65 39.63%
  • Dragonite

65 39.63%
  • Salamence

34 20.73%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Dragon Dancer

Salamence sucks, Done.
    Scrafty has good defenses and can get 2-3 DDs up, making 5-1 or 6-0 games common.
    Dragonite's other sets are better, especially in the rain.
    There's a Problem, Why is Scrafty 43 on the OU ladder and Jellicent 18
    It would make sense if they switched that around
    DONATE TO THE HELP DAZ SCRAFTY PROGRAM TODAY BY USING HIM IN ALL OF YOUR PO BATTLES AND NEVER JELLICENT

I would say Dragonite because of his lethal DD + Outrage combo due to his base stats.

I'd have to say Scrafty. It's got enough bulk to be able to set up one or two DDs and it helps that it has a wide range of moves. It also has access to the Moxie ability which can just continue to increase it's attack after every KO.

I prefer Dragonite, actually. Multiscale makes it incredibly easy to set up and sweep. It even has Roost for recovery!
    Scrafty is still wonderful, though. It has a respectable bulk and the right moves to be a massive threat.
    Cottonee is mine :3
    Claims; Shirley (Code Geass) and Dahlia Hawthorne (Ace Attorney)-

Scrafty's good in theory, but it's only used by noobs put it out first and instantly think you're gonna 6-0. Of course it's near unstoppable when you get a couple DDs up, but isn't everything else? DDers just aren't as viable as they were before, with weather everywhere and 5th gen raising the standards for both Atk/Sp. Atk and Speed. Leading off with a DDer? Well, you better watch out for a good anti-lead, namely Choice Band Haxorus. Got a DD up with a Scrafty? That's wonderful, because you're still outsped by Thundurus and Scarf Terrakion, who will easily pummel you. Basically, if you still want a DDer on your team, it should be either Salamence or Dragonite, although Gyarados gets an honorable mention. They all have above average offensive stats to begin with.

EDIT: A +1 Jolly Scrafty actually outspeeds Timid Thundurus by 1 point, but you get the point.

Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

Scrafty is better with Bulk Up than DD

Dragonite is the best DDancer

Mixios (Latios) is actually pretty good IMO. I've used him many times, and he ALWAYS gets a DD up because of the suprise factor. He even has a couple of useful physical moves like EQ and Outrage. Plus he can still go special and outspeed basically the entire tier after his one DD. :0

DD Bulky Dragonite is the best IMO. Definitely gets up at least one DD and Roost back up. It's getting alot usage in OU. Salamence is dangerous when it can manage to get a DD up but it's not so easy as it's not as bulky as Multiscale Dragonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    DD Bulky Dragonite is the best IMO. Definitely gets up at least one DD and Roost back up. It's getting alot usage in OU. Salamence is dangerous when it can manage to get a DD up but it's not so easy as it's not as bulky as Multiscale Dragonite.
    It's easier when you switch it ion on a type that it totally resists.
    I'm gonna ing you all night long!

I prefer to run Dragon Dance with Kingdra or Salamance than Dragonite

Ah, Dragon Dance. I'm going to throw some of my crap out.

My personal preferance is a Sub+DD Gyarados, because you trade off +1/+1 or +2/+2 Ice Fang/Waterfall/Filler for +4/+4 or +5/+5 Waterfall/Filler when set up right. People never expect a Bulky GyaraSub, but it works so well, I'm confused I'm the only one I've seen to run it.

My second choice would have to be Kingra, the few times I've seen it in any tier it wrecks stuff.

If I'd like to point something similar out; Flygon would be a whole lot harder to handle if he got DD, but if he got QD, that'd be heck.

I'd also like to give a few honorable mentions for sheer "Wow..?" factor; Tropius is an interesting choice in lower tiers; Feraligatr seems like a cool idea, and could be useful when it gets it's DW ability; Lapras is a freaking Plesiosaur that dances and then smashes; Whiscash for DD+Hydration+Rest. EDIT: Oh yeah, and maybe a Eviolite DD Shelgon in RU. I've gotta try it out...

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Haxorus can be decent with DD.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Wiscash. You forgot to add A WHOLE BUNCH of dragon dancers.

All the other ones suck

Haxorus does NOT suck with DD. The only reason you think it may suck is that it needs some support. With screens, Haxor can sweep an entire team rather easy with DD help.
    Originally posted by: R4GEKILL!!! No need for STAB. STAB is stupid.
    LULZ

"Yes, I will see you through the smoke and flames on the frontlines of war and I will stand my ground until the end, until we conquer them all."

Black:5286 2326 2599
    I rather adore music. I less than three it. <3

"Let's believe that if we all stand together, we're a force that could shake the whole world. For once I'm doing something right when we say, 'Woah, woah.'"

I'll battle anything as long as I've got Pokemon to put the team together.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudVII View Post
    Haxorus does NOT suck with DD. The only reason you think it may suck is that it needs some support. With screens, Haxor can sweep an entire team rather easy with DD help.
    Exactly, Haxorus is kinda frail compared to other dragons. A DD Dragonite can 6-0 teams frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I call hax, type some random racial slur all in caps, then ragequit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I wish I was joking, but based off all the naked fights in my front lawn I do pretty well assuming the person isn't trying to kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDENCRS View Post
    Exactly, Haxorus is kinda frail compared to other dragons. A DD Dragonite can 6-0 teams frequently.
    I disagree. Dragonite rarely has the chance to set up in my experience. And he is quite easily walled by something like jellicent.

I think Kingdra in a non-rain team is the best DD user personally.

All the other ones suck
    You can't honestly mean that Gyrados and Haxorus suck with D-dance. That's just rubbish.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

I disagree. Dragonite rarely has the chance to set up in my experience. And he is quite easily walled by something like jellicent.

You're implying that something with +1 attack backed by a base 134 attack stat is walled by something with defenses of 100/70? Wow. Dragonite could never beat that.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by spuds4ever View Post

Kingdra is walled by so much more than Dragonite that this isn't even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by spuds4ever View Post
    You're wrong. With Multiscale, Dragonite is pretty much guaranteed to be able to set up at least one Dragon Dance, and possibly two. Coming off an attack stat of 134, that's pretty crazy. Plus, Dragon Claw gets really good neutral coverage. It's neutral to Jellicent, and the poor jellyfish only has 100/70 defenses.

^ Click this for good times ^

Who said Dragonite dont Dragon Dance? Boy you crazy. I run mine with a Lum Berry, Dragon Dance, Outrage, Roost, and Extreme Speed. Yeah yeah "It's walled by Steels", because Steels are gonna hurt me? Tell that to Skarmory or Magnezone when I'm at +6
        Spoiler:- Favorite Pokes:

Spoiler:- What am I?:

Dragonite is the best from my own experience. I've rarely been in a situation where a bulky DD Nite hasn't gotten at least one or two dances up and swept or at least done a ton of damage. There are times where I've even managed to get more than to DD's (my personal record is 5). Fantastic, that's all I have to say.

Scrafty is great and all, but I find it's Dark typing to be both a blessing and a curse. It gives it almost unresisted STABs, but gives it a bad weakness to Fighting attacks. This makes is very easy to kill with things like Terrakion and Conkeldurr, possibly before it can even do any real damage. It's also a bit too slow for my tastes, as a +2 Jolly Scrafty is still outsped by +1 base 95s and faster. Still, it is very bulky and has great coverage, so it's got a niche.

Salamence is pretty bad off with DD, from what I've seen. It's better off going mixed. Outrage/Draco Meteor/Fire Blast/Earthquake is practically impossible to switch in without some risk, while a DD Salamence can be defeated by a number of Scarf users that may come in on the DD and force it to switch out or die.

I'll be completely honest, DD Haxorus kinda sucks from my own experience. Even with DD up, it is still outsped by +1 Hydreigon and the base 100s, a fairly important speed tier. It's also fairly frail without screens, but if you're going to set up screens to have a not-so-frail Haxorus, you might as well set up screens and have a stupidly bulky Dragonite. Haxorus is honestly better abusing it's ridiculous Atk stat and using Choice Band (Rivalry CB is pretty incredible).

I personally prefer RestTalk sets on Gyarados, but bulky DD sets are kinda nice. All-out offensive DD sets just don't have the same luster they used to, and they seem so much easier to handle to me.

Kingdra really lost a lot of its luster with the Drizzle + Swift Swim ban, but the ChestoRest set has worked pretty well for me. Like Dragonite, it can usually get up a couple of DDs if you play right, but it lacks that same power that DNite has.

DD Latios is pretty fun, especially when your opponent sends in a Scarf user to check it as you DD up and outspeed. Kinda gimmicky, but fun.

Feraligator has the potential to be pretty good in the lower tiers if DD and Sheer Force every become legal together. Until then, not so much.

Tyranitar is just awful now with DD. There's so much Fighting priority and so many fast Fighting types in OU now that it's not even funny. Tyranitar is much better off using a Choice or mixed set.

Rayquaza is a fantastic Dragon Dancer in Ubers, but everyone expected as much from something like him.

That's my two cents on the more common Dragon Dance users. Unless I'm forgetting something important, the rest are usually unconventional or downright bad.

I would agree with the guys who said Dragonite because of it's Multiscale ability. It can get at least one DD, and also has access to Roost if necessary. My second choice would be Scrafty, and then Salamence.

Personally, I'd rather use Bulk Up on Scrafty. The extra bulk helps against the fighting priority imo.
    Plus, even with a few DDs it's still rather slow :/

Salamence is better off as a mixed set, too.

So, I guess Dragonite would be my choice.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast