Page 259 of 286 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 7141

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Of course it's possible to RNG with her there, although I don't know why you're bothering to watch her move (she's not actually the one who advances the PIDRNG, the actual WNPCs are further down). Mash A as fast as you can to see what PID frame you get, then do the difference in chatter flips, and you should get your shiny Cobalion.
    Well ignoring the ranger I'm still confused about the different frames -the target frame and the starter frame I understand now. However I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do with the shiny frame. How does that add into the calculation?

Here's some screen shots (click on the images to increase size) of the shiny nearflawless seed I'm trying to hit:

Time finder window:

Main window showing starting frame:

And finally the main window with the shiny seed:

I just need help tryng to figure out the calculations so that I can advance correctly.
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 20th December 2012 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    Well ignoring the ranger I'm still confused about the different frames -the target frame and the starter frame I understand now. However I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do with the shiny frame. How does that add into the calculation?

Here's some screen shots (click on the images to increase size) of the shiny nearflawless seed I'm trying to hit:

Time finder window:

Main window showing starting frame:

And finally the main window with the shiny seed:

I just need help tryng to figure out the calculations so that I can advance correctly.
    First of all, as I said last time, your IV frame is way too high, there is no way you'll be able to hit an IV frame of 701. Set your max frame to 1, that will make things much easier for you.
    And I'm also wondering exactly what you are aiming for regarding the Cobalion, Jolly with HP Ice seems a bit odd to me. With your desired IVs, you should go for Naive, Hasty or Timid instead, or change the IVs to 31/31/31/x/31/31 and keep going for Jolly. But then I'm not a competitive expert, Jolly HP Ice Cobalion might have some desired set that I am unaware of.

One thing I would recommend you to do is to start with something else than Cobalion as it is in an area with many NPCs. If this is your first RNG, I recommend you to start with something that doesn't have any NPCs in its area, Volcarona will work if you haven't caught it yet. Others that meet this condition are Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Cresselia and the Regis.
    I'm not the one you need, but I'll be there to guide you
    I'll show the world to you, and everything I've been through

A broken mind, a battered song, a spark of magic won't keep you strong
    But maybe it's been in you all along

Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post
    First of all, as I said last time, your IV frame is way too high, there is no way you'll be able to hit an IV frame of 701. Set your max frame to 1, that will make things much easier for you.
    And I'm also wondering exactly what you are aiming for regarding the Cobalion, Jolly with HP Ice seems a bit odd to me. With your desired IVs, you should go for Naive, Hasty or Timid instead, or change the IVs to 31/31/31/x/31/31 and keep going for Jolly. But then I'm not a competitive expert, Jolly HP Ice Cobalion might have some desired set that I am unaware of.

One thing I would recommend you to do is to start with something else than Cobalion as it is in an area with many NPCs. If this is your first RNG, I recommend you to start with something that doesn't have any NPCs in its area, Volcarona will work if you haven't caught it yet. Others that meet this condition are Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Cresselia and the Regis.
    I suppose I could try Volcarona first if it's easier -it would certainly make a very nice shiny!

I'm honestly confused on the whole IV Frame thing. Is there a PIDRNG and an IV frame and I need to manipulate both of them? I managed to manipulate the PIDRNG frame and get a shiny Ditto, but the IVs were all wrong. Also I was getting some Initial frame advancements in the Chasm, I think. It was moving a Chatot pitches ahead a couple frames, following on from that, I did what I thought was hitting my seed, and got a shiny Ditto with bad IVs. (I'm just trying to get a Ditto with good IVs, really)

Could someone explain it to me? I get rid of the fog, save in the grass at the giant chasm, do one or two Chatot advances, and then Sweet Scent. Is there something I'm missing relating to this IV frame?

Pokemon White 2 Team:

SINNOOOHHHH
    PM me if you'd like a Gen VI battle.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerMiner View Post
    I'm honestly confused on the whole IV Frame thing. Is there a PIDRNG and an IV frame and I need to manipulate both of them? I managed to manipulate the PIDRNG frame and get a shiny Ditto, but the IVs were all wrong. Also I was getting some Initial frame advancements in the Chasm, I think. It was moving a Chatot pitches ahead a couple frames, following on from that, I did what I thought was hitting my seed, and got a shiny Ditto with bad IVs. (I'm just trying to get a Ditto with good IVs, really)

Could someone explain it to me? I get rid of the fog, save in the grass at the giant chasm, do one or two Chatot advances, and then Sweet Scent. Is there something I'm missing relating to this IV frame?
    Yes, the IV Frame and PID Frame are two different things. The PID Frame is advanced by Chatot chatters, and the IV frame is advanced by walking 128 steps with a certain number of Pokemon in your party (the number of Pokemon in your party is what the frame will advance with). If you are having trouble with the IV Frame, I would suggest you to always use an IV frame of 1 at all times when it is possible, it usually makes things much easier.
    I'm not the one you need, but I'll be there to guide you
    I'll show the world to you, and everything I've been through

A broken mind, a battered song, a spark of magic won't keep you strong
    But maybe it's been in you all along

Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post
    Yes, the IV Frame and PID Frame are two different things. The PID Frame is advanced by Chatot chatters, and the IV frame is advanced by walking 128 steps with a certain number of Pokemon in your party (the number of Pokemon in your party is what the frame will advance with). If you are having trouble with the IV Frame, I would suggest you to always use an IV frame of 1 at all times when it is possible, it usually makes things much easier.
    So if my starting frame is 47 and my seed is on 47? I just hit it? Time to test.

Well it was shiny, but the IVs were never right. Every time it was Ditto it was wrong besides the shininess...
    Last edited by PowerMiner; 21st December 2012 at 6:07 PM.

Pokemon White 2 Team:

SINNOOOHHHH
    PM me if you'd like a Gen VI battle.

In the process of RNGing all my Keldeo.
    I am on winter break so I have a decent amount of free time to RNG some things. Getting caught up. Gotta find the parameters to 4 copies of B2/W2 which will be a pain in the ***.
    oopsie

Sorry for asking a noob question, so if the iv frame and the PID frame are separate, can i technically get a wild pokemon with desired iv without chatots since the chatots are mainly to advance the PID frame? Been having trouble getting a chatot to try out the whole process

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYDONUT123 View Post
    Sorry for asking a noob question, so if the iv frame and the PID frame are separate, can i technically get a wild pokemon with desired iv without chatots since the chatots are mainly to advance the PID frame? Been having trouble getting a chatot to try out the whole process
    Yes you can it just won't have a decent nature (most likely)

This is strange. I was informed that there's many timer0 variations in B2/W2. I started calibrating my brother's game (Black 2, in the last Victory Road room before you step outside to get to the Pokemon League) And I've hit the same timer0 3 times in a row. Am I just really lucky or am I doing something wrong? Can you still calibrate in Victory Road? I see no NPCs so I assume I can, unless (by some magic chance) there's a frame variation in this room.
    EDIT: also, where is the BEST palce to RNG wondercards in B2/W2?
    Last edited by Zenotwapal; 22nd December 2012 at 2:33 PM.
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Yes you can it just won't have a decent nature (most likely)

This is strange. I was informed that there's many timer0 variations in B2/W2. I started calibrating my brother's game (Black 2, in the last Victory Road room before you step outside to get to the Pokemon League) And I've hit the same timer0 3 times in a row. Am I just really lucky or am I doing something wrong? Can you still calibrate in Victory Road? I see no NPCs so I assume I can, unless (by some magic chance) there's a frame variation in this room.
    EDIT: also, where is the BEST palce to RNG wondercards in B2/W2?
    Nah, you can hit it multiple times, especially if you're using a DS Phat/Lite (the fewest amount of Timer0 variations), and WNPCs have nothing to do with calibration (since you're only going after the IV frame, not PID frame).

Best place to RNG wondercards is Castelia, in BW2.

yea i hit a single timer0 value like 2 or 3 times in a row but when i start to do it several more times i get a variation.

I need to clarify something.

I decided to go after Volcarona in B2 and I found a seed with a target frame 133 and a shiny frame on 62. The main window says the starting frame is on 58. This gives me the following calculation 133-58=75. Which means that I don't need to do any advancements for my IVs since the game always starts on frame 1? so I just have to go straight into my menu and listen to 62 custom chatots and then activate the battle?
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 24th December 2012 at 7:45 AM.

Hi!
    I just started to RNGing Pokemon, I spent various hours but I can't do it yet...

1. I want a Timid Keldeo and I'm using a 3DS XL... is this a problem? (the XL)
    2. About the same... In 3DS XL should I press A to load the game "in the exact second" or "one second before" (I saw this was common in DS consoles)?
    3. When I calibrated the RNG Report I generated like 6 different seeds and I got different results...
    Timer0 = 12BB (x4), 12BC (x2) << So, I'm using a range [12BB,12BC] in my profile, and I give priority to 12BB seeds.
    Actual Seconds = 7 (x4), 8 (x2) << I haven't read this happens, so... Did I do something wrong?
    4. If my Actual seconds were "7" and, for example, my result is "12-24-12 18:00:28"... I have to Press A at "18:00:21" right?

Thanks in advance.
    Regards!

3ds is confusing. the delay is always 8 seconds. do you have a DS-lite? its so much easier
    X fc 0645-7169-8228

I am flying with farfetcch'd, tranquill and hawlucha

Nop :/ Y only have 3DS and 3DS XL...

Quote Originally Posted by StoneyPikachu View Post
    3ds is confusing. the delay is always 8 seconds. do you have a DS-lite? its so much easier

hey guys im think about setting up my white 2 version to rng the stationarys and stuff besides breeding...got two question...now if i want to, do i have to set my peremiters the same way as black and white 1? and if i do is there anything different i have to do from black and white 1? this is all i need to know...i have rnged before in black and white 1...just want to see if there are any changes i have to do in the newer version...

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    hey guys im think about setting up my white 2 version to rng the stationarys and stuff besides breeding...got two question...now if i want to, do i have to set my peremiters the same way as black and white 1? and if i do is there anything different i have to do from black and white 1? this is all i need to know...i have rnged before in black and white 1...just want to see if there are any changes i have to do in the newer version...
    If you can use PPRNG, you can (and should) use the Unova Link to find your parameters. If not, then yes, you have to use the same method as BW1.

I have a question. I know that egg RNG cannot be done in BW2. But is it possible to RNG the egg in BW1, trade it into BW2, and still hatch it with the desired IVs but the ID you have in BW2? Or no? Just curious.
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

- Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.

Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey

Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

Quote Originally Posted by JTrainer View Post
    I have a question. I know that egg RNG cannot be done in BW2. But is it possible to RNG the egg in BW1, trade it into BW2, and still hatch it with the desired IVs but the ID you have in BW2? Or no? Just curious.
    Perfectly possible. If you want it to hatch shiny, use non-international parents, and used your BW2 TID/SID.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    If you can use PPRNG, you can (and should) use the Unova Link to find your parameters. If not, then yes, you have to use the same method as BW1.
    alright thanks no i can't use PPRNG...so ill be doing it the same way then as BW1 thank you...

alright thanks no i can't use PPRNG...so ill be doing it the same way then as BW1 thank you...
    RNG Reporter 9.96.5 can do Unova Link parameters.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion X View Post
    RNG Reporter 9.96.5 can do Unova Link parameters.
    im very unfamilar with unova links? what is it...i haven't rng in awhile...is this new to the game? also someone was telling me i have to calaberate alot for it? is this true since the timer 0 is off..i thought thats only for breeding...i just want to do legendaries...

Started RNGing in B2/W2 and holy **** my timer0s

During calibration I've always kept my game on 12/26/12, and boot the game at 9:15:30 for every calibration phase. I've done about 15 of those and came up with 10 of those results being the same 2 timer0s. (5 being 1678 and 5 being 167A, I am using a 3DS btw) the rest were odd timer0s that i randomly got
    I turn to RNG my first poke (Timid Flawless Genesect) and holy hell
    It took me 20 tries to even hit my timer0. Then for some reason my frames were off by 3 so I had to take another 3 tries to hit it again. I know the first 20 tries were all different Timer0s because of their IVs.
    jesus christ mannnnnn. I did my brothers genesect(s) and it didn't take THIS long.

But to ask/say something relevant, I've noticed something. I've done this on my brothers 3DS and mine, and my frames on any given seed are always off by 2 or 3 frames (I've had one where it was off by 4). Why is this? It especially happens during Wondercard RNGing but it happened when I was attempting to do a Shiny Modest Flawless Heatran for my brother. Can anyone explain this?
    oopsie

im very unfamilar with unova links? what is it...i haven't rng in awhile...is this new to the game? also someone was telling me i have to calaberate alot for it? is this true since the timer 0 is off..i thought thats only for breeding...i just want to do legendaries...
    BW2 only, yup. It allows for fast(er-ish) parameter checking, you just start up the game, noting date and time -> Unova Link -> Key System -> Send and Receive Keys -> Yes to the Launch communications prompt -> Note the starting position of the spinner -> Get the spinner position 9 more times (RNGR has up to 15 spots for arrows but 10 is enough per parameter check) -> Search, do this enough times until you feel you've narrowed down which of the many Timer0s is the most common.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion X View Post
    BW2 only, yup. It allows for fast(er-ish) parameter checking, you just start up the game, noting date and time -> Unova Link -> Key System -> Send and Receive Keys -> Yes to the Launch communications prompt -> Note the starting position of the spinner -> Get the spinner position 9 more times (RNGR has up to 15 spots for arrows but 10 is enough per parameter check) -> Search, do this enough times until you feel you've narrowed down which of the many Timer0s is the most common.
    thanks so this would be alot easier then normally doing what i do for bw1 since the timer0 is crazy in the newer game? and when i do this how would i know what to plug in for the reporter to know when and what time to hit my seed to get my timer correct and i will hit my seed no problem? sorry this part is all new to me...i haven't rnged in months and trying to get back into it...i do remember the perimeter search thing normally im just confused what to plug in in the perimeter section after to doing this....
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 27th December 2012 at 4:50 AM.

Page 259 of 286 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269 ... LastLast