Thread: GWSC- Week 85 Poll

Default GWSC- Week 85 Poll

ANYONE CAN VOTE
    This week's challenge was to retype a pokemon with the typing from the entry above

Everyone has 2 votes to use!
    The votes will be tallied on Monday and the winner will be announced in Week #87.

Note that this week you can give 2 votes!!
    Very pleased with this weeks result! It will be difficult to choose

9dragonbreed - Fire/Fighting Lopunny

Bert - Bug Umbreon

HM02gon - Normal Swadloon

Kryptos - Normal Mewtwo

Master Aboody - Psychic Eevee

Mr. Mach - Steel/Bug Blaziken

Navarch - Normal Buizel

Ryger Vandell - Normal Sylveon

Shiny Swalot - Dark Furret

Skarm(Tm) - Water Ambipom

Vern - Fairy Rapidash

Happy voting!

Ps: Credits go to Kyle-Dove, for using his sylveon-sprite as base (for Ryger Vandell's retype)
    Ps2: Sorry I'm late with the polls everybody! Swamped with work this week!

Last edited by noobiess; 19th January 2015 at 5:47 PM.

Alright, lets see....

Spoiler:- Opinions:

So, after that extensive list you probably didn't read, my votes go to...

Navarch's Normal Buizel and 9dragonbreed's Fire/Fighting Lopunny.

Voting for:
    9dragonbreed - Fire/Fighting Lopunny, because it is well made.
    Bert - Bug Umbreon, because it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Burakoru View Post
    Master Aboody - Another cute one. Though personally, the two bands (the one on it's neck, and the one on it's tail) seem to...pop out a little more than the rest of the sprite. Which is sort of off-setting when trying to look at it as a whole. (Yeah...sorry, this is nitpicking, not actual criticism.)
    Actually...
    The neck one is a ring that's why I did it like that.(based on Hoopa)
    The tail one is a bracelet.(Just to let you know)
    The future is now, thanks to science. ~Clemont

Voting for Bert and Skarm(TM), the bug Umbreon is adorable and the Ambipom looks nice (also, sea monkey).

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

My votes go to Navarch - Normal Buizel and HM02gon - Normal Swadloon

A lot of participation and sprites to choose from. Normal retyping does seem hard but this time very effective. Buizel looks like a legitimate weasel. Swadloon is now an adorable grumpy bear. Very nice.

Keep up the spriting everyone.
    Signature By: Sworn Metalhead

HM02gon and 9Dragonbreed, both are fabulous. Honorable mentions to Master Aboody, Navarch and Skarm™ for doing so well on his first fusion/edit/retype.
    I'm too lazy tired to write down extensive C&C atm, sorry (exams). If you really wanna know what I thought of your sprite feel free to vm me.
    Last edited by Bert; 19th January 2015 at 8:38 PM.

Voting for 9dragonbreed and Bert, both look really nice.

Thanks for the compliment Bert, although honestly I thought it was pretty bad compared to everyone else's, where everything was so much more complex. >_<

~Credits to myself~

Quote Originally Posted by Skarm™ View Post
    Thanks for the compliment Bert, although honestly I thought it was pretty bad compared to everyone else's, where everything was so much more complex. >_<
    You're welcome. Apart from some really minor technical mistakes, it didn't look "beginner"-ish at all to me. The only complaints I have is that the Kingdra parts are slightly differently colored than the body and that you didn't edit the shading on the copy/pasted an flipped Blastoise cannon. Other than that, really nice work. It doesn't lack complexity at all imo, and if it does the idea of the water hoses on the tail more than makes up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    You're welcome. Apart from some really minor technical mistakes, it didn't look "beginner"-ish at all to me. The only complaints I have is that the Kingdra parts are slightly differently colored than the body and that you didn't edit the shading on the copy/pasted an flipped Blastoise cannon. Other than that, really nice work. It doesn't lack complexity at all imo, and if it does the idea of the water hoses on the tail more than makes up for it.
    Ah, yes, shading. That is honestly my worst enemy when it comes to spriting, since I have not the faintest clue how or when to shade.

~Credits to myself~

I'm voting for Vern - Fairy Rapidash and Navarch - Normal Buizel. The Rapidash and Buizel sprite both look simple, which I like because neither are overdone and yet both still convey a change in type.

Vern and Bert. Love the Rapidash colors.

| Trainer Level 4 | D Grade Referee |

Machamp, I claim you!

I have claimed Karst from Golden Sun: The Lost Age and also, Golden Sun: The Lost Age. I have claimed Shadow's Theme from FFVI.

Quote Originally Posted by Burakoru View Post
        Spoiler:- Opinions:
    Well, the only thing I did was a re-colour and scratch of the scarf which imo I should've done better. I was just making it around the size of the ribbons.

My votes: 9dragonbreed - Fire/Fighting Lopunny and Bert - Bug Umbreon

Skarm and Vern have really nice sprites, so my votes go to them. The colors on Rapidash go great together, and the whole "sea monkey" idea is cool. Love the cannon tails, too.

I'm voting fot Skarm and Vern. I really don't feel like going into detail why.
    Flygon is not a Bug so stop saying it will get Bug typing

Guess what type most of my favorite Pokemon are weak too...
    <-Let's pretend he's shiny so he's not an outcast

And then there's Kevin.

Voting for Master Aboody and Skarm(Tm). I loved the way both of them came out, especially the rings on Eevee.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverdialga View Post
    Voting for Master Aboody and Skarm(Tm). I loved the way both of them came out, especially the rings on Eevee.
    Thank you, I'm happy that you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    HM02gon and 9Dragonbreed, both are fabulous. Honorable mentions to Master Aboody, Navarch and Skarm™ for doing so well on his first fusion/edit/retype.
    I'm too lazy tired to write down extensive C&C atm, sorry (exams). If you really wanna know what I thought of your sprite feel free to vm me.
    Thank you, even if you didn't vote for me.

My votes of this week go to Shiny Swalot - Dark Furret. It looks simple but clean and I like it.
    And to 9dragonbreed - Fire/Fighting Lopunny . I love those Emboar arms as ears.
    Claimed Scyther

PASBL explained
    Prologue and chapter one posted. Draft chapter two in production

Button made by Chapter of Charizard. Banner and Profile Picture made by Astral Shadow. Thank you both for this ^^

I'm also voting for Master Aboody's and Vern's sprites. Both are really pleasing to the eyes. The former, due to it being very different from what is expected, and the minimal details are good too. That ring on his neck and his tail does add up to the sprite, and that spiral thingy on his head. The colours match up correctly as well. Besides, it is looking like Anubis to me, due to its pose. And when you notice how mystical that is. Why to NOT do it! He deserves it. I am also surprised it didn't got much votes.

Vern's Rapidash may seem like a simple recolour, but in reality, it "isn't". He has changed the flames for clouds, which makes sense considering how the fairy-type works. His only flaw is that he could have improved more. Fairy type allows for much more fancy stuff. I like how the colours match, giving it a much pleasing look. But he could improve it way more if he wanted. Nice job, nonetheless.

Noteworthy is also Skarm's and HM02gon's sprites. I just didn't vote for 'em, 'cause I liked the other sprites more. Although I had to choose between Vern and Skarm, and it was almost a tie. I choosed Vern's just because of Rapidash and its awesome pinky look. But his sprite is truly well done! I'm cheering for both!

Quote Originally Posted by Sohryu View Post
    I'm also voting for Master Aboody's and Vern's sprites. Both are really pleasing to the eyes. The former, due to it being very different from what is expected, and the minimal details are good too. That ring on his neck and his tail does add up to the sprite, and that spiral thingy on his head. The colours match up correctly as well. Besides, it is looking like Anubis to me, due to its pose. And when you notice how mystical that is. Why to NOT do it! He deserves it. I am also surprised it didn't got much votes.
    Thank you very much.

Ryger Vandell and Navarch. I really like Ryger Vandell's sprite. It looks really pleasing, and I just all around like how the colors look. It almost looks like it's straight out of a fairy tale. I'd say more, bt it really will just translate to "I love this sprite" due to my apparent inability to give useful advice. As for Navarch, it was really close between the Buizel and the Furret. But eventually, I chose the Buizel simply because it looked like a real-life otter.

Oh, and thanks for all the votes!
    And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
    And the lamplight o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the
    floor;
    And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted- nevermore!
    Credits to Astral Shadow for the Banner.

9dragonbreed and Vern. Look amazing, great effort put.
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

Vern and 9dragonbreed.
    I love Pikachu!

Bert and HM02gon

dunno why people are voting Vern, I mean, it's only a recolor.

For me there was one clear winner: 9dragonbreed. I love the creativity and the execution.
    The choice of the second vote was a bit harder. To me 4 entry spoke to me: Bert's, HM02gon's, Navarch's and Vern's.
    Both Navarch's and Vern's are quit simple edits but they really look like a normal/fairy pokémon respectively. I both love the vibe they give.
    Bert's is really creative and the edits are really well made. The eye for detail is incredible. The shading on the outline of the tail could be a bit lighter though.
    HM02gon's is a quite ingenious. Also retyping to a normal type is th hardest thing to do, since it doesn't have something obvious to make it to. A small negative point is that I don't like the patterns on the coat. It just looks blurry to me.
    After thinking a bit, I have to go for Bert. That one had the most detail.