I've had some success with this set on pokémon online:
Clefable @Toxic Orb/Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EV's: 252 HP, 140 Def, 116 Sp.D
- Cosmic Power
- Belly Drum/Stored Power
- Double-Edge/Meteor Mash
- This set is basically set up as much as possible, moonlight is slashed as it may be difficult to obtain softboiled (3rd gen move tutor).
- Meteor Mash is there for coverage over ghost-dark types that would completely wall this set with immunities (it also has the 10% chance of raising your attack), if it had Stored Power and Double-Edge. However Double Edge does provide much more power, 180(+STAB) instead of 100.
- If you are running belly drum however Meteor Mash is the best option for the attacking move slot, as it faces no immunities (just shaky accuracy).
- Toxic Orb is to stop any of the more annoying status problems to Clefable, sleep and paralysis mainly, with Magic Guard obviously stopping any damage from the poison.
- Leftovers is slashed to make it more bulky, and Life Orb provides a bit more power.
- The nature and EV spread is just to make it as bulky as possible on both sides.
- This set, like any other belly drumming set, can be really helped by team-mates with Memento, or others that can force switches, take out counters, etc.
- On the note of counters, users of Taunt, Phazers, Encore, and of course Trick can all stop this set (and others similarly based on non-attacking moves) before it’s had a chance to set up.
Last edited by FRmaster; 27th July 2011 at 1:13 PM.
Pearl FC: 0989 6928 1783
Platinum FC: 5113 0442 6763
SoulSilver FC: 2493 6541 6845
Black FC: 2794 9802 9639