Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Spriter's Lounge

Hi, if anyone has played the Mario and luigi series they will know of the character fawful. I have recently started a new kind of sprite at my shop called fawfulmon, if anyone knows of fawful could they please check the shop in my sig and tell me what they think of my fawfulmon? Thanks, and sorry if this is inappropriate for this thread.

-Uh oh.

Hello 'dere. I started to pixel over some Dream World artwork to warm up my spriting skills again. (I haven't sprited for a year or so) I wanted some feedback before I started my own thread.

Bulbasaur and Squirtle can both be found in my signature. (Although Squirtle is a bit cut off)

@ Gurk: That's pretty good! The recolouring is great, but Dragonite's right (our left) wing looks positioned incorrectly, and Dragonairs tail piece looks badly placed. (It looks like it's falling off, how about moving the orbs, one at a time, to line them up with the tail?)

frozen inside without your touch
    without your love, darling
    only you are the life among the dead
    -
    tumblr - gwsc - sprites - song

@Keizaal - That's a nice pixel sprite! I feel the outline is a bit off with the white, however.

Also, how do you guys like my first fusion? I made it for a program on another forum that I am in. Yes I know it's bad imo, but it's one of my first fusions so I feel good about it. =)
    I made a forum! The Pokeathlon Forums. Come and join today!

Also, check out my club on Marriland.

Im fairly new to this, only done "copy paste X pokemon's head onto Y's pokemonses head" (dat grammar)

anyways, rate and help me improve

For someone fairly new to this, that isn't bad. The only problem I can see is that the flame isn't positioned right in the centre of its head, so it looks a tiny bit off at the moment.

The next step would be to wean yourself off of copy and pasting, it can be a bad habit and can make your sprite look lazy. Scratching's where it's at. My advice would be to:

1) Observe other sprites - What better way to get better than look at the official sprites. Another way you can observe is by looking at other pixel artist's work. A few good examples I randomly selected from my Deviantart faves are GeoisEvil, s122510 & watertrainer.
    Don't forget there's always here where you can showcase your work, we have some amazing spriters here to help you, just keep an eye on the WGSC for example.
    2) Sketch, sketch, sketch! - Just roughly sketch out a few ideas every now and then. Whenever you feel an idea brewing or if you just want to doodle, sketch it down. It will all help in the future when you're feeling stuck, or out of ideas to just look back through.
    3) Tutorials - If in doubt, look for help! There are some great tutorials out there on spriting, such as the Tutorial Thread here which is filled with some decent enough guides. Trawl around other areas such as Deviantart, because I can assure you there are some brilliant tutorials on there as well.

But basically it's all about practising. The more confident you feel about scratching sprites, the more challenging sprites you can try, which will, in the end benefit you greatly. Spriting's brilliant fun and a good activity to waste time on! Your presence here is also greatly valued, because spriting's slowly being fazed out, and for quite a while the Fan Sprites section here has seen better days. It all started when the WSC stopped. But now with the intro of the GWCS, hopefully this place'll be back on its feet in now time. Good luck, and most of all, just have fun with it!
    *Goes back to sleep*

thanks, Ill start working on all this stuff, thanks for the advice

Hey guys. I'm Surhmist. I'm known by other names in different places but I'll save info for when I open up my gallery.

I can't really post pictures yet so the gallery will have to wait..

I was so impressed with everyone's sprite work, as a sprite artist, I had to register here.

Policray.png

This is a sprite I did for Policray, which is basically a fakemon that will appear in my hack SW/HF (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301643 ). I did the lineart by photographing the sketch (which looks very different :/), tracing it in photo editing software, adding a pure white background, and then reducing the size to the proper size. I touched it up in Paint and then I added color. As you can probably tell, it's Politoed's color pallet. It's essentially a new form for Politoed... Anyways! I'm not sure what I don't like about this sprite. I thought it just looked choppy but playing with the outlines didn't help, so I'm just not sure. I'm relatively new to spriting Fakemon, but this is really the first sprite I'm dissatisfied with. Any help/suggestions/etc. would be appreciated
    My swarm of Ledyba will destroy your crops bwahaha

Yo. I'm a new spriter, just started for fun. I made 5 recolors and 1 fusion. Check this fusion out.

Capture.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Cool View Post
    Yo. I'm a new spriter, just started for fun. I made 5 recolors and 1 fusion. Check this fusion out.

Capture.PNG
    It's not a bad concept. The (our left) arm is odd though. It's... bent? in an odd way. The (our right) arm isn't mad though,
    Overall it's decent for a first fusion.
    ~SIGNATURE~
    Coming Soon To A Theater Near You!

Ty B|

absol_sprite_by_propokemon-d6rli24.png

Just made this sprite some hours ago. Don't know what it is.

EDIT: Why does the link appear on Serebii and not the picture of my sprite?

I made this one too:

Made these too:

Ooh a spriter's lounge. Perhaps some of you will appreciate this I finished yesterday (fletchling was posted on XY sprite thread so some of you may recognize it).

fletchling_and_fletchinder_by_shirukiba-d6so257.png
    1547-5713-0450

This is my first sprite, I hope you like it. I fused alakazam and scizor. (as you could probably tell) i.imgur.com/amkQFM7.png?1

Quote Originally Posted by karl3550 View Post
    This is my first sprite, I hope you like it. I fused alakazam and scizor. (as you could probably tell) i.imgur.com/amkQFM7.png?1
    For a first sprite this is amazing. It blends smoothly and the parts are placed on a clever manner.
    I hope you are going to check out the GWSC because it is a great way to get into spriting (at least for me. it's the way I learned all my spriting skills ^^)

ps: Welcome to the forum! I hope you like it here and if you have any problems you can always Pm me

I did see the GWSC I came on here just for that :P. And thank you, always good to see someone from my own country helping me. (yeah I'm from belgium too) But i just took 2 sprite grabbed some parts, placed them, gave them the same color as the main body and it was done. I just did this to get to know how to do spriting and learn how to work with.

I did see the GWSC I came on here just for that :P. And thank you, always good to see someone from my own country helping me. (yeah I'm from belgium too) But i just took 2 sprite grabbed some parts, placed them, gave them the same color as the main body and it was done. I just did this to get to know how to do spriting and learn how to work with.
    Another one from Belgium. Awesome ^^
    It looked like a good first try. I think the best way to learn it is just to practice. At the beginning I didn't read much tutorials, I just tried until it looked good(-ish )

Revamped Mewtwo.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Cool View Post

Revamped Mewtwo.
    Revamping does not mean just changing colours, but also editing proportions, pose, and structure. This pose and structure is highly uncharacteristic for Mewtwo in this generation.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Well as i can't seam to actually be able to reply i'll post a new sprite (i know it's against the rules but it won't let me do anything else so)
    Here is the first fusion i made with more than 2 sprites it's made out of Seaking, Gliscor and Dialga. i.imgur.com/JeblEQ7.png?1

Well as i can't seam to actually be able to reply i'll post a new sprite (i know it's against the rules but it won't let me do anything else so)
    Here is the first fusion i made with more than 2 sprites it's made out of Seaking, Gliscor and Dialga. i.imgur.com/JeblEQ7.png?1
    One of the main things it is lacking is black, and generally darker, borders. Look where the chin meets the upper torso. It is difficult to determine where one ends and the other starts. The same with the lower body and where the legs begin.

Parts of the shading also lack clarity, such as around the upper legs. Compare this area to the Dialga legs, and you may see my point. By adding a little more shading in the right areas, you can greatly enhance the depth and detail of your sprite.

On a more positive note though, the creativity and imagination behind the sprite is certainly something to be proud of. I think the idea behind the sprite makes up for a lot of the technicalities I mentioned. This is definitely a good sprite for your first 3-Pokémon fusion.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

How do I animate a sprite back to it's normal animation after I recolor it?

Quote Originally Posted by Megahound View Post
    How do I animate a sprite back to it's normal animation after I recolor it?
    You'd have to recolour each individual frame in order to do that. This is a Youtube tutorial a fellow Serebii member made a while back, which helped me a great deal. You'd need to download GIMP first though, for this particular tutorial.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    You'd have to recolour each individual frame in order to do that. This is a Youtube tutorial a fellow Serebii member made a while back, which helped me a great deal. You'd need to download GIMP first though, for this particular tutorial.
    Ah, thanks.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast