Page 240 of 287 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250 ... LastLast
Results 5,976 to 6,000 of 7154

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

  1. #5976
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    i have a flawless timid raikou...hold on...

    edit: nvm i got it mixed up with the iv's lol...so tired so i goofed that up its iv's were 30/31/30/31/31/31 hp ice...sorry for the confusion...so dewey is right i searched out timid on those iv's he said and got nothing...so no it can't be possible

    alright dewey got it for you now hope you can help...i got the eon timer too for you just to make sure if im doing it wrong too...
    this is the eon timer shot before searching what delay to hit
    this is after i got a delay hit but its at 2 sec? so confusing...
    Ok, first, you target delay should be what seed to time tells you, which in this case is 5017, and not what pandora's box told you. Change the delay from 5028 to 5017. Second, why do you have calibrated seconds set to 14? That might be the problem. To be honest, i don't even know what that box is for, i just leave it blank and adjust the target seconds as needed. That is the biggest difference that I see that i think would be throwing you off. (seriously, what is that box even for?) And finally, it might help to choose a higher delay. I don't remember how close 5017 is cutting it, but iirc you would need to rush a bit to get set up. If you take your time and go slow you might be better ready to hit A when the timer runs out instead of mashing A like crazy trying to get there in time. Try adjusting those things and see if that helps
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  2. #5977
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Ok, first, you target delay should be what seed to time tells you, which in this case is 5017, and not what pandora's box told you. Change the delay from 5028 to 5017. Second, why do you have calibrated seconds set to 14? That might be the problem. To be honest, i don't even know what that box is for, i just leave it blank and adjust the target seconds as needed. That is the biggest difference that I see that i think would be throwing you off. (seriously, what is that box even for?) And finally, it might help to choose a higher delay. I don't remember how close 5017 is cutting it, but iirc you would need to rush a bit to get set up. If you take your time and go slow you might be better ready to hit A when the timer runs out instead of mashing A like crazy trying to get there in time. Try adjusting those things and see if that helps
    alright thanks that what it was then my eon timer and also i have 14 cuaz this thread showed it to me...i mostly learned it from smogon how to set up the timer so yeah and the help of three of you guys here...ill try that and see what happens...also i have done lots of close cut delay its fun sometimes i did it for my first 4th gen breed shiny calm feebas i got...it was fun for the shiny frame...

    smogon 4th gen guide
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 18th August 2012 at 2:58 AM.

  3. #5978
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    england ,east midlands
    Posts
    189

    Default

    i am just about to take my 1st attempt at this, i still don't understand it very well but im going to give it a shot, im aiming for a flawless metang
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

    *WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

  4. #5979
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    england ,east midlands
    Posts
    189

    Default

    mmm i am starting my game up on the very second of the time i input into the rng parameter finder and the correct iv's and get no results, tried it twice with 2 different pokemon on 2 different attempts, could someone suggest what i am doing wrong please. i also have the correct mac adrress in, ds and game set correct too
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

    *WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

  5. #5980
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richm88 View Post
    mmm i am starting my game up on the very second of the time i input into the rng parameter finder and the correct iv's and get no results, tried it twice with 2 different pokemon on 2 different attempts, could someone suggest what i am doing wrong please. i also have the correct mac adrress in, ds and game set correct too
    don't try to aim for any particular time just yet. load the game whenever, and then mark down the hours, minutes, and seconds. if you are not use to RNGing, your timing maybe off so just hit any time and mark it down, but don't aim for a particular time per se
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  6. #5981
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    26

    Default

    I would really like to learn how to do this, but I'm scared it would mess up certain functions of my game...like if I mess with the time or whatever I read so far, would it mess up my city/forest and daily swarm?
    CubMilitia

    DWF: (Black 1)
    DWF:

    White 2 FC: 0605-4535-7783

    3DS FC: 1435 3966 1591

  7. #5982
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DKDG View Post
    I would really like to learn how to do this, but I'm scared it would mess up certain functions of my game...like if I mess with the time or whatever I read so far, would it mess up my city/forest and daily swarm?
    no, it won't. the only thing that's really affected is your access to the Dream World.

  8. #5983
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    well, from what i hear White Forest/Black City get emptied out too, but i never had anything in there, so I'm not sure
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  9. #5984
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    well, from what i hear White Forest/Black City get emptied out too, but i never had anything in there, so I'm not sure
    Well, not exactly even though I only have 3 people in it whenever I RNG and fly to black city to level up the pokemon in the nearby routes they're still there but they have high stay rates so just keep talking/battling with everyone so the game will be more likely to keep them.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

    Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

  10. #5985
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    well, from what i hear White Forest/Black City get emptied out too, but i never had anything in there, so I'm not sure
    if you keep changing the time and date it actually prevents them from leaving lol.

  11. #5986
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    england ,east midlands
    Posts
    189

    Default

    I do not need to worry about daily events and whatnot, ive done the national dex, I just want to get as many flawless pokemon in advance ready for vgc"13 so I am prepared, I don't want to miss out on the possible chance of going Hawaii or somewhere

    *Edit* also I want to aim specifically for a flawless metang. To make a flawless metagross so when I start my game up and mark in the time can I just keep sweet scenting until I come across metang, catch it and enter in the IV's? Or do I need to catch a pokemon as quick as possible when I get into the game?
    Last edited by richm88; 19th August 2012 at 10:38 AM.
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

    *WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

  12. #5987
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Strailya
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Have you found you parameters yet?
    Because if you have then you can start rnging
    However you might want to bear in mind the fact that it is very difficult to find flawless wild seeds and so you might want to breed a flawless beldum
    Alder is the only trainer with any kind of life, whilst the others all sit around waiting for you to come he actually does stuff
    Black team:
    my SS friend code: 5071 8957 0494
    my Black friend code:1807 7435 2952

    RNGing is legitimate, it takes time and effort unlike hacking
    My Awesome Trade shop (click the Magikarp)

  13. #5988

    Default

    Could somebody who is really pro at RNGing and is patient help me with starting to RNGing?
    I read alot of guides and I dont really understand the begging part when you have to find your parameters and all the "loading the game at the right time".

    So yeah, I would be really thankful if somebody could be answering my question when i try to RNG for the first time.
    I claimed:


  14. #5989
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    england ,east midlands
    Posts
    189

    Default

    ive got to the point where i have options to search for, currently 3 on near flawless deinos , i set the time and date and i get woobats, its at 1 frame so i don't need to take any steps just sweet scent, i cannot seem to figure out what is going on, i have to start up the game a second early too according to parameters , i really could do with some help
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

    *WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

  15. #5990
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    So I would like to RNG a shiny flawless Rayquaza on Emerald and I was wondering if that's possible and exactly what steps I would have to take?

  16. #5991
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richm88 View Post
    ive got to the point where i have options to search for, currently 3 on near flawless deinos , i set the time and date and i get woobats, its at 1 frame so i don't need to take any steps just sweet scent, i cannot seem to figure out what is going on, i have to start up the game a second early too according to parameters , i really could do with some help
    what IV frame are you using?


    Quote Originally Posted by Johto_girl View Post
    So I would like to RNG a shiny flawless Rayquaza on Emerald and I was wondering if that's possible and exactly what steps I would have to take?
    It is possible, but extremely doubtful you'll ever be able to do it on a retail emerald cart.

  17. #5992
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    england ,east midlands
    Posts
    189

    Default

    IV frame? as in the stats i am searching for
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

    *WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

  18. #5993
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    what IV frame are you using?




    It is possible, but extremely doubtful you'll ever be able to do it on a retail emerald cart.
    Oh what about a shiny Rayquaza with a decent nature then? Not flawless.

  19. #5994
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johto_girl View Post
    Oh what about a shiny Rayquaza with a decent nature then? Not flawless.
    more doable, but still unlikely, since there isn't any way to RNG your ID/SID to easily produce a shiny combination on Emerald, so it would be dumb luck. Easiest solution would be to do it on a dead battery Ruby or Sapphire, since it's extremely easy to RNG your game ID, and get a decent shiny frame.

  20. #5995
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    england ,east midlands
    Posts
    189

    Default

    so if my frame is one i only need to sweet scent and not take any steps at all and i can have up to 5 pokemon in my party?
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

    *WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

  21. #5996
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richm88 View Post
    so if my frame is one i only need to sweet scent and not take any steps at all and i can have up to 5 pokemon in my party?
    do you know what an IV Frame or a PID frame is?

  22. #5997
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    more doable, but still unlikely, since there isn't any way to RNG your ID/SID to easily produce a shiny combination on Emerald, so it would be dumb luck. Easiest solution would be to do it on a dead battery Ruby or Sapphire, since it's extremely easy to RNG your game ID, and get a decent shiny frame.
    I actually know Emerald's SID which I found out by migrating a pokemon onto HG and then uploading it to Pokecheck. So would this help?

  23. #5998
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johto_girl View Post
    I actually know Emerald's SID which I found out by migrating a pokemon onto HG and then uploading it to Pokecheck. So would this help?
    sort of, it means you can use RNG reporter to find any shiny frames your game has, but it doesn't mean they'll be good.

  24. #5999
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    england ,east midlands
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    do you know what an IV Frame or a PID frame is?
    im not too sure i may be doing what i need to do , im not sure, could tou please explain to me
    i have all my data for a metang i just caught, i have a near flawless seed time and date with frame 5,i have 4 pokemon in my party so i need to take 128 steps and then sweet scent in the grass.
    my question is does turning on the spot count as a step and can i use a repel without that counting as a step or frame?
    Last edited by richm88; 19th August 2012 at 5:54 PM.
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

    *WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

  25. #6000
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Grannvale
    Posts
    353

    Default

    how do you find out your sid?
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Page 240 of 287 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •