Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Spriter's Lounge

a lot of these sprites look really good. i'd like to try sprite making myself. does anyone know what tools and skills you need?
    LONG LIVE TEAM MAGMA!
    *a proud member of the Ring Of Fire! [FP: 45]
    We'll miss you, THT!
    Shinies found:Trevenant, Numel, Hypno, and Relicanth , Huntail
    Up next: Suggestions?
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the UserBar, credit to nintendo for team magma grunt image

Just normal Paint is enough. Zoom in and you can change every Pixel. Find sprites on internet and you're good to go!

Up for my next one:

Btw, has anyone noticed how odd Beautifly looks without it wings? Same counts for Mothim btw
    VM or PM to join, members are always appreciated
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Made by Cloneydew2000 ((click to go to his page))
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

thanks, i'll give it a try.
    LONG LIVE TEAM MAGMA!
    We'll miss you, THT!
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the UserBar, credit to nintendo for team magma grunt image

In support of France, which is like a second home country to me, I redirected thirty minutes of studying time to make this simple edit. Do feel free to use for whatever purpose, if so desired.
    Last edited by Bert; 10th January 2015 at 2:56 PM.

It looks great Bert! And any sort of support for what happened in Paris is nice!
    The scratched pencil looks great!

Thank you! I'm rather happy with it as well, although I originally tried to give the pencil the same, more outward perspective/pose as the original piece of timber, but that didn't work out so I went for the 'flat' look.

I was working on some custom trainer VS sprites for a friend of mine- tell me what you think.
    PS- 99.9% of this is scratch work btw. And hands are hard for me so...

-Edit note- I made myself a photobucket, and I will admit they look way nicer now. Also added in another sprite and the first two have been slightly modified.
    Last edited by HM02gon; 22nd January 2015 at 1:17 AM.
    I have quite a few shinies. Here are the ones I remember.
    (MM)(X2) (goomy)
    (Chain)
    (RE)
    (Hoarde)

They look 99% great to me (I'm not an expert on trainer/VS sprites though). The hands look pretty good, but I'm especially fond of the eys on the girl, they look great. her hair is also very well shaded, something I'm really bad at myself. However, I would darken all the non-black parts of the outline a bit, personally.

Also, something went wrong with the IMG tags again. The image shows up to me as downsized and a bit blurry, but when I copy/pasted it into my program it looked fine again. :/ I'd consider changing to photobucket or something for your sprites, as I think your current one has some sort of size restrictions for img posting.

Yeah I experience the same thing. Maybe it is because of the uploading-site. Try using imgur or photobucket.
    The scratch looks really nice. The poses look really pokémon-y and I love the color choice (certainly the girl's clothes).
    I think the shading in the face good use a little bit of work. Because I don't have much experience with trainer sprites, it is difficult to comment with actually editing it (and trying stuff out), but I think the thing that bothers me are the noses.

This was a while back, but this is my first pokemon retype that's not gwsc-related:

Luvdisc: Water > Dark/Ghost. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Ryger Vandell; 25th January 2015 at 1:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryger Vandell View Post
    This was a while back, but this is my first pokemon retype that's not gwsc-related:

The black stuff (which I am assuming is dust or something) seems to be a little... two dimensional. Not sure how to change that, but... Otherwise, I like it.

You should add some darker red under where the gray stuff comes out to give the look that it's coming out sideways from its body thus casting a shadow
    I have quite a few shinies. Here are the ones I remember.
    (MM)(X2) (goomy)
    (Chain)
    (RE)
    (Hoarde)

here's my first try at one (it's more of a modification, really)
    i inversed the colors on Tabitha's uniform (R/S/E), and added a scarf/mask concealing the face.
    then, i set a location preview (cerulean cave) image from FR/LG in the background
    LONG LIVE TEAM MAGMA!
    We'll miss you, THT!

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    The black stuff (which I am assuming is dust or something) seems to be a little... two dimensional. Not sure how to change that, but... Otherwise, I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HM02gon View Post
    You should add some darker red under where the gray stuff comes out to give the look that it's coming out sideways from its body thus casting a shadow
    I made some changes to what you guys said

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMango95 View Post
    i inversed the colors on Tabitha's uniform (R/S/E), and added a scarf/mask concealing the face.
    then, i set a location preview (cerulean cave) image from FR/LG in the background
    Please don't use .jpg when spriting. it ruins the quality of the image.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMango95 View Post
    * Don't re-size, it distorts the sprite.
    * Never save in .JPG or .JPEG, always .PNG, 'cuz in these formats it might lose quality.

Aside from that, it's not a bad sprite, keep training (:

I made some changes to what you guys said

hmm, dunno, it looks better but still don't look like a ghost imo
    Last edited by ,Ex; 29th January 2015 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ,Ex View Post
    * Don't re-size, it distorts the sprite.
    * Never save in .JPG or .JPEG, always .PNG, 'cuz in these formats it might lose quality.

Aside from that, it's not a bad sprite, keep training (:
    thanks for the advice, i'll try to upload it with that in mind.
    LONG LIVE TEAM MAGMA!
    We'll miss you, THT!

Hi people.
    I recently found this subforum. Most of the sprites look really great and it got me to try something myself. Below is my first Pokemon fusion which looks like some freaky cactus in a dress. xD
    How is it?

(sorry for the size but for some reason the image uploading services didn't keep clean pixels when I uploaded it in the original size and it got all blurry...)
    It consists of Bellossom, Shroomish and Magnemite. I used their Platinum sprites.
    Last edited by Hasty Jynx; 17th February 2015 at 11:00 AM.

That's actually a pretty creative fusion! Using Shroomish as a dress is kinda clever and I love the colors. A few technicalities though: the outline around the 'magnets' is kinda fubar. Basically there is way too much contrast between the dark parts and the light parts and the light parts are too light. Additionally, I'd darken the outline on the flowers a little bit as well.

But really, as a first fusion? I'm pretty impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    That's actually a pretty creative fusion! Using Shroomish as a dress is kinda clever and I love the colors. A few technicalities though: the outline around the 'magnets' is kinda fubar. Basically there is way too much contrast between the dark parts and the light parts and the light parts are too light. Additionally, I'd darken the outline on the flowers a little bit as well.

But really, as a first fusion? I'm pretty impressed.
    Hehe, thanks for your kind words and critic. Yeah, I thought that too about the "magnets", I kinda rushed when I was finishing it up with the magnet part. True about the flowers, I should have better used the darker brown of the Shroomish part.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415