Page 255 of 286 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 7143

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Why not just deposit the pokemon on pokecheck to get their exact IVs? Without exact IVs RNGing will be a real pain. Or you could just use flawless parents all the time, that works too.
    Last time I tried to use pokecheck, it said the connection coordinates weren't "valid". Also, I'd need to get the thing back in the same day, instead of putting it up somewhere until I can somehow retrieve it.

Wish I had flawless parents to use. Or, more specifically, I wish I had two parents of whom I know the exact IVs. I use a Herdier I RNGed a couple days ago as the father but if I want to hatch an Emolga, then I need a female Emolga, and those are just the kind of effers you really can't jusr RNG out of the grass. If I could, I wouldn't even bother hatching an egg, if I already could get a shiny one from the wild :-P

Though in my last series of failed attempts, I noticed something weird. I mean, it's already weird that i seem to have a problem with Emolga specifically, since I already got the same father to produce a successful egg RNG. So naturally I came to the conclusion I got mom Emolga's IVs wrong.
    But maybe that's still not it.
    I mean, after a while I got frustrated and started to flick around with the mother's IVs box. And I noticed that, as long as they still fitted the IV pre-requisites in the upper boxes (wich I think were >30; <31; >30; >30; >30; >30), the same seeds still came up.
    The one I was targetting was a hasty female who inherits HP, att. and def. from the dad, mom and dad respectively. And it still came up when I setted the mom's att. from 14 to 13.

So the IVs only influence the actual results's IVs, but not directly the seeds? Why should I still not be able to hit my seed then, if it doesn't depend on the parents's IVs?

I'm.......so lost X_______X
    I am throwing away this mother and going to attempt with another female Emolga but...seriously, what's going on.
    Last edited by Absol Wings; 14th November 2012 at 2:45 PM.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Okay, there are a few things going on here that could be improved upon to make this easier for you.

First and most glaringly, If you have an seed with an IV frame of 1, why are you not using that? If the Timer0 is the issue than I would narrow your Timer0 ranges and keep searching for a seed with IV frame 1. Just out oif curiosity, what are you RNGing and where? IIRC there are no NPCs around you yes?
    I'm trying to get a shiny Cottonee in Castelia City with one NPC nearby, but he doesn't move. I believe it is Location 1 on the B2 Encounter table. The only reason I wasn't using the IV frame of 1 was to avoid the start or select buttons to hold down. Since they resize the window, I wasn't sure if it still counted for holding them down until the game freak logo.

Second, your method of finding your SSF is outdated and makes things harder on yourself. The main window will display Chatot pitches for each frame (Low, Mid-Low, Mid, Mid-High, High) and by matching these pitches you can tell if you hit your seed and where you are on your seed too. So if there are no NPcs in the area and you are using an IV frame of 1, the first chatot pitch should match what RNGR tells you your SSF is.
    I have a hard time telling what the chatot pitch is. Any tips for figuring out all the mid pitches?

Third, you filled out Time Finder correctly and your seeds should work, but you shouldn't fill anything out in the main window as that will limit your results. just mark down the type of RNG you are doing (Gen 5 PIDNG in this case) and fill out other useful information, like synchronize, encounter type, etc, but leave the IVs, nature, encounter slot, ability, and gender blank. Those are more for gen 3 frame searching than gen 4/5 abuse.

Fourth, your equation is wrong ((Target) - (Initial) - (Starting) + 1) it should be Target Frame (TF) - Starting Frame (SF) - 1. So based on your screen shots Your TF is 314 and your SF is 55, so it should be 314 - 55 - 1 = 258 chatot flips. Do note though, if your IV frame is 4 and you are advancing your IV frame by walking in an area that spawns wild pokemon, you will be advancing your PID frame at the same time by 1 for every step you take. So if your SF is 55 and you advance your IV frame, your SF will be at least 55 + 128 (183 btw) but that number will vary based on the number of steps you take, NPCs, and other factors (using an IV frame of 1 is the easiest way to go as you don't have to worry about any of this).
    Okay, having the equation right in the first place definitely will help. I will try and use a seed with an IV frame of 1, but if I don't, can I advance the IV frame with Chatots or just walking?

Just a few helpful hints but other than that, you seem to have the right process down, now it is just a matter of persistence and luck
    You have been my RNG hero, thank you soooooo much for all your help
    Looking for a Ditto in Friend Safari!

My Friend Code is 0318-7761-1714
    I am Bug type and have Heracross, Butterfree, and Masquerain!

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto4Life View Post
    I'm trying to get a shiny Cottonee in Castelia City with one NPC nearby, but he doesn't move. I believe it is Location 1 on the B2 Encounter table. The only reason I wasn't using the IV frame of 1 was to avoid the start or select buttons to hold down. Since they resize the window, I wasn't sure if it still counted for holding them down until the game freak logo.
    He doesn't advance the PIDRNG, so you're all set.

I have a hard time telling what the chatot pitch is. Any tips for figuring out all the mid pitches?

this works pretty well for me.

Okay, having the equation right in the first place definitely will help. I will try and use a seed with an IV frame of 1, but if I don't, can I advance the IV frame with Chatots or just walking?
    You need to walk to advance the IVRNG. 128 steps * number of pokemon in your party = number of frames that get advanced.

Hey guys, I could use a little help RNGing for a Genesect in Black 2. I've RNG'd for wondercard pokemon in BW, and did fine, but I just can't seem to get it to work in Black 2. I've calibrated the reporter, and I've found a few good seeds in the time finder. However, when I actually hit the seed and advance the frames, I end up with a nature and IV spread that I can't even find on the frame list, let alone near my target frame. Does anyone know what might be causing the problem?

P.S: I've ticked the black 2 white 2 box when calculating the initial frame, however I haven't ticked the memory link box since I don't know under which scenarios it needs to be ticked. I'm standing in the Nimbasa Pokemon Centre, so NPC's shouldn't be the problem.
    Latest RNGs:

31/x/31/31/30/31 HP Ghost 70

31/x/31/31/31/31 HP Dragon 70

Timer0 troll is the most likely culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post
    Last time I tried to use pokecheck, it said the connection coordinates weren't "valid". Also, I'd need to get the thing back in the same day, instead of putting it up somewhere until I can somehow retrieve it.
    You could also just use the pokemon in Battle Subway, lose, save the video, and then upload it to wifi. Enter the video's Battle ID number into Pokecheck's Vs. Player and it will show you almost all the information on the pokemon in the battle(name, OT, ID, SID, EV's, IV's, nature, etc.) without actually depositing the pokemon in Pokecheck.
    Last edited by Silvershark; 17th November 2012 at 3:18 AM.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Timer0 troll is the most likely culprit.
    Alright, I'll calibrate it again a couple of times.
    Last edited by Don Bonnigan; 17th November 2012 at 11:00 AM.
    Latest RNGs:

Quote Originally Posted by Don Bonnigan View Post
    Alright, I'll calibrate it again a couple of times.
    You've got multiple Timer0's in BW2, so calibrating doesn't really help beyond telling what Timer0's you'll hit. Just keep trying to hit that seed for your Genesect, and you'll get it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    You could also just use the pokemon in Battle Subway, lose, save the video, and then upload it to wifi. Enter the video's Battle ID number into Pokecheck's Vs. Player and it will show you almost all the information on the pokemon in the battle(name, OT, ID, SID, EV's, IV's, nature, etc.) without actually depositing the pokemon in Pokecheck.
    Oh sounds good, I'll try doing that.

Meanwhile though, I tried to breed with another Emolga... still no seed matches whatsoever. Wonder what the frekklez is wrong with Emolgas and my game's RNG :-P

Can the Eevee you get from Amanita be female or shiny? I tried to RNG it, but when I advanced the frame for natures, it would always either hit one before or one after, or something at like 166 or something! I know I hit my timer0. Does anything in the room you get it in advance the frame or something?

Also does anyone know where I could find encounter slots for Black 2 and White 2? My PPRNG program doesn't let me view them.
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

- Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.

Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey

Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

Quote Originally Posted by JTrainer View Post
    Can the Eevee you get from Amanita be female or shiny? I tried to RNG it, but when I advanced the frame for natures, it would always either hit one before or one after, or something at like 166 or something! I know I hit my timer0. Does anything in the room you get it in advance the frame or something?

Also does anyone know where I could find encounter slots for Black 2 and White 2? My PPRNG program doesn't let me view them.
    It can't be female, and iirc, it can't be shiny either. Encounter slots for White 2.

Well my persistence paid off. I now have a Modest Genesect w/ 31/18/31/31/31/31. I plan on making him a rock polish sweeper.
    Last edited by Don Bonnigan; 18th November 2012 at 12:29 AM.
    Latest RNGs:

Back again. I really can't hit my seed for my wondercard Genesect. I've looked at re-doing my calibration but I'm still only hitting the same two timer0's. I've been trying to hit this for a couple of weeks now but no luck. When I look at adjacent seeds I also put in a range of timer0's to see if I can find it but no luck.

I've only ever successfully RNG'd on BW and when doing that I've only done wild RNG's and egg RNG's so Wondercards are definitely new ground but I'm sure I understand the process. Having said that does the date that I downloaded the card make a difference to my RNG?

I'm currently using RNG Reporter 9.96.4 and I've also ticked the box for BW2. My main concern here is that my initial frame and my target frame appears to change when I use the BW2 tickbox. For example the time finder says that my target frame is 55 but when I put the seed in to the reporter and tick the box for BW2 the target frame is 53. This just seems weird to me.

EDIT - Just tried to RNG the Terrakion on Route 22 and have hit the same spread too. But when I look at adjacent seeds I can't find the spread I'm hitting. I wouldn't mind so much if I could at least see the seed I am hitting!!
    Last edited by Pidj; 19th November 2012 at 12:33 PM.
    Pokemon Y: FC: 4124-5059-9608
    Safari: rock type: Dwebble; Corsola; Barbaracle

Spoiler:- Gen V:

Is it a good idea to callaborate in victory road? I plan on doing this just near the enterance before you reach the elite four. Also I read somewhere that you should have about five pokemon on your team when you're RNGing, including a sweet scent pokemon and at least two chatot's. I have all of the required pokemon but I wondered if you can do it using just the required pokemon and leave the other three spaces in your party free? Something else I was wondering is which method I'll need to use to RNG Cobalion and other in-game legends.

And I'm completely confused where I have to go to enter the colaboration details in the RNG reporter. Everytime I look at the RNG reporter and attempt to learn how to use it the layout changes.
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 20th November 2012 at 4:23 AM.

If I want to RNG on my Black 2, do I have to do the calibration process like I did for Black 1 when I first started, or can I RNG on it with the info I already got?

Two questions about RNGing for White 2 on my 3DS:

1. Do I still hold off on pressing A until the Gamefreak comet appears or has that changed?

2. Is there any danger to using the home button on the 3DS?

Thanks.
    3DS FC: 1891-2290-4958

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    If I want to RNG on my Black 2, do I have to do the calibration process like I did for Black 1 when I first started, or can I RNG on it with the info I already got?
    Yeah, you still need to calibrate like in BW, unless you happen to have PPRNG, in which case you can use the Unova Link to figure out your parameters a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokk View Post
    Two questions about RNGing for White 2 on my 3DS:

1. Do I still hold off on pressing A until the Gamefreak comet appears or has that changed?

2. Is there any danger to using the home button on the 3DS?

Thanks.
    Yes, you still continue to hold A until the GF comet.

And I've got no clue, but I'd assume just to play it safe, don't press it.

Yeah, you still need to calibrate like in BW, unless you happen to have PPRNG, in which case you can use the Unova Link to figure out your parameters a lot easier.
    Okay, thank you. Guess I'll have to figure out the best place to do that when I am ready to RNG on Black 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    Okay, thank you. Guess I'll have to figure out the best place to do that when I am ready to RNG on Black 2.
    If you haven't battled the stationary Amoonguss on Route 23, that'd be the place imo. Each is level 56, so it's high enough to get accurate results for the IVs, and you can just keep SRing in front of it until you've done it enough times (about twenty times from what I hear).

Quote Originally Posted by Johto_girl View Post
    Is it a good idea to callaborate in victory road? I plan on doing this just near the enterance before you reach the elite four. Also I read somewhere that you should have about five pokemon on your team when you're RNGing, including a sweet scent pokemon and at least two chatot's. I have all of the required pokemon but I wondered if you can do it using just the required pokemon and leave the other three spaces in your party free? Something else I was wondering is which method I'll need to use to RNG Cobalion and other in-game legends.

And I'm completely confused where I have to go to enter the colaboration details in the RNG reporter. Everytime I look at the RNG reporter and attempt to learn how to use it the layout changes.
    Yeah, Victory road should be fine, as long as it's in one of the caves with out any NPC's. The only time you need to worry about the number of pokemon in your party is when there's an IV frame of 2 or higher, in which case it's 5 mon's for frame 6, 4 for frame 5, etc.. If the IV frame is 1, it doesn't matter, just take the pokemon you need and leave at least one slot open for the pokemon you're RNG'ing. If you're calibrating, the Chatot's and sweet scenter are fine on their own. The info for calibrating should be entered in the Find DS Parameters section of 5th Gen Tools.

For RNG'ing legendaries like Cobalion, Method: IV's (Standard Seed) and Encounter Type: Stationary Pokemon.

Yes, you still continue to hold A until the GF comet.

And I've got no clue, but I'd assume just to play it safe, don't press it.
    Thanks for the info. One more question. When RNGing with a 3DS, I'll always have to have it synched with some other type of clock right? So if I miss my seed, I'll have to sync to another clock because the 3DS doesn't have its own, or am I over-complicating this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bokk View Post
    Thanks for the info. One more question. When RNGing with a 3DS, I'll always have to have it synched with some other type of clock right? So if I miss my seed, I'll have to sync to another clock because the 3DS doesn't have its own, or am I over-complicating this?
    Yeah, that's right. One useful thing I've heard is using a DS Phat/Lite's clock to sync to the 3DS, but at that point it begs the question as to why you're not using the DS Lite in the first place. At any rate, a 3DS has more Timer0's than a DS Phat or Lite.

Just here to thank a lot Silvershark for letting me know such a great method of knowing pkmn's IVs.

Although.....the "funny" thing is my Emolga's IVs were already correct as I knew them before...so I'm still here trying to figure out why in the world I was able to hatch a shiny Alomomola and Lillipup in 1 attempt each, but it's been taking me WEEKS with this little effin' flying squirrel.
    I guess I'll try a couple dozen times at finding my starting frame, to completely rule out the possibility of timer0 trolling. Other than that, I'm out of ideas. I really am .______.

Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post
    Just here to thank a lot Silvershark for letting me know such a great method of knowing pkmn's IVs.

Although.....the "funny" thing is my Emolga's IVs were already correct as I knew them before...so I'm still here trying to figure out why in the world I was able to hatch a shiny Alomomola and Lillipup in 1 attempt each, but it's been taking me WEEKS with this little effin' flying squirrel.
    I guess I'll try a couple dozen times at finding my starting frame, to completely rule out the possibility of timer0 trolling. Other than that, I'm out of ideas. I really am .______.
    You're welcome, glad I could help.

Some seeds just aren't as cooperative as others. If it's the Timer0 trolling you, try re-saving in front of the daycare man, that usually helps. That also may shift the starting frame by 1-2 frames from the previous RNG attempts (at least it does when I do it). Based on your earlier posts, I'm guessing its the Timer0, or you just have a seed that's very tricky to hit.

Yeah, that's right. One useful thing I've heard is using a DS Phat/Lite's clock to sync to the 3DS, but at that point it begs the question as to why you're not using the DS Lite in the first place. At any rate, a 3DS has more Timer0's than a DS Phat or Lite.
    Thanks for all your help, Agonist. Much appreciated.

Page 255 of 286 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265 ... LastLast