Page 2 of 286 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by Poke16Freak View Post
    which frame are u talking about the min -max one or the vframe or the the frame i got in time finder
    The frame you get in the time finder should be 1. That's your IV frame. The frames in the main window are your PID frames.

IV frame determines IVs, PID frame determines everything else.

so its bad if i got 356 than
    Yes. Set min frame to 1 and max frame to 1 in the time finder. Click on 5th gen DS parameters setup and choose 2 or 3 keypresses. Keypresses help you find a result faster. Synchronizers help too. If you can catch/trade for a synchronizer with the correct nature that would be good. Synchronize Elgyems are easy to catch in the Celestial Tower and Munna can also have synchronize. If you're using a synchronize don't choose nature in the time finder. Only choose sync nature.

wait hold on i did do all that i set my keypresses to three and i have a alkazam modest synch and the frame i got was 356
    The frame you got in the time finder? You can't get frame 356 in the time finder if your max frame is 1 so I don't know what you're looking at. Screenshot might help.

let me just start over can u walk me through it
    Look at this picture

See how every number under frame is 1? That's what you're supposed to be seeing. That frame is your IV frame and it should be 1.
    Remember not to choose nature if you have a synchronizer and use the appropriate encounter type for what you're trying to RNG.

Ok, I have a question, if I want to practice for just IVs, can I just try what the time finder tells me, or do I need the main window?

The ironic thing is, I got my first try at RNGing perfect, but I used a masterball and haven't been able to do it since, 2 days trying so far.
    Black Code - 5415 1375 9608

I'm back for a bit, been bored recently so I'm trying to actually RNG.

yes thats the place where it said 356 on my frame
    it didnt say 1 like urs
    Did you search again and set it up similar to mine? If you search again and you're still getting high IV frames you'll need to post a screenshot. Press Prnt Scrn then open up something like paint or photoshop and paste (Ctrl+ V) it then save it. Upload it somewhere like photobucket and post a link.

Quote Originally Posted by Metagross- View Post
    Ok, I have a question, if I want to practice for just IVs, can I just try what the time finder tells me, or do I need the main window?

The ironic thing is, I got my first try at RNGing perfect, but I used a masterball and haven't been able to do it since, 2 days trying so far.
    The main window is for generating PID frames. If you're only concerned with IVs all you need is the time finder.
    Last edited by jolteon135; 4th August 2011 at 7:26 PM.

If you don't care about natures, you can just use Time Finder. If you do, you need to go into the main page to find your starting PID frame, and to see what PID Frame you need to hit for a certain nature.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

i may be doing something wrong with the calibrating can u walk me throught it so i can see if im doing it write like step by step
    That wouldn't affect anything for searching. You would only notice that when you actual attempt to RNG something in the game.

The parameters you found like correct parameters
    vcount:60 ,vframe:6 , TImer0: C7C , Gxstat:6
    That's it, right? Yeah those look correct. Click on 5th gen DS parameters setup and make sure the parameters there are the same as those.
    Last edited by jolteon135; 4th August 2011 at 7:39 PM.

wait the encounter type has to be roaming for rnging a wild pokemon
    No...I said choose the appropriate encounter type. That would be "Wild Pokemon" if you want to RNG a wild Pokemon.

If I have tried multiple times for a flawless pokemon and I am sure I am doing the steps right, but I get th wrong IVs, should I try recalibrating?

well what could affect it
    *sigh* I'm not going to take random guesses at what you're doing wrong. There are a million different things you could have entered wrong. Post a screenshot of your time finder window so I can find what's wrong.

If I have tried multiple times for a flawless pokemon and I am sure I am doing the steps right, but I get th wrong IVs, should I try recalibrating.
    You can, but it might not be necessary. It's possible that you're simply starting the game slightly too early/late. And, are you making sure to start the game a second before the time you're given in Time Finder?

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

If I have tried multiple times for a flawless pokemon and I am sure I am doing the steps right, but I get th wrong IVs, should I try recalibrating?
    Do you keep getting the same wrong IVs? Right click the seed in the time finder and click generate adjacent seeds (current frame). See if you can find the wrong IVs in there. If not try generate adjacent seeds (frame 1) and see if you find them there. If you can't find them at all then it's probably not a timing issue or timer0 issue. In that case you should recalibrate.

Yes, a second before, I use military time, make sure date and time are correct, I hold the keypresses until the GameFreak sign(or whatever it is called) shows up and swee scent where I want the pokemon.

Edit: Thanks I'll try that.

hey i tried the whole process over and i found a seed i like do i copy and paste the seed or the full seed
    You copy the full seed to the main window of RNG reporter, and enter it where it says "Seed(Hex)".
    3DS FC: 2079-6439-2450
    FS Flying: Pidgey, Tranquil, Tropius

after i copied the full seed to my seed (hex) do i click generate
    and i have a question can u click on the shiny only box and it will generate shiny pokemon or no and if u can can u also mess with the nature and ability in the main rng screen
    After you enter the seed, click "Calculate Initial PIDRNG frame", and then press generate. If you're only trying for IVs right now on a wild pokemon, you don't need the main RNG Reporter window. If your IV frame is 1, and you found a seed with the IV spread that you're looking for, you only need to start the game when it says to, and press any keys if necessary. You need to able to do this before you start worrying about shinies or natures.

after i copied the full seed to my seed (hex) do i click generate
    and i have a question can u click on the shiny only box and it will generate shiny pokemon or no and if u can can u also mess with the nature and ability in the main rng screen
    Right click your seed in the time finder and copy to clipboard. In the main window choose method 5 PIDRNG, paste your seed (Ctrl+V) where it says seed (hex), choose the encounter type, choose the sync nature (if applicable), click "Calculate Initial PID Frame" then click generate.

That's exactly what you should do, nothing else. Don't check shiny only, nature ,abilities or anything else. You will not be able to see the full list which you need to find your actual starting frame. If you want a shiny you should check "search for nearby shiny frames" in the time finder before you search.

After you do that, look for a PID frame that gives you what you desire (nature, ability, encounter slot etec). That will be your target PID frame.

since i just calibrated do i save the game or just turn it off because i used a durant to calibrate from victory road and i dont know if i save where i want to rng or i just turn it off
    Yes you can turn off the game when you're done calibrating. Save in the area where you want to RNG. Make sure you have everything ready before saving. Sweet scenter, Chatot (with a recording), etc.

since i just calibrated do i save the game or just turn it off because i used a durant to calibrate from victory road and i dont know if i save where i want to rng or i just turn it off
    Save wherever you're planning on RNGing. Make sure to have all the necessary pokes in your party [sweet scenter, chatot(s), false swiper, etc].

Edit - ninja'd

why do i need chatot
    the date\time is this on my seed
    8/03/11 and 12:10:03
    dont i just set my ds clock to this time or no or what do i set it up
    I know this one: you switch in between the summaries of chatots that have a voice recorded and it increases the PID Frame which is used for natures and shinies, correct me if I'm wrong, I want to learn.

^Yeah you're right.
    why do i need chatot
    Chatot is used to manipulate the PIDRNG which controls everything from nature to IVs, to shininess, what pokemon you encounter etc. If you just want a random pokemon with good IVs then you don't need Chatot. But if you're looking for a specific Pokemon/nature/ability/other stuff you will need a Chatot to manipulate the PIDRNG.

EDIT: Also that's a really annoying time. You'll have to set your DS Date to 8/03/2011 and set the clock to 12:09 then turn off/on and wait for almost an entire minute for 12:10:02. You're going to hit the A button to start up the game when the seconds hand hits 2 (yes 1 second before the time RNG reporter gives you).
    Last edited by jolteon135; 4th August 2011 at 9:05 PM.

why do i need chatot
    Chatots are for PIDRNG advancements.

And to be honest I can't understand the last part. Please type better so we can help you better. No insult intended.
    oopsie

I have another question: Is it fine that there is another seed with the exact same time and key presses but with different IVs? ._.

I'm checking to see if those are the IVs I'm getting.

EDIT: Another question, sorry! So if I want a pokemon with the same IVs, butI caught a pokemon on that seed, could I set the time back and use it again?
    Last edited by Metagross-; 4th August 2011 at 9:14 PM.

I have another question: Is it fine that there is another seed with the exact same time and key presses but with different IVs? ._.

I'm checking to see if those are the IVs I'm getting.
    Yes. Your timer0 can fluxuate, and when that happens you will get completely different IVs. That's why you right click on the seed you were going for, and select "find adjacent frames" and compare the IVs with what you did get.

And yes, you can re-use seeds.

Watch this video is you're breeding... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSonSZQFQK8
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

3DS FC: 2836-0208-8979

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Oddish, Quilladin, and Swadloon

English Black FC: 1893 2202 1899 OT: Tarro

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    -RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.
    - It's an exploitable in-game feature, just like EVs and IV breeding.
    - Nintendo notes that it is legal; it's not cheating by their own definitions.

Page 2 of 286 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast