Page 956 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 85690694695295395495595695795895996096610061056 ... LastLast
Results 23,876 to 23,900 of 33358

Thread: The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    It in itself isn't the hard part, it's the image that we get that's difficult. If people would learn to be more accepting then the world would be a much better place.
    That's what I meant. I worded it badly :S

Quote Originally Posted by almighty umbreon View Post
    No, no, no. I know that for myself it is not, has never been, and will never be a choice. I tried to date girls but I never felt any real attraction to them. I knew from the time I hit puberty when I was about 12 that I liked boys, and here I am 10 years later living pretty happily with the most wonderful guy in the world. Never once in those 10 years have I been attracted to a single woman.
    Exactly. I've seen some people who argue that it's a choice say that they like the opposite sex, and then decided to be straight, which isn't choosing at all.

Anyway, I have a 'crush' on a guy in school, and I want to hint it to him, or try and find out if he's gay or not (without straight up asking him >.>). Any tips? He's never really shown many signs of being gay, but he hasn't shown any signs of being straight either, unlike most guys our age :S

@saphire sceptile: I think you should just tell him, maybe like while over at his house or something, because you might be surprised :3

Quote Originally Posted by BLABO View Post
    @Icewolf... I think that I am not gay by choice, but I don't want to be straight ^_^
    Isn't there scientific proof that it's genetic?
    There is some evidence that suggests in a family with multiple males children (2+), the chances that the younger children are gay are even higher. It's on Youtube, something about what is gay or gayness in science

Edit: Just found it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKqKsXdokCM
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    There is some evidence that suggests in a family with multiple males children (2+), the chances that the younger children are gay are even higher. It's on Youtube, something about what is gay or gayness in science

I heard of that before. I think it only apply to gay males, but I can't be sure.

I have two older brothers, so it does have some basis.

It has no basis for me though, since I'm the oldest. haha I think it is a choice for me because I haven't done anything yet to change my reputation into either gay or straight. It's a toss-up
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

*COMPLETE*

Nice video

That theory doesn't apply to me, since I'm the eldest in my family. I've just got one younger brother. That's a very interesting video, however much it slaughters Christian's beliefs - it just shows how wrong they are.

Welcome, new members. Hello, SS! (:

Awesome video!

But that's a nice christian, they can/are alot ruder.

I was raised in an extremely christian family....and I had a rough coming out.

I was raised in a Catholic family, but my mam is the main homophobe. She's coming around a bit though, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    Hello, SS! (:
    Why hello there.

I really have no idea how my parents feel about homosexuality. I would guess that my mam's all right with it, as she has a friend who's brother's gay. She also talked about a gay couple who adopted a bit. I think my dad, however, isn't such a free-thinker. I don't believe that he's completely against it, but just isn't completely for it. :/

I really have no idea how my parents feel about homosexuality. I would guess that my mam's all right with it, as she has a friend who's brother's gay. She also talked about a gay couple who adopted a bit. I think my dad, however, isn't such a free-thinker. I don't believe that he's completely against it, but just isn't completely for it. :/
    My dad is kind of like that as well, he doesn't seem to care, really. He notices my gay-oriented books and says, "What's with all the... gay oriented books? Are you trying to tell me something?" I just reply with, "There's nothing wrong with it!" and he just agrees.

Now my mom, no no no man, SHE is a different story.
    To put it short: If she finds out her only daughter likes girls she believes that her child has a one-way-ticket to hell and no longer cares about her excistance upon request (because she was annoying me and my dad).
    Oh, I'm not really here anymore.
    Sorry.

That theory doesn't apply to me, since I'm the eldest in my family. I've just got one younger brother. That's a very interesting video, however much it slaughters Christian's beliefs - it just shows how wrong they are.

Welcome, new members. Hello, SS! (:
    I wasn't showing it to be anti-Christian, I just thought it was highly amusing and decided to share it. I'm Christian, and I tend to interpret science in a way that makes sense with the Bible.

But this is the wrong thread to discuss that in. I'll save it for another time :P
    -Naminé

*COMPLETE*

Quote Originally Posted by Ryubane View Post
    How does my 14-year-old sister get to go on a double date this Friday, yet I'm not allowed to be within touching distance of anybody?

Anybody as in regardless of gender. My mother simply refuses to allow me to have any social contact. I need my friends around me and my mom flips her lid every time I mention leaving the house to go visit someone for a couple of hours. Yet my sister (age 14, this is important) gets to go wherever the hell she pleases with whoever the hell she wants, whenever the hell she wants. This simply does not make sense, even considering that neither of my parents know I'm gay and that my sister is straight as an arrow. This has nothing to do with orientation, this is just pure ignorance as far as I'm concerned. fmll
    Sorry about that, favoritism really does hurt especially when you don't know why it's present.
    The best thing to do would be to talk in a civilised matter to your parents. Don't be afraid to ask questions, but also don't anger them.

Hey, here is a perplexing question for you, I'm curious to know what others would say...

Let's say you're in the opposite gender, females are males and males are females. Is your sexual orientation the same, even if you were different genders? (Example: A girl is a lesbian. So in this she would be male. Would he still point to girls [and be straight] or, instead, point to boys [and be gay]?)

For some reason, if I ever think about it, if I were to be a male... I'd want to be with another male.
    Sorry.

How does my 14-year-old sister get to go on a double date this Friday, yet I'm not allowed to be within touching distance of anybody?

Anybody as in regardless of gender. My mother simply refuses to allow me to have any social contact. I need my friends around me and my mom flips her lid every time I mention leaving the house to go visit someone for a couple of hours. Yet my sister (age 14, this is important) gets to go wherever the hell she pleases with whoever the hell she wants, whenever the hell she wants. This simply does not make sense, even considering that neither of my parents know I'm gay and that my sister is straight as an arrow. This has nothing to do with orientation, this is just pure ignorance as far as I'm concerned. fmll
    That's awful. Try talking to your parents, but do it calmly. Just find out why they won't let you.

Quote Originally Posted by fuyu-seetaa View Post
    Hey, here is a perplexing question for you, I'm curious to know what others would say...

Let's say you're in the opposite gender, females are males and males are females. Is your sexual orientation the same, even if you were different genders? (Example: A girl is a lesbian. So in this she would be male. Would he still point to girls [and be straight] or, instead, point to boys [and be gay]?)

For some reason, if I ever think about it, if I were to be a male... I'd want to be with another male.
    That's an interesting question. I'm honestly not sure. If I was a girl with the same mindset as I have now, I'd probably still be attracted to men. But I really don't know. It depends in what sense. If I was changed to a girl, I could be just me...except a girl, like a gay girl. Or I could be the same, just with a slightly different view point, and have the same sexual attractions.

this is very interesting (and kind of funny) and I am the oldest one in my family, I have a younger sister, so that theory does not apply to me. I think the reason I'm gay might be because when I was young (like 3-7 years old) my dad was never around, and I was always with my mother and aunt and grandmother and did girly things and all my friends were girls. When I was like 5 I remember all my friends were girls, I played with dolls, my favorite color was pink, I played dress up (I dressed as a princess) with my girl friends, and well my parents tried to change me, and their efforts kind of worked, but... not really >:3

Oh hunny... I'm sorry
    I will talk to you about this...

well I came out on facebook and people are happy for me but my dad yelled at me for it and told me I half to take it down cuz he said no one will hire me now and I can't get excepted into a college. also he said cuz I am bi no one will want to date me but I don't care what he thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by ice_wolf-146 View Post
    well I came out on facebook and people are happy for me but my dad yelled at me for it and told me I half to take it down cuz he said no one will hire me now and I can't get excepted into a college. also he said cuz I am bi no one will want to date me but I don't care what he thinks.
    Good for you, doesn't matter what he says. Prove him wrong!

If I was a chick... I think I would still like guys.

Hmm, that is tricky. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that if I were a girl I would be bisexual. But that's a tough question to pin down, so I'm just going sheerly off of what I think would best suit me.

If I were female, I think I'd still be attracted to guys. I don't think my attraction would change. Not that I'd ever want to be female. :P
    Ridiculous. There's definitely nothing stopping you getting into college, and certainly nothing harming your chances of getting a job (homophobia in the workplace is outlawed, right?). You've got the possibility of dating everyone, as you're bi. I really don't see his points.

If I was a female... probably still guys. Maybe I'm biased since I've lived so long as an openly gay man, but there's just something charming about men.

Not that I would ever become a woman. I like being a guy too much, even if I am gay.

That's why i don't have Facebook. It just gets you into trouble.

Anyways, I hope you told your dad to stuff it. That makes absolutely no sense. No company nowadays (except maybe Walmart) cares if you're gay or not - if they need a worker, they'll hire you. Colleges... are like the capitals for gay experiences, so why any public college would turn you down for being gay is completely unimaginable.

Uh... shouldn't your parents be more concerned about your 14 yo sister going out, getting drunk, using drugs, or God forbid, getting pregnant or catching something nasty. I hope they learn a lesson, but not at your sister's expense, because she's the one who will ultimately be hurt from not having any boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    Uh... shouldn't your parents be more concerned about your 14 yo sister going out, getting drunk, using drugs, or God forbid, getting pregnant or catching something nasty. I hope they learn a lesson, but not at your sister's expense, because she's the one who will ultimately be hurt from not having any boundaries.
    My point exactly. :/ Where is the logic in this? I'm usually respectful of my parents ideas, but I have to draw the line here. I'm almost 18, and I have to leave sometime. If they confine me to the house all the time, it's just going to be that much harder on them when the time comes. I don't understand this at all.

And to those who have suggested I try talking to them, I'm sorry to say that I'd rather not. It may or may not make the situation better, but it seems that whenever the subject of dating, relationships, going out, etc., gets breached, my mom turns extremely confrontational and literally interrogates me about being "a f*ggot" (yes, she has called me that before, and I don't ever recall her actually using the word "gay" or "homosexual"). They (and the rest of my family by proxy) are among the most homophobic people I know, and I just don't know how I can talk about relationships, dating, gloing out, etc. without them immediately jumping to the inevitable "f*ggot" conclusion.

I'm glad some people contributed to answer my question. ^^

I still find it odd, though... In this case would your sexuality still be a choice (like a man, even as a woman, still liking men)? Or is it just a matter of the gender you are attracted to? My own question confuses me, admittedly. If I were a guy, I might be... bi... but lean more towards males. I don't know why, isn't it odd? That's kind of how I am now, only backwards (female, leaning toward females).
    Sorry.

My point exactly. :/ Where is the logic in this? I'm usually respectful of my parents ideas, but I have to draw the line here. I'm almost 18, and I have to leave sometime. If they confine me to the house all the time, it's just going to be that much harder on them when the time comes. I don't understand this at all.

And to those who have suggested I try talking to them, I'm sorry to say that I'd rather not. It may or may not make the situation better, but it seems that whenever the subject of dating, relationships, going out, etc., gets breached, my mom turns extremely confrontational and literally interrogates me about being "a f*ggot" (yes, she has called me that before, and I don't ever recall her actually using the word "gay" or "homosexual"). They (and the rest of my family by proxy) are among the most homophobic people I know, and I just don't know how I can talk about relationships, dating, gloing out, etc. without them immediately jumping to the inevitable "f*ggot" conclusion.
    They really need to setup some guidelines in order for people to have kids. I'm sorry your family is a band of (excuse me) idiots. Hopefully, they'll come around.

I'm glad some people contributed to answer my question. ^^

I still find it odd, though... In this case would your sexuality still be a choice (like a man, even as a woman, still liking men)? Or is it just a matter of the gender you are attracted to? My own question confuses me, admittedly. If I were a guy, I might be... bi... but lean more towards males. I don't know why, isn't it odd? That's kind of how I am now, only backwards (female, leaning toward females).
    I don't think it would be a choice either way. Sexuality has a lot to do with your personality and emotional needs and wants as well as your physical ones rather than your biological sex - transsexuals (those who have actually changed their sex) could tell you. Like I said, I'd still probably be attracted to men.

Page 956 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 85690694695295395495595695795895996096610061056 ... LastLast