Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you name Hugh?

Default What did you name Hugh?

In Black and White versions, Cheren and Bianca had preset names; therefore you couldn't choose their names. However B2W2 allowed you to name this guy:

"I'm about to unleash my rage because you gave me such a dumb name!"

So what name did you choose for Hugh? I named him Patrick the first time I played W2, then decided I didn't like him so I named him Fart the second time around because I was feeling immature. The third time I just named him Hugh.

U.S. State Face-Off | Main Series Game Face-Off | Pokemon Anime Face-Off | Beverage Face-Off
    Looking for tallyists and co-owners for some of my face-offs. PM if you're interested

I named him Hiroshi, after the old joke about his name in Japan. This was before I had even known about his canon name.
    A strong spirit transcends rules.

I called him Scorpion because I was calling myself Sub Zero during one play through.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

To me, Hugh is such an ugly name reminds me of the word ugh and like someone is trying to spit a loogie or something. Named him Matthew from the list of names I like and mostly because when I hear the name Matthew it just, to me, screams anger. I mean kind of like his personality. An angry person. Also reminded me of an OC of mined named Matthew who was a pain in the neck for most of the time being angry and "unleashing his rage."
    Created by Archangel Armada

I named him Cloud in White 2, due to his hair reminding me of a fluffy cloud . Hugh, for the longest time, I pronounced it wrong, giving it a hard 'g' instead of a silent one.
    ~Hoping for Sinnoh Remakes~
    Banner made by yours truly~
        Spoiler:- Credit!:

Oh yeah, you can name him |D.

I didn't name him, for some reason. I'm not sure why, either, probably because there was something a little charming about having a character be named something as uncommon as "Hugh". I don't hear that name much anymore in real life, only other time I hear it on a regular basis is the character Hogarth Hughes from The Iron Giant, but that's about it. So I guess I just found it interesting that "Hugh" is his default name.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2015 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

I have absolutely no idea what I called him.
    Until now, I totally forgot you could in those games.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" - Sgt. Greg Parker, SRU

I left it with the default name, Hugh, in both B2 and W2. Somehow, I wanted to get through the introduction fast.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me

Just "Hugh" for me.

I generally stick to the canon names for rivals (as long as I'm aware of them.) I never even nicknamed my Pokémon until I started trying Nuzlockes.

I only played Black 2 and I called my rival Timmy cuz that's what I was told to call him by my friend. I just went with the suggestion lol. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Altaria View Post
    I left it with the default name, Hugh, in both B2 and W2.
    It just occurred to me to check my games, and apparently I did the same.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" - Sgt. Greg Parker, SRU

Not really fond of the name Hugh, so I named him Ace first as it just seemed like a snazzy cool name for a cool game. In second playthrough I wanted sharp edgy to mirror his arc with Team Plasma, so I named him Pierce.
    If you're a fan of Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, DC Comics and Movies, Fear The Walking Dead, GTA, Heroes, Mass Effect or Saints Row, hit me up with a VM, I'm always eager to talk about things I like with fellow fans.

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

I named him Zed in Black 2 and Ted in White 2. Can't remember the reasons as for why I gave him those names. Though I guess I at least wanted him to have a similar name in both games, which is why they were almost the same. And then I usually have a tough time coming up with good and creative rival names, which is why I tend to prefer the situations when the rivals have set names that can't be changed.
    A new future is about to begin

The past and the present will not be forgotten

I'm pretty sure I've named him Hugh every time I've played BW2. I rarely give the rivals different names anymore as I like going with the canon ones. And I often have a hard enough time choosing a name for the player character.
    ~ * * ~

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller2001 View Post
    It just occurred to me to check my games, and apparently I did the same.
    Nice one, too.

When naming rivals, at the very start of playing Pokémon, I tend to use the first name in my mind but now, I use their actual names.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me

"Hugh". I'm unoriginal and I like going with the canon names like the others have said. It keeps the game going faster since I'm not sitting there trying to think of a good name for my rival XD

The Simpsons is terrible now, but still.

Hugh. I go with the most generic names every time I play a game. Unless I can choose the main characters name and then it's my name.
    We all live in a Pokémon world.
        Spoiler:- ❤️:

Legends Untold
    Science Division

I named him "Zane" after a similar character in a different anime. Seems to fit IMO.

"Robert" after Robert Smith, lead singer of the Cure. Admit it, that's what his hair makes you think of.

I just stick with Hugh. It seemed easier and more simple that way.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.

My Dragon gym leader/elite 4 and champion team - Mega Charizard X, Kingdra, Garchomp, Haxorus, Dragalge and Tyrantrum

My legendary Dragon team - Mega Rayquaza, Black Kyurem, Latios with Soul Dew, Dialga, Palkia and Reshiram

Currently waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.

Goodra is likely to be released again. Ash is likely to lose the Kalos league.

Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016

I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

Hugh, keep it simple.

In my Black 2 playthrough,I named him Rayoku.In White 2,I named my rival Khoury.

I named him Hugh. A name I've never been particularly fond of for a character I've never been particularly fond of.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

I thought the name Edwin would be a good idea to use, so that's what I named Hugh.

I usually name my rival Cj. Not sure why it's just a tradition I guess XD

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast