Page 954 of 1338 FirstFirst ... 85490494495095195295395495595695795896410041054 ... LastLast
Results 23,826 to 23,850 of 33442

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Quote Originally Posted by ice_wolf-146 View Post
    I think you should do what ever you feel is right if you need to talk feel free to talk to me
    I think that I'm going to try and hint about it to them and see their feeling before i fully tell them.
    White FC: 0475-7560-1419 (Parker)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqtus View Post
    Hey everyone, im 16 and also gay, but havent came out to my parents yet. Im looking for help, because i know that my dad won't accept it and not sure about my mom's opinion because she has gay friends and talks about them all the time. Should i only tell her and just hide it from my dad until I'm out of the house? Or should i do it with both of them around and just hope for the best?
    Your parents will find out eventully. Parents have a 6th sence for this kind of thing.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Hey everyone, im 16 and also gay, but havent came out to my parents yet. Im looking for help, because i know that my dad won't accept it and not sure about my mom's opinion because she has gay friends and talks about them all the time. Should i only tell her and just hide it from my dad until I'm out of the house? Or should i do it with both of them around and just hope for the best?
    If you feel better telling your mom because you feel like she would take it better or understand you more then I say talk to your mother first. Sometimes she could even help your Dad understand and could be a source of support for when or if you ever do decide to tell him.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    If you feel better telling your mom because you feel like she would take it better or understand you more then I say talk to your mother first. Sometimes she could even help your Dad understand and could be a source of support for when or if you ever do decide to tell him.

Yah, I told her last night and she took it pretty well, we decided to not tell my dad though since hes pretty stressed from work and figured it'd be best not to.

Yah, I told her last night and she took it pretty well, we decided to not tell my dad though since hes pretty stressed from work and figured it'd be best not to.
    Congratulations on your half-coming out. (: Well, at least someone in your family knows now, so it won't be as hard telling your dad since two people can explain. How did you go about telling her, if you don't mind me asking?

Well i brought it up at dinner because we were eating at home and my dad had to work late, so i took advantage of it. I talked to her about random stuff and when I brought up the subject, she asked me if i wanted to tell her anything. I told her that i was pretty sure i'm gay and she said that she was OK with it no matter what my orientation was. That's pretty much it, we talked about it a little since then, but not much.

I am glad for you shaqtus, good for you

TL- You are probably gone by now but that's horrible just because they found out you were gay, it's not like taking your things will change anything, try sneaking onto a library computer?

DH- That sucks, well aleast you can spend time with him in Christmas? (Wait did I get that right?), I have had many people cancel on me, it does get annoying.

IW- Guess all you can do is just ignore him really. I would love it if a girl hit on me though lol, but I guess that would depend.

Shaq- Although your father will most likely find out if you tell your mother she might able to convince him that it's not bad. I wish you good luck on that

Oh lol glad your mother accepted it.
    Claims Amber Benson as Bishie

United we stand but separated we fall
    As of April 18th, 2015, I met, hugged, took a selfie and a video with Amber Benson. This signature stands to the days where I wished for it, and that dream became reality.

Thanks... Still don't feel right about only tellling my mom, and keeping a secret this big from him. But I dont want to risk telling him and having him not like me anymore, should I just wait it out or what?

Thanks... Still don't feel right about only tellling my mom, and keeping a secret this big from him. But I dont want to risk telling him and having him not like me anymore, should I just wait it out or what?
    Sometimes parents feel differently about them once they find out their own child is gay. Sometimes the love a parent has is stronger then the hate they have. That's sometimes though.

If you are really worried about him not loving you or if its bothering you why not discuss it with your Mom and see what she has to say about telling your father. She could even talk to him for you. Your mother won't let anything happen to you as long as she's there. Trust me and mothers love for her song is huge.

I have a question to anyone that came out. Did your family start treating you differently once you came out? That was my biggest problem. I didn't want anyone to treat me different especially my parents. I was the same person. Just a gay person.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder-lion View Post
    well my sister found out I am gay and talking to guys online and told my mom and dad all about it so I am lossing my lap top, car and cell phone so I guess this is good bye for now

I wish you all good luck in your relationships
    What?

1) You're sister, I'm sorry, sounds like a *****. What a little tattle-tale.
    2) You're parents sound like controlling, obsessive, nutjobs. What is taking your computer, phone or car going to change? besides the fact that they have destroyed your social life?

Why do you think your dad won't accept you?

I've noticed that people who put off coming out usually exaggerate within their minds how bad things will be.

And remember, its easier for family members to be anti-gay when they don't know that they have gay family. If and when you tell him, just make sure he knows that you're still the same person, the only thing that has changed is what he knows about you.

I agree with Takaru about talking to your Mom about all of this. She's known your father a lot longer than you have and she knows things about him that you might not know, so she can probably give a pretty good opinion. Just ask her why he might be anti-gay, if you should tell him, ask her the best way to tell him, or even if she'll help you tell him.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    I have a question to anyone that came out. Did your family start treating you differently once you came out? That was my biggest problem. I didn't want anyone to treat me different especially my parents. I was the same person. Just a gay person.
    Different treatment? Maybe just some pronouns, but I can't say it was anything out of the ordinary. Then again, my family is a little crazy to begin with.

Hey everyone! Feels like it's been years since I've been here... Anyway, Shaqtus, congrats. That's a biiiig step and you're very lucky to have a mother who'd react the way she did. I'm a little jealous. But yeah, congrats, and good luck with your father whenever the time comes.
    My shiny pogeymanz. Let me show you them.

Found a shiny Beldum on a chain of 5. Battled, put it to sleep, chucked ball after ball...and watched it kill itself with struggle. FFFFF.

It seems everybody is discussing coming out to your parents/family right now. I was thinking about it the other day, and I think I will wait a little while... you see if I don't tell my family I can still have sleep-overs with guys without anybody getting worried ;3

I've got a date on Tuesday :-/

I don't really do well with fella's...I'm always afraid I say the wrong thing or do the wrong thing...or afraid that I'm not letting them get close...ahh
    Catching and trading Hidden Ability Pokemon.

Pokemon X - FC: 1075-0711-3047

Quote Originally Posted by irishdax View Post

I don't really do well with fella's...I'm always afraid I say the wrong thing or do the wrong thing...or afraid that I'm not letting them get close...ahh
    I'm sure you'll be fine, fellow Irishman. (:

Quote Originally Posted by irishdax View Post

I think everything will be fine just relax and be your self I wish you the best of luck

also I want you guys to know I am now 100% over Joshua and I am going to put myself back on the dating market

Meh...

Growing up I always had a cousin named Suzanne who was a lesbian. She was the closest thing I had to a sister when I was younger, and she was an amazing role model about how far people in the GLBT community can persevere over hatred and do well for themselves. She was incredibly sweet.

I found out today she passed away from brain cancer at the age of 32. :S Aside from the obvious grieving going on, I also remain as the only gay person left in a family of conservative christians. Somewhat of a double-whammy, I suppose.

Not here to bring up drama, though. I have good news, too. ^^;; After speaking with my boyfriend, I've realized what I want to do - in one year, I think I may move away to Finland. I can't afford college, but once I become a citizen university is free. I've also always wanted to get away from America and learn what it's like in other cultures and areas, especially places in Europe. I need to save up for the flight over and also learn Finnish, but my boyfriend is helping me with that. He said I'm more than welcome to live with him until I get on my feet there, so I have to admit I'm incredibly excited. I've always wanted to go to Europe, so this opportunity is amazing. :3 Don't know if I'll be able to go through with it right away, but oh well... It's a good plan, at least. Lol.
    ~Facebook~ | ~Tumblr~ | ~Twitter~
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/54xhxk.jpg[/IMG]
    (Credit for the banner goes to myself. Click it to see my fan fic; comments & reviews appreciated!)

wtf, some kid I know just posted a screen capture of a message I sent him saying I'm gay to troll on me, I reported him... but that is just so immature and mean. I hope he gets banned ):<

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    I'm sure you'll be fine, fellow Irishman. (:
    Quote Originally Posted by ice_wolf-146 View Post
    I think everything will be fine just relax and be your self I wish you the best of luck
    Thanks you guys. I think they date might be ok as i've met him a few times already as friends...it's more the 'what happens after the date' that I'm more worried about...
    Catching and trading Hidden Ability Pokemon.

Pokemon X - FC: 1075-0711-3047

@ DH I am so sorry to here that your cousin died if you need to talk I am here for you

Quote Originally Posted by BLABO View Post
    wtf, some kid I know just posted a screen capture of a message I sent him saying I'm gay to troll on me, I reported him... but that is just so immature and mean. I hope he gets banned ):<
    BLABO, some people are just jerks. With luck, he'll get a hefty amount of infractions for harassment.

@irishdax - Well, there's no knowing until you try. (; Good luck with the date. I have a feeling everything will go wonderfully for you!

@ice wolf- thank you very much. ^^ I'm lucky to have a strong family, where we're each getting each other through it. That's sweet of you to offer.
    ~Facebook~ | ~Tumblr~ | ~Twitter~
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/54xhxk.jpg[/IMG]
    (Credit for the banner goes to myself. Click it to see my fan fic; comments & reviews appreciated!)

@Dawn Hero, sorry to hear about your cousin. But Finland sounds fun! There seems to be a lot of positives for you if you go. Hope it works out.

I'd like to join. I was heavily involved in the shiny lovers clubs a few years back. Some of my friends from there are here.

Yesterday, without intending to do so, I posted a cruel remark about one of those people. I thought he'd acted as if he'd had a crush on me in the past, and I said so. But I had no idea at the time that he had come out as gay.

So now I feel terrible. I'd take back the comment if I could, but words once released are free forever.

So I'd like to join here, to support and be supported. My two best friends are agay couple who have been together for over 17 years, and they are better to me than any family could ever be.

I'm ashamed for embarrassing a former friend and losing that friend forever. I hope he reads this and reopens communications, but I doubt he will.

So help me, please, so that I can stop myself from hurting anyone else like that again.

May I join?
        Spoiler:- my most recent 3rd generation shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilverMstr411 View Post
    Your parents will find out eventully. Parents have a 6th sence for this kind of thing.
    Haha, I'm pretty sure my mom knew waay before I did. xD
    Then again, I recently found out that apparently not everyone's parents are as intuitive as mine. And there still might be a chance that my dad doesn't know (although I'd be shocked if he hasn't started to suspect it by now...).

Apparently, my mom recently told my cousin that I'm lesbian.. I kind of don't like that she just told her without asking me if it was okay first. I don't care that my cousin knows, but... I guess I kind of just wanted to be the one to tell her myself if it ever came up. My cousin still isn't fully convinced that I am, which is something I always fear when I'm coming out to people. -.-

@DarkDragon: I'm not very active on this thread, so I don't know if a random person like me is able to officially approve your membership (lol, I'm not even sure if I'm officially a member... xD), but I'm sure that you're definitely welcome here. ^__^
    3DS FC:1848 2955 3635 IGN: Cannibal

Free Pokemon for you! =D
    No longer taking RNG requests at the moment; too busy squeeing over X and Y. x)

I can breed in English and German in Kalos. ;o

2/23/2014: National Pokedex completed! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn_Hero View Post
    Meh...

Growing up I always had a cousin named Suzanne who was a lesbian. She was the closest thing I had to a sister when I was younger, and she was an amazing role model about how far people in the GLBT community can persevere over hatred and do well for themselves. She was incredibly sweet.

I found out today she passed away from brain cancer at the age of 32. :S Aside from the obvious grieving going on, I also remain as the only gay person left in a family of conservative christians. Somewhat of a double-whammy, I suppose.

Not here to bring up drama, though. I have good news, too. ^^;; After speaking with my boyfriend, I've realized what I want to do - in one year, I think I may move away to Finland. I can't afford college, but once I become a citizen university is free. I've also always wanted to get away from America and learn what it's like in other cultures and areas, especially places in Europe. I need to save up for the flight over and also learn Finnish, but my boyfriend is helping me with that. He said I'm more than welcome to live with him until I get on my feet there, so I have to admit I'm incredibly excited. I've always wanted to go to Europe, so this opportunity is amazing. :3 Don't know if I'll be able to go through with it right away, but oh well... It's a good plan, at least. Lol.
    DH, I hop you have an amazing time in Finland when you go! I, too, long to travel outside of the US and experience life in other areas. After seeing many of the horrors of our society, I hope to find something better out there.

I've heard eastern and northeastern European languages are difficult to learn, so I wish you luck in your studies! You're very lucky. I've always wanted to learn Japanese or Malagasy :P

It sounds like you have a solid plan that should get you through your studies. I hope you find what you're looking for in Finland!

~Manafi's Dream
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Page 954 of 1338 FirstFirst ... 85490494495095195295395495595695795896410041054 ... LastLast