Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How old were you when you started playin pokemon?

I started playing Pokemon when I was around 10 or 11 years old when the games first came out in 1999 (I am now 22 years old) and I still play. I never stopped because it was 'uncool' as I never care much about what people thought. I will always be playing Pokemon even when I'm 100, haha.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress:

Trainer Name: Mayflower

Like 4. whenever Red came out

I got my first ever copy of pokemon yellow for my 6th birthday. I ended up letting a kid beat it for me and i then traded it to him for some lame wario game. I really started playing when i was 8. I got red and crystal plus a brand new Game boy color. Ive played through the story of every main game too. I never stoped playing unless i didnt have the system i needed to play.
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

I was ten years old and my First Pokemon Game was Red version, then when Gold and Silver came out I enjoyed play Silver a lot due to Lugia before the elite four. I watch the anime but now not so much.

When I was 7. When my parents split up my dad went to live with this woman who had a son, who played pokemon. I was intruged by the game he was playing (Crystal) so he lent me Gold as my first game.

We did a lot of battling too By the time emerald came out, I was better than him. MWAHAHAHA!
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

I started playing when I was 15.

Oh and I am 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Weez1990 View Post
    Before I die, I would like to live

Well I remember getting Blue for my 7th birthday in 1999

So yeah, seven.

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

My first game was Gold. I got it for Christmas in 2001 when I was about 6 years old, however it took me a while to actually like the game because I didn't know how to leave the house at the start
    Running for the thrill of it

When I was 5, way back in the day.
    BLAH

I guess I was around 4 years old or something. Not 100% sure.
    Pokémon Breeder EmZ
    Giving Away 3-4IV Pokémon Leftover from Breeding for Free!
    Just send me a PM if interested!

Currently Giving Away

Friend Safari type: Fighting
    Pokémon: Pancham

I had watched the anime since I was four or five, but started playing the games with LeafGreen. I really loved that game, and played it for so long. I got Diamond around its release date and have been buying the games ever since.

I was 9 when I first watched the anime. My very first game was pokemon red which I played when I was 11.

Credit for the banner goes to T-B0ne27

I think i was somewhere between 6-8 when i got given blue and silver, ad beside a 1 year lapse 2 years ago i havent stopped playing since

I was 1 when I got my gold game

My first pokemon game wad Diamond. I was 7 years old.

I am 20 and have been playing since the start of Pokemon in North America. That would make me what? 5 at the time? Anyways, I played through Blue, Red, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, and Sapphire until I was 12 or 13 and then stopped because I just got out of playing video games in general and wanted to spend more time with my friends. And I found boys.

Then one day with my fiancee, about 3 years ago, we saw his sister playing his old Ruby version and I was like "I wanna play my old game now." Well, I went to play my Sapphire game and ended up turning it off because you can't see what you are playing without a lot of light (darned then Advance screens!!). So I just never played my old games even if I wanted to.

Christmas comes around and my fiancee gets a slightly used DS Lite from his grandma. He finds out that Diamond and Pearl are out. So me and him make a decision to go get them. So I went and bought a pink DS Lite just for pokemon and that is all I ever use my DS for. Oh and the addiction to pokemon is back in my blood!

I now have Diamond, whereas he has Pearl. We both have Platinum. I have SS, where he has HG. I have White and he has Black. He supports me and my poke addiction. Now I would say thats a keeper.

From this day on, I will buy pokemon games (the main ones) until they stop making them. Oh and in regards to the anime- I'm watching all the episodes online while shiny hatching to catch up. Gotta catch em all!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. ? 6. 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #5- ? & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

I first got into Pokemon when I was 4 in JR Kindergarten. I remember my older brother playing Yellow Version and Crystal, but I just watched. I was mainly into the Anime not the games. When the 3rd Gen came out once again I knew all of the Pokemon but I never really played too much. I knew how to just I watched instead. I can't remember the first game I actually started by my self and beat but it was probably 3 or 4 years ago.

I was three. I remember standing in WalMart with my Dad, and he told me to pick out a game and a system. I choose the adorable little Pokemon Yellow Version. And a Purple Gameboy to go with it. I still have both on them, and they still work. I find myself digging my SP and that game out of my collection from time to time. I acquired Blue and Red soon after, at age four. I've never quit playing, and it's been fourteen years. I have every version, and every system. Pokemon FTW!!!!

I'm also a senior in High School this year, and am very excited to be carrying a Pikachu BackPack.
    I am not a 'he'.

Copy and Paste into sig if you had the patience to catch a feebas legit once!! - Started by Claus351
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2pyvvjl.gif[/IMG] Licky by Pokemon Player! Lick... Lick... Lick...
        Spoiler:- Images found at:

I as 8.I started playing silver in 2003

I was six when I started while my brother was four...
    Betelgueseshipper for life Yo!

I was nine. I was actually kinda late getting into it; I didn't start playing until summer of '99, and most of the people in my class had already started getting into it long before that.

I even had a chance to get it earlier. There was a Mario game I was looking for, and my dad and I could find it in any stores. So he said "How about you just get this Pokemon game?" and I was like "No, I don't want the Pokemon game, I want the Mario game. >.>

It makes me laugh to think back on it. xD

~Chibi~

Ever wondered what would happen if humans had the power to overthrow the Legendaries? To either use them for their own ends, or eliminate them altogether? One thing is for certain...the balance between human and Legendary is unstable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8/30/12: CHAPTER 7: “Into the Fire” POSTED!!!
    Chapter 8 progress: 9/12 pages

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Eagle View Post
    My first pokemon game wad Diamond. I was 7 years old.
    same here.

Concealment | "Hiding One's Eyes
    Trade Page // DarkFlameShipping // Deeper Deeper
    Claimed Kyogre Since July 20th, 2011

Some time after Pokemon yellow came out. I think I was about 11 years old.
    My 3DS/XY Friend Code: 4768-8678-8659

I don't remember exactly, maybe 8 or 9 when I got Yellow. My parents didn't let me have a Gameboy for a long time because they said it was too expensive.

I was so jealous of the other kids at school. -_-
    ~If you have noticed this notice, you will notice this notice is not worth noticing~
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    My Platinum team
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    ♫ Nah nah, nah nah neh nah NAAAAAAAAH ♫ -best bit in the original Kanto trainer battle theme.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast