• Scrafty

65 39.63%
  • Dragonite

65 39.63%
  • Salamence

34 20.73%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Dragon Dancer

115 Defense isn't good. In fact, that's near horrible. Fragile pokemon like Staraptor have higher defense without investment. Anything on the physical side kills it unless he resists it. =/ Someone BP'd Speed+Atk boosts to a Haxorus, and I was unable to OHKO it on the switch. If given the chance to set up, DD Haxorus wrecks havoc. PERIOD. Oppurtunities to set up:
    Switches
    Parahax
    Misses
    Hazard-Set uppers
    Though rare, surviving a hit/focus sash.
    Offensively, Haxorus takes the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by MufinskullzFTW View Post
    115 Defense isn't good. In fact, that's near horrible. Fragile pokemon like Staraptor have higher defense without investment. Anything on the physical side kills it unless he resists it. =/ Someone BP'd Speed+Atk boosts to a Haxorus, and I was unable to OHKO it on the switch. If given the chance to set up, DD Haxorus wrecks havoc. PERIOD. Oppurtunities to set up:
    Switches
    Parahax
    Misses
    Hazard-Set uppers
    Though rare, surviving a hit/focus sash.
    Offensively, Haxorus takes the gold.
    115 base defense. I clearly Specified 115 base defense. That is great base defense, and both Scrafty's Defense and Special Defense are both able to peak at 361. That is great if you ask me, because he can get up some Dragon Dances with almost no harm then recover with Drain Punch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I call hax, type some random racial slur all in caps, then ragequit.
    I wish I was joking, but based off all the naked fights in my front lawn I do pretty well assuming the person isn't trying to kill me.

Oops my bad. xP I thought you said 115 defense. xD Wel", Scrafty is in fact a bulky DDer who can rip teams apart with moxie at his side.

Crawdaunt.

It's so random it's good, and unlike Wishcash, it has the moves to Abuse it with.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDENCRS View Post
    I disagree. A moxie Scrafty with Ice Punch, Drain Punch and Crunch can literally take teams down with 1 DD, because it has such high defenses that it can take hits and recover it off. Here is my set.

[560] Scrafty (CWA) @Lefties
    Careful (+Sp. D -Sp. A)
    120 HP 136 Attack 252 Sp. D
    Ice Punch
    DD
    Drain Punch
    Crunch.

361 special defense, and can take physical hits well also with 115 Base Defense. With +1 he has 375 attack and 228 Speed. He can wreck with more DD boosts if you come in on a Special Attacker. I think this is the best
    Oh god.

Just oh god. You're not sweeping through anything with that set. You need like 2-3 DDs before you outspeed anything if you're running no investment, four if you want to outsped scarfers. You're still walled by pretty much the same stuff at +1, and stuff like Conkeldurr sets up on you even more easily due to your lack of investment in Attack. ****ing offensive Reuiniclus can live Super Effective +2 hits from you. That's really not good at all. And two turns of setup for 500 attack and even at +2 Speed you aren't even outspeeding +Spe base 108s. That means that stuff like non scarf Terrakion and Infernape can beat you. Scizor takes anything you throw at it, even at +2 and kos, Skarmory can set up against you.

Honestly, if you want a defensive Scrafty set, run Bulk Up, not Dragon Dance. DD Scrafty absolutely needs to be max speed Jolly, don't under any circumstances take away speed to invest in Special Defense of all things.

Not exactly on-topic, but related: how about Quiver Dance? It has poor distribution and harder to pull off but the benefits are better than DD

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    Not exactly on-topic, but related: how about Quiver Dance? It has poor distribution and harder to pull off but the benefits are better than DD
    Volcarona lol, the rest aren't even close.

Lilligent is good in lower tiers though.

19**betterthanfolg**1414

I'M USIN THE LILLIGANT TEAM BLUE!!!!!

But yeah it's not very good ;__;

What Lilligent team!?

Heil Scrafty!!!!!! I love scrafty! just like all of you!!!!
    Anyway, I understand if you said Salamnce, But Draginite's other sets are better

Disagree with me all you want, but crawdaunt with good SD is pretty good at dragon dance. I've trained one.
    black FC:
    heartgold FC: 4169 6154 2657
    [IMG]http://oi55.*******.com/90398i.jpg[/IMG]
    Cred to Bug Pro

Volcarona lol, the rest aren't even close.

Lilligent is good in lower tiers though.
    Haha I looked up the list after posting and saw just how slim it is. :/

I have claimed Giratina

I voted Dragonite, it becomes powerful after using Dragon Dance. I have not yet used a Scrafty

i used scrafty once and it was able to outspeed and kill the genies with jolly and 255 in spe, so i voted for that

Quote this post and say BOO YEAH. If you thinkz da scarfty is da best

Considering I just 6-0'd with DD Scrafty... Well, I think my vote is obvious

Probably Scrafty or Dragonite since they're bulky and can easily get in a few Dragon Dances.

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

My favorite Dragon Dancer is Scrafty, he has very good defenses and Dark/Fighting STAB kills everything

In the lower tiers or on a rain team, definetly whiscash. Even though he's not one of the choices in this poll, hes definetly one of the best.

Hes fairly bulky, has access to hydration (1 turn rests), is quite good after a dragon dance, and has STAB EQ and aqua tail / waterfall.

Plus, he just looks so awesome shiny, how can you not just love to use him? xD
    Credit to atari!

All that remains till the shiny national dex is mine!
        Spoiler:- spoiler:

I'd say its close between Scrafty and Dragonite. Wishcash gets honorable mention because of STAB Earthquake and Waterfall plus an array of various other moves at his disposal

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii! View Post
    I voted Dragonite, it becomes powerful after using Dragon Dance. I have not yet used a Scrafty
    Everyone gets better after Dragon Dance IMO.

Dragonite is the easiest to set it up with because it has its great ability and it can Roost for itself.
        Spoiler:- Favorite Pokes:

Spoiler:- What am I?:

Either Dragonite, or Scrafty. Scrafty's amazing movepool + Moxie, or D-Nite + Multiscale + Roost = Ownage.

Hi, I'm Lewis and I do Smash Bros and Nintendo Content for YouTube! UK Melee/Project M/Smash 4 Player.

Speedruns:

Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

In my mind, Whiscash is the best DracoDancer.
    JK XD, actually tbh I really like DD TTar, but when I need a sweeper, DD Mence is that way to go.
    Mence has pretty decent bulk which is nice to have around on your team, the only problem is his x4 weakness to ice :L

OXIII MK7 Race Hub ~ 69-7030-4607-1242
        Spoiler:- Contact Info:

Dragonite because of his bulk and his DW ability and can roost off the damage to reactivate multiscale
    No.

I voted salamence, he is the best late game out of the three you posted.
    Who said moe cant be Gar?

Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664
    Poison safari : Muk Cascoon Venomoth

I HATE the Hoenn region and its winguls with a passion that can burn steel beams. But i love move tutors, Lets see how this goes...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast