Page 3 of 286 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Ok, so it was completely off, going to recalibrate and do it about 10 times to be absolutely sure.
    Black Code - 5415 1375 9608

I'm back for a bit, been bored recently so I'm trying to actually RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Poke16Freak View Post
    so i can get a shiny with a modest nature and the ability i want correct
    all i have to do is click on the shiny only box and choose the desired nature and ability on the main rng reporter page and than i click calculate initial PIDRNG Frame and if will give me my PIDRNG number and that determines how many chatot flips i need am i right and than after ur done u use sweet scent and it should be the pokemon u desire unless u did something wrong
    No. The time finder is for searching. The main window is used to find your starting frame and a target frame if you're not going a shiny. If you are going for a shiny you click "search for nearby shiny frames" in the time finder before searching. You need your ID/SID too. The nearby shiny frame is your target PID frame. You will still need to generate the list of PIDs in the main window to find your starting frame. Also note that the "calculated initial PID frame" not necessarily your actual starting PID frame. The actual starting PID frame could be higher in areas with NPCs. This is why you need your IV frame to be 1 so you can deal with NPCs (I'll explain how do that when you have a suitable seed).

so i can get a shiny with a modest nature and the ability i want correct
    all i have to do is click on the shiny only box and choose the desired nature and ability on the main rng reporter page and than i click calculate initial PIDRNG Frame and if will give me my PIDRNG number and that determines how many chatot flips i need am i right and than after ur done u use sweet scent and it should be the pokemon u desire unless u did something wrong
    In theory, yes, that is correct. But before you want to try for shinies/natures/abilities, you need to practice hitting the seed and getting the IVs you searched for. The more precise your request becomes (adding a specific ability/nature and shiny or not), the harder it becomes to figure out what went wrong. Trust us, we've all been there before. Start slow, get the hang of hitting your seed first...then add in the bells and whistles later.
    3DS FC: 2079-6439-2450
    FS Flying: Pidgey, Tranquil, Tropius

so what do i do do i click calculate initial PIDRNG frame in the main window and on ur edit u said i had to start one second early do i click A at the ds menu or the game menu when its one second before my targets frame
    Not sure what the first part of your question is. When you put a seed in the main window and choose method 5 PIDRNG there's a button that says "calculate initial PID frame." Click it.
    Yes I mean from the DS menu. Thought that was obvious since I was telling you to watch the seconds hand on the clock (where else would you be watching the clock?).

I feel ashamed... I lost the DS Mac adress button on the latest RNG Reporter. Could someone show me where it is?
    Claims: Mario, The Big Bang Theory, Victini

so do i just click calculate initial PIDRNG Frame on the main rng page
    For IVs only, you don't need to worry about the main RNG reporter window, only the time finder window.

@Arceusvictini: From the main RNG reporter window, click on DS parameter search. You will enter your MAC address in a field on the box that comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by arceusvictini View Post
    I feel ashamed... I lost the DS Mac adress button on the latest RNG Reporter. Could someone show me where it is?
    Turn on the C-Gear, Click Internet/ Wi-Fi button, click the Wrenches on the Bottom-Left, Click options, And the then button on the top, it will show you.
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

3DS FC: 2836-0208-8979

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Oddish, Quilladin, and Swadloon

English Black FC: 1893 2202 1899 OT: Tarro

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    -RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.
    - It's an exploitable in-game feature, just like EVs and IV breeding.
    - Nintendo notes that it is legal; it's not cheating by their own definitions.

Time finder, choose method 5 (standard seed), click on "5th gen DS parameters setup.

8/03/11 and 12:10:03 this is my targets time and date
    so do i change my ds's date to 8/03/11 and change my date to what and at what time do i click A on the ds menu and at what time should i click A on the games menu do i click at 12:10:02 in the game or ds menu
    You keep asking this question. Anything related to the date or time is done from the DS menu where you can actually see the time on the clock. Yes you need to click A to start up the game at 12:10:02 but you need to set the clock to 12:09:00 and wait for 12:10:02 because there's no way you're going to set the clock and turn the game off/on in 2 seconds.
    Last edited by jolteon135; 4th August 2011 at 9:35 PM.

8/03/11 and 12:10:03 this is my targets time and date
    so do i change my ds's date to 8/03/11 and change my date to what and at what time do i click A on the ds menu and at what time should i click A on the games menu do i click at 12:10:02 in the game or ds menu
    Set your DS' date to 8/3/11, and the time to 12:09. Then you watch the clock from the DS main menu, and when it says 12:10:02 you push "A".

do i click on roamer released because i havent caught the genie pokemon yet
    Only if the roamer has been released.

Isn't Time Finder first in C-Gear seeds? I mean there!

Hatched shiny Sewaddle! I only RNGed the shininess because I hatched for fizzay (I'm one of his RNGers for his trade shop). It is my first Gen V RNGed Shiny! Woot!
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

-RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarro57 View Post
    Hatched shiny Sewaddle! I only RNGed the shininess because I hatched for fizzay (I'm one of his RNGers for his trade shop). It is my first Gen V RNGed Shiny! Woot!
    Congrats.
    I'm still trying to RNG my first pokemon. xD

alright so i click on the button calculate initial pid frame on the rng menu yes or no im just going to try to hit my seed and i dont know if i will need it
    You don't need to worry about that screen yet. Just hit "A" then the DS clock says 12:10:02, answer "no" to turning on the c-gear, and sweet scent once the game loads up.

Once the roamer is released, you cannot RNG it unless you start your game over. The IVs/Nature/Shiny have already been set once they're released.

Isn't Time Finder first in C-Gear seeds? I mean there!
    Don't know what you're asking. Time finder can search any type of 4th gen/5th gen seed including c-gear seeds if that's what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarro57 View Post
    Congrats. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Metagross- View Post
    Congrats.
    Sam here thogh I HAVE to use C-Gear b/c I'm a 3DS user.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteon135 View Post
    Congrats. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Metagross- View Post
    Congrats.
    Thankyou both, now I need to RNG a shiny Female Frillish for fizzay. GL everybody!

Im so confused jolteon said i had to click that button in order for me to calculate my PID
    And he's telling you to ignore the PIDRNG and only go for a random Pokemon with good IVs. Personally I think that's pointless since you're probably going to toss that Pokemon later but it is a good practice exercise.

EDIT: Ok, I guess I shouldn't say it's "pointless." I just think it's not that hard to learn to manipulate both of the RNGs at the same time but darthmalice777 thinks you should take them one at a time starting with the IVRNG (for IVs only). Up to you.
    Last edited by jolteon135; 4th August 2011 at 9:45 PM.

@Poke: For IVs, you don't need your PID at all. Don't confuse yourself, your making it harder than it really is. Just set the time and date, click a second before the time and don't turn on c-gear, tada!

EDIT: You can choose a value in the encounter tab that is the same as the pokemon you want.

@Arceusvictini: That sucks, I've never used anything but my DS lite.
    Last edited by Metagross-; 4th August 2011 at 9:46 PM.

I mean in the Smogon guide, it says something about inserting MAC adress. Here, a C+P:

C-Gear seeds:
    Open up seed Time Finder in RNG Reporter, click the Capture tab and select Method 5 from the Method drop down.
    In your game, look up the MAC address of your DS.

Copy down all 12 digits (leave out the dashes) and put them into the DS MAC Address box.

Specify the criteria for an IV spread(s) you want. It is suggested to have a max frame below 2500.
    Generate the seed list. This will take quite some time, depending on how fast your computer is and how large of a range you specified.

I mean in the Smogon guide, it says something about inserting MAC adress. Here, a C+P:

C-Gear seeds:
    Open up seed Time Finder in RNG Reporter, click the Capture tab and select Method 5 from the Method drop down.

Copy down all 12 digits (leave out the dashes) and put them into the DS MAC Address box.

Specify the criteria for an IV spread(s) you want. It is suggested to have a max frame below 2500.
    Generate the seed list. This will take quite some time, depending on how fast your computer is and how large of a range you specified.
    That's how you obtain your MAC address to enter it into your parameters.

so if i do it ur way i can pick the pokemon that will appear
    Yes but you will be attempting to manipulate both of the RNGs at the same time which is more difficult that just attempting to manipulate 1. Basically do you want to take it one step at a time or do you want to master everything at once?

C-Gear seeds:
        Spoiler:- SPOILER IT:

So find your MAC address. Choose Method 5 (C-gear) in the time finder and enter your MAC address under 5th gen DS parameters setup without the dashes.
    Last edited by jolteon135; 4th August 2011 at 9:52 PM.

The min frame above the generate button changed to the PIDRNG Frame which you then take the frame from the Time Finder, subtract the number you just got from the number, that's your starting frame.

alright i tried it with out clicking the button and i got the exact same litwick twice but it was not the target i was looking for
    You checked its IVs? They were correct? If yes, that's what darthmalice777 wanted you to do so you'd get a feel of how to hit the seed properly.

Now What's your "Calculated initial PID frame?"

Hit the seed again, enter the game, let the season's message fade by itself, Mash X to bring up the menu as soon as the season message fades. Sweet scent and catch the Pokemon you encounter. Then look near your calculated initial PID frame for a frame that matches your caught Pokemon (same nature, ability, encounter slot, gender etc). That's your starting PID frame.
    Once you know your starting PID frame you redo it and view Chatot's summary the correct number of times to advance to your target PID frame then sweet scent. Viewing Chatot's summary advances the PID frame by 1 per view (must have a recording).

after i click the "calculate initial pid frame button" do i click generate because i clicked that button and nothing happened
    I told you exactly what to do:
    Right click your seed in the time finder and copy to clipboard. In the main window choose method 5 PIDRNG, paste your seed (Ctrl+V) where it says seed (hex), choose the encounter type, choose the sync nature (if applicable), click "Calculate Initial PID Frame" then click generate.

Exactly that.
    Last edited by jolteon135; 4th August 2011 at 10:11 PM.

oops so we cant click the season thing off and we have to hold the buttons until what
    Hold what buttons? Did you have keypresses for your seed? If you have keypresses you hold them immediately after you press A to start up the game (1 second early) from the DS menu. So press A, let go of A, hold keypresses until the gamefreak logo comes on.

And no you shouldn't click the season thing off. The NPCs will start in different positions if you do that and you'll keep missing your target PID frame (or you might even find the wrong starting PID frame).

Page 3 of 286 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast