Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chansey vs Blissey

Default Chansey vs Blissey

Ok, pretty simple question: title says it all. Who do you think is best, Eviolite chansey, or Blissey?

Discuss.

Feel free to post sets to argue your case.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

Eviolite Chansey is pretty much superior, imo, aside from its inability to use special attacks. But it's basically if you want Ice Beam/Flamethrower, go with Blissey, if you're okay with just SToss, go with Chansey.

Leftovers + Protect makes Blissey a far superior Wish passer and Flamethrower / Ice Beam sorta keeps it from being setup fodder for everything not hurt by its status move. Leftovers keeps Blissey from being devastated by sandstorm and makes it far more resistant to residual damage.

The only thing Chansey really has going for it is the ability to take Physical hits better than Blissey. The lack of Leftovers and Special Attacks makes Blissey a little more powerful in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

I believe there was already a thread similar to this. But yeah, Chansey if you want more bulk from the get-go, Blissey if you want Leftovers recovery and decent special attack, and Happiny if you want to troll people. That's about it.

Chansey. Look at it this way: Chansey walls almost every non-set up attacker with 704 HP and 150ish Defense, and troll special bulk, making it perfect for stall, who are usually phazer-heavy anyway. The only way for Blissey to achieve Chansey's bulk (and it still can't fix it's mediocre physical bulk) is CM.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Yeah, in my eyes, Chansey is usually the best bet. But the fact that blissey can hold the leftovers often keeps him in consideration.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Yeah, in my eyes, Chansey is usually the best bet. But the fact that blissey can hold the leftovers often keeps him in consideration.
    Well, there's that, but there's also the thought that Chansey can't do squat to Ghost-types (especially Gengar), while Blissey has the possibility of using Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/whatever in order to strike back on any opposing Ghosts. Does make more difference than you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

Yeah, that's a good point. Most of the time when I run blissey/chansey (which isn't all that often, tbh) I only usually have seismic toss as my attacking move, and most of the time it works fine. But I see your point. Especially against subdisable Gengar

I'm sorry, but those who think chansey is better is uttery wrong. It only has better physical bulk. It's perfect taunt and set up bait. Blissey can do decent damage and is better and a wish passer like blue harvest said. If you favor chansey because you like chansey more, then go ahead, but competitively there's a reason chansey's uu and blissey's OU.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

It has better special bulk too. And only, like, 10 less HP iirc

When it comes to walling, Chansey wins. When it comes to dealing damage, stalling, and survivalbility, Blissey wins.

Credit to FrostStorm for the banner; YOU ARE MAJESTIC FROSTSTORM

3DS FC: 4940 6396 1803

"Because I am the man... who made a typo in his own name while registering..."

Yeah, so, like, a miniscule 5 hp less wishes?

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

I think its all situational. Blissey is a much better Wish Passer, and I dont think SpA makes too much of a difference..going from a 4KO, to a 5-6KO. Seismic Toss is better anywho. Most Chanseys and Blisseys usually use Thunderwave or Toxic to stall and cripple.
        Spoiler:- Favorite Pokes:

Spoiler:- What am I?:

I friggin hate them both. The bad thing about Chansey is that Seismic toss is its attacking move so it is easily countered by ghosts. Blissey is much more useful and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Yeah, so, like, a miniscule 5 hp less wishes?
    It's more about Blissey's ability to utilize Protect to take advantage of the Wish herself, while also stalling for Leftovers recovery. Each time Blissey does the Wish + Protect combo, she's getting about 62% of her HP, while also taking no damage the second turn, wasting the opponent's PP, and stalling for whatever extra residual damage may be available.

How do you get seismic toss on Chansey, btw I think Blissey is better in survivability
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I use a Chansey because of evolite but I could see why someone would say Blissely is better.

Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

Item clause favors Chansey, as Chansey is one of the best Eviolite users, while Blissey is one of very many Leftovers-users. In any item clause situation, the overuse of Leftovers will usually prompt the use of Chansey, even if Blissey's stats might be a bit better for the job.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Quote Originally Posted by 3.14kachu View Post
    Item clause favors Chansey, as Chansey is one of the best Eviolite users, while Blissey is one of very many Leftovers-users. In any item clause situation, the overuse of Leftovers will usually prompt the use of Chansey, even if Blissey's stats might be a bit better for the job.
    That's another good point, actually. I hadn't considered Item Clause

Blissey is better at taking "smaller" hits, that do less than about 30% damage, because of leftovers recovery. Chansey, on the other hand can avoid getting 2HKOed and OHKOed better, because of its higher defenses.

For example, an attack does 20% to blissey, leftovers heals 6% to make a net 14% damage.
    The same attack would probably do about 16% to chansey, making a net of 16% damage.

Now, we take a heavy attack like a Specs-Ogre Waterspout. Blissey takes around 75% damage, leftovers heals 6%=69% net damage.
    Chansey would take somewhere around 60%=60% net damage.
    1549-7031-3289
    Current PO Dream World Rank: 43rd
    Current PO Ubers Rank: 32th

I would say Blissey, but after reading some of the other replys I reconsidered it.
    So Chansey (;

Chaos made by Katatakat and Sworn Metalhead

I think Blissey is better than Evo Chansey

as far as i know, Blissey has the highest HP in the game, but i think the main bane to there massive HP is Endeavor, so in terms of HP i say Blissey, tho Chansey pry has better Defense with the Evolite
    Match the Power or Aura
    Offical Group Chat for Sir Aron's Special Ops clan
    Click on this link: http://xat.com/SirAronsSpeacialOps

speacial thanks to Nakashima for the awsome bar

endeavor is used only with lvl 1 noobs and swellow(i think) Blissey is better from being able to actually be a viable part of stall. Once again, there's a reason blissey is OU and chansey is uu, even if it's just usage. Blissey is used more because it it better. You have like 25 more defense, at the cost of no attack(except for seisemic toss), no leftovers,and less hp. Oh, and keep in mind that even with "strong hits" like kyogre's water spout, with such marginal difference with the damage, they are both 2HKO'd, so why bother? Blissey can take hitts better, as it can actually stall better, so if you pick chansey, you must be talking about uu.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast