Originally Posted by Domefossil
Internal battery dead? Well don't reach for the screwdriver and spare, for there is an easier way, my friends, tested by yours truly. Just follow these simple and conscise steps:
1. Turn your GBC/GBA/GBA SP with the G/S/C in it on.
2. Start a new game. Set your prefrences.
3. Save at Elm's or early in the game.
4. If you have a GBA SP, (its much easier with one) turn the light off and put it to charge overnight or for a long time.
5. Your G/S/C cartdridge is barely alive, so the best situation would be to play your heart out and keep leaving it on for hours.
6. When you reach 100 play hours, your internal battery shall be fully recharged, and your game should work as normal.
I have personally done this with my Silver Version, and it worked like a charm.