Thread: American--Pi's Sprites

Default American--Pi's Sprites

American--Pi's Sprites

Hello! My name is American--Pi, but I like to go by Pi. I'm just a nineteen-year-old girl from the USA who likes a lot of things and likes to dabble in creative pursuits. I used to like spriting a lot, but I've lost interest in it because to be frank, spriting as a whole is kind of dead... Who knows, though. Maybe I'll dabble in spriting for fun sometime in the future. This is the thread where I post all my sprites... there isn't much to explain, really. ^_^; Artwork is ordered from most to least recent.

I also draw and make graphics. My art shop is here. Completed sprite requests are there, not here.

For the record, all my art, including my drawings, doodles, and graphics, are posted on my Tumblr:
    http://americanpi.tumblr.com/tagged/my-art

I also have two very old deviantART accounts that have some very old art on them, but I'd rather not link them here. I also have a Photobucket that I still use to host images. I have some good artworks that I've done on there, but I also have artworks done by other artists on that account (I've saved them to my own host because I like them; when I display the artworks I always credit the original artist). I also have some very old graphics that I'm not particularly proud of. Again, I'd rather not link that account. If you really want to see the accounts, you can go to my Tumblr and click on the "Usernames" link.

List of Sprites
    • GWSC sprites
    • Other sprites

GWSC sprites

Other sprites

Last edited by American--Pi; 4th July 2016 at 12:48 AM.

You're absolutely right, you are a natural in the way that you seem to pick up on techniques and do's and don'ts of spriting really easily. All of these show good craftwomanship and they're generally great!

Now as to what you can improve on, I think you don't take it far enough sometimes. The Cyndaquil/Chickorita is a good example of that, where the leaf and fire seem oddly close to each other, and I feel like you could easily come up with some sort of creative solution for that but somehow didn't. The Mega Altaria (I guess that's what its supposed to be?) is really great though and shows that you can think outside of the box, you should just do it a liiiittle more often imho.

Altogether, really great work though!

Most of the sprites I have already seen, since they are of the GWSC. So I will comment on the sprites that wheren't for the GWSC:

The recolored rapidash looks really nice. The color choice of the flame is very good and gives of a ghost-vibe. Certainly the lightest shade is very nice since it gives of a nice contrast with the darker shades. The color of the body is also nice. Personally I think it would look better if you used a less saturated and little lighter color, but I think that is more of a personal choice.

The fusion between Chichorita and Snivy looks a bit weird to me. The different colors and shape of the leafs and the lack of a pattern on the body makes is very strange. I don't know how you could improve it though...

I think your sprites are amazing! I especially like your Rapidash and the Piplup/Pikachu one. As far as what noobiess said:

Quote Originally Posted by noobiess View Post
    The fusion between Chichorita and Snivy looks a bit weird to me. The different colors and shape of the leafs and the lack of a pattern on the body makes is very strange. I don't know how you could improve it though...
    I think I could maybe offer some advice? Take it with a grain of salt, though, of course, because I'm no expert what if you made the leaf on its tail the same color as the Chikorita leaf, and then made it look like three separate leaves, overlapped? Sort of like this. I dunno! That might just be a way to merge the styles together cohesively.

Like I said, amazing work!
    I have claimed Parasect

^fan fic _________________ sprites^

Thanks for all your feedback, everyone! In the future I'll definitely try to be more creative and think outside the box.

Updated the first post to reflect all my recent activity. This will be the last update in a long time, because right now I only sprite for my art shop.