Page 254 of 286 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264 ... LastLast
Results 6,326 to 6,350 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

  1. #6326
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Nothing in there really help.
    What im doing is trying to is the DS Parameters search (which assuming by the guide on SMogon that Im following, is the very first step)(My goal is to be RNG'ing for eggs.)
    When I press "DS Parameters Search" and go to the DS Parameter Finder, I input all the information, I dont leave anything out but the box that says "First half of seed". After starting a game, imputing the time and IV's of the pokemon, I press search and the Seconds, VCount, Timer0, GXStat, and VFrame are all filled in, but that is all that happens. I dont know what to do after, the box, 'Results', where my seed is supposed to show, remains empty, and the button that says 'Send Results to Profile" remains greyed. I dont know what to do ater this. I have repeated the steps where I start the game with a timer and catch a pokemon 4 times, and have gotten not different results (different IV's and such, but not on the RNG reporter, still blank).
    I dont know how to get the Results box in the DS Parameter Finder to display something, that is my problem.

    Edit: Forgot to mention, Im using White.

    Edit 2: I got it to work, turns out I was marking my time from the wrong spot, thought I had to do it from when it asks if I want the C gear.
    Last edited by Konaru; 6th November 2012 at 7:13 AM.

  2. #6327
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Merced CA, USA
    Posts
    153

    Default

    I recently tried to RNG the Tirtouga in my entree forest (I heard that entralink pokemon do not require delay in BW2). I didn't get it right, and thought that I hit an adjacent seed, but when I checked, none of the IVs matched in any of my Timer0s. I hit the exact date and time, did the proper button presses, and I know I did not walk 128 steps so the starting frame should stay the same. I heard that entralink pokemon start on frame 25, but I heard from somewhere else that they start on 26 (I had it on 25). Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

    "Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

    - Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

    This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.


    Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

    3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey


    Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

  3. #6328
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I'm attempting RNGing for the first time with Black 2 on a 3DS. My offset time is 7 seconds rather than 1. I'm trying to catch Virizion on Route 11 since Cobalion has a walking NPC near it. I keep aiming for flawless stats, but keep ending up with the wrong ones......except I keep getting the same wrong ones. Is there a way to check what seed I'm hitting rather than what I'm aiming for?
    Looking for a Ditto in Friend Safari!

    My Friend Code is 0318-7761-1714
    I am Bug type and have Heracross, Butterfree, and Masquerain!

  4. #6329
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JTrainer View Post
    I recently tried to RNG the Tirtouga in my entree forest (I heard that entralink pokemon do not require delay in BW2). I didn't get it right, and thought that I hit an adjacent seed, but when I checked, none of the IVs matched in any of my Timer0s. I hit the exact date and time, did the proper button presses, and I know I did not walk 128 steps so the starting frame should stay the same. I heard that entralink pokemon start on frame 25, but I heard from somewhere else that they start on 26 (I had it on 25). Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    I do believe that the starting IV frame for B/W2 entralink pokemon is 25. The easiest way to check would be to paste your seed into the main window and set it to Gen 5 IVs (Standard Seed) and hit generate and see if the IVs match frame 25 or 26 (Also, Entree Forest pokemon are stationary encounters iirc). Also, the IVRNG does not reset the step counter when you power off, so if you save your game at 127 steps, taking just one more when you turn your game on next will advance the IVRNG by the number of pokemon in your party. To reset the step counter you can always get into a battle with a wild pokemon and then setup to RNG. After that, you will still have to fight with ~6+ Timer0 values, but you should get it eventually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ditto4Life View Post
    I'm attempting RNGing for the first time with Black 2 on a 3DS. My offset time is 7 seconds rather than 1. I'm trying to catch Virizion on Route 11 since Cobalion has a walking NPC near it. I keep aiming for flawless stats, but keep ending up with the wrong ones......except I keep getting the same wrong ones. Is there a way to check what seed I'm hitting rather than what I'm aiming for?
    Indeed there is. In Time Finder right click on your seed and hit "Generate Adjacent Seeds" from the drop down menu. In the pop up window fill everything out just like you did Time finder (paying close attention to the encounter type) and fill in your Timer0 range. Then hit generate and search for the corresponding IVs to see what Timer0 you hit. If you do not see the right IV set and are certain you set everything up correctly, than you missed you seed completely. Alternatively, if you are catching the pokemon as soon as you start the game and are not doing any IVRNG advancements, you can just run a parameter search using the seed's date and time and the IVs you got from the pokemon (this will not work with eggs, however). Honestly though, this really won't help you any but confirm that your Timer0 pulled a switcheroo on you. Once you know you were trolled by your Timer0 all you can do is try and try again or change seeds.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  5. #6330
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,237

    Default

    Guys, I don't have any original cartridge of Generation V games, so... Will RNG work in a flashcard (DStwo)?
    I read somewhere that it does not work, but the thread is very outdated.

    If not, I'll try to RNG in Generation IV games. Thanks!

  6. #6331
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Guys, I don't have any original cartridge of Generation V games, so... Will RNG work in a flashcard (DStwo)?
    I read somewhere that it does not work, but the thread is very outdated.

    If not, I'll try to RNG in Generation IV games. Thanks!
    You can RNG on a flashcart, yes. How though, is beyond me as I do retail only. I have heard that it is much more difficult to RNG on a flashcart as well, but again, I can't say so personally. As far as guides go, I have heard others mention them so just google it and you should find some promising results before long.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  7. #6332
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Indeed there is. In Time Finder right click on your seed and hit "Generate Adjacent Seeds" from the drop down menu. In the pop up window fill everything out just like you did Time finder (paying close attention to the encounter type) and fill in your Timer0 range. Then hit generate and search for the corresponding IVs to see what Timer0 you hit. If you do not see the right IV set and are certain you set everything up correctly, than you missed you seed completely. Alternatively, if you are catching the pokemon as soon as you start the game and are not doing any IVRNG advancements, you can just run a parameter search using the seed's date and time and the IVs you got from the pokemon (this will not work with eggs, however). Honestly though, this really won't help you any but confirm that your Timer0 pulled a switcheroo on you. Once you know you were trolled by your Timer0 all you can do is try and try again or change seeds.
    So apparently I was aiming for a Timer0 that I have never hit when calibrating my game. Changing the seed worked! Thank you soooooooo much for your help!!!
    Looking for a Ditto in Friend Safari!

    My Friend Code is 0318-7761-1714
    I am Bug type and have Heracross, Butterfree, and Masquerain!

  8. #6333
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Um.....now I'm wondering if it's just me but.... I have a problem with the RNG reporter program I downloaded from the 1st post of this thread. Adobe can't open it because it seems to be "damaged", so right now I'm running it with WinZip and it works just fine. The problem is, I'm using the evaluation version that will run out in less than a month so I won't be able to RNG anymore, unless I buy the full program or fix it with Adobe.

    Does it fix by itself by downloading the latest version, or is there something else I should do?


        Spoiler:- Credits:

  9. #6334
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    You can RNG on a flashcart, yes. How though, is beyond me as I do retail only. I have heard that it is much more difficult to RNG on a flashcart as well, but again, I can't say so personally. As far as guides go, I have heard others mention them so just google it and you should find some promising results before long.
    Well I just needed the confirmation. I am going to google it for sure.


  10. #6335
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post


    Well I just needed the confirmation. I am going to google it for sure.

    Yes, it's certainly possible, however, from what I've heard, there is much more variance in your parameters than an actual retail game, making it much more frustrating.

  11. #6336
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Yes, it's certainly possible, however, from what I've heard, there is much more variance in your parameters than an actual retail game, making it much more frustrating.
    Okay... I may buy a retail game if needed, but I'd rather buy B2 or W2 instead of B or W.
    Does RNG works on the sequels? =(

    There is another problem: I have a DSi, I've read that RNG doesn't work on this model.

  12. #6337
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Okay... I may buy a retail game if needed, but I'd rather buy B2 or W2 instead of B or W.
    Does RNG works on the sequels? =(
    Of course, it's exactly the same as BW, except there are no longer C-Gear seeds, and you can't RNG eggs anymore (due to a coding error combined with a particularly stupid method of generating the egg).

    There is another problem: I have a DSi, I've read that RNG doesn't work on this model.
    That bit of information is very outdated, RNG abuse has been possible for nearly a year on those models.

  13. #6338
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,237

    Default

    Thanks Agonist! If the problem is only the lack of a retail game, I think buying one isn't gonna hurt.

  14. #6339
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Goddangit, I've been trying to hatch a shiny Emolga all evening, but with no result.

    The thing that worries me is that apparently I've not been able to hit a single seed. I mean, I start the game with no c-gear, bring up the menu and get the egg as fast as possible, but I never got a single result that matches any of the frames in RNG reporter's main window... Both when i did and didn't do the chatot cries.

    I tried re-reading all the guides I knew about, but they didn't tell me anything I didn't know. After all, I've already successfully RNGed a good-ish IVed shiny Alomomola egg a few months ago.

    The one thing I'm unsure about is the IV frame: every guide that I followed was made using PPRNG (the one for mac I think) instead of RNG reporter, and when it comes to setting the frame in the time finder they say to set the IV frame Min/max at 8/8, and the PID frame's min/max from 1 to around 400.
    Problem is, RNG reporter's time finder window only has ONE box saying "min/max frame" on the upper left. Wich frame is that supposed to be? IV, or PID? Until now, I assumed that it's the PID. But I could be wrong.
    I almost wish it is, 'cause I don't know what else I could be doing wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post
    Um.....now I'm wondering if it's just me but.... I have a problem with the RNG reporter program I downloaded from the 1st post of this thread. Adobe can't open it because it seems to be "damaged", so right now I'm running it with WinZip and it works just fine. The problem is, I'm using the evaluation version that will run out in less than a month so I won't be able to RNG anymore, unless I buy the full program or fix it with Adobe.

    Does it fix by itself by downloading the latest version, or is there something else I should do?
    Just re-quoting this in case somebody could help me with that too ^^


    ANY reply would be greatly appreciated


        Spoiler:- Credits:

  15. #6340
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7

    Default

    And I'm back with a new problem. So I'm trying my hardest to catch a shiny Cottonee and I just can't seem to get it right. I saw an earlier post that sometimes your starting frame isn't what RNG Reporter predicted, but I keep getting starting frames that are at least 1000 frames away.....and then another several thousand to get the shiny one......with the wrong ability. There must be something I'm doing wrong but not sure what.
    Looking for a Ditto in Friend Safari!

    My Friend Code is 0318-7761-1714
    I am Bug type and have Heracross, Butterfree, and Masquerain!

  16. #6341
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post
    Goddangit, I've been trying to hatch a shiny Emolga all evening, but with no result.

    The thing that worries me is that apparently I've not been able to hit a single seed. I mean, I start the game with no c-gear, bring up the menu and get the egg as fast as possible, but I never got a single result that matches any of the frames in RNG reporter's main window... Both when i did and didn't do the chatot cries.

    I tried re-reading all the guides I knew about, but they didn't tell me anything I didn't know. After all, I've already successfully RNGed a good-ish IVed shiny Alomomola egg a few months ago.

    The one thing I'm unsure about is the IV frame: every guide that I followed was made using PPRNG (the one for mac I think) instead of RNG reporter, and when it comes to setting the frame in the time finder they say to set the IV frame Min/max at 8/8, and the PID frame's min/max from 1 to around 400.
    Problem is, RNG reporter's time finder window only has ONE box saying "min/max frame" on the upper left. Wich frame is that supposed to be? IV, or PID? Until now, I assumed that it's the PID. But I could be wrong.
    I almost wish it is, 'cause I don't know what else I could be doing wrong.




    Just re-quoting this in case somebody could help me with that too ^^


    ANY reply would be greatly appreciated
    First here is a gen 5 guide based off of RNG Reporter that I hear is pretty good and easy to follow.

    In RNGR the min/max boxes under the egg tab are indeen the PID frame. RNGR will only ever give you egg IVs from IV frame 8 so you don't need to worry about that and you can just focus on the PID. In the main window, right click on any frame and than click "Display Parents in Search" and, after you fill out the IVs from the mother and father as well as get the IVs from frame 8, this will display the IVs for each frame. That will make it easier for you to find out if you did indeed hit your seed or not. Also remember, there is one WNPC that can cause your SSF to jump around a bit so your starting frame will NOT be what RNGR tells you, but it will be very close. Keep in mind too, it is possible that your Timer0 just would not cooperate and you were trolled the entire time.

    As for the issues with RNGR not working, what version did you download? The newest version (that I am aware of anyway) is 9.96.4 beta. This also requires firmware 4.5 to run properly, so if you downloaded a newer version of RNGR but not the firmware update, that is probably the issue. It is also worth noting that the newer versions of RNGR are not compatible with Windows XP or any older OS. Newer versions of RNGr require Vista or a newer OS to work. The developers decided that a 40% increase in seed searching capabilities was far more desirable than supporting an 11 year old OS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ditto4Life View Post
    And I'm back with a new problem. So I'm trying my hardest to catch a shiny Cottonee and I just can't seem to get it right. I saw an earlier post that sometimes your starting frame isn't what RNG Reporter predicted, but I keep getting starting frames that are at least 1000 frames away.....and then another several thousand to get the shiny one......with the wrong ability. There must be something I'm doing wrong but not sure what.
    If there are WNPCs in the area than the frame RNGR gives you as your SSF will be inaccurate as the NPCs will advance the frame before you can pull up the menu. Even so, the SSF should never be 1000 frames off unless there is weather in the overworld. If there is no weather than you might have just missed your seed due to Timer0 switching. If you think you did everything right and just can't figure out what is going wrong, it might be helpful to switch seeds and see if you have any better luck with a new seed.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  17. #6342
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    If there are WNPCs in the area than the frame RNGR gives you as your SSF will be inaccurate as the NPCs will advance the frame before you can pull up the menu. Even so, the SSF should never be 1000 frames off unless there is weather in the overworld. If there is no weather than you might have just missed your seed due to Timer0 switching. If you think you did everything right and just can't figure out what is going wrong, it might be helpful to switch seeds and see if you have any better luck with a new seed.
    I'm in the little grass area in Castelia City, so no weather and the only NPC doesn't move. Does him standing there cause a problem?

    I've tried switching seeds, the last one said 7000 steps to hit my target frame. No way I was going to count that high lol.

    Here is a different seed, but I'm not sure how to deal with it being on Frame 4:
    Seed 91B9A926BA8C2240
    Frame 4
    Required Lead Synchronize
    Shiny Frame 314
    Encounter Slot 1
    Date\Time 09/17/12 20:58:23
    Timer0 1683
    Keypresses Y
    Last edited by Ditto4Life; 12th November 2012 at 4:59 PM.
    Looking for a Ditto in Friend Safari!

    My Friend Code is 0318-7761-1714
    I am Bug type and have Heracross, Butterfree, and Masquerain!

  18. #6343
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    First here is a gen 5 guide based off of RNG Reporter that I hear is pretty good and easy to follow.

    In RNGR the min/max boxes under the egg tab are indeen the PID frame. RNGR will only ever give you egg IVs from IV frame 8 so you don't need to worry about that and you can just focus on the PID. In the main window, right click on any frame and than click "Display Parents in Search" and, after you fill out the IVs from the mother and father as well as get the IVs from frame 8, this will display the IVs for each frame. That will make it easier for you to find out if you did indeed hit your seed or not. Also remember, there is one WNPC that can cause your SSF to jump around a bit so your starting frame will NOT be what RNGR tells you, but it will be very close. Keep in mind too, it is possible that your Timer0 just would not cooperate and you were trolled the entire time.

    As for the issues with RNGR not working, what version did you download? The newest version (that I am aware of anyway) is 9.96.4 beta. This also requires firmware 4.5 to run properly, so if you downloaded a newer version of RNGR but not the firmware update, that is probably the issue. It is also worth noting that the newer versions of RNGR are not compatible with Windows XP or any older OS. Newer versions of RNGr require Vista or a newer OS to work. The developers decided that a 40% increase in seed searching capabilities was far more desirable than supporting an 11 year old OS.
    That's good to hear right now I'm gonna be trying to hatch something else from two different parents and see if it works for them, because I could always have got the wrong IVs for one of the parents...
    I considered the timer0 making fun at me too, but I did try multiple times each passage (both the attempts at finding my actual starting PID frame and at hitting the frame I want) but it would just never add up.
    I completely forgot about the roamers though, so I'll be checking if I didn't accidentaly release the Tornadus. Fingers crossed!!! That might just be it >.<

    I think it's an older version 'cause everytime I open it it asks me if I want to download version n°9.96.4, but I never dared to do it in fear that it won't run on my adobe/winzip programs. I do have windows 7 so I'm not worried about compatibility, so I guess I'll stick with this one until Winzip's free trial runs out. Then I'll update it and see what happens :|

    Btw, thanks a lot for the help
    I'll let you know if I make any progress...


        Spoiler:- Credits:

  19. #6344
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ditto4Life View Post
    I'm in the little grass area in Castelia City, so no weather and the only NPC doesn't move. Does him standing there cause a problem?

    I've tried switching seeds, the last one said 7000 steps to hit my target frame. No way I was going to count that high lol.

    Here is a different seed, but I'm not sure how to deal with it being on Frame 4:
    Seed 91B9A926BA8C2240
    Frame 4
    Required Lead Synchronize
    Shiny Frame 314
    Encounter Slot 1
    Date\Time 09/17/12 20:58:23
    Timer0 1683
    Keypresses Y
    7000 steps? There shouldn't be any steps unless you are advancing the IVRNG. Unless you meant Chatot flips?

    As for an IV frame higher than 1 you would need to walk 128 steps to advance hte IVRNG by the number of pokemon in your paty. so for a fame of 4, you would need to walk 128 steps with 3 pokemon in your party (The IVRNG starts on frame 1 so you need to advance it 3 times to get to 4, so have 3 pokemon in your party when you walk 128 steps.) Keep in mind though, that this might also advance the PIDRNG too if you walk in an area that generates pokemon (Grass, water, cave, etc. Also note that any NPCs can advance the frame too, but if the only one in the area is stationary, that won't matte.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  20. #6345
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    7000 steps? There shouldn't be any steps unless you are advancing the IVRNG. Unless you meant Chatot flips?

    As for an IV frame higher than 1 you would need to walk 128 steps to advance hte IVRNG by the number of pokemon in your paty. so for a fame of 4, you would need to walk 128 steps with 3 pokemon in your party (The IVRNG starts on frame 1 so you need to advance it 3 times to get to 4, so have 3 pokemon in your party when you walk 128 steps.) Keep in mind though, that this might also advance the PIDRNG too if you walk in an area that generates pokemon (Grass, water, cave, etc. Also note that any NPCs can advance the frame too, but if the only one in the area is stationary, that won't matte.
    I definitely meant frames not steps lol. Thanks for your help! I'll let you know if it's a success.
    Looking for a Ditto in Friend Safari!

    My Friend Code is 0318-7761-1714
    I am Bug type and have Heracross, Butterfree, and Masquerain!

  21. #6346
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    It is my understanding that in BW2 the first egg is always the same, however I've seen someone claim that their first egg will sometimes have a different gender. Why is that?
    Free Rattatas. PM me
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

  22. #6347
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7

    Default

    It's still not working. I'm going to check I'm doing it right:

    1) Go to location and save with a non-Synchronizer in the lead.
    2) In RNGR, do what I've done in the pic in Time Finder.



    3) Pick your seed, and go into the game, with the appropriate date and time, holding down the appropriate buttons until the game freak star appears. Then enter the game without turning on c-gear.
    4) Without making the season name disappear early, sweet scent and catch the first pokemon that comes up.
    5) Find that pokemon in the results generated on the main screen. That should be your initial frame. This is what mine looked like when I generated the results (let me know if it's wrong):



    6) Set up the date/time again, and this time when you go into the game use, in my case, my two chatots to advance the frame.

    Here's a question: the formula is (Target) - (Initial) - (Starting) + 1. Is my starting frame the frame Time Finder said (the one next to the seed column)?

    7) Use sweet scent and bam, that should be the pokemon.

    But it hasn't been. And can't figure out why. Thanks for the continual help, it is truly needed!
    Looking for a Ditto in Friend Safari!

    My Friend Code is 0318-7761-1714
    I am Bug type and have Heracross, Butterfree, and Masquerain!

  23. #6348
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    It is my understanding that in BW2 the first egg is always the same, however I've seen someone claim that their first egg will sometimes have a different gender. Why is that?
    The fist egg is generated and stored in a call to the RNG that goes through a messed up process resulting in the egg returned being the same egg all the time. So, once you deposit the 2 pokemon and they lay an egg, that egg is set in stone. However, if you take it, hatch it, and keep collecting eggs, things work ... normally (actually, the process is still scewy, but aside from people who want to RNG the egg, no one will be able to tell or probably care). Now if you take the paents out of the day care and put in new paents, a few things might change depending on the gender ration, the pesence of a DW ability or not, the mothers ability, an everstone, and so on. But that first egg is set. If you collect it, hatch it, turn the game off and repeat, you will get the same result every single time. I'm still a little confused on the finer details of the egg generation process (can't RNG it, so there isn't much reason for me to go beyond that) but generally speaking, the first egg is the same until something changes or it is collected.

    My best guess is they changed the parents around or changed some other factor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ditto4Life View Post
    It's still not working. I'm going to check I'm doing it right:

    1) Go to location and save with a non-Synchronizer in the lead.
    2) In RNGR, do what I've done in the pic in Time Finder.



    3) Pick your seed, and go into the game, with the appropriate date and time, holding down the appropriate buttons until the game freak star appears. Then enter the game without turning on c-gear.
    4) Without making the season name disappear early, sweet scent and catch the first pokemon that comes up.
    5) Find that pokemon in the results generated on the main screen. That should be your initial frame. This is what mine looked like when I generated the results (let me know if it's wrong):



    6) Set up the date/time again, and this time when you go into the game use, in my case, my two chatots to advance the frame.

    Here's a question: the formula is (Target) - (Initial) - (Starting) + 1. Is my starting frame the frame Time Finder said (the one next to the seed column)?

    7) Use sweet scent and bam, that should be the pokemon.

    But it hasn't been. And can't figure out why. Thanks for the continual help, it is truly needed!

    Okay, there are a few things going on here that could be improved upon to make this easier for you.

    First and most glaringly, If you have an seed with an IV frame of 1, why are you not using that? If the Timer0 is the issue than I would narrow your Timer0 ranges and keep searching for a seed with IV frame 1. Just out oif curiosity, what are you RNGing and where? IIRC there are no NPCs around you yes?

    Second, your method of finding your SSF is outdated and makes things harder on yourself. The main window will display Chatot pitches for each frame (Low, Mid-Low, Mid, Mid-High, High) and by matching these pitches you can tell if you hit your seed and where you are on your seed too. So if there are no NPcs in the area and you are using an IV frame of 1, the first chatot pitch should match what RNGR tells you your SSF is.

    Third, you filled out Time Finder correctly and your seeds should work, but you shouldn't fill anything out in the main window as that will limit your results. just mark down the type of RNG you are doing (Gen 5 PIDNG in this case) and fill out other useful information, like synchronize, encounter type, etc, but leave the IVs, nature, encounter slot, ability, and gender blank. Those are more for gen 3 frame searching than gen 4/5 abuse.

    Fourth, your equation is wrong ((Target) - (Initial) - (Starting) + 1) it should be Target Frame (TF) - Starting Frame (SF) - 1. So based on your screen shots Your TF is 314 and your SF is 55, so it should be 314 - 55 - 1 = 258 chatot flips. Do note though, if your IV frame is 4 and you are advancing your IV frame by walking in an area that spawns wild pokemon, you will be advancing your PID frame at the same time by 1 for every step you take. So if your SF is 55 and you advance your IV frame, your SF will be at least 55 + 128 (183 btw) but that number will vary based on the number of steps you take, NPCs, and other factors (using an IV frame of 1 is the easiest way to go as you don't have to worry about any of this).

    Just a few helpful hints but other than that, you seem to have the right process down, now it is just a matter of persistence and luck
    Last edited by dewey911p; 14th November 2012 at 6:21 AM.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  24. #6349
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    GOOD NEWS! (for anyone who cared-me lol)

    I indeed managed to hatch a Brave Shiny Lillipup with 31/31/31/29/31/31 last night, from two parents I RNGed out of the grass myself and therefore of whom I'm absolutely positive of their exact IVs.

    Moral of the story, I probably just got my female Emolga's IVs wrong before. Wich makes me reconsider the method I've been using to find out IVs with the daycare....
    Basically I hatch/catch one myself (so that I know for a fact it's UT and with no EVs assigned anywhere), leave it at the daycare and walk around until it gets a few levels up. Then I withdraw it and calculate its "average" IVs with the IV calculator. Then I drop it off again and level them up a bit more, then re-check the IVs until I can make a stable average of the results.
    For example my Emolga was:

    Lv.14) 5-11/8-14/16-22/25/9-15/2-8
    Lv.19) 6-11/14-18/12-22/25/12-16/0-4
    Lv.22) 4-8/14-18/21-25/25/12-16/4-7
    Lv.26) 6-9/12-15/15-22/25/11-14/2-5
    Lv.30) 7-9/14-16/20-23/25/14-16/4-7
    Lv.34) 5-7/12-14/22-24/25/13-15/3-5
    So I thought the exact IVs were 7/14/22/25/14/4. Maybe I should check it a few more times at a higher level...


        Spoiler:- Credits:

  25. #6350
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Why not just deposit the pokemon on pokecheck to get their exact IVs? Without exact IVs RNGing will be a real pain. Or you could just use flawless parents all the time, that works too.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Page 254 of 286 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •