Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RNG Gen IV

Quote Originally Posted by Tarro57 View Post
    You are spamming because you aren't even talking about what you've RNGed, How you RNG, or What you're going to RNG, and your trolling because you're talking bad about RNGing. Now leave this place!
    ok im talking about rnging which is on topic. you shoulda made the topic what are you rnging if you only wanted that. im not talking bad about rnging at all im just stating my opinion. You are just calling me a troll because you dont have a good comeback or arguement.
    i have no signature because i dont need one.... oh wait this is a signature...

I've been going after an Naive shiny Azelf with this spread 22/4/0/27/11/31 (I know it's not great, but this is my first attempt at RNGing a legendary). I then end up getting a seed of CF010289 with the frame of 88, I then go put this in the Seed To Time, and put in 2011, I end up getting March 30, 01:58 and 59 seconds with a delay of 638, so then I go and do everything and catch the Azelf, it neither Shiny nor Naive, so I then go and check it in the Reporter to see what I may've done wrong, it says I hit my Seconds correctly, but not my delay. It said I had a delay of 678.

So I would like to know which is the best way to get the delay down. Do I have to adjust the year or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Esppie View Post
    ok im talking about rnging which is on topic. you shoulda made the topic what are you rnging if you only wanted that. im not talking bad about rnging at all im just stating my opinion. You are just calling me a troll because you dont have a good comeback or arguement.
    Well, thanks for your opinion. Have a nice day.

Time for comebacks:
    - RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.
    - It's an exploitable in-game feature, just like EVs and IV breeding.
    - Nintendo notes that it is legal; it's not cheating by their own definitions.
    - You're hardly going to win anyone's opinion here

I have claimed Giratina

Kaiser, You just summed up what I've been saying to many misinformed users with amazing precision.

Quote Originally Posted by digipoke1 View Post
    I've been going after an Naive shiny Azelf with this spread 22/4/0/27/11/31 (I know it's not great, but this is my first attempt at RNGing a legendary). I then end up getting a seed of CF010289 with the frame of 88, I then go put this in the Seed To Time, and put in 2011, I end up getting March 30, 01:58 and 59 seconds with a delay of 638, so then I go and do everything and catch the Azelf, it neither Shiny nor Naive, so I then go and check it in the Reporter to see what I may've done wrong, it says I hit my Seconds correctly, but not my delay. It said I had a delay of 678.

So I would like to know which is the best way to get the delay down. Do I have to adjust the year or something?
    You could either adjust the year up by 1 to lower delay or use a 2 time timer. I usually use a 2 time timer because it's easier to hit higher delays than just one you calibrated for. I really haven't even calibrated to begin with because the timer adjusts everything for you.
    My Pokécheck
    Flying Type Friend Safari: Hoothoot, Farfetch, and Hawlucha. FC: 0344 9445 4037 PM me to add

Quote Originally Posted by A d v e n t™ View Post
    Kaiser, You just summed up what I've been saying to many misinformed users with amazing precision.
    I learn from the best, Advent

I have claimed Giratina

Hatched a Shiny Charmander, NN DarkDragon. I'm breeding to many shinies. 5 in less than 1 week. Cool!
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

3DS FC: 2836-0208-8979

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Oddish, Quilladin, and Swadloon

English Black FC: 1893 2202 1899 OT: Tarro

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    -RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.

Default Help

THIS IS FOR DPPt, specifically Platinum

Here, is my problem. I'm at that last stage. I got the nature and ability all set from the RNG. I did 8 trail runs to see what frame I was on and it was 6. My target frame was 18, so I did the following calculation in doing flips in my journal: (18-6)/2=6 flips.

Now, I know you have to flip to a page where you have killed or caught a Pokemon. I have been just flipping back and forth to a page where I caught a Pokemon and a page where nothing happened--hitting that page with the caught Pokemon 6 times. And yes, the page starts with the caught Pokemon recorded and I counted it as one of my 6 flips.

So, I set the time 1 minute before it says on the chart and start a stopwatch as soon as I start the time on the DS. Also, set the date. Wait till the 59th second. Smash A to the journal. Do my flips. Press start and smash A as fast as possible.

I use an AR that calculates IV's by pressing start+select in the summary section and then the IV's appear in the stat section in the Pokemon's summary. I also use a quick egg hatch cheat, where my egg hatches in few steps. These cheats didn't harm the first part when getting the ability and nature.

I am not landing on the spread at all, I even widened it to a huge state.

What am I doing wrong here?

EDIT: I used a newer AR strategy. I used the cheat to fill my bags with all the TM's so I can calculate IV's by TM. This way, I am able to calculate IV's of an egg before it hatches. I did this and found myself on the spread and missed the correct delay.

So, the question is; do IV's change if you hatch the egg using a cheat that hatches the egg quickly and then check the IV's by looking at them in the Pokemon's summary?

EDIT 2:: I've been doing the calibration phase but cannot land on the same delay so far (have done it 5 times). My seconds are quite consistent, but the delay--which matters is never the same. Is this the hardest game to RNG? Should I beat HeartGold and RNG there--is it a lot easier?

The reason I am not doing BW is because I haven't beaten a second Pokemon GEN V game, because I use Game Sync. Also, I need to breed a Tyranitar with SuperPower and Stealth Rock--which is only teachable in GEN IV.

Ugh, I was looking at HGSS RNG videos, and they say you need Pokerus, which I don' have.

EDIT 3 (When will he stop editing?): So, I searched for seeds 7 times, and got the same delay as another seed previously. Is this what you guys do sometimes, try about 7+ times to get the right delay. Also, let's still note my initial post before the billions of edits, am I doing everything right?
    Best Regards,

Hazey (click name for trading thread)

it is somewhat what hard to RNG because you need to know your SID and to do that you have to either use a cheating device or know the exact ivs of a random shiny you encountered in the game

ss fc: 0948 2714 3348 GMT-7

|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QG-X...eature=related|
    -----------------------------------^whiscash win^-----------------------------------
    I have officially claimed Kingdra!

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty1111 View Post
    it is somewhat what hard to RNG because you need to know your SID and to do that you have to either use a cheating device or know the exact ivs of a random shiny you encountered in the game
    Yeah, that part isn't hard. I am using a cheat device just to learn, I know my seconds will change once, I don't use one--and I'll calculate my seconds by battling myself in Level100 wifi or catching lvl 50+ Pokemon
    Best Regards,

........ I don't get it.. x)
    I tried to forget you
    I tried to love you
    But I hurt you all the time
    I cant't forget you
    I'm afraid to touch you
    And I always see you cry

Erkennst Du mich denn nicht?
    Bin ich dir unbekannt?

I don't really understand.

Below is my party. If you are wondering how it works, please mail me.

~~~~~

Quote of the Week:

"A flipped coin doesn't always land head or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

This is why I think pokemon is not suitable for children x)
    I keed~
    It sure sounds exciting, though, and time-sparing
    I tried to forget you
    I tried to love you
    But I hurt you all the time
    I cant't forget you
    I'm afraid to touch you
    And I always see you cry

Erkennst Du mich denn nicht?
    Bin ich dir unbekannt?

What is there not to understand? Every game has an RNG which poduces a Pokemon, but it's not random at all, you will encounter a certain Pokemon if you start the game at the right time and do the right advances, you can end up getting a Pokemon you want, it requires hard work, however. But that's what RNG Reporter is for, without it, RNG Manipulation would be near impossible. I won't go to far into details, but you can end up getting a Pokemon with flawless to near flawless IVs or even shininess.
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

-RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.

Uhm, man I'm confused. Alright, in Smogon's video it shows bearsfan just running up the grass to use Sweet Scent to catch a Pokemon (this is DPPt). In the written guide it says to get up there as fast as possible. Wouldn't that mean using a bike

Again, this is DPPt. Bike's don't affect the frame rate, I think? I know they do in HGSS.
    Best Regards,

So I'm trying to RNG a good Latios from the Enigma event and basically it said I can't RNG without having shown the hatched Togepi to Elm (Which is now on B/W) or showing Pokerus to the Nurse (I've finished the entire game.. No way thats gonna happen). The one thing I did do was visit Kanto... But anyway, is there a way I can RNG that Latios? Or no... I only want a Timid one with at least 20-1-20-25-20-25. I have an Abra with Timid and Synchronize and a Master Ball.
    Last edited by Dragontamer1011; 1st October 2011 at 6:12 PM.
    Battle Subway Singles team (Black): (RECORD: 59)

Working on a new Singles team for Y:

Friend Safari: Type: Fighting Pokemon - Pancham, Medicham, and Breloom.
    FC: 4613 - 7267 - 1185

Alright I found a way around Elm but I'm not getting the correct results when calling. My Reset is without a doubt 13 and my delay is 497, what am I doing wrong?

This is probably the problem but what does the "Time" bar in the RNG Calculator mean? it says 00:00:01.

Also, apparently the guide at Smogon says I should change my Synchronize time to a minute late? (I.E. Clock says 12:58:00, DS clock is 12:57:00) is that correct? And the reset time is 00:00:00 because in all my tests (19:19:13, 19:27:13, 19:29:13) the time from the reset to entering the game is 13 seconds? Also, the delay time is 489-497 (Tests came out Reset- 13, 13, and 13; Delay- 497, 489, 489). I've accounted for the appearance of NPCs, there are no roaming pokemon, so I'm really confused. I tried testing in front of Cerulean Cave and then in front of Latios at Pewter, the first 2-3 (From Juggler Irwin) responses are always correct but the rest are wrong. I press X as soon as the game starts to prevent the frame advancing.

Help :/?
    Last edited by Dragontamer1011; 4th October 2011 at 1:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontamer1011 View Post
    Alright I found a way around Elm but I'm not getting the correct results when calling. My Reset is without a doubt 13 and my delay is 497, what am I doing wrong?
    You're trying to hit a delay which is 1/60th of a second. It's not going to happen on your first try. Human's just aren't that precise (hence why we need the timer to help us). When you hit the wrong delay you need to use the search elm feature to figure out what delay you hit and update the timer with the delay that you hit.

This is probably the problem but what does the "Time" bar in the RNG Calculator mean? it says 00:00:01.
    Time bar? In RNG Reporter? Not sure what you're talking about. Could you take a screenshot? I suggest you watch some of the videos in post 6 of this thread.

Also, apparently the guide at Smogon says I should change my Synchronize time to a minute late? (I.E. Clock says 12:58:00, DS clock is 12:57:00) is that correct?
    Use EonTimer for Windows or ZomgTimer if you have a Mac. The timer will tell you what to do. If the time to hit your seed is 15:27:23 and it says "Minutes before target:1" that means you should set the clock to 15:26:00 and start the timer at the same time. You soft reset at the end of the first timer and enter the game from the continue screen when the second timer hits zero.

I press X as soon as the game starts to prevent the frame advancing.
    You can't "prevent" frame advancement from NPCs. You can only minimize it by mashing X. You still have to figure out what frame you're starting on by doing the elm (Irwin) calls and seeing where they start.
    Last edited by jolteon135; 5th October 2011 at 5:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteon135 View Post
    You can't "prevent" frame advancement from NPCs. You can only minimize it by mashing X. You still have to figure out what frame you're starting on by doing the elm (Irwin) calls and seeing where they start.
    This can be easier to understand if you learn how to RNG in Gen V which is easier to RNG than Gen IV. You should learn how to RNG in Gen V. Click on the RNG Bar thing in jolteon135's Signature.

Ah I see, in that case I'll wait till Gray comes out and try it again after restarting my Black. Thanks for the help!

Hey, it's kinda what we're here for and what this thread is for. And don't get your hopes up for Grey, it might not come out until 2013, get a Black or White game and RNG on that, the sooner, the better. Good luck Dragontamer...

Well I have Emerald, Fire Red, Heart Gold, Platinum, and Black. Which one is the easiest?

Emerald is very tricky since it has a broken RNG, you can't RNG on LeafGreen and FireRed yet, You're trying to RNG on HeartGold from what I've seen, Platinum is almost the same as HeartGold, Black I would say is the easiest, head to the Gen V Revamped RNG Thread. Do your Black once you're able to.

UPDATE! Adding some more links from bearsfan092drums. Epic YouTuber for RNGing along with tutorials.
    Last edited by Tarro57; 6th October 2011 at 9:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontamer1011 View Post
    Well I have Emerald, Fire Red, Heart Gold, Platinum, and Black. Which one is the easiest?
    From Easiest to hardest: Black, Heart Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Fire Red.

I don't get why you're waiting for Grey? You don't have to restart your game to learn to RNG. You IV Breed a lot, right? Learning to RNG would save you all that time. What takes a 100+ eggs via IV breeding takes only 2 eggs via RNGing.

Like Tarro says, check out the 5th gen thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteon135 View Post
    From Easiest to hardest: Black, Heart Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Fire Red.

I don't get why you're waiting for Grey? You don't have to restart your game to learn to RNG. You IV Breed a lot, right? Learning to RNG would save you all that time. What takes a 100+ eggs via IV breeding takes only 2 eggs via RNGing.

Like Tarro says, check out the 5th gen thread.
    I don't think you can even RNG in FireRed and LeafGreen, can you?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast