Clefable@Life Orb
    Impish nature
    Magic Guard
    252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sp. Def
    ~Double-Edge
    ~ThunderPunch
    ~Ice Punch
    ~SoftBoiled

Clefable's base Attack stat of 70 is none too impressive. In spite of that, however, there's not much other than Ghost-types, Rock-types, or Steel-types that will like being on the recieving end of a STAB and Life Orb-boosted Double-Edge, especially when the user isn't taking a single hit point of recoil damage. ThunderPunch and Ice Punch make up the dreaded BoltBeam combo's physical counterpart. SoftBoiled is, of course, for easy HP recovery.

The ability of choice? Magic Guard, hands down. Unaware is a useful ability, but Clefable looooves its recoil-free Life Orb Double-Edges. Not even at gunpoint should you consider using a Clefable with Cute Charm. Well, OK, maybe at gunpoint. Depends on how serious the person with the gun is about such a strange demand.

FacadeFable
    Clefable@Toxic Orb
    Adamant nature
    Magic Guard
    252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sp. Def
    ~Facade
    ~Softboiled
    ~Ice Punch
    ~Trick/Belly Drum/Brick Break

Magic Guard comes in handy once more, allowing Clefable to poison itself with Toxic Orb without incurring the damage that comes with it. Facade, under the influence of the bad poison, reaches a base power of 140- and that's without STAB! Softboiled is for the damage Clefable is likely to take from its opponents. Ice Punch is so ghosts don't totally wall you. And, as has been the case for many Pokémon in the past, 4-moveslot syndrome rears its ugly head. Clefable can run several moves in that last slot. Trick allows Clefable to foist its Toxic Orb upon an unsuspecting foe (and with luck acquire a Life Orb in the process), thereby badly poisoning them. Belly Drum allows Clefable to maximize its otherwise iffy Attack stat, but this WILL damage Clefable, so be careful. Brick Break is good if you're worried about freakin' Steel-types. Normal+Ice doth not good coverage make.

Again, Magic Guard is the obvious choice here, as it prevents the damage from the poisoning from the Toxic Orb.

TankFable
    Clefable@Flame Orb
    Modest nature
    Magic Guard
    252 HP/200 Def/52 Sp. Def/4 Sp. Atk
    ~Cosmic Power
    ~Stored Power
    ~Softboiled
    ~Trick/Bestow/Fling

If only Clefable got Psycho Shift, this would be for all intents and purposes identical to Sigilyph. And I know for a fact that Sigilyph with a set like this can and most likely will cause complete and utter chaos. Anyway, Cosmic Power ups Clefable's defensive stats, allowing it to take hits like a tank. Stored Power gains power from said defensive boosts, allowing Clefable to hit like a tank. Softboiled restores Clefable's health so it can continue to take hits and dish 'em out like a tank. And the last move is up to you, but they all serve the same purpose- burn the opponent. Sigilyph achieves this with Psycho Shift, but as I stated earlier, Clefable was not blessed with that option. So in this case (barring getting an opportunity to use Trick a second time), this last move will be a one-off burn. The Flame Orb also burns Clefable, protecting it from more debilitating status, such as paralysis and freeze.

Magic Guard. 'Nuff said.

WeatherFable
    Clefable@Life Orb
    Modest nature
    Magic Guard
    252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/4 Sp. Def
    ~Thunder
    ~SolarBeam
    ~Fire Blast
    ~Softboiled

Weather you like it or not, weather is a large part of today's competitive battling scene. This Clefable set was slapped together with that in mind. Thunder fries the Water-types of an opposing rain team. SolarBeam and Fire Blast take advantage of the sun. Softboiled... well... you know the drill by now. Also useful on your own sun or rain team, and a nasty little surprise should your opponent change your sun to rain, or vice versa. As a bonus, Magic Guard (in addition to preventing Life Orb recoil) stops Clefable from being damaged by Hail or Sandstorms.

HaxFable
    Clefable@Leftovers
    Adamant nature
    Magic Guard
    252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
    ~Thunder Wave
    ~Swagger
    ~Headbutt
    ~Softboiled

We've all had that moment where a Glare/Headbutt Dunsparce swept our teams. Well, not me. I was usually on the other end of such sweeps. But I digress. Between the paralysis of Thunder Wave, the confusion from Swagger, and the flinch chance from Headbutt, good luck with your opponent being able to strike back. Almost completely walled by Ghost-types (I say almost because of confusion damage), but nothing's perfect. Softboiled is obvious.

I was considering recommending Unaware for this set, but it would be illegal with Headbutt. Magic Guard.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Since I'm bored, I'll post a couple more sets.

GravityFable
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk and HP, 4 Def
    @: Life Orb

Gravity
    Thunder
    Blizzard
    Fire Blast/Focus Blast

I quote Adam Savage from Mythbusters: "Gravity man, it's not just a good idea. IT'S THE LAW!" With this set, it's true.

GimmickFable
    Nature: Not really sure which to use
    EVs: again, not exactly sure
    @: Leftovers/Life Orb

Stealth Rock
    Hyper Beam
    Fake Tears
    Shadow Ball

You know this is the biggest gimmick of all time when Hyper Beam is on a set. I know Hyper Beam is a stupid move and should never be used, but the idea is to put this behind dual screens first. Use Stealth Rock next, then Fake Tears. If they switch in fear of Fake Tears, they'll get hurt by SR. If not, they take a Hyper Beam to the face. Because you are behind dual screens, the hit you take while Hyper Beam makes Clefable vulnerable will be lighter. Again, this is something that just came to mind and I doubt it will be decent, but I just thought about it.
    I claim Buizel.

"A 6-letter word for deceptive appearance..."
    Stats: Impish, 100 to HP and both defenses, rest in Attack
    Item: Toxic Orb
    Moves: Protect, Facade, Meteor Mash, Stealth Rock

Basically, Protect to activate Toxic Orb and to scout, Facade for Status+STAB, Meteor Mash/Iron Tail for Attack buffs/Defense debuffs and Rock Types, Stealth Rock and flee if a Steel comes out. Not too terrible with backup, but dead if cornered.

In doubles/triples, have a Heal Pulse user to keep this 'fable from becoming another legend.

Backup
    Clefable has little going for it in stats. Nothing is at or above Base 100. That said, giving it a Baton Passed boost is profitable. As a support, 'fable can fill Blissey's role in a lesser capacity. As a fighter, 'fable is outclassed on raw power, but has broad coverage. As such, fill roles with 'fable instead of backing it up.

A Baton Pass recipient 'fable will be almost as good as a non-buffed Pokemon with better offense/defense. It already smokes Blissey in the Defense and Attack departments, so it could be quite profitable to use it as a pseudo-Physical Wall.

A Trick Room team's 'fable is rather impressive with a -Speed Nature (Relaxed works with defense oriented 'fable, otherwise Brave or Quiet for offense). Just beware of slower Trick Roomers like Ferrothorn, Druddigon, or Escavalier.

A team with fast, offensive Pokemon does quite well with pseudo-Wall 'fable (Magic Guard + Wish/Softboiled). Teams with defensive Pokemon work well with Facade-fable or Special-fable sets. Mix-fable is very usable with Magic Gurad+Facade or Unaware+BoltBeam and Annoyer/Walls like WoW-Weezing.

Clefable does very well as and with Ghost Type backup. Blocking a Shadow Ball or Brick Break on a switch will keep the opponent moving (especially with Choice users). Gengar and Dusknoir both appreciate the anti-Ghost-Type-Move property of the Normal Type and can counter a few of 'fable's feared foes (Dusknoir's Fire Punch on Ferrothorn, Gengar's offense on quite a few Pokemon). Then again, Psychic, Dark, and Ghost Types can put 'fable and these two down for a dirt-nap (usually carrying Focus Blast or Brick Break for Normal Types and Shadow Ball, Crunch, or strong STAB for Ghost Types), so watch for them as potential team-counters...

Screens are just begging for a Brick Break to 'fable's face, so it isn't wise to use them with 'fable. Best to save using them for a Pokemon that can get away from Fighting Type Moves (relatively) unscathed. Switching 'fable behind a screen is much better than a free KO for your opponent...

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlover711 View Post
    I'm only making a suggestion for the next POTW... also, be quiet newbie. I don't need nonsensical lip from you.
    Changes I think you should make are in bold.
    Learn to spell and format your grammar, you look like a complete tool when you get angry at someone over the internet and have spelling like a four year old.

I was going to post a set, but it looks most viable combinations are already in here.

Waterlover711, I hate you.
    If you don't like parentheses, you won't like me.

I use THC in all my teambuilding, and no, I don't mean a Total Harm Calculator. If THC is vital to your teambuilding, copy and paste this into your signature! (Started by Scizorisnotcool)

The original starters are the best.

I am Stinkbutt on PO. Fear the Stinkbutt.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlover711 View Post
    im only making a suggestion for the next potw..also bequiet newbie i dont need nonsensicle lip from you
    and your calling me a noob because?

anyway

Encore! Encore!

Nature: Impish/calm
    Item: Leftovers/Sitrus Berry (not recommended)
    Ability: Unaware/Magic Gaurd
    Evs: 252 defence 240 sp.def 16 HP

moves:
    Taunt
    Encore
    Moonlight
    Seismic Toss/Thunder Wave

A simple Struggle staller for set ups. First, encore them into repeatedly raising stats, Unaware helps a lot. Taunt them so they can only use struggle, thus damaging them. Thunder Wave stalls their struggle, while Seismic Toss is incase of a Taunt. Moonlight will heal you up afterwards, Magic gaurd in case of leech seed or sandstorm/hail setup. Best used at the start of a battle, during Entering set ups.
    Last edited by JJtheporcupine; 27th July 2011 at 11:35 PM.
    I CALL DIBS ON DREAM WORLD ESPEON!
    ABILITY SO COOL
    ITS AWESOME.
    'Nuff said.

Lf modest DW poliwag offering adamant darumaka, and a few MALE dream world eevee's PM me if you have one.
    Also looking for shiny: Cryogonal, Heatmore and Trubbish.

I have plenty of Darumaka (2 boxes, Inner focus ones via breeding) and Eevees.

Time for another set

A Clefable in your face
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 Def and Sp. Def, 4 HP
    @: Leftovers

Stealth Rock
    Knock Off
    Thunder Wave/Toxic
    Softboiled

A status spreader, disruptor, and Stealth Rock-er in one.

Power Physical
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk and HP, 4 Def
    @: Life Orb

Double Edge
    Meteor Mash
    Work Up/Softboiled
    Fire Punch

Work Up and Meteor Mash are Clefable's only two ways to boost its attack stat, but Work Up is a guaranteed boost. Or you can have Softboiled for a longer lasting attacker, but this kinda removes the purpose.

FocusFable
    Nature: Brave
    EVs: 252 Atk and HP, 4 Def
    @: Life Orb/Leftovers

Substitute
    Focus Punch
    Double Edge
    Meteor Mash/Shadow Ball

Clefable is able to pull off a Sub Punch set, although not too well. Meteor Mash is an attack boosting attacking option and Shadow Ball is for Ghosts.

Even fairies can cause Curses
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: EVs: 252 Def and Sp. Def, 4 HP
    @: Toxic Orb/Flame Orb

Knock Off
    Bestow
    Reflect/Stealth Rock/Light Screen/Wish/Protect/Softboiled/Heal Bell/Facade
    Reflect/Stealth Rock/Light Screen/Wish/Protect/Softboiled/Heal Bell/Facade

On a side note, I only intended to post one set, but I keep finding more. Goes to show how many options this miniature Mew can pull off.
    Anyway, the idea with this one is to Knock Off the foe's held item and Bestow a status orb. I chose Bestow over Trick because if you get a Choice item, then the whole point of the set goes away. The last two moves are your choice, but don't choose Facade if you went with the Flame Orb. Choose a screen or two, throw Stealth Rock, make a Wish and Protect it, ring a Heal Bell, or deal a little damage with Facade.

I wonder what other sets will be suggested. I'm almost starting to feel a little bad for Reno because he has to look at more options for sets than the number of members of Facebook.
    I claim Buizel.

DrumPowerFable:

Clefable @ Leftovers - Magic Guard
    Impish Nature 252 hp / 152 def / 104 SDef
    Double Edge
    Belly Drum
    Cosmic Power
    Softboiled

Clefable has... mediocre attack, and Belly drum fixes that. Double Edge is stab, whilst softboiled will heal off Recoil Damage. Cosmic power buffs you up so you won't go down without dealing out a significant amount of damage. Etc.

This was a PO set I found interesting, it works.
    "Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?" Bill Hicks, Dec 16th 1961 - Feb 26th 1994

I'm going to break the rules here a little and go with an offensive (but bulky) clefable.

Clefable (modest)
    @ zoom lens
    EVs 252 sp. attack 124 sp. def 124 def 8 hp
    Sing
    Stealth Rock
    Dream Eater\Thunder
    Focus blast

Sing disables fairly reliably. Then stealth rock to discourage switching. Dream eater for recovery and focus blast to counter darks. Other wise, thunder can be used instead of DE to be a little more reliable.

You know, I noticed there were not many mention of counters, so I will take a stab at it.

Clefable is Mew in miniature form. The one thing that can keep Clefable from using its massive movepool is killing it before it can do something, so a big hit from something fast will work. Since Clefable's stats will likely put in the UU tier, I will be looking at that tier first. Hitmonlee, Sawk, Virizion, and Heracross are some of the best. Being faster than the fairy and STAB Close Combat will put Clefable in its place.
    Once Clefable pulls off a move, it is still difficult to figure out what kind of set it will run because it can break away and do something unconventional. Pranksters with a paralysis inducers can be effective such as Purrloin, Volbeat, or Murkrow. It can also help to add confusion to the mix because Magic Guard does not protect against damage from confusion.
    Ursaring gets its own mention as a counter thanks to Guts/Quick Feet and STAB Facade. Guts is the better way to go against Clefable because it can power through possible Reflect and Cosmic Power with Guts boosted STAB Facade or Close Combat.
    Haze can cripple a good chunk of Clefable sets and any Stored Power set.

Should Clefable be used in OU, the fast fighters to bring it down include Breloom, Terrakion, Infernape, Virizion, Cobalion, Lucario, and Mienshao. Breloom gets its own mention to block held status orbs with Spore.
    For Pranksters, Whimsicott is is the ultimate, along with Thundurus. Both have Taunt, which hurts Clefable sets a lot, as well as paralysis. Again, adding confusion to the mix can help.

This is just a few ways to take down Clefable. Its stats are not superb, but its bulky enough to take some punishment.

I look forward to Sunday when I get to see Clefable's completed POtW page.
    I claim Buizel.

Clefable @ Leftovers
    Trait: Unaware
    Nature: Bold
    EV's: 252 HP, 152 Def, 104 SDef

-Rest
    -Cosmic Power
    -Toxic
    -Fire Blast/Flamethrower

Toxicstaller: Cosmic Power makes Clefable near enough untouchable with HP investment, Rest deals with status, and the Fire move deals with any Steel type that wants to ruin Toxic. Unaware prevents pokemon like Garchomp or Salamence having reason to set up, and the only things that can take it out are PHazing or a well-timed crit.
    Partners: Heatran walls it, so anything that can take out Heatran and probably Poison types as well, Magic Guard pokemon also cause it problems, most notably Reuniclus.
    My Teams:
    3rd Gen:
    4th Gen:
    5th Gen:

another set:

The most deadly fairy you will ever meet

nature: modest
    ability: unaware
    item: Chople berry/ enigma berry

Stored Power
    Calm mind
    Moonlight
    Focus Blast/Thunder/Thunder bolt/Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Blizzard/Metronome/Psychic

Best worked with a 'lure' pokemon in double battles because they will want to take that out. Stored Power gets some decent boosts from Calm mind. Moonlight heals you up. The remaining moves are up to you but the ones above are recommended, but be careful with Metronome. The chople berry reduces fighting moves by 50% but enigma berry will heal you if hit by one.

-Fling
    -Recycle/Wish
    -Return/Giga Impact
    -Cosmic Power/Wish
    Item: Toxic Orb/Light Ball
    Ability: Magic Gaurd
    Nature: Careful (+SPDEF-SPATK)/Adamant(+ATK-SPATK)
    fling Toxic orb does 30 damage and badly poisons, while fling Light Ball does 30 damage and paralyzes. Return if you do not want a recharging stab, otherwise giga impact. Recycle to recover your item to use it against a second pokemon, or go with wish. Cosmic Power to up defences, or wish if you want to heal with recycle.
    Last edited by twcopal; 31st July 2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Nature error
    Competitive battling pokemon

Currently Training
    Shiny Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by twcopal View Post
    -Fling
    -Recycle/Wish
    -Return/Giga Impact
    -Cosmic Power/Wish
    Item: Toxic Orb/Light Ball
    Ability: Magic Gaurd
    Nature: Relaxed (+SPDEF-SPATK)/Adamant(+ATK-SPATK)
    fling Toxic orb does 30 damage and badly poisons, while fling Light Ball does 30 damage and paralyzes. Return if you do not want a recharging stab, otherwise giga impact. Recycle to recover your item to use it against a second pokemon, or go with wish. Cosmic Power to up defences, or wish if you want to heal with recycle.
    I think you mean Careful, not Relaxed (Relaxed is +Defense, -Speed). Guts Pokemon laugh at this set, notably Heracross. Knock Off does wonders for screwing you over as well...

Additional Counters
    -Pokemon that can use Venoshock will rip into Toxic Orb 'fables.
    -Punishment is a great anti-Stored Power Move, plus Hazers/Pseudo-Hazers have a field day with it.
    -Less-than-conventional Pokemon like Farfetch'd, Bibarel, and Jumpluff keep 'fable users guessing. Using something lesser-seen is a great head-trip for 'fable fighters to employ if they know what they're doing (like switching out on the opponent's overconfidence).

The Original Clefable
    Clefable @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 84 SAtk / 16 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Flamethrower

Encored Clefable
    Clefable @ Flame Orb / Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 100 SDef / 4 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Encore
    - Softboiled / Wish
    - Seismic Toss
    - Thunder Wave / Aromatherapy

You can see more on: Clefable Moveset

Well, here's my first post. Let's try to carve out a good rep for me. Anyways, on with the set. Back in 4th Gen UU, I tested all sorts of Clefable. This is the set I found most effective:

The Belly Drummer
    Clefable @ Toxic Orb / Life Orb
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant | Jolly Nature
    - Belly Drum
    - Softboiled
    - Facade
    - Meteor Mash / Fire Punch

This set is surprisingly simple, yet incredibly effective. Send Clefable in on whatever can't hurt it, then Belly Drum. Next turn, use Softboiled for full HP. The choice between Meteor Mash and Fire Punch is simple: If used on a sun team or if your team has a problem with steels, Fire Punch can cover this weakness and provide Pseudo-STAB. Alternatively, Meteor Mash is a great attack to complement Facade/Double-Edge and works in all weather. For Normal-type STAB, the choice between Facade and Double-Edge relies on what item you're holding: Toxic Orb combos with Facade, while a recoil-less Double-Edge works great with Life Orb.

The EVs are simple too. You can make Clefable bulky and powerful, or speedy and powerful. This is one of the simplest but greatest sets, and can really turn a lost battle around.
    Last edited by Megamence123; 29th July 2011 at 6:14 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Megamence123 View Post
    Well, here's my first post. Let's try to carve out a good rep for me. Anyways, on with the set. Back in 4th Gen UU, I tested all sorts of Clefable. This is the set I found most effective:

The Belly Drummer
    Clefable @ Toxic Orb / Life Orb
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant | Jolly Nature
    - Belly Drum
    - Softboiled
    - Facade
    - Meteor Mash / Fire Punch

This set is surprisingly simple, yet incredibly effective. Send Clefable in on whatever can't hurt it, then Belly Drum. Next turn, use Softboiled for full HP. The choice between Meteor Mash and Fire Punch is simple: If used on a sun team or if your team has a problem with steels, Fire Punch can cover this weakness and provide Pseudo-STAB. Alternatively, Meteor Mash is a great attack to complement Facade/Double-Edge and works in all weather. For Normal-type STAB, the choice between Facade and Double-Edge relies on what item you're holding: Toxic Orb combos with Facade, while a recoil-less Double-Edge works great with Life Orb.

The EVs are simple too. You can make Clefable bulky and powerful, or speedy and powerful. This is one of the simplest but greatest sets, and can really turn a lost battle around.
    Moonlight may also be an option instead of Softboiled on a Sun set. Granted, it'll have issue from changes, but it has some usability...

I, personally, can think of only one set that Clefable can do other than downright annoy

Anti-Sweeper
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Unaware
    -Belly Drum
    -Wish
    -Giga Impact
    -Meteor Mash/Fire Punch?

Ok, here's how it works: You switch clefable into a wall or something, and that cute innocent face just beggs your opponent to slap it around because your first attack will be Wish. Follow that up with a Belly Drum. Then ya start rippin up whatever you can... with the mediocre stats that this lil ball of fluffy has... Wish heals off any damage caused by Belly Drum...
    On a side note, I'm not completely sure if it's possible to have fire punch on this set so it's just out to tha side...oh, and I claim the term "Anti-Sweeper" cuz it's awesome
    ...Clefable wasn't meant to survive, only...seriously injure a sweeper or two...cuz switching in on a wall is like free Wish usage after not getting OHKO'd by a sweeper...YAH!

Quote Originally Posted by S k y View Post
    The Original Clefable
    Clefable @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 84 SAtk / 16 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Flamethrower
    Why have atk Ev's when you have no physical attacks? make it 240 SAtk if anything.
    I'm gonna ing you all night long!

Clefable@Leftovers
    Trait:Magic Guard/Unaware
    EVS:252HP/252Def/4SDEF or 252HP/160DEF/80SATK/12SDEF
    Careful Nature (+SDEF,-SATK) or Calm (+SDEF,-ATK)if using second EV spread
    -Toxic
    -Wish
    -Substitute
    -Protect/Flamethrower

A classic Toxistall set that clefable uses well, which Clefable uses rather well. Have it throw up a substitute so it can't get hit by taunt. Flamethrower is there for any steels trying to take advantage of your toxic. I just wish this thing had access to earthquake to take care of both steels and poison types. As it is, Flamethrower also has coverage over bugs, grass, and ice. Protect is there for another stalling move. Wish is there for healing damage caused by your substitute.
    Last edited by PokefanTez; 30th July 2011 at 3:44 AM. Reason: I accidentally left out one of the natures

Quote Originally Posted by PokefanTez View Post
    Clefable@Leftovers
    Trait:Magic Guard/Unaware
    EVS:252HP/252Def/4SDEF or 252HP/160DEF/80SATK/12SDEF
    Careful Nature (+SDEF,-SATK) or Calm (+SDEF,-ATK)if using second EV spread
    -Toxic
    -Wish
    -Substitute
    -Protect/Flamethrower

A classic Toxistall set that clefable uses well, which Clefable uses rather well. Have it throw up a substitute so it can't get hit by taunt. Flamethrower is there for any steels trying to take advantage of your toxic. I just wish this thing had access to earthquake to take care of both steels and poison types. As it is, Flamethrower also has coverage over bugs, grass, and ice. Protect is there for another stalling move. Wish is there for healing damage caused by your substitute.
    Why not just use Calm both times? You don't need Attack with either set...

Dig can work if you can predict/trap, but is far too stoppable by Flying Type and Levitate Ability Pokemon (although, it is great for Wish-stalling). Tbolt works on most Fire and Steel Types and on Poison, Bug, and Ice, but Ground/Steel is tougher to deal with if you go that route. Toxistall is hard for Clefable until you've dealt with certain undesirables...

Hidden Power (Ground) is another option for Toxistalling, hitting most Steel and Poison Types (again, except the dual Flying Types and Levitate ones like Skarmory, Crobat, Levitate Bronzong, and Weezing, and Steel Types with Magnet Rise).

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Moonlight may also be an option instead of Softboiled on a Sun set. Granted, it'll have issue from changes, but it has some usability...
    Clefable nowadays can't use Moonlight- it's too dangerous until the opponents weather starter is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalCrow
    Anti-Sweeper
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Unaware
    -Belly Drum
    -Wish
    -Giga Impact
    -Meteor Mash/Fire Punch?
    Never use moves like Hyper Beam and Giga Impact competitively, they just give your opponent a free turn to set up.
    Just ignore my post count, I've been a lurked for 2 years now and I know how to play Pokémon.

I need someone to teach ne how to RNG abuse and what programs to use. Please VM me!

Never use moves like Hyper Beam and Giga Impact competitively, they just give your opponent a free turn to set up.
    I'm sorry, but it beggs me to ask: how do you set up on something with unaware? besides, i would never use giga impact except on situations like this where clefable is gonna go down quick anyways... the opposition would have a free set up turn anyways if you were to switch out for a counter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123