Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Spriter's Lounge

I hope I'm submitting this in the right places. Apologies in advance if it isn't. Anyway, I decided to edit Lenora just to see what she may look like without her apron, and I also decided to edit the Striaton Triplets regarding their clothes. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Kangaflora; 17th July 2012 at 7:36 PM. Reason: Edited Cilan's clothes and Cress' pose
    Kangaflora
    Formerly known as Girafarig-chan

I made a recolor

Also made a Flying Elite Four Member and a sprite of me I'm working on. I need to make the hair lighter on me and add something to, "jazz" it up. ^.^

Last edited by Navarch; 28th June 2012 at 4:06 PM.

I made a recolor - well, actually, it's basically a water-type version of Leafeon (it's the direct link). I kind of made it in a rush, though...:

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/6...afeonwater.png

A snowman cat lickie:

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/4...9124065600.gif

Please comment, I haven't been spriting for a while now and want some advice.

Current RPGs:

Scramble

Current Fanfictions:

N/A

Coming soon:

Legend of Zelda Fanfiction (not sure of the title yet)
    Pokemon Sinnoh Adventures (I might make this one)

Shadow Lugia.PNG
    Hey I am a big fan of Shadow Lugia so I made this. Good bad or what? Please tell me

Charizard. The first true fire type. We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by darkblade2991 View Post
    Shadow Lugia.PNG
    Hey I am a big fan of Shadow Lugia so I made this. Good bad or what? Please tell me
    The coloring is alright, but could use some work. The light grey pixels between shades need to be changed to a darker shade of grey. shadow pokemon have a lot of purple also, so keep that in mind.

Anyone have any fusion suggestions? I'm out of ideas.
    Last edited by StonE EdgE; 4th July 2012 at 7:22 PM.

^Base: Gigalith
    Other: Conkeldurr

I am a veteran spriter, I have been doing it for 5+ years now, and am getting back into the swing of things...here are 2 sprites I have made, they both are fakemon so enjoy...

Name: Exothrush
    The Bone Armor Pokémon
    --Over time this pokémon has
    collected the bones of fallen loved
    ones, and has made an entire suit
    of armor out of them.
    Ability:Battle Armor
    Type: Ground/Steel
    Evo. Chain:
    Cubone>(Lv.28)>Marowak>(Trade w/ Metal Coat)>Exothrush
    Attacks:
    • Bone Club
    • Bonemerang
    • Bone Rush
    • Iron Defense

Editor's notes:I had the most problems with the tail and the bones in hand, I used the tail of a Dragonite (Fr/Lg) but had to extend it and re-shape it some, and its ok I guess, but i think it could have been better. And is it just me or do the angles of the Bone Clubs look off? Other than those things, I am all around happy with this sprite...
    Sprites used:
    • Marowak (Hg/Ss)
    • Marowak (Fr/Lg)
    • Alakazam (D/P)
    • Dragonite (Fr/Lg)

Name:Necrosis
    The Floating Island Pokémon
    --Only one of these
    Pokémon exist. It travels from
    place to place, and is hidden
    from the naked eye. The temple
    on its back holds increadible
    treasures, and acts as the training
    grounds for many legendary Pokémon.
    Ability:Levitate
    Type:Ghost/Rock
    Evo. Chain:N/A
    Attacks:
    • Ominous Wind
    • Ancientpower
    • Dark Pulse
    • Camouflage

Editor's Notes:This is actualy a remke of a sprite I made long ago...why did I remeke it you ask...lets just say the temple on its back and its face where compleatly scratch made...and I was 100% n00b when I made it...the temple was still a challenge but it looks much better than it did...im not the best at scratching large objects...the grave stones are also mostly scratched, and the face is...well was a haunters face...kinda...
    Sprites used:
    • Haunter (E[Frame2])
    • Gastly (D/P[Frame2])
    • Giratina (D/P)
    • Torterra (Hg/Ss)
    • Darkrai (Hg/Ss)

Name:Wobbuniclus
    Ability:Magic Guard
    Type:Psychic
    Fusion of:Wobbuffet+Reuniclus
    Attacks:
    • Destiny Bond
    • Mirror Coat
    • Recover
    • Psywave

Editor's Notes:I like it overall, but the tail, bubble thingy...it still looks...not quite right...
    Sprites Used:
    • Wobbuffet (Hg/Ss)
    • Reuniclus (B/W)

I will be posting more as I make make them so enjoy :3
    Last edited by Blackokami11; 12th August 2012 at 12:41 AM.
    \m/<(-_-)>\m/
    Rock On!

Spoiler:- Creds::

I'm a n00b spriter and so my sprites are probably gonna suck but here is the one i just made .
    Last edited by lucarioisawesome; 19th August 2012 at 8:53 AM.
    † I am a Christian, and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    I watch you while you're sleeping.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    0__0

Quote Originally Posted by lucarioisawesome View Post
    I'm a n00b spriter and so my sprites are probably gonna suck but here is the one i just made .
    it is a good idea, that has potential. the arms seem to be positioned oddly, and the border needs some work, maybe a darker shade?
    \m/<(-_-)>\m/
    Rock On!

Spoiler:- Creds::

charizrd.png My Shadow Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by jjhd View Post
    charizrd.png My Shadow Charizard
    No offence, But that looks like you took a Charizard sprite, Opened it in MS Paint and used the Filler/Paint Bucket tool all over the sprite. Maybe you could use pencil tool and use other sprites for colors and/or accessories? Also, The outlines are still of Charizard's original coloring, And I can see them very well. You might wanna fix that. Ever heard of the "Eraser Trick"?

[IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2d9d46a.jpg[/IMG] I'm kind of new to spriting, But not so much. This is a Fakemon! I tried real hard on it and even made an frame animation of it in my signature. It's a music note Pokemon, I got inspiration while listening to music. (Am I doing this right? If not then message me about it.)
    Last edited by メロエッタ; 24th September 2012 at 1:56 AM.

^ Banner made by Eeveelover824 ^
    Quote Originally Posted by PewDiePie
    "Life is too short to focus on the things you hate, Focus on what you love to do instead."
        Spoiler:- Credits... I guess?:

Quote Originally Posted by メロエッタ View Post
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2d9d46a.jpg[/IMG] I'm kind of new to spriting, But not so much. This is a Fakemon! I tried real hard on it and even made an frame animation of it in my signature. It's a music note Pokemon, I got inspiration while listening to music. (Am I doing this right? If not then message me about it.)
    Its decent, but I think you're jamming too many details in areas there aren't enough space, namely the musical note.

Try to avoid copying/flipping appendages, especially when we can tell what pokemon they are from(beautifly). And I can't tell what the base is....it looks like a boo from mario...

Anyways, like I said, its a decent sprite, my only other advice would be to combine the parts, rather then shove them behind the base sprite haha
    ----------------------------------

Huh, this place looks a little dead but it's worth a shot.

I made these for a project my younger brother is doing, and someone said they looked kinda bad. I asked him why, and to his credit he tried to explain, but aside from them being too rounded (?) I had no idea what he was going on about. Any suggestions to improve them? They're 3rd gen size but drawn 4th/5th gen style.

Next is this: It's meant to be a test map for a custom tileset that would function in a third gen game, so it's made using the same limits. This is just the flora tiles, so it's all under 16 colours. (Or it is now anyway, I can't remember if this exact version had a few more colours) There seems to be something wrong with the small tree in particular.

Lastly, can anyone suggest a decent art program for spriting (a free one is preferable). I used MSpaint on windows xp but now I've upgraded to windows 7 and the new version of paint is broken beyond belief. (Transparent selection is broken. Colour replace is broken. Rotating is broken. The interface in general is a pain to use.) I have gimp, but it seems a bit too complicated for pixel art, and freezes a little too often.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

Hmm, the eevee/espeon sprites are great, but they both have that unexplainable "off" quality to them. For me, on the eevee, it has areas of a lot of black or very little black, like comparing the very black back legs to the almost no black tail. Now linework is BY FAR my biggest weakness, so I'm not quite sure on a solution, but I'd try and balance it out. Also its paw that is facing the camera, is just....hard to make out what its doing with it. Honestly I think it'd look more natural if it were just touching the ground like the other one is. Great pose regardless.

On the espeon, Its sitting down sugimori art ain't much help, but I feel that the front feet should be smaller yet, and the bottom of the back legs a tiny bit skinnier. In addition parts of its tail are rather straight, that's a rather simple fix though.

Great job, and with the tiles too!

Hi, I've done some spriting in the past and recently decided to try it again. So please tell me what you think of this wizard mewtwo that I made.
    [IMG]http://oi50.*******.com/2zss5jk.jpg[/IMG]
    Thanks in advance

~| Complete Shiny Collection | Shiny Spreadsheet | Chain Fishing Quest X |~

~ Current hunts ~
    HG BQ #3: (2,150SR's/10,750seen) || Masuda Method X: (240 eggs)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark View Post
    Hi, I've done some spriting in the past and recently decided to try it again. So please tell me what you think of this wizard mewtwo that I made.
    [IMG]http://oi50.*******.com/2zss5jk.jpg[/IMG]
    Thanks in advance
    It's not bad, everything is cut and pasted pretty well. Main problem here is that trainer sprites and pokemon sprites are shaded completely different, so they don't work too well together.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    It's not bad, everything is cut and pasted pretty well. Main problem here is that trainer sprites and pokemon sprites are shaded completely different, so they don't work too well together.
    Thanks alot for your comment. I know I can still improve a lot on shading.

I tried another one:
    [IMG]http://oi50.*******.com/2u6pnb6.jpg[/IMG]

The one in the middle is just a recouler of the one on the left. In the right one i tried to make the shading of the hair a bit more realistic.

Please tell me what you think about these mermaids.

~ Current hunts ~

It's much better. There are some minor things to improve on like linework, but that's not close to my specialty so I won't get into that.

Just keep up the good work

[IMG]http://oi48.*******.com/2m7w5eb.jpg[/IMG]
    Here are some new ones I did. I was struggling with the Beautifly wings, because I couldn't fit it properly. So I figured putting it behind Eevee's hair-thing would be the best option.

Please comment on how you think these bugs turned out.

~ Current hunts ~

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark View Post
    [IMG]http://oi48.*******.com/2m7w5eb.jpg[/IMG]
    Here are some new ones I did. I was struggling with the Beautifly wings, because I couldn't fit it properly. So I figured putting it behind Eevee's hair-thing would be the best option.

Please comment on how you think these bugs turned out.
    They are edited decently, but many of the parts just don't work well together.

In eevee/beautifly, the wings on the right side are lower then the feet. Not by much, but they are so oversized for the body its crazy.

In eevee/yanma, the wings face us dead on, and go downward, despite eevee just standing there, at an angle.

The next two work much better, though a few things like the black holes around the legs annoy me. Plus how the two legs on the right(our right) jut out with that initial appendage, but the one on the left looks like it skips that segment and attaches directly to the body.

Anyways, don't get me wrong, you're getting better, and I'm pointing out small things, but those are what makes the real good spriters Keep it up!

Useful Criticism!
    Thank you, that's really helpful. Unfortunately the project I was making those for has gone on indefinite hiatus so the sprites now have no purpose. :\

However, the tiles, my own project is continuing nicely, I think.

I've edited the bottom of the big trees and the whole of the small trees, and I want to know if it's an improvement or not. I also want to know if the dirt, rock, sand and beach sand tiles work well or if they're too different from the usual style or too obviously repetitive.

(The actual layout of the map is irrelevant)

Will-Powered Spriter

I'd bring the bottom-sides of the big tree up a bit, as right now the bottom is fairly flat, which doesn't lend itself well to a birds eye view.

The small trees look better, not as oddly shaped.

All the tiles work well together, EXCEPT the brick patter in the middle/left side of the image. Its colors have WAY to much contrast, as compared to everything else(cept maybe the tall grass), in addition, I feel while the dark green portion of it fades into the grass, it'd help if the pattern kinda faded out as it got to the edges(a small amount). Because to me, it looks like another brick image was pasted underneath everything else haha.

Keep it up though, it has a gba zelda style to it, and that's neat.

And, not a shameless advertisement on my part or anything, but IF you are looking for some kind of project to work on, I'm sure the other guys and myself on Imperial Sky would be more then happy to have you aboard. As of right now, Aquakip is are only spriter, and while he works at superhuman speeds, I'm sure another already skilled spriter couldn't hurt. Just thought I'd throw the offer out there, no worries if you're too busy(like all of us haha)

And, not a shameless advertisement on my part or anything, but IF you are looking for some kind of project to work on, I'm sure the other guys and myself on Imperial Sky would be more then happy to have you aboard. As of right now, Aquakip is are only spriter, and while he works at superhuman speeds, I'm sure another already skilled spriter couldn't hurt. Just thought I'd throw the offer out there, no worries if you're too busy(like all of us haha)
    No, I should probably avoid working on major projects with other people, I am not good with deadlines or responsibility or teamwork for things I do in my spare time. I'd likely end up letting people down eventually. I could maybe do a little guest art, but I'll avoid major commitments.

But I did manage to do a bit more work on my thing. I haven't looked at the bottom of the trees yet, but I have slightly reduced the contrast on the stone pattern (maybe not as much as you were suggesting though, in retrospect... I can't edit the palette too much more but I guess I could rework the pattern) and I've also started on cliff faces:

I can see there's a problem distinguishing the edges, but I'm not sure what to do with it. I'm working on a limited palette, so I'm reluctant to edit the darkest shade too much as I'll need it for cave entrances.

As for the grass/rock border tiles, I checked what game freak does for them and it turns out such a tile is never used anyway. Grass and rock tiles are separated by cliffs instead, and don't occur on the same layer.
    Last edited by Will-powered Spriter; 1st November 2012 at 8:39 PM.

Will-Powered Spriter

It requires more flow or a better transition between the rock + grass on the top of the cliff. It looks really silly right now because of the contrasting perspectives and colours.

Anybody wanna give some advice on this? I just can't be happy with it at /all/.

Also I know the shading on the far side of the tale is messed up, I just can't be bothered saving it and re-uploading it. :-(

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2iw9h1u.png[/IMG]

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast