Page 737 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 637687727733734735736737738739740741747787837 ... LastLast
Results 18,401 to 18,425 of 33355

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

lol, if it isn't my old friend Nintandy, whom I've sent some really awkward PMs I'd rather forget about hahaha. I'm in Mexico, as it is expected, I got tired of the US of A, I absorbed enough of their culture to make me a freaky paisano(look it up). I've been around, but you haven't, why not? And what's with the strangers, I know you love their kindness, but I just love me a stranger's juicy...where was I now, oh yeah, Andy, take a look at my DA stuff will ya?

Here's a sneak peek:

lol, magic mushrooms, they jsut call 'em shrooms on the other side of the border, yet down here they go by their long name too.

Since it's semana santa, holy week or whatever, there are some seriously beautiful people parading around half naked in my town right now, how are you suposed to keep yourself away from temptation when you've got banana hammocks up on your face?

What's even stranger, mushrooms are less dangerous than legal stuff like weed and alcohol. They're called paddo's here btw. Heck, they can even grow in your back yard and you can get fined for it. Just because a mushroom decides to grow in your back yard.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Default Pride

Does anyone else here know that it is the 40th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots this year, the thing that basically started the gay rights movement? Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Also, seeing as the conversation is kind of stagnant, I'm gonna pose the following question seeing as summer is progressively approaching;

What, if anything, happens where you live for gay pride (pride parades, for example) and are you attending or taking part in anything?

In Belfast they have a parade every year in the city centre and also special nights in the clubs. I will hopefully be attending the parade if I can get the day off work, but will probably forgo the club scene that night in favour of an equally exciting house party.

What, if anything, happens where you live for gay pride (pride parades, for example) and are you attending or taking part in anything?

The few gay pride thigns that happen around here go on in Mexico city. It's about a three hour drive, or a four hour 30 dollar bus ride. I doubt I'm ever going to anything there since it's like seriously dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac The Vampire View Post
    Chicago has an annual Gay Pride Parade, right around where I live too.
    I'm contemplating staying so I can go to the parade before going home for the summer. We'll see.

There was also a major protest against Proposition 8 and etc. back in November. I didn't get to go because of prior commitments, but I got a glimpse of the mob as I traveled to our downtown campus.

Back home there isn't much going on as far as pride goes. The closest things going on on a larger scale are all an hour or more away.
    Oh, white suburbia... I do not miss thee.
    Last edited by Spookz; 11th April 2009 at 7:49 PM.

Never heard of such a local event, but hey, I'm hardly at the centre of social activity. Perhaps in London, but not where I am. To be honest I don't really think they're necessary, not here at least. I can understand in America with all the ridiculous extremists and ridiculous beliefs, but England seems to be far more accepting as a whole. Then again, it depends how radical such 'parades' are. I can accept them if they're sensible and are able to make people aware of the truth of homosexuality. I'm not so keen on the stereotypes and attention *****s though =/.

Ernie, in my absence you returned! When I was around you seemed to disappear, typical how these things swing. Don't worry about your PMs, good times . Your art as always is astounding, I'll take a peek and talk to you about it on MSN!

-- Andy
    A Jolly Mareep from the British Countryside
    Long term member of Willow's Tara's LGBT+ Alliance
    Anybody unsure of their sexuality and seek support or advice,
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking
    for some great genuine people to hang out with, pop in! Above all though:
    Prejudice is not tolerated.

not that I know of my town is FULL of s***kickers, republican, god-loving, arrogant a**holes. My dad's the same way anyway, so even if I wanted to go, he wouldn't let me >_>
    uhh, heheh, harley davidson

not that I know of my town is FULL of s***kickers, republican, god-loving, arrogant a**holes. My dad's the same way anyway, so even if I wanted to go, he wouldn't let me >_>
    uhh, heheh, harley davidson

Quote Originally Posted by Nintandy View Post

Ernie, in my absence you returned! When I was around you seemed to disappear, typical how these things swing. Don't worry about your PMs, good times . Your art as always is astounding, I'll take a peek and talk to you about it on MSN!

-- Andy
    Awesome, I'll see you there my friend.

I wish I were more flashy, not ALL that flashy, but enough that you could tell I'm gay =/ well, I guess that's just not me =P I'm just not gay parade material ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mexican_Smeargle View Post
    The few gay pride thigns that happen around here go on in Mexico city. It's about a three hour drive, or a four hour 30 dollar bus ride. I doubt I'm ever going to anything there since it's like seriously dangerous.
    Yeah it's a pity that it is so far away... why in particular is it dangerous? Are there usually riots or protests?

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Chicago has an annual Gay Pride Parade, right around where I live too.
    I'm contemplating staying so I can go to the parade before going home for the summer. We'll see.

There was also a major protest against Proposition 8 and etc. back in November. I didn't get to go because of prior commitments, but I got a glimpse of the mob as I traveled to our downtown campus.

Back home there isn't much going on as far as pride goes. The closest things going on on a larger scale are all an hour or more away.
    Oh, white suburbia... I do not miss thee.
    From what I've heard, the parade in Chicago is one of the better ones internationally!

I've read quite a lot about the progress of the Prop 8 story, unfortunately things aren't looking to good at the moment!

Never heard of such a local event, but hey, I'm hardly at the centre of social activity. Perhaps in London, but not where I am. To be honest I don't really think they're necessary, not here at least. I can understand in America with all the ridiculous extremists and ridiculous beliefs, but England seems to be far more accepting as a whole. Then again, it depends how radical such 'parades' are. I can accept them if they're sensible and are able to make people aware of the truth of homosexuality. I'm not so keen on the stereotypes and attention *****s though =/.
    There are gay pride parades all over the UK, at least in every major city; I'm hoping to try and fly over to watch the Manchester one this summer if I can. You should definitely check one out sometime, they are a little bit stereotypical and attention seeking, but then the parades main function is to remind gay people of their history and to remind the secular community that we are here and are visible, unlike in the 50s and 60s when homosexuality was still illegal and punishable by law in the UK.

I definitely think the parades are still necessary; one of Northern Ireland's leading politician's last year went on a famous radio show and said that she recommended gay men seek counselling to change their orientation and that homosexuality was an abomination, comparable to child molesting.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowswampert93 View Post
    That's a shame... out of curiosity, which US state do you live in?

I wish I were more flashy, not ALL that flashy, but enough that you could tell I'm gay =/ well, I guess that's just not me =P I'm just not gay parade material ya know.
    LOL I kind of know what you mean! Although I'm pretty outgoing and extroverted, I don't think I'm parade material either...

If There was a Gay Parade Would I Go?

Eh, I prefer not to. No offence, but somtimes these things can get a little to eh annoying. I go for Gay Rights and all, but somtimes I feel like they get carried away with it. Thats just me.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Hey guys, I need your opinion on my friend...

Ok well my best female friend has kissed me on the shoulder once when we were laying on the bed together (we weren't on the bed in a sexual way, and another friend was in the room with us). When she kissed me she did it in a way that the other friend couldn't see.
    Another time we were having a sleepover, and another friend was there sleeping on the ground (we were on the fold-out couch). We were up really late talking and giggling, and she was playing with my hand for ages then she lowered it to her mouth and she kissed it. I suppressed any reaction.
    She went still for a few seconds then said "Why did I do that?"
    Then she said "Oh right, I was pretending it was Emmet"

(Emmet Cullen, a character from "Twilight")

Then she immediately stopped playing with my hand.

Also, another time we were alone on the couch for a sleepover. She said to me, "Maybe we should kiss to break the tension".

I don't know whether she was joking or not. She whispered it.

When she said that I also wondered whether she was quoting a movie or something.

I don't know what to think lol....what do you think? Cause I would like it if she was a lesbian/bi... (I have a thing for her)
    Lesbian and proud. Yeah!
    Thanks Skiyomi for the banner!

OMG LOL! I just typed in my Rayquaza's stats into the IV calculator and he has all 31 except for special defense which is 14!

A gay parade? Nah, I don't mind what people do but like Nintandy said it's just a stereotypical thing where (from what i've seen) men in their 30s and 40s go around in tight leather with rainbow coloured whatnots and dance around, I'm all for being out and not hiding who you are but at least have standards, it's possibly things like this that discourage straight guys about what homosexuals are since they assume we are all like the majority of the people in the parade and i am anything but that, I'm not screaming but not is every other gay guy out there yet that is all the parade seems to attract, as Ricky Gervais put it "You have these 40 year olds in the parade dancing around in tight leather and it's the 16 year olds who've just come out who are going to get beaten up"
    ~Disclaimer: If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared to not only retract it, but also to deny under oath I ever said it. ~

Bella Swan, is she aware of your sexuality? If not, perhaps you should just be open about it and then see how she works with you? Unless of course there are particular restrictions. How old are you anyway?

If she does know, perhaps she is trying to see how you would react, or she does in fact have some feelings towards you. The reason I asked about age is because if you're still early teens, there's always the experimental phase. Young teen bi girls are quite commonplace around where I am!

As for parade flashiness, I'm very casual. I mean, I shop at River Island who are renowned for being flashy (and maybe up their own arse at times haha), but I wear a black jacket (casual zipped with hood, j'adore), jeans, maybe a colourful shirt.. but nothing extreme. I hardly stand out, nor do I really want to, but what I do wear could be considered 'fashionable'.

Maybe I should check one of these parades out someday. Still...

Quote Originally Posted by Briankelly130 View Post
    A gay parade? Nah, I don't mind what people do but like Nintandy said it's just a stereotypical thing where (from what i've seen) men in their 30s and 40s go around in tight leather with rainbow coloured whatnots and dance around, I'm all for being out and not hiding who you are but at least have standards, it's possibly things like this that discourage straight guys about what homosexuals are since they assume we are all like the majority of the people in the parade and i am anything but that, I'm not screaming but not is every other gay guy out there yet that is all the parade seems to attract, as Ricky Gervais put it "You have these 40 year olds in the parade dancing around in tight leather and it's the 16 year olds who've just come out who are going to get beaten up"
    This is exactly what I want to avoid. It makes me kinda nauseous =/ I like real men, and personality, not silly flamboyant fetish mad stereotypes parading around giving us a bad image. Okay, people can enjoy those things, but I certainly don't, and I am sure a lot of the general public would agree with me.

-- Andy
    Last edited by Nintandy; 12th April 2009 at 3:03 PM.
    or are willing to show their support, are welcome. Likewise, if you're just looking

Bella Swan, is she aware of your sexuality? If not, perhaps you should just be open about it and then see how she works with you? Unless of course there are particular restrictions. How old are you anyway?

If she does know, perhaps she is trying to see how you would react, or she does in fact have some feelings towards you. The reason I asked about age is because if you're still early teens, there's always the experimental phase. Young teen bi girls are quite commonplace around where I am!
    Yah I'm only 15, but I have felt like this toward girls as long as I remember. But since I hit puberty it's gotten stronger, and I haven't felt much for guys.
    She doesn't know about my sexuality (I'm only starting to accept myself now)
    Is 15 early teens? (Damn my naiive-ness!)
    I would probably ask her about it, except that she's on he other side of the world until 2010 ( :'( )
    I don't want to talk about this through email. Hmmm I'm trying to give the most subtle hints periodically, though.
    Lesbian and proud. Yeah!

OMG LOL! I just typed in my Rayquaza's stats into the IV calculator and he has all 31 except for special defense which is 14!

Hm 15 is mid teens I'd say! Still, if you're leaning more towards the same sex, then I can understand if you're secure about your sexuality . Being open at first is tough, but... you'll find that once you've told your friends, and you can actually just come out and say 'yes, I'm gay' to just about anybody, it's such a relief. You can go out to parties or town and not feel pressured. You can put forward your views without fear of 'suspicion'.

Don't feel pressured to just blurt it out though. We all do it in our own way.

-- Andy

Hm 15 is mid teens I'd say! Still, if you're leaning more towards the same sex, then I can understand if you're secure about your sexuality . Being open at first is tough, but... you'll find that once you've told your friends, and you can actually just come out and say 'yes, I'm gay' to just about anybody, it's such a relief. You can go out to parties or town and not feel pressured. You can put forward your views without fear of 'suspicion'.

Don't feel pressured to just blurt it out though. We all do it in our own way.

-- Andy
    Thanks for the advice =)
    I'll tell her one day...after I drop a few more hints!
    Lesbian and proud. Yeah!

No problem, just don't overdo it with the hints. It's difficult but hopefully you'll be able to find a way just to say it. Then things will seem so much clearer.

-- Andy

No problem, just don't overdo it with the hints. It's difficult but hopefully you'll be able to find a way just to say it. Then things will seem so much clearer.

-- Andy
    I agree with Nintandy here; don't rely on hints, for one she may not actually get what you are hinting towards and could put you on the spot, and she may also feel dropping hints is an immature way to approach things. I've been there... sometimes people can get annoyed.

Then again, she does seem to have been quite forward in giving strong hints herself... maybe wait a while and see if they continue, leave yourself open to anything that may happen etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Briankelly130 View Post
    That's perhaps a bit of an over-generalisation although I will agree with you that they can get very tacky and aren't for everyone. And while 40 year olds in leather and really camp topless guys etc. might not be your thing (and isn't mine either) this isn't the only crowds these parades attract. I have straight friends who are in their early 20s who attend the parade every year for the atmosphere alone. I also like the ideals of them - rallying for equality for homosexual people in countries where they do not have equal rights. They are also GREAT places to meet guys (or girls)... so I'd definitely encourage everyone to try and go along at least once to see what they are like for that reason alone, and if you don't like it you don't have to go back. But yes, I can imagine why they wouldn't be a lot of people's cup of tea; I used to think the concept was stupid and totally would never be my thing, even though I'd never been.

Also, just as a side note, don't make the mistake I did of dismissing drag queens, leather-men etc. - I have since learnt that they are the ones who actually started the gay rights movement back in stonewall, and to whom we owe the fact that homosexuality isn't illegal, isn't something you can lose your job for etc. in today's society.
    Last edited by Zodiac The Vampire; 12th April 2009 at 5:37 PM.

Hints are infuriating. I have a friend who's a closed book, and he'll drop infinite hints until you've asked so many questions you just have to give up in frustration. Either be honest or stop beating around the bush.

-- Andy

Hints are infuriating. I have a friend who's a closed book, and he'll drop infinite hints until you've asked so many questions you just have to give up in frustration. Either be honest or stop beating around the bush.

-- Andy
    Quoted for truth.

-- Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac The Vampire View Post
    I agree with Nintandy here; don't rely on hints, for one she may not actually get what you are hinting towards and could put you on the spot, and she may also feel dropping hints is an immature way to approach things. I've been there... sometimes people can get annoyed.

Then again, she does seem to have been quite forward in giving strong hints herself... maybe wait a while and see if they continue, leave yourself open to anything that may happen etc.

-- Andy
    Okay thanks guys! I'm rather clueless sometimes... =P
    Lesbian and proud. Yeah!

Blergh...too much to read, but this goes to ZTV, It's dangerous because it's Mexico City period. Wear a single piece of jewelery, even if it's plastic, as long as it glitters, someone'll rip it off of you within minutes while walking down the street, or sitting down for lunch even =P. There are little wannabe gangstas everywhere, street kids just LOOKING for someone to let down their guard and rob them, even the cops you should watch out for!

The only way I'd go is if I had a big strong boyfriend to protect me =P, either that or a bigass gun really XD

Gay Parade

That's perhaps a bit of an over-generalisation although I will agree with you that they can get very tacky and aren't for everyone. And while 40 year olds in leather and really camp topless guys etc. might not be your thing (and isn't mine either) this isn't the only crowds these parades attract. I have straight friends who are in their early 20s who attend the parade every year for the atmosphere alone. I also like the ideals of them - rallying for equality for homosexual people in countries where they do not have equal rights. They are also GREAT places to meet guys (or girls)... so I'd definitely encourage everyone to try and go along at least once to see what they are like for that reason alone, and if you don't like it you don't have to go back. But yes, I can imagine why they wouldn't be a lot of people's cup of tea; I used to think the concept was stupid and totally would never be my thing, even though I'd never been.
    Yeah, watching 40 year old men in leather on boats in Amsterdam isn't really my thing either, but I might go watch it one year. The music they play's usually good xD
    And I don't wanna meet girls either, my gf doesn't want that =P

I'm starting to wonder... I hear quite a lot of people here have problems with getting a relation. But who has a gf or bf? Or am I the only one? o.o

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Blergh...too much to read, but this goes to ZTV, It's dangerous because it's Mexico City period. Wear a single piece of jewelery, even if it's plastic, as long as it glitters, someone'll rip it off of you within minutes while walking down the street, or sitting down for lunch even =P. There are little wannabe gangstas everywhere, street kids just LOOKING for someone to let down their guard and rob them, even the cops you should watch out for!

The only way I'd go is if I had a big strong boyfriend to protect me =P, either that or a bigass gun really XD
    Big strong boyfriend hm?

Heh.. I'm from a British village surrounded by farms, fields and fenlands. I wouldn't last a minute unless someone taught me the ropes!

-- Andy

Page 737 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 637687727733734735736737738739740741747787837 ... LastLast