Item Attached: Rocky helmet
    Ability: Sheer Force
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

Counters:
    Poliwrath Done
    Go! Espeons everywhere, and...
    Go! The Shadow Triad

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/dvkd95.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/34te8p5.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11m8hfq.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/xb0jmg.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2mdpdg3.gif[/IMG]

Credit to Dark shadows art corner for all the pics

Why don't people actually read what Rampardos's Abilities actually negate:
    http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/sheerforce.shtml
    http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/moldbreaker.shtml

Brick Break is NOT Sheer Force boosted, nor are high critical ratio Moves.

Quote Originally Posted by mushroomnews157 View Post
    isn't fire punch with sheer force illegal?

I don't know if it illegal but actually... Can a DW Cranidos get legally Fire Punch .___.?! (I don't know if it can)

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_BS-TyKi_xX View Post

I don't know if it illegal but actually... Can a DW Cranidos get legally Fire Punch .___.?! (I don't know if it can)
    No. Unless they release a third 5th Gen game (which they likely will) with more Move Tutors (which they may do since they've done it before with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Gen), Fire Punch and a plethora of other Moves are illegal with Sheer Force Rampardos. Not even Egg Moves will give you Fire Punch.

REGARDING SHEER FORCE FLARE BLITZ DARMANITAN: It also has a chance to burn, so it counts for Sheer Force and negates the recoil. Pretty sweet. Hope that clears things up.

Rampardos, Rampardos, Rampardos... Such strongness, but so stupid! BADNESS! You cannot walk five feet without needing somebody's help, you fink-rat! And this is the mustard on your bread of competitive viability, the mustard of DOOM!

Ahem. Sorry about that, Rampardos can't do anything, ANYTHING, without support. And even then, it can be out sped or priority'ed, which will always keep it from OU.

Ramparados can run Ttar's support set:

Ramparados@Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant/ Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
    -Stealth Rock
    -Pursuit
    -Fire Punch
    -Dragon Tail
    Obviously Ttar can do this much better, so It would be best to use this in UU or RU/LU. It should be noted that in sandstorm Ramparados gets a Sp.Def boost, but in RU/LU, there is no perma sandstorm... Anywho, Stealth Rock is for... Well what is Stealth Rock NOT for? Pursuit is to trap Psychics and Ghosts, as well as anything else that fears Ramparados. Dragon Tail for phazing and works awesome with Stealth Rock, and Fire Punch is for coverage.
    ~~Insert Creative Sig Here~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    No. Unless they release a third 5th Gen game (which they likely will) with more Move Tutors (which they may do since they've done it before with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Gen), Fire Punch and a plethora of other Moves are illegal with Sheer Force Rampardos. Not even Egg Moves will give you Fire Punch.

Thank you Kraleck n__n I was like Daah D: how the hell it could get that? anyway thank you for the explain n_n

REGARDING SHEER FORCE FLARE BLITZ DARMANITAN: It also has a chance to burn, so it counts for Sheer Force and negates the recoil. Pretty sweet. Hope that clears things up.

Actually Sheer Force doesn't negate the recoil
    Last edited by Xx_BS-TyKi_xX; 1st August 2011 at 7:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_BS-TyKi_xX View Post

Thank you Kraleck n__n I was like Daah D: how the hell it could get that? anyway thank you for the explain n_n
    No problem.

A Rampardos for Doubles/Triples

Partner: Telepathy Beheeyem

Second Partner: a slow(ish) Flying Type without Pressure (Braviary or Noctowl with a -Speed Nature works)

Backup: Slowbro/king to switch into Rampardos's spot, a fast Flying Type like Crobat for the Flying Type's replacement (when Trick Room ends), Accelgor for Rampardos's spot (when Trick Room ends)

Triple Position: Center

Stats: Brave/Sassy, 252 HP & Attack, 6 Sp.Def

Moves: EQ, Rock Slide, Hammer Arm, Crunch

Strategy
    Beheeyem uses Trick Room while Rampardos uses Hammer Arm or EQ (depends on opponent(s)). If you survive the initial onslaught, use your now superior Speed to sweep. Slower Pokemon for Backup if your Pokemon faint during Trick Room. Faster Pokemon for Backup if you fail to get Trick Room up or it expires before the job is done.

In LC cranidos has the highest attack stat i think and is awesome with choice scarf as a revenge killer, or with rock polish and focus sash as a sweeper after most priority users (a few notable ones are buizel, machop and timburr) are removed. It can also somewhat effectively use any of rampardos's sets or be used in a trick room team.
    Rate my UU Team
    NOWZ!!!!!
    The Fallen

The Forbidden Empires are open!!!

(Click on the banner for a link)

Clan Chat

Endeavor

Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    Nature: Jolly +Spd/-SpAtk, Adamant +Atk/-SpAtk
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 SpDef

Head Smash
    Earthquake
    Endeavor
    Rock Polish/Roar/Dragon Tail/Bulldoze

Head Smash has a base power of 292 along with STAB and the Life Orb. Earthquake hits most steels except for Skarmory which gets hit by Head Smash. Then Endeavor hits hard with Head Smash and the Life Orb. Rock Polish ups your speed and Roar and Dragon Tail forces a switch. Bulldoze lowers the opponent's speed and it does damage and it has a priority of 0.

A Dos of Support

Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Jolly +Spd/-SpAtk
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Spd/ 4 SpDef

Toxic
    Stealth Rock
    Pain Split
    Roar/Dragon Tail

Stealth Rock is an entry hazard. Toxic cripples. Pain Split also cripples and heals. Roar and Dragon Tail forces a switch, allowing you to hit them with Stealth Rock, cripple with Toxic, or heal with Pain Split. Dragon Tail also keeps you from being completely useless when Taunted.

Support Dos should be partnered with a Pokemon that can Taunt and use Trick Room or Tailwind so it can hit first.

Raparados in general should be partnered with Trick Room.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 6th August 2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: I wanted to add some stuff.

mhm... love this poke. i use this set.

Item: focus sash
    Nature: Brave +Atk/-Spd
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 4 HP

Endeavor
    Zen Headbutt
    Focus Blast
    Flamethrower

so Zen Headbutt for those pesky fightings like the Hit... trio. focus blast for some added power. flamethrower for steel and grass coverage. and when you get to your sash, endeavor, endeavor, endeavor
    I have claimed Octillery!

Regarding Sheer Force: It ONLY affects moves with a chance effect, such as status, stat drop on opponents, flinch, or stat raises on self. It does not affect recoil moves (i.e. Rock Head), moves with 100% effects (i.e. Hammer Arm), or Brick Break. Flare Blitz gets it from the burn chance, and it does not negate recoil.
    FINE. I'LL MAKE A SIGNATURE

My White team:
    Reserves:

I claimed Plusle. I don't know what claiming it does, but I claimed it.

A +6 Att 10th round metronome Helping-Hand boosted Max Attack Victini V-Generate vs. a -6 Def Min. Defense min. HP Paras in Sun does 135516-159432 damage, or 75286.7%-88573.3%

Encourage gives Rampardos about 95 base Special Attack meaning it can OHKO Ferrothorn, Scizor, Forretress and Skarmory with Fire Blast with virtually no investment. It can also use Ice Beam to easily wipe out Gliscor, Landlos and Hippowdon.

A Rock Polish set could possibly sweep if you remove all opposing Conkledurr, Excadrill, Scizor.. well ok, its still a bad set.

rampardos isnt that bad as long as you remove the following...

All users of priority and speed raising moves

after that you have a clean sweep...
    so yeah use rhyperior
    Rate my UU Team
    NOWZ!!!!!
    The Fallen

The Forbidden Empires are open!!!

(Click on the banner for a link)

Clan Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Tyranitar View Post
    rampardos isnt that bad as long as you remove the following...

All users of priority and speed raising moves, anything that outspeeds rampardos, all scarfers, excadrill and chlorophyll users, stuff that isn't ohko'd by any of it's attacks, and basically the opponent's entire team

after that you have a clean sweep...
    so yeah use rampardos
    I fixed this for you~

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Encourage gives Rampardos about 95 base Special Attack meaning it can OHKO Ferrothorn, Scizor, Forretress and Skarmory with Fire Blast with virtually no investment. It can also use Ice Beam to easily wipe out Gliscor, Landlos and Hippowdon.

A Rock Polish set could possibly sweep if you remove all opposing Conkledurr, Excadrill, Scizor.. well ok, its still a bad set.
    It still has to hit with Fire Blast (85% accuracy, remember) and survive a hit with Rock Polish. Hail and traps are very bad for its health, so Focus Sash+Rock Polish has several fatal flaws...

I have yet to see a successful Scizor set without Technician+Bullet Punch or a Gliscor slow enough to be outsped by Rampardos. Plus, Base 101 Speed on Landorus means you have little chance to get an Ice Beam into it without a prediction on a switch...

Rampardos move evaluation

TM moves

Basically what i am doing is giving the uses of moves. SF stands for sheer force.Moves that are sheer force boosted will have (sf)beside them.

Roar-phazes.
    Ice Beam(sf)-hits stuff like gligar/scor and Dragon/Ground pokes(especially flygon)
    Smack Down- smacks flygon,claydol and gligar/scor so you can hit em' with earthquake.
    Thunderbolt(sf)-hits waters?
    Earthquake-hits steels and rock/grounds.
    Return-100 base power.no coverage.don't use it.
    Brick Break-also for steels.maybe for normals chansey
    Flamethrower(sf)-hits skarm and ferro.also scizor,but you'd probably get bullet punched first.
    Fire Blast(sf)- same as above,only stronger but less accurate.
    Rock Tomb(sf)-lowers targets speed with mold breaker.could ruin some semi-fast stuff...
    Focus Blast(sf)-special brick break.
    Payback-Rampardos is slow enough to use it.
    Rock Polish-doubles your speed.Very useful,if you can set it up properly.
    Stone Edge-outclassed by sheer force rock slide.you could get lucky and land a crit.
    Bulldoze(sf)-same boat as rock tomb but no stab.
    Rock Slide(sf)-better than stone edge with s.f.Rampardos is too slow to flinch though.
    Dragon Tail-same as roar,but does damage and is not stopped by soundproof(if you're using s.f.)
    Substitute-SubPunch,or safety net.
    Stealth Rock-better leave it to the experts...
    ResTalk-don't see a point on using on Rampardos.i could be wrong.

That pretty much sums it up.
    Last edited by SS_Append; 7th August 2011 at 4:37 AM.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Rampardos @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    Ability: Sheer Force/Mold Breaker
    Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)/Naughty (+Attack,-Sp. Defense)
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Curse
    -Head Smash/Stone Edge
    -Ice Beam/Fire Blast
    -Earthquake
    Champion Teams:
    Leaf Green:
    Soul Silver:
    Emerald:
    Diamond:
    White:

In double/triple battles, Rampardos can be good. I wouldn't recommend using it in singles outside of trick room support, or choice scarf. It might actually work on a sandstorm team as well.

Rampardos@Focus Band
    Nature: Brave
    EVS: 252Atk/92Def/160SDef (0 Speed IV)
    Attacks:
    Earthquake
    Endeavor
    Hammer Arm
    Head Smash/Fire Punch

This set only works for doubles. Your partner doesn't matter as long as it is something that can use trick room and won't take damage from Mold Breaker Earthquake. Would Beeheeyem work? On your first turn, have Rampardos use endeavor while Beeheeyem(?) uses trick room. Since trick room has a negative priority it will go after Rampardos's endeavor, and hopefully after the opponents have tried killing Rampardos. When they do try killing Rampardos, it uses endeavor, making the opponent's HP drop down to hopefully 1. The next turn, when trick room is up, Rampardos will probably be the fastest one out there giving it a good opportunity to kill your opponent. Fire Punch and Earthquake are there for type coverage, Hammer arm is there for the speed dropping effect which will help you speed up, and Head Smash is there to take something down with you when Trick Room is nearly done.
    Don't use this set when the weather is hailing.

What am I suppose to put about Cranidos? For the pre-evolution thing
    ... yup

you can still have fire punch and sheer force on PO... juss sayin'...
    Mmmmm Steel types...

It seems to me, you lived your life like a Litwick in a Whirlwind, never knowing who to Klink to when the Drizzle set in, and i Sudowoodo like to know you, when I was just an Elekid , but the Litwick burned out long before the legend ever did...

Proud Member of "The Triumvirate"

Credit to Gladeshadow

Quite honestly the funniest thing that i have ever heard:
    Originally Posted by Zibdas
    I thought butter was a type until I was 6. I could've sworn there's a butter type...
    DFTBA

^nope, even try it

FC: 2022 2993 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Jeggyg View Post
    you can still have fire punch and sheer force on PO... juss sayin'...
    Maybe so, but outside of metagames, Fire Punch + Sheer Force is illegal. Most people wish to enforce that inside metagames, too, so caveat emptor...

Here's my idea for Rampardos:

Stat/Poison Rampardos (Works best with attack pokemon in double battles)

Toxic (teach by TM)
    Screech
    Scary face
    Pursuit

Lower the enemy's speed and defense by 2 stages and poison them with screech, scary face and toxic. Hit them with pursuit when swapping out their pokemon to keep them running. Sheer force adds even more power to pursuit, which could be combined with scary face to cause more damage.
    Last edited by pokemonranger7098; 3rd August 2011 at 4:04 AM. Reason: Forgot a piece of info

I just want to take a moment to recognize Cranidos, which can really do a lot of damage in LC. With an astounding 125 Attack (which, in LC, destroys everything, better than Arceus, etc.), it can be really amazing with just the simple Rock Polish set. I've even had it lead the team with Focus Sash, and I've destroyed entire teams. I've even used Cranidos in UU, with reasonable results.

Cranidos can also run a great Choice Band set on LC Trick Room teams. There is literally nothing that is not easily KO'ed by that set (okay, I lied. There's Ferroseed, defensive Baltoy, and some Staryu that are a great counter to this. But not much else). I would imagine that this Cranidos set would be a good anti-meta in LC Ubers, where everyone uses Scyther, Sneasel, and Murkrow.

Besides that, there's not much you can do with Cranidos. Eviolite sets, with its awful defenses, are doomed to fail, so you always want Rampardos outside of LC. Even within LC, there are so many better recipients for your Eviolite, so just stick with your standard attack-enhancing items.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast