used waves twice =P

And get this, I've never owned a phone O.O
    My sister's owned like five now, and I've never bought one, nor been given one. I just never thought of it as something I would use. Whatever, maybe I'll call them while they're in the states and get me one, since here they cost about triple the price. A wii costs 400 US dollars here, Xbox 650, and Ps3 I don't even want to mention it =P

I killed a bunny on easter, seriously though, I did nothing -_- Well, I did go to one of those Christian rally things they have...boring XP but there were a lot of cute guys there =O

I've owned 3 phones in the past month lol I have a phone obsession for some odd reason XD.

This year was probably the first time I actually celebrated easter sine like 1997? The year I got my stuffed bunny and named her Lola. RIP 2004 XD
    My mom threw her away she lost her ears and her carrot. Ah, what memories of easter.

I'm doing good right now, focusing on grades. Except I fell for a stright guy which isn't very fun. Damn peoples playfulness.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Cute Christian guys. Oh the horror!

And falling for straight people is never a good path to go down, but it can't be helped. You just need to work past it sensibly .

Anyway, about phones, mine arrived today. Delicious! It'll be useful for University and those nights out in pubs and clubs :P. Plus when I'm bored at school I can text everybody with my unlimited texts. Perfect!

-- Andy

Urgh, tnis is why we need to have gaydars people, and even if you're in a relationship it could be helpful. Think about it, if your boyfriend/girlfriend has a suspicious friend, the gaydar'll at least let you know if the two are compatible.

But I am strongly against straight people being able to get a gaydar =P. Why am I talking about it as if one were in production? lol

I just got a haircut earlier today, damn that gay barber knows how to cut it lol, and he tells such amusing stories, too. Too bad my camera's broken as the sky is blue, or I'd go take some pics at the beach, and maybe a candid shot of those speedo fanatics lol

Ah procrastination. I go back to school next Tuesday so I can hold on a bit longer!

Fused, I can understand why it would be awkward for the other guy. I'm 18 and have never had a boyfriend, nor do I really want one now that I'm off to University after the Summer holidays. I'm completely open about myself at school, it feels like it's been that way for an eternity, but in all honesty it hasn't been that long. I've just never found anybody compatible. I guess I did find somebody it would be mean everything to me. Perhaps he's had his eyes on this other guy. If I watched him fall for somebody else it would be pretty heartbreaking. Yea, life's life, get on with it, but emotions still exist. I guess you just need to make this friend feel like he's still a big part of your life, and the same with all your other friends. Maybe now that he knows you're going after somebody else he feels he could be doing the same, and perhaps regrets previous decisions.

-- Andy
    Well but this friend has told me that he's straight, and just likes me as a friend. So why he's acting jealous... it makes me think he lied so he wouldn't be thrown out on the spot.

As for my friends and this situation, I've decided to put this guy on hold. yes, he's great and all, but I've been asking myself "Is he worth the damage it would cause?" And I settled on no. I talked to my friends about my decision, and I told them that they are still important to me. They agreed, but they said that they were afraid that if I went with this guy, they would be important in a different way- one said "important backup plans." I don't want to make them my backup plans. They've been my friends for too long.

In other news, something random and somewhat off topic. Has anyone heard of ChristianU2ber?

That's all I have to say aboutt hat.

But it got my thinking, and researching, and I discovered, using basic English and having to learn some Hebrew, that the Bible doesn't actually call homosexuality a sin, like everyone thinks it does. I kind of want to make a debate thread about it (it would fail) but I guess I'm a bit apprehensive.

Just go for it fused,
    and I'm looking into that utuber as I type this =P. In the mean time, I like what this guy that goes by the name of PickThisCar said.

Fused, sounds like you have some good priorities set . As for the Christian things, I'll check them out later, sounds intriguing.

Ernie, good to know you got that haircut sorted alright in the end!

-- Andy

Hey everyone! How are things!

Nintandy, you're back! Haven't seen ya in a while!

So, over this vacation, bsides playing Platinum, I have learned to try and open up to people. To not be a shut-in all the time. Even though it was over the phone, I was still able to talk alot more. I'm more comfortable with talking to others now.

I've also been reading two books, Frankenstein and World War Z.

Mary Shelly's Frankenstein pretty much throws everything you've seen in the old, black-and-white Frankenstein movie out the window. The characters in the book have huge differences from their movie counterparts.

World War Z is pretty scary in the way it depicts mankind on the brink of extinction due to a global zombie epidemic. The characters have such fear in them as they retell their experiences. If ya get the chance, get this and read it. I'm sure you'll like it.

As for the ChristianU2ber.....I don't have much to say about it...just bleh...
    Last edited by Yonowarru; 16th April 2009 at 5:59 PM.

Page 737 of 1346 FirstFirst ... 637687727733734735736737738739740741747787837 ... LastLast