Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How old were you when you started playin pokemon?

I got into Pokemon around 1st or 2nd grade, when we were all playing the cards. In 3rd grade, I got a DS lite (which was then new) and PMD Blue.

^Credit to RulerOfUnova

I started in 2004. I was 6. My first game was gold I got at a pawn shop. Then colosseum. Fire red after that.6
    3DS Friend Code: 3780-9421-5420

I started when I was 7. I remember the day when I opened one of my christmas presents and found the Pokemon Yellow box inside!
    I've been playing for 11 years now, and i seem to learn something new about it everyday

Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3052 7862 0845

Shinies:

GTS -
    Current MM Mission - (173 eggs and counting)

Let's see, I started in Christmas 1999, so I was 7, almost 8. But I had been into the anime and TCG several years before then.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I think I was about 3 or 4. My cousin gave his Silver version. I was hooked ever since.
    MM Target:
    150 Eggs - On hold
    Ice cream made by Dynablade
    Userbar by Mew_ & -Sarah
    There's a Foongus Amoongus!

I started playing when I was 2. My older brother was really into Pokémon and allowed me to play his Yellow. Before that, I would watch the show a lot. According to my mom one of my first words were Charmander and Pikachu XD
    Kick butt - eat sandwich. :3

*I have claimed Muk! All stench belongs to me!*

Emerald:
    HG:
    White:

I have finally encountered and caught a shiny Pokémon after 12 years of playing! I caught a shiny Chinchou while Underwater Sootopolis City on the 3rd of June, 2011.

Gee, I think I remember watchin' the anime at age 2 or somethin'.When did I get into it?Meh, 2 years ago.When did I start playing?1 year ago.-_-;
    But you have to admit, for a part-time Nazi

He's freaking hot.

I really don't remember how old was I but i played
    fire red completed the game then stopped playing it
    ruby sane as fire red
    emerald sane as fire red
    Pearl kept on going but my sis wanted to play it D;
    platinum my brother is restarting it again
    Heartgold restart it just to catch 2 pokemon then keep on playing
    black keep on going ^_^
    No.

I'm 20, and have been playing (I think) since I was 9, which would have been 1999. I started with Blue Version, and also got Yellow Version, though that seemed to vanish sometime in the early 00's.

I remember renting pokemon Silver weeks before it actually came out from a local shop who had copies. I was absolutely hooked. The annying thing was, I never actually owned a game from that gen, My brother had Silver and it was thought there was no need for me to have the same with gold, and I couldn't afford a game myself back then. My Sister also had Crystal. Thankfully they both let me play on the games, and it was around this time I discovered emulators, so I played on a pc.

It was also around this time I was introduced to the Trading Card Game by a friend. And I still play that to this day, though I don't have anyone to play with, so I have to essentially make do with the old TCG Gameboy game nowadays.

there then seemed a bit of a lul in my pokemoning activities, untill around 2004, when I borrowed a magazine of my mate. this magazine had a hugge ruby/sapphire feature and I started to fall in love with the game again. I ended up getting a GBA and Sapphire that Christmas. But inevitably as time went on and I was 15/16 I ended up playing less and less.

then during my first year in college, I found an mobile phone emulator with crystal. Someone on the bus spotted me playing it, and to my surprise, instead of people taking the mick, everyone was asking for it to be sent to their phones, and was like a huge nostalgia trip. I then met a guy in music tech who had the new games, and I watched him play, and he introduced me to serebii.net, and reading all there was to read really rekindled my passion. So I ended up getting a DS (the year there was a huge shortage too, me and my girlfriend got the last one in Argos on the afternoon of Christmas eve), and pearl version. It was without doubt the best game, at least in terms of pokemon, I'd ever played.
    Then things got competitive, my mate stated teaching me about EV's, IV's, STAB, battle tactics, physical, vs Special move sets, basically stuff I'd never paid attention to before. And then I basically spent my time building up a team, until (about 600 hours of gameplay later) I beat him. But another friend had a group of friends he hung around with who always played, so I was fortuanate, that there was pretty much always someone around to battle me. which when your 17/18 and at college, I think is quite lucky on my part. I also got Platinum, but it just wasn't the same as playing through pearl for the first time after so long of not playing, so I only racked up a few hundred hours before I essentially gave up on it.

I then turned to the ranger series, which where a fun, if not forgettable time filler whilst waiting for the next games.

And then black/white came out.
    And to be honest I probably haven't played for months now. which is a shame, but I guess life is just getting in the way at the moment. But I'm sure once it comes to revision, and procrastination sets in, I'll go back to them again lol.

So there's my completely unnecessary and pointless story about my pokemon history.

Can't remember exactly, I was probably around ten or so, maybe a little bit younger. I can only remember that I had played for a few years before 2003, when R/S were released.
    Δ

Forget about the words I said
    They were just the voices in my head
    I don't have to listen to them anymore

i was like 4 and watched the shows, then i got into the games, ect.

I think that I was six.

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

I think I was 10 years old.

The year it came out, when I was 10.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

I was 10 when I started Sapphire. It was around the time Diamond and Pearl was just coming out.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

I was 3 and i knew how to play the games cause I'm awesome.(Yeah right)
    Special thanks to Sworn Metalhead for the epic banner.

I think around when I was 7 when Gold/Silver came out. I got Silver while my sister got Gold with a Game Boy Advance.
    Our brother had started playing pokemon before us though. But my Silver and GBA was stolen in 3rd Grade.
    Now today my brother isn't really into pokemon anymore but I still am.
    I got almost every game except for the games for the bigger systems.
    I love playing my Black version!
    POKEMON Y
    IGN Name: Tetsuya
    Pokedex: 602 Seen | 522 Caught

My Current Favorite Y Obtained Shinies

Yaoi | Kurogane | Syaoran | Nanase | Aomine | Dan

Latest Shiny: Floatzel

Spoiler:- Claim & FC and Friend Safari:

Lol let me clear me up a little bit.
    I was 3 when I started playing Sapphire. I saw that my brother was playing it, so I thought( this game must pretty fking cool.)
    So I got it, and I been in love with pokemon ever since.
    I hope I never forget about pokemon.
    Special thanks to Sworn Metalhead for the epic banner.

I was about 7 when I got the Japanese version of Green.

I was 12 when I played Gold, Blue and Silver. I played Ruby when it came out, but then kinda lost interest and played on and off for a few years till two years ago, when I got hooked again.

I think I was around 5 or 6. My older brother introduced it to me.

The only thing that can beat a dragon...is another dragon. And ice. Oh, and fairies too.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I was about 12 when I first started playing Pokemon (imported an American copy of Yellow in 1999)

It was such a long time ago now that it depresses me to think about it... ;__;

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

when i was in 4th grade . . . probably 9. my sister gave me her old games, and pokemon was one of them. Memories.......

Less than ten years old. I think.
    A loyal servant of Albert Wesker, and the master of sandviches.
    No, not Jill sandviches. Sorry.

My scroll in Dragon Cave. Go and click my babies, will ya?

I have officially claimed Yanma.
    GYHAHAHAHAHAHA! Bryan Fury is MINE!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast