Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Spriter's Lounge

Check out my beautiful PMD scene:

Those crooks finally got put in their place. By the way, I didn't know the guild had a prison. How convenient.

^ Click this for good times ^

how abot a sprite that's not a pokemon neither human?

Here are some of my old fusions:

Sorry about white backgrounds, I was a noob when I made those. Hydrio seems a little too tall...

Here's my very first fusion:

And now, I present to you... Panloam and Similoam!

My entry to an old sprite contest. A grass retype. One of my best works, in my opinion.

^ That's one of my more recent works, so it doesn't have a background.
    Last edited by Gelatino95; 28th August 2011 at 2:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Check out my beautiful PMD scene:

Those crooks finally got put in their place. By the way, I didn't know the guild had a prison. How convenient.
    It doesn't.

Spoiler:- Warning! Story Spoiler!:

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    It doesn't.

I'm pretty sure they know it doesn't, they were making up their own story.

anyway I made this recolor and when I was putting a glow around it I decided to take the glow to the next level. Did I take it too far? Also, which green looks better?

Its one pixel layer too thick. Otherwise, they're pretty good.

my first ten sprites

The Deino one was the first one I made, I feel that there is too many pokemon added in the mix, since it's kinda hard to recognize all the pokemon used.

the next one, I was more happy with, leaning strongly to granbull, but still have enough dusknoir in it to be interesting

the third on I had a little hard time placing the claws, but it turned out OK in the end

The next one looks pretty silly, put IMO it's in a good way

number five is a little worse, you clearly see that shiftry is in there, but the other pokemon is pretty anonymous in this mix, the colours turned out all right though

I had a hard time deciding if this one hould have eyes or yellow dots, decided on eyes and I'm happy with the result

This one was pretty hard to do, but it turned out all right

I really am pleased with how this one turned out, andshrews eyes really makes raticate look feral

the next one first had wings, but I edited them out, because they just looked awkward

on the next one, I really tried a lot of pokemon with darkrai, but I couldn't find any good, settled with lucario, and I am happy with the result

just a simple recolor, nothing special really

and last, but not least, the pokemon trainer sprite representing myself, just a slightly different leafgreen/firered guitarist, but I am happy with it

C&C please

I like them, they all flow and fit nicely. The one with Mr. Mime bugs me a little...

So I guess its my turn to show off some stuff.

Made this as a request in my shop. I really like how it turned out.

Another request. Sceptile, Hydreigon, and Charizard.

Simple devamp.

One of my favorite retypes.

Steel and Fighting retype.

Umbreon and Dragonite fusion.

Fusion of Ampharos and Medicham.

A simple recolor; My first.

1st Gen Red/Blue Golbat revamp.

My second favorite retype.

2nd gen lickitung revamp.

Metagross devamp.

Muk and Omastar fuse.

Dragonite recolor.

Marshal and Gigalith fuse.

Me.

Wait, since when are you allowed to post 2935239 sprites in one post?
    Anyways, I find glows really, really, tacky. They distract from the real sprite imo.
    gone.

You'll never gues what I've made.

That's right, it's a sprite.

I've revamped:

into:

Scyther is one of those pokemon that's started off completely badass yet seemingly lost it over the years. Especially for a RB sprite, scyther had one of the best poses in pokemon history, even if it is somewhat of an anatomical nightmare.
    Will-Powered Spriter

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post

I've revamped:

into:

Scyther is one of those pokemon that's started off completely badass yet seemingly lost it over the years. Especially for a RB sprite, scyther had one of the best poses in pokemon history, even if it is somewhat of an anatomical nightmare.
    The king has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by StonE EdgE View Post

Steel and Fighting retype.
    Probably would have worked better with many more highlights and more layers of shading. Metal texture is really not that hard to make, you just have to include a ton of layers and really bright highlights. Look at other steel types for examples.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    It doesn't.

I knew that, I was just being silly.

A Victini that was completely done from scratch, sans the colours. The ears took forever to do. :/

Its very well done Enel, but I think the shading on parts as his right arm and head and ears might be a little underdone, si tu comprends, and I'm not sure if the shading on the legs do for me, but this might just be my vision of it. But if its all ffrom scratch, that's very good indeed, I love its positioning. Continue de meme mon homme.
    Last edited by martinzelda; 2nd September 2011 at 6:10 PM.
    Credits to blackacer for my signature. Good man.

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post

I've revamped:

into:

I don't really like the revamp to be honest. While there are obvious things that need to be changed when revamping a sprite, I think you changed to many things too much, and it doesn't really resemble the old sprite.

The older sprite made it looks like scyther was flying down and striking at his prey, but the new one kind of looks like scyther stumbling on his left leg.

The new head's position being almost impossible(and turned at an angle way more then the original) is what kind of turns me off from it the most.

All that said, its still a nice sprite, but like you said the older sprites have that added awesomeness, and I feel that this newer one kind of loses it just like most of the other newer sprites.(although I like the hg/ss sprite)

Some fakemon sprites:

(second is shiny) If anybody has any pro tips for me, I would appreciate it. I want my sprites to be as good as possible.

Sprite I scratched to edit for this week's WSC. Thoughts?

Love the pose, Bystander! Very original.

My main issue is the fingers/hands and the white fur. The fingers are a little unreadable on our left hand, and the white fur looks flat because of a lack of shading.

I would shade the bottom of the fur a bit, and maybe lighten up your shading on the hand.

Our right leg also looks somewhat awkward, but anatomy's not my forte, so I'll leave that to someone more experienced.

Now that I notice it, the end of the fire could use some antialiasing, but that might just be me. Do you have an extra color to spare there?

DO NOT WORRY. I AM YOUR COMPATRIOT. WE ARE CONNECTED BY THE 1PX LINE OF FATE.

Sprite Resources
    Graphicsgale | TCoD Sprite Generator | My Tutorials

10 years of pixels and counting

Thanks for the crit, and I honestly didn't expect such a fast reply.

And yes I have to admit I rushed the hands and feet a little, I was trying to submit the finished sprite to the contest before I had to leave. And I really have no idea about the color limitations of the current gen sprites, so I just used the palette from it's official sprite.

CONCRIT NINJA STRIKES AGAIN!!!

Okay, zooming in it appears you'd have to have another color to be able to antialias it unless you made the color on the end of the flame yellow and AA'd it in orange. If you're going to edit it any I would extend part of the red into the orange on the end with a sort of squiggly motion... it's a bit hard to describe. If you need me to demonstrate I can make an edit.

Sprite Resources

I don't really understand what you mean but I'll give it a try...

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Some fakemon sprites:

(second is shiny) If anybody has any pro tips for me, I would appreciate it. I want my sprites to be as good as possible.
    Anybody want to not ignore my post?

I ignored your post, Gelatino, because frankly there's so much wrong with the sprite and design that it'd take me forever to type out an in-depth critique... oh well. Here goes.

1. What the hell is it? It doesn't look like a Pokemon (and you know how much I loathe hearing that, even from myself). It's a... spiked ball with as tail? Some sort of medieval purple flail? I really can't tell what your concept was. If it is based on a flail (which would be a cool idea for a Pokemon), give it more "known" features, like a chain "tail" (hey, it could be a spiked chain chomp or something).

The eyes aren't very Pokemon-esque either. They're sort of just red blobs right now. I think the closest you'd get from an official Pokemon is Cofagrigus:

2. The shading is just... wrong. Look at Jigglypuff for an example of how circles are shaded:

As for spikes, take a look at Torterra or Metang:

3. The spikes are uneven and just sort of awkward-looking. Our left spikes shouldn't be overlapping the body (rather, it'd be the other way around) and the right spikes shouldn't be that much bigger or smaller than the ones on the left.

4. Your colors. I'd recommend unless you really need custom colors, use the official Pokemon colors. They're a lot easier than making your own.
    For your non-shiny, I recommend Swalot's purple and Aron's silver.

5. B/W style usually only has two shades per color unless the subject in question is shiny metal, slimy skin, etc. Then another highlight might be used sparingly. On your sprite, I might use two shades on the purple and 3 on the silver.

I think that's it. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. I'm also going to add a link to my tutorials in my signature, so you can check that out for information on how I do things.

Sprite Resources

Cool. As for the design, it's a metal sea urchin with an anchor for a tail

Sounds interesting, actually. If it was my design I'd do something like this:

(Ignore the JPEG, I'm lazy)

Of course, that's just how I would do things. I would recommend making the spikes more numerous, though. That'll make it look more like a sea urchin.

Sprite Resources

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast