Thread: How to get adamant natured dragon dancing dragonite?

Default How to get adamant natured dragon dancing dragonite?

I asked this a while ago but I still don't understand completely. From research, here's what I've gathered so far on how to make this work.

-I need a Male Gyarados and a Female Dragonair.
    -The Male Gyarados must know Dragon Dance. (I'm going to delete off all of the other moves on Gyarados just in-case. I'll also delete all the moves off of Dragonair except for one.)

-I need to Put them both into the Daycare and then they will produce an egg. Since Gyarados is the father, his moves will have had passed down to the egg, making the Dratini have Dragon Dance.

Please explain thoroughly if that is wrong.

Now onto the nature, the confusing part for me.

Is there an item or something I can give to Gyarados to ensure that the egg will be Adamant Nature? I don't want to hatch 20 eggs just randomly trying to get it... I heard an Everstone would do the trick, but apparently that only works in Emerald, which I don't have access to. If the Gyarados was Adamant Natured, would the nature then pass to the egg?

Thank you.

Edit: Cmon someone reply please!
    Last edited by LimeSoda; 24th July 2011 at 1:25 AM.

Your basically right about passing Dragon Dance to a Dratini, except that the mother doesn't have to be a Dragonair. A Dratini will work just as well.

You don't need to worry about the other moves the parents might know. The offspring will pick up moves in this order, with any new ones overwriting the old ones:

Level 1 moves.
    Moves that the child learns by level up, if both parents have them.
    Any compatible TMs, HMs and move tutor moves known by the father.
    Any egg moves known by the father.

Dratini get Leer and Wrap at birth. If there are any moves that it can learn later that BOTH parents know, then it will get them. If there are any TM, HM or move tutor moves that it can learn anyway and that the FATHER knows, then it will get them. If there isn't enough room for them, then it will lose however many moves it needs to make room. And finally, if there are any egg moves (like Dragon Dance) that it can learn and that the FATHER knows, it will get them, and if necessary, it will lose other moves to make room for them. So it's absolutely guaranteed to get Dragon Dance no matter what, plus it'll get whatever other moves it can pick up. I don't see any TM moves that might be on your Gyarados that would be particularly nice on a Dratini, but both Gyarados and Dratini/Dragonair can learn Twister and Dragon Rage, so you might put them on. The Dratini will learn both of them in time anyway, but it's nice to have them right from the beginning. At least they're better then Leer and Wrap.

Now - regarding nature, there's not a lot you can do. The Everstone trick only works with whatever nature the female has. If it's holding an Everstone, then there's a 50% chance that the offspring will get that nature, whatever that nature is. If your female Dratini/Dragonair is Adamant already, then you're fine - otherwise you're probably better off trying to get a baby with Adamant than trying to catch a female with Adamant.

The first thing to do when you put them in Daycare is get rid of everything else in your party other than a Slugma. Both of Slugma's abilities - Flame Body or Magma Armor - "incubate" any eggs you're carrying and make them hatch twice as fast. Then get on the bike, since you can cover ground faster that way and everything depends on how many steps you take. But now you run into a problem with FRLG - the island with the Daycare on it (Four Island) is small, and there aren't any good places to ride around and cover a lot of ground. I generally do laps around the houses there - it's a bit small, but it's about the best you can do. And once I get the couple into daycare, I just let them go and let them keep producing eggs, and I keep hatching them until I get what I want. And yeah - it can be tedious, but there's really no good way around it. Just keep picking up new eggs from the old man and keep hatching them until you get the one you want. That's about the best you can do.

Thank you very much. I haven't gotten the Dratini yet that will be the mother, and I guess I will SR until I get a Female Adamant Nature one from the Game Corner. Might take 20-30 minutes but it's better than catching one at the safari zone. I'm currently training the Gyarados to level 50 to get DD also.

I won't forget about putting the everstone on the mother either by the way.

Mod can lock now, I won't close however just because of the possibility someone else could have different information. (no offence)

Mmm....

Might be a good thing this is still open....

In looking into this some more, I think it is true that you can only do the Everstone trick in Emerald or later (it's also possible that the Slugma trick only works in Emerald and later too). I'm not sure though - I've seen conflicting information on that. I'm about to go test it out in my Leaf Green and see.....

Alright, please reply when you find out the answer! I'm still training my Gyarados, it's level 40 now.

In looking into this some more, I think it is true that you can only do the Everstone trick in Emerald or later (it's also possible that the Slugma trick only works in Emerald and later too).
    This is correct - Emerald brough in the additional breeding stuff such as the Everstone thing.

Answered so closed. If you have any other questions please use the Help/FAQ thread sticky at the top of the section, and the 3rd Gen General Discussion section's FAQ has a egg move breeding guide in it too full of what can be bred onto what Pokemon for each one.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.