Page 849 of 1341 FirstFirst ... 749799839845846847848849850851852853859899949 ... LastLast
Results 21,201 to 21,225 of 33513

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

I for one, do not entertain the idea of a musical based on the works of greenday. I've never been big on their music, in my opinion, its the same old thing over again. At the same time however, I have the worst taste in music anyway so take this with a grain of salt.

One thing that bothers me is the whole idea of "american idiot" and how it was praised by mainstream media for being right and a positive protest. The Dixie Chicks did it years before and were practically banned from any form of american media. I get that these years created new problems for Bush and more negative approval rates but still. I'm typing my thoughts, I remember when that happened to them I felt so bad and I didnt even like them!

Bugwarrior, that's a complicated situation but you have to keep in mind he's a freshman, and they all have to make an impression one way or another. Maybe he just wants you to be a mentor to him and the whole idea of a relationship freaked him out. He got a girlfriend and in his 15 year old mind, that got rid of any problems. I can't judge on whether or not he likes you since I dont even know anythign other than you said, but just be low key right now. Take time to figure this kid out before you go any further, that's my advice really.

Watched the season 9 premiere of The Biggest Loser, I actually cried a few times. I avoided the last few seasons but this one seems to have pulled me in.

Scattered thoughts all around for my late post, later guyss

Every discussion here ends up at either bears or musical theatre. What is this, the gay club?!

Oh wait...

Lol Slash, remember the brief discussion of Glee? A lot of us are walking stereotypes yet other interests keep us from becoming those stereotypes. The only musicals I've seen are Phantom and Avenue Q, so I won't really contribute to this GreenDay musical chaos any further.

Pretty sure you are the PR person for bear relations however.

slash--Do you even need to ask? haha!

bugwarrior--That sounds complicated... But if you like him then the best thing to do is to bite the bullet and just ask him about his orientation. Or you can do what I did with one of my highschool crushes, and ask a friend to ask if he's gay/bi/whatever. If he didn't seem turned off by the idea that you like him, then maybe there's a slight chance that things may persist between you two. I hope it works out. Good luck! ^___^

Now, back to the brain eating. XD
    RAY

New topic!!!

What is your favorite musical?
    The Moulin Rouge! for me. I love RENT, but The Moulin Rouge! was just so deep

Quote Originally Posted by muumajii23 View Post
    @Spookz: Oh. My God. You have fun there... Sounds brutal. Two pieces of advice:
    A) Just keep powering through it. Don't procrastinate!
    B) Drink lots and lot of coffee.

Btw, that's cool that you're finally getting that tattoo. xD What are you getting?
    Lots of coffee and energy drinks go into my system, I'm sure my body hates me.
    I totally love the brutality in a masochistic sort of way.

Also, my tattoo goes back to my love of theatre. I've always wanted to somehow incorporate a c-wrench into my tat. (as the c-wrench is an electrician's best friend) but I never knew quite how until a fellow theatre friend half-jokingly suggested a skull with crossed wrenches instead of bones. So now my little posse of theatrical lighting nerds and I are all getting a skull with crossed wrenches.

Quote Originally Posted by thebluekid View Post
    And in this corner of people who may/may not care, American Idiot will finally be a Broadway play come April!
    There was a time in my life that all I wanted to do was light a Broadway musical.. but SRSLY?
    Times are a changin' and I hate the way broadway is going these days. This makes me weep tears of confusion and disgust for my industry. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Slash4life View Post
    BAH! *flails arms* How to choose?!

I think Chicago is my all-time favorite musical just because I love Kander and Ebb, and Ken Billington is one of the only people I would venture to call a role model. Songs for a New World would have to be second: I despise the Broadway cast recording but working that show made me decide to go into theatre in the first place. Honorable mentions go to Sweeney Todd, Cabaret, Rent (I effing bawled in Angel's death scene when I saw the show live), and The Producers.

Bah, I need to stop geeking out about shows and work on my own show.

I didn't go to the live performance of RENT, but on saturday I bought the DVD of it. At Office Max, no less. Strangely enough, it wasn't at WalMart

Oh Spookz! We're Chicago twins! I saw Chicago on broadway a few years ago..."When You're Good to Mama" was such a showstopper...!

BURMY BURMY BURMY BURMY.

Quote Originally Posted by Slash4life View Post
    I didn't go to the live performance of RENT, but on saturday I bought the DVD of it. At Office Max, no less. Strangely enough, it wasn't at WalMart
    Walmart's probably too concerned with family values to ever dare stock something like that.. I kind of hate Walmart.. :|

Quote Originally Posted by snare View Post
    Oh Spookz! We're Chicago twins! I saw Chicago on broadway a few years ago..."When You're Good to Mama" was such a showstopper...!
    Hollah!
    I saw it a number of years ago, but I really enjoyed it.. though I wish the set hadn't been so boring. But hey, you can only do so much when you need an orchestra on the stage. D:

Yeah, it was toted as a minimalist play. No fancy effects, save for maybe like, a strip of lights during Razzle Dazzle. :[

The movie was dynamite though!

BURMY BURMY BURMY BURMY.

What's your favorite musical?

Repo: The Genetic Opera, hands down.
    RAY

Thanks guys I'll keep all that in mind ^-^

HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!
    I actually really like Little Shop of Horrors, I don't see it often enough. I have never actually scene Wicked but I love the songs from it <3

2nd time writing cause the forums crashed WOO!

Scarecrow Stitches - You as well have gained a cool point! I love Repo.

Hm... Well, I could say Repo. Or Nightmare Before Christmas, Sweeney Todd, The Producers, any classic Disney movie, Across The Universe, Were The World Mine. And I can't forget Dr. Horrible... J-just one? *falls to the floor, twitches a bit*

But if I had to pick, it would probably be a tie between Across the Universe and Dr. Horrible.

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2wg8zgh.gif[/IMG]

The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club
    We're always welcoming active members! Click the banner and come check us out!

Wuzzat? Friend Safari? 3DS friends? If you wanna swap friend codes, PM me!
    My safari has Ivysaur!

Hmm... Fav musical... Not gonna lie, but I have never really seen a musical live. xD From movies and stuff, it's a tie between Hairspray and Sweeney Todd. xD I watched that movie like 50 times in grade nine... at least. xD And Sweeney Todd is just so dark and amazing, and Tim Burton is one of my idols. xD SO EXCITED FOR ALICE IN WONDERLAND NEXT YEAR!! =D

And in other news, I got my ear pierced today. =D It's just a simple hoop that I have to wear for the first couple of months, and then I'm gonna get something... better. xD And it hurt a lot less than I thought. And the fun part is is that I only told like three people I was getting it done, and one was the guy I'm in love with and I never see him, one I told just because, and the other was there when I got it done. xD I CAN'T WAIT FOR REACTIONS TOMORROW! xD They're gonna be priceless.

And one more thing. xD Ya, I just heard from my sister that, during a conversation with the first person that I told that I was gay, the person in question thinks that my homosexuality is phase and that I'll get over it. I was like "Thanks for the support, you *****." -_-' In all honesty, I've known for like a full year almost, And she thinks it's a phase? What the **** is that. I was really ****** when she told me that... (and on a random side-note, she is the cousin of the man I love. xD)

Wow, large post is large.
    STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS!
    Round 1: Vancouver Canucks - 1 Vs. Chicago Blackhawks - 1
    GO CANUCKS!

PASBL Stats

Oh, did I mention when I see you it stings like hell?
    Due to the fact that we could have something,
    that'll never happen...

Hey guys, sorry for not posting. Well 2010 hasn't been a good year so far. For instance my internet in my room stopped working properly after a storm and now it won't work, which sucks since my sis's works (Why? I enjoyed having the internet in my room, how is it my sister who had the internet in her room for like ten years still has it but I only got it for five months in my room)
    Claims Amber Benson as Bishie

United we stand but separated we fall
    As of April 18th, 2015, I met, hugged, took a selfie and a video with Amber Benson. This signature stands to the days where I wished for it, and that dream became reality.

WT - I know what you mean (kinda). My sister decided to break the keyboard, so now I am stuck using an onscreen keyboard on my sisters name.

Speaking of which, anyone know how to get the on-screen one onto the home page? I miss using my name and having access to my files on my computer.

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2wg8zgh.gif[/IMG]

The Avatar: The Last Airbender Club
    We're always welcoming active members! Click the banner and come check us out!

Wuzzat? Friend Safari? 3DS friends? If you wanna swap friend codes, PM me!
    My safari has Ivysaur!

@WT: That sucks. Gotta hate love how that works. xD except not really I've been waiting for wireless from my father ever since we got this house... And that was like 3 years ago. xD So now I'm stuck fighting my sister for the internet, which is brutal because she is one of those people who are always on Facebook or MSN. -_-' That's why I'm usually up 'til like 3 in the morning... 'Cause she finally gives up use of the internet.

@blue: Is that one of those new-fangled things on newer computers? Kids these days and their fancy technology... *shakes cane* But yeah, you might want to ask the Tech Help forum... They probably know more than us. xD

So ya, I have a loaded weekend for homework. My Culminating project for Law, worth 15&#37; of my final mark, is due monday, and I haven't started. I have to do work to redeem my terrible culminating mark for Anthro, I have to finish making a Platformer for Computer Programming, and also brainstorm ideas for my culminating and then make a proposal for a final game for computer programming... Ugh, and I have done none of it. -_-' I'm so terrible for procrastinating.
    STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS!
    GO CANUCKS!

PASBL Stats

that'll never happen...

Oh Muu, why'd you have to remind me of homework? D: I have so much to catch up on since I've been working at the theatre during all my spare time this past week. Won't have a chance to touch any of it until Tuesday.. which is no good since I have a lot that's due for Monday and Tuesday. Could be worse: I decided to only take 24 credit hours this quarter instead of 27 or whatever craziness I had planned for a while, but still...
    I'd my homework now, but I'm sleep deprived and I need to give my brain a rest- today I was at the theatre from 9AM until 11:30PM. I feel like my head is about to explode.

I cannot wait for this show to be over.. It's kicking my ***.
    Also, I feel like it's been forever since I've seen my girl, I'm lacking cuddles and I need to refill the tank.

Well, I have sort of writer's block on my bear fic. I'm thinking about incorporating a new guy as a love interest for my main character. Other than that, I'm pretty good. Tired though

I decided to put some red dye in the blonde part of my hair and it turned the blonde parts pink... It actually looks pretty cute though. I've never had tri-color hair before but I'm rockin' it. ^___^
    RAY

Oh cool Stitches! I love having coloured hair.... It's just fun. xD

Ugh, I'm such a terrible procrastinator... I had all weekend to do my homework, and I did none of it. And now, I'm going to be up all night doing it... I don't get why I don't change... I do this to myself every time. Probably usually because I always somehow pull through in the end and get the **** done, and then get a good mark on it... Ugh, I'm so stupid... Well, I have fourteen hours to get all of it done... I'll just be up all night, it's okay. I'll just be running on coffee all night and tomorrow... Damn, this is just plain unhealthy...

And then I think that the guy I like (we shall refer to him as X. xD) is ignoring me... He won't return my texts at all, and when he does, their usually just "yeah" or "cool". It's really starting to get to me. I haven't talked to him in like a week, and I'm afraid that I said something wrong or, incredibly worse case scenario, his *****y **** of an ex told X that I liked him (yeah, I was drunk when I told her, shut up)... Which would make no sense, but whatever, stranger things have happened...
    Tl;dr version: I'm worried that he knows that I like him.

Which would be terrible. I know for a ****ing fact that the man is straight, and that will never change in a million years (he keeps telling me where him and his ex did it just to piss me off, 'cause he'll usually tell me when I am sitting there... Yeah, it's great fun. -_-'). All possible reasons that he could be gay are easily dismiss-able; mainly my wishful thinking. I have known him for... yeah, I think about five years now, and the entire relationship that we have now would completely go down the shitter. I don't think he would break all ties or freak out if he knew, but it would just be awkward, and the relationship would die. And I think I would really be worked up over that. He is one of the most important people in my life, and I would never forgive myself if something like this would ruin it.

But there is also this part of me that wants to just tell him and get it over with, just so he can reject me and I can get on with my life. 'Cause I don't think I can really get anywhere unless I do just get this whole thing out of the way and just push through.

FAAAACCCKK. I just wasted like 15 minutes on that. *headdesk*
    STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS!
    GO CANUCKS!

PASBL Stats

that'll never happen...

Quote Originally Posted by muumajii23 View Post
    FAAAACCCKK. I just wasted like 15 minutes on that. *headdesk*
    I know how that goes, I always seem to come here to ramble when I have work to do (like right now: I should be reading the past week's worth of homework for several of my classes, clearly I take my homework seriously). xD

But I figured I'd swing by and suggest something to discuss before I fall off the face of the internets to go read for class.

Tomorrow (today? It's nearly 1AM) the US Federal Courts begin reviewing the case of "Perry v. Schwarzenegger". For those of you who may be unaware, this is basically a challenge against Proposition 8 which reads that only a marriage between a male and female is recognized in California. This is the first time in history that the Federal Court will have debated same sex marriage- quite the event.
    So! Thoughts on this? How do you think the case will be ruled? Is it too soon to bring up same-sex marriage in the Federal Courts or perhaps it's been too long?

You children and your homework! Tsk tsk...

You know, I kinda miss having homework. Now that I've been out of school I find myself to be very bored and wanting to go back. I will probably go back to college in the Fall, but I'm having a bit of a problem deciding what I want to go back for and where to go... I'll most likely end up at The Art Institute Of Seattle or settle back at Evergreen.

In the mean time... I need a job! Being bored at home all day is so depressing, and not having an income sucks pretty bad too. The doctor said to take it easy and rest up, but there's so much I want to be doing. I miss something consistent to do everyday. I feel like I'm stuck in a time warp or something... All this depression and insomnia reminds me of my teens. Oh well, at least I have a pretty hair. <3

I miss my boy. And I feel like going on an adventure, but it's 1:15 a.m. and all my friends are sleeping. Bah.
    RAY

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Tomorrow (today? It's nearly 1AM) the US Federal Courts begin reviewing the case of "Perry v. Schwarzenegger". For those of you who may be unaware, this is basically a challenge against Proposition 8 which reads that only a marriage between a male and female is recognized in California. This is the first time in history that the Federal Court will have debated same sex marriage- quite the event.
    So! Thoughts on this? How do you think the case will be ruled? Is it too soon to bring up same-sex marriage in the Federal Courts or perhaps it's been too long?
    I've been following the best I can, but my dad hates the whole thing. "Sanctity of marriage" and all. Strange words from a divorcee who then remarried another divorcee

You're right Slash, it is kind of ironic but I guess you can't persuade or change the beliefs of our elders easily.

Back at school, today was the first day of classes again. Monday is one of my 6 hour days so it's a little busy, but tomorrows practically a day off. I'm nervous to be back, I didn;t do as well as I want and my parents are pressuring me to do better, not agressively, but by encouraging me to meet with counsellors, last time I check a 76 average isn't horrible for first year university student.

In a few weeks I will join the bandwagon and stress about homework like the rest of you. Good luck with everything, school can be so tiring. Muumajii, you summed up my highschool career minus the alnighters. I always got things in and no matter how late I left it to, I always managed to get by with flying colours.

I feel like another stereotype I love the comedy styles of Ellen, Wanda Sykes, Wendy Williams and Kathy Griffin...oh well XD

Page 849 of 1341 FirstFirst ... 749799839845846847848849850851852853859899949 ... LastLast