74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Snivy

36 48.65%
  • Tepig

10 13.51%
  • Oshawott

28 37.84%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite Unova starter?

Default What is your favorite Unova starter?

Basically is about what your favorite Unova starter is and why.

My favorite is Tepig because it is a cool looking when it becomes Emboar the fire/fighting pokemon and it can learn scald.

Second favorite is Oshawott because it looks amazing as a Samurott and has less weaknesses.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.

Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016

I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

My apologies to the users and mods of Serebii for my unprofessional posts.

Snivy because it fully evolves into a cool Serperior, which has a good HA, Contrary, allowing it to overpower the other starters when combined with Leaf Storm. When I first saw them, Snivy appealed to me the most because it looked cooler than the other starters.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Images from Bulbapedia, Banner from upload to Imgur

Oshawott because it evolves into one of my six favorite Pokemon, Samurott.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" - Sgt. Greg Parker, SRU

Oshawott is my favorite Gen 5 Starter since he's perfectly adorable: Dewott and Samurott don't impress me much though. Snivy's my second favorite though. It just looks so cool.

Forgot to mention my second favorite, which would be Tepig.
    I like Tepig a lot better than Pignite and Emboar, though.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" - Sgt. Greg Parker, SRU

Snivy/Serperior hands down became my favorite starter. Snakes!! I did not like Servine though Snivy and Serperior where the ones who I liked and chose on both BW and BW2.
    Their designs just said/screamed cool, and elegant with a tint of serious.
    Created by Archangel Armada

Although I don't like Oshawott design-wise as much as Snivy and Tepig,I keep choosing it because I love Samurott.Serperior's movepool is too limited and it lacks attacking power,and Emboar is too slow(not to mention the third Fire/Fighting fully evolved starter in a row),so Samurott appears to be the most balanced of the three.

I like the three of them about the same, but I'd say that I like Oshawott a little more than the other two. It's pretty cute and I generally prefer Water Pokemon over Fire and Grass types. Plus, out of the final evolutions of the Unova starters, I think I enjoyed using Samurott the most.
    ~ * * ~

Snivy all the way. My favorite out of all Grass-starters, and my favorite Unova starter. I used it while playing through Black and it was great. A somewhat limited movepool didn't matter much when it had great defenses and speed to make up for it. It also has a really cool Hidden Ability, and it would have been really cool if it had ever been released with it in this generation. Now it never was but it doesn't matter because it is still cool. The designs of the Snivy line are cool too, Serperior in particular is really cool and I like its near-royal look.

Though I really like Oshawott and Tepig as well, both of them were fun to use when I played through White and Black 2, respectively.

My battle cry rings with uncertainty
    When monsters block the way we'll take them down
    You will know our names

Snivy has always been my favorite and Serperior is still easily one of my all-time favorites, within the top ten at least. Serperior looks really regal, while also being a giant snake that fires off Leaf Storms, which is awesome. Tepig and Oshawott aren't too bad I guess, but the former's evolutions are pretty ugly, while Samurott's design just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

Probably Snivy. Trust me, I chose Tepig in White and I hate the damn thing. Snivy, though... okay, maybe Grass isn't exactly the best type, but the design is just perfect. And when we get to Serperior... oh boy. I like snakes in general, but Serperior just looks like a real king of the jungle, don't it? The only thing I can think of that really detracts from the line is how annoying Servine is in Pokemon Rumble Blast. Damn Leaf Tornado...

Snivy, I like the evolutions and how it becomes a snake.
    Oshawott is second, I always liked Dewott and Samurott but I didn't originally like just plain Oshawott. The anime changed that though and I picked him in B 2

Snivy all the way, he's the only grass starter I love besides Treeko. Honestly it has to be a good Pokemon to get me to use grass ones, I love his design and all the evolutions he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalosian View Post
    The designs of the Snivy line are cool too, Serperior in particular is really cool and I like its near-royal look.
    I love Serperior's regal-like design as well since I find it very beautiful and appealing. Serperior has my favourite design of the final evolutions of the Unova starters for sure.

Snivy was the first starter I used in the Gen 5 games, so I also have a soft spot for the Snivy line because of that.
    ~ * * ~

I found the Snivy line the most useful/powerful of all the starter lines, especially earlier in the game. There just aren't a lot of useful Grass types until late in the game.

I like somewhat bulky water types, so Oshawott family is my favorite. I also like the design of Samurott the most, so that's another reason.

I actually always pick the grass starter first for every Pokemon game that I play, so the first starter I picked was Snivy. I might've liked this family the most, but I don't like its in-game stats too much.

Tepig. I don't like the Snivy or Oshawott lines, save for Dewott. I like Emboar's design and that it can learn a lot of different types of moves. If only it wasn't fire/fighting.

I enjoy Snivy and its evolution line quite a bit mainly because of their snake design and regal look (Serperior). Tepig and Oshawott were bleh to me the first time I seen them.
    ASB TL 1, 25 TP, 4 KO
    Smogon l Twitter l YouTube (I actually upload stuffs)

At first I was going to pick Tepig since I've never began my first playthrough with a fire type yet, but that changed when I saw Dewott in Corocoro. Right then I decided to choose Oshawott instead, but I feel bad for Tepig Especially since it's probably the least popular fire starter. I love all forms of Oshawott though. Dangit no more water starters, I need to pick fire next gen

I like Emboar's design and that it can learn a lot of different types of moves. If only it wasn't fire/fighting.
    Its reductive type combination is one of the reasons why I'm not a huge Tepig fan myself. I didn't like choosing it as my Starter in Gen 5 knowing that it was basically a copy of Torchic's and Chimchar's evolutionary lines.

Another reason that made me prefer Snivy over the other Unova starters is because when I had a first look at their official Sugimori art, Snivy looked smug and cool. Tepig was just too cheerful and Oshawott was just sad.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Images from Bulbapedia, Banner from upload to Imgur

This was the only generation where I actually picked the Grass type (Snivy) over the Water type (Oshawott). I'd rather have a badass snake than a little seal.

Snivy. I really like its evolution line and design, and Grass is my favourite Pokémon type. Funny thing is, I've never picked Snivy, neither in Black nor in Black 2 because I wanted to have other Grass type in my main team (Lilligant and Whimsicott respectively). But I've been thinking to start Black 2 over again and then I'll pick Snivy as my starter.

Oshawott, hands down.

My favorites are generally design-driven: I love otters, and like the real-world equivalent, Oshawott's friggen adorable. Having it use a scallop (well, "scalchop") as an accessory and a weapon was pretty clever - made for a very cool new attack too. Samurott was a bit of a disappointment, since I (like many) was hoping the line would stick with a bipedal-otter-samurai theme...but I still enjoyed using it in my first run through Black and it hasn't dampened my enthusiasm for its first stage. Dewott is pretty perfect too.

Snivy is definitely my favourite cuz it's similar to Treecko and I'm a fan of reptile based pokemon. I like Serperior especially cuz it looks so regal and all. ^^

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast