Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gengar vs Alakazam

Default Gengar vs Alakazam

Which do you think is a beter special sweeper?
    Gengar or Alakazam?
    November is for scorpio's
    Name:Nico
    Black FC:0647 6904 9744

Gengar, its not even close.

(though Magic Guard Alakazam will be pretty good whenever its released)

Gengar is better because of it's better movepool and 2 immunities, allowing it to come in and start sweeping without taking any damage. Stat-Wise, Alakazam. It has higher special attack AND it's faster. Alakazam w/ it's DW ability could be very good, so Alakazam and Gengar are tied in my eyes.

Gengar. Better at pretty much everything.

depends. whoever is faster wins, unless the other pokemon has a powerful priority move. if they had focus sash's, it comes down to who is faster at the last attack. or you could just scarf gengar and use destiny bond while alakasam uses psyshock
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    depends. whoever is faster wins, unless the other pokemon has a powerful priority move. if they had focus sash's, it comes down to who is faster at the last attack. or you could just scarf gengar and use destiny bond while alakasam uses psyshock
    lolwhat

Gengar's better -- more bulk, actual useful resists and immunities, etc.

Magic Guard Zam will be alright once it's released, but it still lacks good immunities, so it's not as good as it could be.

If we're talking Alakazam against Gengar..then Alakazam.

Gengar has more variety with its sets, a couple immunities, and a little more bulk, thus making it a better Pokemon.

Magic Guard Alakazam could be good, but it wont make too much of a difference.
        Spoiler:- Favorite Pokes:

Spoiler:- What am I?:

Gengar hands down. Now Alakazam may have the advantage when it comes to power but Gengar has actual Immunities and resistences that make it surperior.

Credit to FrostStorm for the banner; YOU ARE MAJESTIC FROSTSTORM

3DS FC: 4940 6396 1803

"Because I am the man... who made a typo in his own name while registering..."

Quote Originally Posted by bobyjoe5000 View Post
    Or, you could just use Shadow Ball and have a full health Gengar, while the Alakazam is dead.

Gengar, reasons stated above by others.

Unless you're talking about Alakazam with Magic Guard, Gengar by far. Much better movepool and resists 2 types. Even with it's special ability, Alakazam still isn't as good(in my eyes at least).
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Looking for more secret bases! Message me your QR code, and I'll send you back mine.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Gengar hands down.

Chaos made by Katatakat and Sworn Metalhead

I actually like gengar better but I think Alakazam is stronger. When its Alakazm vs gengar alakazm wins because he is faster and psychis is one hit dead. And once I had both in the same team gengar on 62 and alakzam on 58. Alakazm was stronger that time because he survived way more fights than gengar.

Quote Originally Posted by Simia View Post
    I actually like gengar better but I think Alakazam is stronger. When its Alakazm vs gengar alakazm wins because he is faster and psychis is one hit dead. And once I had both in the same team gengar on 62 and alakzam on 58. Alakazm was stronger that time because he survived way more fights than gengar.
    Don't post in Competitive Discussions.

Alakazam pretty much sucks in OU. The sheer base stats are pretty overwhelming, but it really can't switch in, and Psychic sucks offensively. Gengar has that awesomeszosz Ghost typing with Levitate, which lets him come in on stuff like Conkeldurr or whatever and Sub in their faces before either outright destroying them or making their lives misery with Disable or Pain Split. They're kind of similar, but Alakazam really finds its use in the lower tiers.

Alakazam's offensive stats, while respectable, don't put him on the same competitive plane as Gengar, not even close.
    3DS Friend Code
    1950-8676-5817

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Don't post in Competitive Discussions.

Alakazam pretty much sucks in OU. The sheer base stats are pretty overwhelming, but it really can't switch in. Gengar has that awesomeszosz Ghost typing with Levitate, which lets him come in on stuff like Conkeldurr or whatever and Sub in their faces before either outright destroying them or making their lives misery with Disable or Pain Split. They're kind of similar, but Alakazam really finds its use in the lower tiers.
    what do you mean? Why can I not post in the competitve discussions? Well may be I dont really know. I always used Alakzam as my first fighter and he alone was mostly able to defeat at least half of the enemies team. Something gengar wasn't able to do.

what do you mean? Why can I not post in the competitve discussions? Well may be I dont really know. I always used Alakzam as my first fighter and he alone was mostly able to defeat at least half of the enemies team. Something gengar wasn't able to do.
    I'll let someone else break your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    I'll let someone else break your heart.
    What are you talking about? If you dont talk then I wont understand. And if I dont understand then I cant possibly get better at things =/

Gengar. It's just a better Pokemon.
    Generic Signature

What are you talking about? If you dont talk then I wont understand. And if I dont understand then I cant possibly get better at things =/
    youre obviously just an ingame player. you dont know about the metagame and competitive tiers or how to EV train and IV breed. i too think you should get on Smogon and lurk some before entering a competitive discussion. We are discussing which Pokemon is better in OU,go find out what OU stands for first of all and then come back.
    3DS FC: 4313 1054 9104

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WHEN YOUR FIGHTING TYPE POKEMON FIGHTS LIKE A MAN AND NOT A LADY
    IM ON A RAPIDASH

Quote Originally Posted by Darkerones View Post
    youre obviously just an ingame player. you dont know about the metagame and competitive tiers or how to EV train and IV breed. i too think you should get on Smogon and lurk some before entering a competitive discussion. We are discussing which Pokemon is better in OU,go find out what OU stands for first of all and then come back.
    Ahh now I get it. Yes I am only an ingame player and therefore only judged by the things I personally know. Thx at least someone who is kind of nice enough to tell me what is going on...and no idea what OU stands for and I suppose you don't plan on helping someone else?*cough* unfriendly community much?

gengar because its better in almost every way.
    I claim Larvitar!

Ingame: Alakazam is better since it can beat alot of the trainers and E4 with ease.
    Competitive: Alakazam is OHKOed by nearly every move and is extremely weak to priority. Yes, It's good offensively, but that doesn't make up for it's terrible bulk.
    Gengar: Great Ingame, and Competive. Immune to many forms of priority and can use moves like Explosion and Destiny Bond to take out a powerful threat on the apposing team. It can actually survive an attack and has great coverage at that matter. Good status moves and a decent typing make's it surperior to Alakazam.

Credit to FrostStorm for the banner; YOU ARE MAJESTIC FROSTSTORM

3DS FC: 4940 6396 1803

"Because I am the man... who made a typo in his own name while registering..."

Ahh now I get it. Yes I am only an ingame player and therefore only judged by the things I personally know. Thx at least someone who is kind of nice enough to tell me what is going on...and no idea what OU stands for and I suppose you don't plan on helping someone else?*cough* unfriendly community much?
    Overused tier. the standard competitive play. If you cant stand Ferrothorn,Gliscor or weather. dont play in OU
    3DS FC: 4313 1054 9104

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WHEN YOUR FIGHTING TYPE POKEMON FIGHTS LIKE A MAN AND NOT A LADY
    IM ON A RAPIDASH

I hate to say this outright, especially as it isn't really the time or place, but most competitive areas of pokemon communities naturally react badly to anyone who enters assuming they have knowledge of the competitive game but don't, or just generally show that they aren't quite sure about factors regarding competitive.

However, if you want to get integrated into the community while learning competitive, I recommend signing up for the serebii battling tutor program. ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast