Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Cilan Versus Trip, Ash Versus Georgia!! (701)

Pawniard's voice hurt my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Its not THAT bad

Froakie master race reporting in.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart90 View Post
    I liked the dub up until this region, I haven't watched too much of it but I was hoping the really awesome stuff in the japanese version would at least be good in the dub, but unfortunately its not.
    And yet this is the series where the dub has started sticking closer to the original, Japanese script. Now line changes are very small and don't differentiate the dub from the original as they usually don't impact what happens in an episode at all.

So technically this should have been an improved dub. Well to me it is at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    And yet this is the series where the dub has started sticking closer to the original, Japanese script. Now line changes are very small and don't differentiate the dub from the original as they usually don't impact what happens in an episode at all.

So technically this should have been an improved dub. Well to me it is at least.
    Oh is that why BW is the best in series?

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    What the hell happened to the creativity of the dub titles? I think it's just lazyness. I used to like it when there were funny and interesting titles. But oh well, never mind.
    I honestly thought it was just me noticing that.

First thing that I need to say, I love what they did at the end with the narrator bringing up checkmate, it references Pawniard(Note the "Pawn" in it's name). I loved that.

I enjoyed this episode as much as the Japanese version.

Gurdurr's and Pawniard's dub voices were great in my eyes(Or ears). The pronunciation of the names didn't come off as much of a shock either(Pawniard's was a little different then I thought).

Overall I enjoyed this episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    First thing that I need to say, I love what they did at the end with the narrator bringing up checkmate, it references Pawniard(Note the "Pawn" in it's name). I loved that.

I enjoyed this episode as much as the Japanese version.

Gurdurr's and Pawniard's dub voices were great in my eyes(Or ears). The pronunciation of the names didn't come off as much of a shock either(Pawniard's was a little different then I thought).

Overall I enjoyed this episode.
    Agreed this episode was freaking awesome

I liked it. And it was distinctly female.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    I liked it. And it was distinctly female.
    *Le Gasp* It's a she?!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post

Yea I agree that it is much closer to the original dialogue, I guess my main problem is the voice acting, which is pretty emotionless I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart90 View Post
    Yea I agree that it is much closer to the original dialogue, I guess my main problem is the voice acting, which is pretty emotionless I guess.
    The only thing that still bothers me is the ",you know?"

I still find Iris' verbal fights with Georgia to be more tilted toward Georgia in regard to whom I'm supposed to root for.

Iris is just arrogant and condescending, while Georgia at least knows she's not that pleasant.

Iris: *bragging style*You still think you can beat me? Such a child.
    Georgia: Yeah, I'm a child alright. Just like you.

Newsflash, girl: Georgia annihilated you twice, and technically won your third fight as well(according to typical battle rules, Beartic stayed up while Excadrill went down first). Get with the arrogance once you've actually proven yourself superior, or even on par.

Georgia's only real ***** sequence was her eating the group's food(which was bloody hilarious). The rest has been deserved arrogance.
    Last edited by RWB; 10th November 2011 at 12:43 PM.

Georgia really stands out as a battler in this episode, I really think she'd be a good rival for Ash.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

You're right. Georgia seems like more of a rival for Ash than for Iris. And Bianca just seems like she doesn't even care what goes on around her.

My ideal battle ever!

Golly, I haven't watched much of the Black and White series, in fact no more than 10 but this episode was incredible! I would have to say it's one of the best Pokémon episodes I've ever seen, it just had everything.

-omg Cilan *fanboygasm* Cilan is just the coolest character in Pokémon. He is the best. Who can deny his calm attitude and food references. He adds a certain spice to the show.
    -Good battles. The battles in Pokémon really leave much to be desired but what was in this episode was some of the best.
    -Character Development. Maybe it's because I haven't seen any of the rivals in an episode before but it was really great seeing how they interacted with the main cast. They all have little quirks that set them aside from the rest.
    -Genuine laughs! From Stephan's name being mispronounced, Georgia's bickering with Iris, Burgundy's unjustified hatred towards Cilan, Bianca's craziness and Zorua's cheeky behaviour I surprisingly found myself chuckling a little.
    -CILAN!
    -Pokémon acting like Pokémon. I always like it when Pokémon are shown to be behaving like regular animals. For example seeing Dwebble repair its shell with its saliva and Zorua always running off to cause mischief.

This episode was just incredible, whoever the writer is get him on again. If only all episodes were like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    You're right. Georgia seems like more of a rival for Ash than for Iris.
    -_-

You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.

I kinda like Georgia although shes good in small doses. I wouldnt want her to be a main rival like Trip and Bianca are although shes good for popping up at times
    Loved how Burgandy got so mad at Clian winning although Trip leaving early slightly annoyed me. He could have stopped for a while.

It was kind of rude for Ash and Iris to be rooting for Bianca....they shouldn't have cared who won that battle. They're all friends, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperToilet View Post
    It was kind of rude for Ash and Iris to be rooting for Bianca....they shouldn't have cared who won that battle. They're all friends, right?
    I think they just want Bianca to do well. Given her 'punching bag' status. Plus they've known her for longer, too.

It's not as if they were anti-supporting Stephan. Unlike what Georgia and Burgundy were doing with their respective rivals.
    {Insert signature here}

Quote Originally Posted by pokeaussie37 View Post
    I think they just want Bianca to do well. Given her 'punching bag' status. Plus they've known her for longer, too.

It's not as if they were anti-supporting Stephan. Unlike what Georgia and Burgundy were doing with their respective rivals.
    I agree with you here, but Ash and Iris should have at least said something good about Zebstrika, which they didn't. If I were Stephan, and I was using a Zebstrika who was known well for it's stregnth, to battle a complete weakling who was using a rodent who's battling skills were the equivelant of a dead Weedle, and my friends wanted the weakling to win, it would be annoying.

I loved the scene where Georgia's Pawniard acted cute and funny after Ash discovered it was female. That scene made me laugh!

Pawniard really put up a good fight against Snivy. I also loved Pawniard's English VA (actually turned out to be Bella Hudson).

I really enjoyed both battles. I laughed at Pawniard's action after its gender being revealed!

I agree with you here, but Ash and Iris should have at least said something good about Zebstrika, which they didn't. If I were Stephan, and I was using a Zebstrika who was known well for it's stregnth, to battle a complete weakling who was using a rodent who's battling skills were the equivelant of a dead Weedle, and my friends wanted the weakling to win, it would be annoying.
    I just feel for the guy that no-one can bother to get his name right. I mean, they've heard him say it enough times. It was funny when no-one got Butch's name right - he was a villain, and the pun was still fresh and amusing. But for Stephan, geez, they're just being rude.

So, does anyone else really like Trip? I get the feeling we're supposed to go 'boo, what a jerk', but I find him to be not only interesting as a character, but talented as a trainer and actually refreshing in how little he tolerates Ash. (If anyone fell on the Pokemon I was trying to catch, ruining my chances, I'd be pretty hacked off too).

Re: the Pawniard battle, gah I dislike when the anime pulls stupid stunts like that to ensure the 'hero' wins the battle. There was no way under normal circumstances that Pawniard would've lost, and the writers knew it, so what do they do? Have it get its blades stuck in the ground. Yuh-huh, that's a fair way to win.

On the plus side, I sort of want to raise a Pawniard now. They're kinda cute :3
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

The best part of this episode was Burgundy and her dying to see Cilan lose. LOL Plus, I loved the ongoing storyline with Bianca and Zorua. I liked Iris's comment about Ash and Stefan making a contest out of eating too.

7/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/04 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

-_-

You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.
    No I'm not. Iris doesn't seem like she cares, so she should have a rival like Trip who isn't really all that interested. But Georgia looks like she can get Ash to battle well. But that's the way I see it.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast