13 3.92%
  • Pryce

3 0.90%
  • Clair

77 23.19%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardest gym leader in johto

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...derPunch_(move) I was but It couldn't learn it until emerald was released.
    Ah, okay. Thanks. ^^ Wouldn't have been much help then. Although it wasn't smart of me in the first place to only use Typhlosion, but I really did play the game like the third grade girl I was. xD

Banners made by kyogreblue3!

"I'll be your dancing flower, dancing, I'll be your dancin' senorita, oh oh..."~

Spoiler:- Other sig stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    Whitney's nothing, just get Gastly.
    or steelix

I didn't know how hard she was at first, so I just sand-attacked her Miltank, somehow got it confused, and killed it.
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/r2uyd0.png[/IMG]

Credit goes to Mew_!

Quote Originally Posted by leafstormfire View Post
    I didn't know how hard she was at first, so I just sand-attacked her Miltank, somehow got it confused, and killed it.
    That's what what I call battlefrontier strategy.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Didn't milktank have the scrappy ability to counter than type?
    No abilities in GSC.
    In progress: Platinum Nuzlocke

I thought thebattleforntierash meant the Normal-moves-don't-affect-Ghosts--but-vice-versa-as-well thingie. What good would Gastly's Lick do against Miltank (or any Normal-type)? :P Rollout, being a Rock move, sure hits Gastly, though. :/ I remember I had a hard time back then figuring out what type was Rollout. Of course I first thought it's a Normal move and might've tried to counter it with Gastly myself........

My current and FINAL Red team.
    I just can't start a new one since there are no Link Cables around these days. Requiscat in Pace! :´(
    (^ Okay, gotta admit it looks better in COLOR! )

Quote Originally Posted by Golemite View Post
    I thought thebattleforntierash meant the Normal-moves-don't-affect-Ghosts--but-vice-versa-as-well thingie. What good would Gastly's Lick do against Miltank (or any Normal-type)? :P Rollout, being a Rock move, sure hits Gastly, though. :/ I remember I had a hard time back then figuring out what type was Rollout. Of course I first thought it's a Normal move and might've tried to counter it with Gastly myself........
    In the older games ghost types couldn't attack with out a second move that's not a ghost type rollout wouldn't work well on a fighting type.

My hardest was Bugsy. Fury Cutter did a lot of damage to my pokemon, and I wasn't even underleveled. Lost to him many times.

Whitney was surprisingly easy in Crystal due to my Croconaw's Ice Punch. Took her down in two hits.

Morty was tough too. I remember when his Gengar swept my team.

Chuck was only hard in HG/SS.

Clair was no pushover. She kept paralyzing my pokemon thanks to Dragonbreath, giving her the advantage.
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 18th September 2011 at 1:16 PM.

I would have to say Jasmine, no matter what I just could never hit her Steelix.
    3DS FC: 0791-1843-0552

It bugs me that it says Milktank .. but whatever, that's my vote.

After that, Bugsy's Scyther and its Fury Cutter was actually hard for me the first time playing.

Back on my Crystal version, Morty was the toughest. Stupid ghost pokemon.....

Oh gosh, it's a tie between Jasmine and Clair with me, but I went with Clair because of her FREAKIN' KINGDRA. Seriously, none of us expected it to show up, and for its dual type of Water/Dragon. Didn't help it had Hyper Beam it used a lot.

Hyper Beam was freaky back in the day. Everyone feared Hyper Beam...
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Milktank. Defs Milktank.
    ;P

But seriously, Whitney was a pain in my behind. Destroyed me so many times.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprintking View Post
    No abilities in GSC.
    Oh yeah that's what made the game so difficult to defeat now I know why people hated milky the milkkiller.

Chuck's DynamicPunch is annoying as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I call hax, type some random racial slur all in caps, then ragequit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I wish I was joking, but based off all the naked fights in my front lawn I do pretty well assuming the person isn't trying to kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Oh gosh, it's a tie between Jasmine and Clair with me, but I went with Clair because of her FREAKIN' KINGDRA. Seriously, none of us expected it to show up, and for its dual type of Water/Dragon. Didn't help it had Hyper Beam it used a lot.

Hyper Beam was freaky back in the day. Everyone feared Hyper Beam...
    NNOOOOO! That's how THE Lance's Dragonite OHKOed my team! :´(

Nowadays he might do something like that with Outrage. -.-

Anyway, Hyper Beam for me had a status no other Pokémon move will ever have. The biggest, baddest, most feared move possible. Thought I'd live what's left of its wrath again by teaching it to my Quiet Magnezone. >: D

Yeah, well, back to topic. People seem to think Rollout and Fury Cutter were beast. Well, I agree. It's odd that, even with their hit ratio and many ways to avoid them even back then, they were still that bad. Time and time again. Why didn't we lower their accuracy or used moves with semi-invulnerable turns, or something? Still I don't know. :I

I just can't start a new one since there are no Link Cables around these days. Requiscat in Pace! :´(

Everyone was easy except for whitney, she's the only one I died twice to, miltanks annoying. Clair is easy, if you can sweep out her gym in one go before you reach her, she's a piece of cake, that same thing applies with the rest of them.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

oh god, whithney... when I was younger, this was almost impossible... but then again so was clair, but considering the point of the game, whitney was just hardcore...
    Black FC: 4556 4638 8851
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 0387-9290-9349
    Ground Safari: Sandshrew, Dugtrio, Diggersby

So did anyone besides the the two guys think chuck was difficult or did you use noctowl for that gym.

So did anyone besides the the two guys think chuck was difficult or did you use noctowl for that gym.
    I don't really remember. I had a Noctowl at any rate. And Gastly/Haunter. Did Chuck have Thunder or IcePunchers in Gen II? Those could cause problems if he was quicker than you. I vaguely remember almost losing to him once because one of his Pokémon could ThunderPunch and oversped my Flying type. Might've been an early SS save too, though.

I could almost have voted for Pryce as well, although Clair, Whitney and even Bugsy's Scyther were definitely worse. And Jasmine's Steelix from the time I didn't know what's effective against this new Steel type. But Pryce's Piloshwine in my first playthrough was a real beast for some reason as well. I'm surprised he didn't get more votes. Maybe everyone just had a Steel or Fire type at that point. Except me. I love Fire-types, yet somehow, I rarely end up getting one as party member for some reason, unless there's a cool starter like Torchic.

Quote Originally Posted by Golemite View Post
    I don't really remember. I had a Noctowl at any rate. And Gastly/Haunter. Did Chuck have Thunder or IcePunchers in Gen II? Those could cause problems if he was quicker than you. I vaguely remember almost losing to him once because one of his Pokémon could ThunderPunch and oversped my Flying type. Might've been an early SS save too, though.

I could almost have voted for Pryce as well, although Clair, Whitney and even Bugsy's Scyther were definitely worse. And Jasmine's Steelix from the time I didn't know what's effective against this new Steel type. But Pryce's Piloshwine in my first playthrough was a real beast for some reason as well. I'm surprised he didn't get more votes. Maybe everyone just had a Steel or Fire type at that point. Except me. I love Fire-types, yet somehow, I rarely end up getting one as party member for some reason, unless there's a cool starter like Torchic.
    As far as I'm concerned moves like thunderpunch and ice puch did exist but I don't believe his moveset went like that back in those days.

Whitney's MilkTank was absolutely ridiculous, especially considering that getting a fighting type this early on isn't easy, but I voted for Jasmine. Her Steelix really does hit you hard if you aren't prepared for it.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

As far as I'm concerned moves like thunderpunch and ice puch did exist but I don't believe his moveset went like that back in those days.
    Oh, the moves were there, alright. And how come his moveset might not have them? I mean, there was the Fighting Dojo already in gen 1 with Hitmonchan having all kinds of punches! Oh, well, not exactly. Turns out it only had one elemental Punch (Fire) in gen 1. On gen 2, it also knew Thunder Punch and Ice Punch. I did check Bulbapedia.

I also checked Bulbapedia for Chuck and found out he originally had only Primeape and Poliwrath. No wonder he has so forgottable.

I think I found Whitney the hardest, narrowly followed by Clair. The only reason being, obviously, that darned Miltank!

Whitney, by a long shot. And it didn't exactly help that back in the day, my starter of choice was Cyndaquil and that I only tend to train male Pokémon. That Miltank cut through my team like soft butter.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast