Page 200 of 286 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 7150

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

  1. #4976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
    Finding DS's parameters is hard. What does it mean by held buttons?
    Don't worry about that unless you're holding down buttons while you calibrate.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  2. #4977
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    Don't worry about that unless you're holding down buttons while you calibrate.
    This also means that you shouldnt touch any buttons after launching you game until the white nintendo splash screen pops up. Not sure if you knew that or not (I mean Tyoyo3131, i know you know that Druck ) but if your having trouble finding your parameters that might be why
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  3. #4978
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In Canada (I wish...)
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Oh my, i didnt even catch that. Thats even more impressive then, wow, way to go!
    Thank you once more! x3

    IV's: 28/31/31/x/31/31
    ..Credit of this image goes to me..

  4. #4979
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where do you think?
    Posts
    590

    Default

    3 tries so far. I think I might just be failing to be put in the time. With the DSi, is it the second when you tap the icon? Also, do the IV's have to exact?
    Last edited by Tyoyo3131; 6th April 2012 at 4:12 AM.

  5. #4980
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by do-re-mi View Post
    I understand it till the comparison-part. It says my starting frame is 47, I found out the IVs of Reshiram without advancing the frame, now what do I compare it with?
    Thanks for your help
    hit generate in the main window and RNG reporter will list all of the PID frames for that seed. Find the IVs of your Reshiram in RNG reporter and thats your starting frame. If you can't find it within 10 frames up or down, then you missed your seed.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  6. #4981
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    hit generate in the main window and RNG reporter will list all of the PID frames for that seed. Find the IVs of your Reshiram in RNG reporter and thats your starting frame. If you can't find it within 10 frames up or down, then you missed your seed.
    So it should be around the frames 37-57? It's not there so I assume I missed it...
    I keep getting the same seed and I start it at the right second, now I don't know what I'm doing wrong anymore. Is there a possibility that I need to start even earlier than one second? I have an old DS, the starting seems slower than a second to me...

  7. #4982

    Default

    I've RNGed on an old DS. It's one second. You may be off by less than a second.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  8. #4983
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    I've RNGed on an old DS. It's one second. You may be off by less than a second.
    I'm counting the seconds in the DS clock at the start menu is that alright?

  9. #4984
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where do you think?
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Is there any really good beginner pokemon? I assume Cobalion is easy from what I know.

  10. #4985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by do-re-mi View Post
    I'm counting the seconds in the DS clock at the start menu is that alright?
    Yeah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
    Is there any really good beginner pokemon? I assume Cobalion is easy from what I know.
    Any stationary Pokemon or any wild Pokemon in area without wandering NPCs is good.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  11. #4986
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The seven counties
    Posts
    4,826

    Default

    After all the trouble I had yesterday, got both the right delay and frame on my first try today.


    Male | Adamant | Mold Breaker
    Mining Museum @ level 20
    31/31/31/17/31/31

    First and probably only Diamond RNG I'll ever do. Need to train it to level 43, then I'll move on to Platinum.
    Δ

    Forget about the words I said
    They were just the voices in my head
    I don't have to listen to them anymore

  12. #4987
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where do you think?
    Posts
    590

    Default

    After reading through numerous guides, it says that my DSi won't work. However, DSi was an option in parameter calculation, and it worked. Why?

  13. #4988
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
    After reading through numerous guides, it says that my DSi won't work. However, DSi was an option in parameter calculation, and it worked. Why?
    The guide must be pretty old. Standard abuse was discovered to be possible on DSi recently, with a 3 second loading time before starting. It was believed to be impossible before then so guides recommended against using a DSi.
    Current White 2 Team:
    | Octavia Lv.88 | Roccoco Lv.89 | Lily Lv.88 | Viola Lv.89 | Jesper Lv.88 | Angora Lv.88 |

  14. #4989
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In Canada (I wish...)
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Well, I have good news and bad news.

    Good news: I have a spread with my ID/SID to go for Togepi on my HG, the one you get from Prof. Elm.
    Bad news: The ability will have Hustle, which is a shame. Oh well. I can always breed it later with a better ability.
    Should I go for it?

    I may not make a tutorial on HG/SS Starter RNG Abuse, because I successfully RNG'd shiny Chikorita from Elm. Plus, I don't want to spoil it.

    IV's: 28/31/31/x/31/31
    ..Credit of this image goes to me..

  15. #4990
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    It's been awhile since I've been at SPPf....
    Hello again y'all!

    In my absence I've been at Smogon (where I made the Smogon Branch of the RNG Brotherhood. Go join that mess aight?). I also learned how to RNG in the 4th gen, which is great stuff btw. I recently accumulated a Flawless Modest Suicune and Kyorge, Shiny near flawless Modest Moltres, and a Timid Zapdos (if I recall correctly), and a Impish Lugia, and a Jolly Ho-Oh. I am working on ID abusing my Platinum (but that's not going so well lol.)

    I'm planning on putting down all my video games though to study hardcore for my SAT test coming up.
    oopsie

  16. #4991
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    1,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SakuraLatias View Post
    Well, I have good news and bad news.

    Good news: I have a spread with my ID/SID to go for Togepi on my HG, the one you get from Prof. Elm.
    Bad news: The ability will have Hustle, which is a shame. Oh well. I can always breed it later with a better ability.
    Should I go for it?

    I may not make a tutorial on HG/SS Starter RNG Abuse, because I successfully RNG'd shiny Chikorita from Elm. Plus, I don't want to spoil it.
    Shame, because If you had a Naive nature, you could run that strange Work Up set on Smogon. I'm assuming it's Timid though, so it's not really ideal.

    Also, you should make that guide. I'm desperate to learn how to RNG a starter!

    And welcome back Zeno!
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:


  17. #4992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    It's been awhile since I've been at SPPf....
    Hello again y'all!

    In my absence I've been at Smogon (where I made the Smogon Branch of the RNG Brotherhood. Go join that mess aight?). I also learned how to RNG in the 4th gen, which is great stuff btw. I recently accumulated a Flawless Modest Suicune and Kyorge, Shiny near flawless Modest Moltres, and a Timid Zapdos (if I recall correctly), and a Impish Lugia, and a Jolly Ho-Oh. I am working on ID abusing my Platinum (but that's not going so well lol.)

    I'm planning on putting down all my video games though to study hardcore for my SAT test coming up.
    Pshaw, studying. You should just do what I did: forget about it until the week before and then panic that morning.

    But, anyways, welcome back! Hopefully, tonight I'll be able to RNG my TID/SID on HG because apparently, I messed up the first time.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  18. #4993
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In Canada (I wish...)
    Posts
    168

    Default

    This guide is in UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

    Requirements:
    -Know how to RNG ID/SID via Shiny PID
    -RNG Reporter (use 9.94 BETA)
    -Either use the PikaTimer or the Eon Timer, its clearly up to you (I'd prefer the Eon Timer on this tutorial.)
    -If you want the AR code to check its IV's, then Google is your answer! I can't advertise to get the code. ^^;
    -Sadly, its for Windows, as of I did this method. Sorry Macs.


        Spoiler:- ID/SID Tutorial:


    I'll get the pictures later where to hit to get your desired ID/SID.

    These two screens you should hit between to get your ID/SID:

    and


    EDIT EDIT: It might be better if I show the pics instead of typing full detail.
    Last edited by SakuraLatias; 7th April 2012 at 12:03 AM. Reason: adding pictures

    IV's: 28/31/31/x/31/31
    ..Credit of this image goes to me..

  19. #4994
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
    3 tries so far. I think I might just be failing to be put in the time. With the DSi, is it the second when you tap the icon? Also, do the IV's have to exact?
    1. Yes
    2. No, I found my parameters by just finding the IV range of a poke in Victory Road.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  20. #4995
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where do you think?
    Posts
    590

    Default

    My Time Finder and such are failing to find anything. Anybody got an idea on why it's not working?

    Trying to find a woobat from wellspring cave.

  21. #4996
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post
    My Time Finder and such are failing to find anything. Anybody got an idea on why it's not working?

    Trying to find a woobat from wellspring cave.
    Make sure all of you parameters are plugged in correctly. If you are going for shininess make sure your TID/SID is plugged in correctly as well.
    oopsie

  22. #4997

    Default

    You may also have to add keypresses and search for higher frames. It can be hard to find frames without this.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  23. #4998
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    I'm RNGing Latios, I mashed A through Steven's speech, and I got Gentle, Alert to Sounds, which is frame 10. What frame do I stop before? 314, since my target frame is 324? Or would it be 315?


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  24. #4999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    I'm RNGing Latios, I mashed A through Steven's speech, and I got Gentle, Alert to Sounds, which is frame 10. What frame do I stop before? 314, since my target frame is 324? Or would it be 315?
    315. It starts on Frame 1.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  25. #5000
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Would the fact that I had Entei and Raikou roaming change that frame up 2, meaning I would stop when Elm gives frame 316's response?

    Edit: given 316's response, Latios had Hasty/Capable of taking hits, 325. That means I should stop when he gives frame 315's response?
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 7th April 2012 at 5:58 AM.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Page 200 of 286 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •