Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random Matchup Metagame

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Every time I go on there, I find Sandstorm, sandstorm, and more sandstorm. Next time I go on there, I'm going to use Sun.
    i use sudowoodo as my sand storm counter on there

adamant
    252 atk/252 def/4 hp
    ability: sturdy
    sucker punch
    earthquake
    hammer arm
    stone edge

it can take out excadrill and tar tar super easily, and many, many other random pokes all thanks to sturdy and sucker punch(and bright powder sometimes )

I'll admit that I mostly play doubles, but anything that can cripple your opponent's poke/s is golden. T-wave, WoW, encore, anything like that is great.

Also, pro tip, if you opponent has a garchomp on their team, there is a roughly 150% chance that they're gonna use it. It's almost mandatory.
    White FC- 4341-2719-9551 Sage
    If anybody is interested in wifi battles(pokemon or brawl), hit me up with a VM/PM.

Check out my youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SigmaSage
    -What's New?-
    Yellow Nuzlocke Challenge + Random Matchup Videos.
    <--- Effects of held item "Old Spice Body Wash" Smell like a mon, mon

I played doubles once, with my Gigalith, a lv. 35 Musharna, my Sawsbuck, and my Samurott. They used Cresselia, Metagross, Gyarados, and Zapdos. I lost 4-0. Cresselia used Safeguard, Metagross used EQ. Cresselia used Swagger, it missed. Metagross EQed, Cress had Levitate. Cresselia used Swagger on Metagross, it hit, Atk sharply rose, Safeguard blocked Confusion. Cresselia kept using Swagger on Meta until Safeguard ran out, then he started using Meteor Mash.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by K1LL3RxP0P7aRt View Post
    lol idk ive had the same situation happen to me a couple times like just 10 minutes ago somesones jellicent without tailwind, or any speed stat changers or quick claw out sped my Jolly Archeops with max speed Ev's. it keeps most hacks out but not all of them
    As far as I know, it rejects illegal move sets (such as Porygon-Z with Nasty Plot that isn't Poketransferred), and pokemon with over 510 EVs.

The Jellicent could have been holding a Choice Scarf.

No, I'm not giving anyone credit for my team pose because I made it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    As far as I know, it rejects illegal move sets (such as Porygon-Z with Nasty Plot that isn't Poketransferred), and pokemon with over 510 EVs.

The Jellicent could have been holding a Choice Scarf.
    Porygon-Z gets NP in BW, just catch a Porygon in White Forest, evolve it, teach it Nasty Plot.

Also, currently, I've been unable to find an opponent for so long..

i like random match ups because i can used lots of stuff that i can't use on here.

3DS FC: 0130-1892-7047
    I'm Peng \( ゚◡゚)/

I don't like random match-ups, people always ragequit when they are about to lose and don't let me get the win
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2hgad5k.jpg[/IMG]

Once my wifi team is done, i'm goning to name all my pokemon,"failsquit" to guilt the opponent into losing if i beat them instead of ragequitting.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    Once my wifi team is done, i'm goning to name all my pokemon,"failsquit" to guilt the opponent into losing if i beat them instead of ragequitting.
    I don't think they get to see the names of your pokes, and even if they did it would just look like so much gibberish to them, considering most are japanese or some other nationality. I did have someone from the UK ragequit 1 of my slowbro sweeps, so if they do get to see it, maybe it will work...
    I am a child of GOD and proud of it.

I have only one setting, and thats MAXIMUM PWNAGE!

Platinum:1592-1825-2936
    HG: 3052-9634-0910
    Black: 4684-9108-2688
    Black Random Matchup Record:23-19 (minus 3 ragequit DC's and two accidental DC's...)
    Subway streak: 35
    White: 3611-3189-9624
    White Random Matchup Record:
    Name: Cyrus. i hav finally arrived on wifi, tremble before my might, mwuhahaha! pm for trades and battles.
    http://www.freewebs.com/cdawg3574/cystradeemporium.htm this is my trading site. got alot of good pokes, all are IV bred to desired specifications. this means that trades must be worth my while. B/W friend codes coming soon!

You do not get to see any of the nicknames over wifi, all you see is the default name of the Pokémon in the language of your opponent.

aww, it would have been awesome to have nicknames on wifi....
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

I give up with rated random matchup now. In my last wave of battles. Four out of five people I won against ragequit at some point. My win lose ratio isn't good enough to keep up with rage quitters. sigh

3DS: 5413 1009 1553

Quote Originally Posted by Del Mundo View Post
    I give up with rated random matchup now. In my last wave of battles. Four out of five people I won against ragequit at some point. My win lose ratio isn't good enough to keep up with rage quitters. sigh
    just go to the free battles like me, there's less ragequitters there

I'm Peng \( ゚◡゚)/

I dont mind Random Matchup (Even though the Rage Quitters annoy me to no end...)

Two of my pokemon are banned >.>
    its hard to find substitutes for them...

I do free mode singles alot and have just got my 1st star. Rain is my main problem. Im thinkin of teachin my lapras thunder to take a few pokemon down with me. I dont get many ragequitters now wheras when the games were released everyone ragequit.

I like random matchup even though it is extremely broken. Literally every single team has either a latios, tyranitar, or a garchomp. Ugh.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

my rain team ↓↓↓↓↓ has been doing very good on there

I'm Peng \( ゚◡゚)/

I hate them. I see broken and banned things all the time. WHY do they allow OHKO moves? I see chomp every 2 battles it is annoying. I also see double teamers. Everytime i see a OHKO move or evasion boosting move i turn my ds off. I want to play fair! Not with a sore loser who relys on ohkos and evasion.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    I hate them. I see broken and banned things all the time. WHY do they allow OHKO moves? I see chomp every 2 battles it is annoying. I also see double teamers. Everytime i see a OHKO move or evasion boosting move i turn my ds off. I want to play fair! Not with a sore loser who relys on ohkos and evasion.
    it's not smogon...

if your team is good there should be much problem. and if the OHKO moves give you problems use sturdy or focus sash because barely anyone uses entry hazards. evasion is a problem tho, just kill it as fast as you can

I'm Peng \( ゚◡゚)/

Quote Originally Posted by Poke_Cannon View Post
    While this metagame may seem broken

it is.
    definitely broken metagame
    in the making...

Oh sh*t son i will double team spam to no end now suckers!

What's a standard Sand team? I'm using Hippo with SR, SubSD Garchomp, and Specs Latios.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    What's a standard Sand team? I'm using Hippo with SR, SubSD Garchomp, and Specs Latios.
    SR are pretty useless in random since it's only 3 v 3.
    you could use it if you want to cripple focus sash users.
    also i would recommend TTar over Hippowdon and maybe Excadrill over Garchomp since latios is also dragon type and Excadrill has more synergy with Sand than Garchomp.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Random matchup is very challenging, and that's why I like it.

The only thing I wish Random Matchup would do is enable 6 on 6 battles instead of 3 on 3.
    They do. You just have to go to the triple/launcher battle section.

ok. That team is extremely Weavile weak, anyway.

Is Specs Latios any good on Random Matchup? A free kill from Draco Meteor is very important, since it's 3v3. Or CM Reuniclus?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast