Thread: How early do you complete your team in Gen 5?

Thumbs up How early do you complete your team in Gen 5?

I've just beaten the Nacrene City Gym Leader, yet my team is not full- undecided, too.

When it comes to the actual planning of my teams, I have all members for them decided early on. I usually start thinking about what to use before I start playing and all remaining decisions are then done very early in the game, around the first or second gym.
    As for when I obtained the final member of each team, it varied quite a bit. Below is how it was for my 5th gen games:
    Black: The last team member I needed was Litwick, which was available before the 6th Gym.
    White: The last one here was a Cubchoo, which I could only catch in Twist Mountain after the 6th Gym. I could have gotten one a bit earlier on Route 7, but that was only during the Winter months and I played through the story of this game during a Spring month.
    Black 2: Frillish was the last one I needed here. It was available as early as Virbank City, and I could have traded over a Pokemon with Surf to get one then, but didn't and had to get it as soon as I had the Surf HM. From what I remember, it could only be obtained after beating the 5th Gym.
    White 2: Here, my final team member was Numel. It could be caught outside of Reversal Mountain, after the 6th Gym.

So in total, my teams for this generation were complete around the 5th and 6th Gym for all games.

But my head's down on the pavement, wondering where the years went
    All the time I spent, under eyes full of contempt
    My mind's still a crutch as I stand at the edge of what's ahead, I'm frozen instead

When I first played, I completed my team by Nacrene. Now, I usually spread it out over the course of the game.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Anyone wanna talk? I wanna talk to some new people on here. Feel free to message me.

After years, I've finally claimed deoxys! Watch your back! hehe...

It depends. For W2, my team was complete just after the 6th, when I got Skarmory, but in W1, my team was constantly changing, as in I had whatever the highest levelled mons were at the time, which ended up as my starter and what I caught on the last route. It was bad, but it really made me appreciate Durant after its performances vs N, Ghetsis and the E4.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
        Spoiler:- ASB stuff:

It usually takes me a while in Black and White since I dislike a good portion of the available Pokemon. I don't usually have a full team until Nimbasa City, and even then my teams during each play-through are almost always the same. :x

Honestly I never really complete mine, because Unova is so diverse I prefer to catch every pokemon possible which means my team is overleveled if I just go for 6-8, so I change it often and use about 30 underleved pokemon with decent typing. I didn't consider my team complete until I have every available pokemon.

I did do my last playthrough with just eeveelutions and a couple of HM slaves though, I started with thee and traded in one after each gym until I had Eevee and all 7 evolutions so it took me until Skyla to get all 8.
    Last edited by Aduro; 22nd April 2015 at 10:31 PM.

I usually have my team completed as soon as trading is available. I plan out my teams in advance and breed for the Pokemon I want to use on one of my other games, then trade them over to the new game as soon as possible.

During my first Gen V playthrough (Black), though, I had to catch my whole team ingame since I obviously didn't have a complete game to breed on/trade from. I believe the last team member I caught during that playthrough was my Chandelure, which I caught as a Litwick in Celestial Tower.
    ~ * * ~

It depends.During my last two playthroughs,the last Pokemon I needed was Joltik,so I completed my team after getting the Quake Badge.During my earlier playthroughs,I wanted to use Mienfoo/Mienshao,so I couldn't complete my team before getting the Jet Badge.

ideally, I never complete it until I reach victory road...I don't transfer pokemon like a lot of people do but rather just pick up pokemon and roll with it...my ideal team has always been serperior, haxorus, hydreigon, krookodile, chandelure, and archeops (Ice weakness come at me)...normally, I wouldn't get hydreigon or archeops until really late so I'd settle for a swanna or a seismitoad for a flyer or surfer...I also use early game pokemon like herdier, zebstrika or unfezant until I can get axew...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Omega Ruby Team:

I usually complete my team by the time I'm almost at Nimbasa City. I usually try to get a well balanced team so I end up catching the same Pokemon every time I restart my save file.

~Credit goes to Cresselia92~

On first playthrough I had everything I wanted right before Nimbasa City.
    Emboar, Unfezant, Scrafty, Krookodile, Leavanny and Seismitoad.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Now accepting single battles!
    Started from the bottom now we here.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

I plan on not completing my team until around the 8th Gym. What I have planned is: Samurott, Excadrill, Lilligant, Eelektross, Chandelure, and Braviary.

I have my team full as soon as I reach the desert and catch my Sandile. Only swap later to get Deino onboard.

It usually depends. If I see something I like, I'll catch it and add it to my team. I'm not overly picky about it, haha.

For my current play though of Black, my final pokemon will be a Deino, to be Evolved into Hydreigon. Of course, That means my team will not be complete until near the end (Victory Road). Though, that is for my complete end-game team. My team will have all 6 slots filled by the time I have gotten Elgyem, because I have a pokemon that is used for gym effectiveness only until Deino.
    Bulbasaur OP! Plz Nerf!

I technically finished my White team after I already finished the game. It included Serperior and Hydreigon but whenever the situation changes, I make changes to my team.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!
    R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015
        Spoiler:- Other Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    I don't transfer pokemon like a lot of people do
    I rarely do that honestly. I'd rather catch and raise my own teams without transferring, though I'm kinda lazy when it comes to that late in B/W, hence why I usually stick with early route Pokemon for my teams.

I never really had a planned team, I just go with a Flyer for every new game I start. And I transferred my Shinies from BW/B2W2 into X and Y because I was afraid it would suffer an internal battery failure like what happened when I put in my Emerald GBA game. I can still play them but better safe than sorry.
    Friend Code: 1564-3276-9539, Ground safari Phanpy, Nincada, Diggersby
    Name: Ani-Mei, X name Theia, Y name Virgil
    AS name Yuna, OR name Tidus

I usually plan every team of every playthrough beforehand, so.... it's complete whenever I reach the route where I can catch the 6th one XD

Spoiler:- Credits:

The last time I played the story, I had a four pokemon team, Emboar, Lucario, Lilligant and Braivary. Then Zorua came and I put hima and Emboar in the box. So really, it depends on your playstyle. There was a time i didn't leave route 201 in pearl until I had a Torterra (It took sooo long.)