Page 208 of 286 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 7132

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Or maybe my problem is the fact that I'm using OS X Lion. Was that bug ever fixed?
    My most recent RNG:

#605 Elgyem | Psychic | Male | Poké Ball
    OT: Shadow | ID: 05947 | SID: 13142 | Shiny: Yes
    Nature: Quiet | Ability: Synchronize | Characteristic: Mischievous.
    Date: 7/14/2012 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 5
    Hidden Power/Power: Ice/64 | IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
    Egg Move(s): Nasty Plot

Spoiler:- 5 Recent RNGed Pokémon:

Credits to Winter02 for bringing my idea of the userbar to life.

Okay. So for anyone willing to spend their time helping me, my problem is not holding down buttons or starting at the right time or flipping Chatots right. I just caught a Durant that I plan to breed with to get a better one and I did it first try. PPRNG is weird now with RNGing eggs. I'll probably need some guidance on how to use PPRNG to do it because there's some differences in it since last time I did it and I can't hit a seed for the life of me. :/
    My most recent RNG:

#605 Elgyem | Psychic | Male | Poké Ball
    OT: Shadow | ID: 05947 | SID: 13142 | Shiny: Yes
    Nature: Quiet | Ability: Synchronize | Characteristic: Mischievous.
    Date: 7/14/2012 | Hatched: Skyarrow Bridge | Met at Lvl. 5
    Hidden Power/Power: Ice/64 | IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
    Egg Move(s): Nasty Plot

Spoiler:- 5 Recent RNGed Pokémon:

Credits to Winter02 for bringing my idea of the userbar to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Assailant View Post
    Okay. So the very first thing I noticed was under Egg Seed Searcher. Once you've input your data and you're searching for a seed, there's a potential for a seed to pop up that has a check mark under the column titled HA. What does this mean?

It just means Hidden Ability, which is the dream world ability, and if it will be passed down or not.
    Another thing is in the Standard Seed Inspector under the eggs tab, there's a column titled "Chatot" with 2 letters and a number. What does this mean?

That's for Chatot pitches, which you can use to determine if you hit your seed or not.
    The last thing I've noticed is that the last time I RNGed, despite PPRNG telling you you're initial PID frame, it was never correct for egg RNGs. Is it accurate now? If not, what's the best method of figuring out my initial PID frame now because I used to use the Adjacents tab, but I don't believe that is applicable anymore.
    It's always been accurate for me, so I guess, yes?
    Responses in bold.

Also, don't triple post. Just edit your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by KiltedTrainer View Post
    Ok, so I am starting up Egg RNGing and I am just wondering what I need to set my min/max advances at, and then how do I know for sure I'll find the right seed to hit when I get the egg? Eggs advance the frame when you recieve them, correct? and what starting frame do I assume I am at? 1?
    min/max can stay the same as it is don't really need to worry about that and the chatot pitchs just like the wild will determine the correct seed and checking the hp and also if you use pokecheck can help as well...okay the starting frame will be determined in the main reporter...depending on your breeding for example if its a international you would check the international if not leave it uncheck same for the ditto, shiny, dw, and etc(everything counts in this or it will not generate correctly) in the time generator box...also if your using everstone too need to be shown too in the box use the egg tab for this...also make sure you know both parents iv's and etc...place those in the box...once the time is genrated like dewey said copy and paste in the main reporter if using international us BW international, if not use the standard BW breeding...then calculate the intial PID frame button...that will determine your starting frame...then skip two frames from the beginning one of the 5 frames after that will determine how many chatot frames you will be advancing with chatot then take that frame - the original frame to get the chatot frames you need to hear the chatots pitch...alright this all i can give you for now cuaz im not sure if your using a ds lite though...i assume you are but ill wait until you get this down pat for this first part of understanding the breeding on the reporter side then work to the game...hope this is understandable...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 25th April 2012 at 4:45 PM.

DD ~TEG Xat~DD Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~Trade Shop~ RNG events~ Ice club~Art Shop~ Yugioh Club~Fairy Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch

Is standard seed RNG not really worth it on a DSi, albeit doable? That clock on the DS Lite is so useful, and I can never match up with my external clock correctly.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Is standard seed RNG not really worth it on a DSi, albeit doable? That clock on the DS Lite is so useful, and I can never match up with my external clock correctly.
    If it's your only choice then it's well worth it. If you want to though just use Eontimer's 3rd Gen timer. put however many seconds till you have to boot up your game and use that.

If you have a DS lite or Phat you can sync your 3DS or DSi clock with that. I do this all the time when I rng on my 3DS.
    maybe it's because we mod smart people and smart people tend to share a lot of the same characteristics.....

your average spp user

That's actually a really good idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    If you have a DS lite or Phat you can sync your 3DS or DSi clock with that. I do this all the time when I rng on my 3DS.
    then why not just use the DS to RNG instead of the 3DS?
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Yeah I am wondering this myself. Better seeds, I guess with the different mac address.

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    Yeah I am wondering this myself. Better seeds, I guess with the different mac address.
    Yeah because I have my white cart registered in my 3ds
    maybe it's because we mod smart people and smart people tend to share a lot of the same characteristics.....

your average spp user

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Yeah because I have my white cart registered in my 3ds
    Same here, but I will use my DSL to RNG. It doesn't mess with the cartridge in anyway. :S

I just found out that the Arceus event was still going, so I took that back to my game. I heard nature abuse is now possible with Entralink. How do I do that? And if I wait around in the Entralink (but not the forest) while figuring this out, will the PID frame advance?

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

3rd gen abuse is something I've been considering taking up. I want stuff like Sofboiled+Seismic Toss Clefable and Swords Dance Qwilfish and if I can somehow get them shiny that would be amazing. I've read up on a few 3rd gen guides, and looked at the 29+ IV spreads for 3rd gen games (which are much better than 4th gen spreads imo). I've interpreted it as being similar to 4th gen abuse. I wait for the target frame to roll around, and hit it like it's a delay.

Which has more pros to RNGing on it, retail carts, or emulators? I'm kind of not wanting to mess with Emulator RNG, at least until I can get a flashcart. I'm not really sure if I can buy them anywhere, and for a couple of months ordering anything will be impossible because I have to move, and then I go to college. Also, which games are best? I have a retail Emerald, and retail Ruby with a dry internal battery, and have access to emulators.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion X View Post
    3rd gen abuse is something I've been considering taking up. I want stuff like Sofboiled+Seismic Toss Clefable and Swords Dance Qwilfish and if I can somehow get them shiny that would be amazing. I've read up on a few 3rd gen guides, and looked at the 29+ IV spreads for 3rd gen games (which are much better than 4th gen spreads imo). I've interpreted it as being similar to 4th gen abuse. I wait for the target frame to roll around, and hit it like it's a delay.

Which has more pros to RNGing on it, retail carts, or emulators? I'm kind of not wanting to mess with Emulator RNG, at least until I can get a flashcart. I'm not really sure if I can buy them anywhere, and for a couple of months ordering anything will be impossible because I have to move, and then I go to college. Also, which games are best? I have a retail Emerald, and retail Ruby with a dry internal battery, and have access to emulators.
    Very much like 3rd Gen, but each seed has a frame so there are no NPC troubles. If anything it's easier to RNG in 3rd Gen, it's just the seeds aren't as good and you will be waiting a lot longer. If you use PID abuse in Emerald I believe you can breed them shiny.

Emulators of course because you can speed it up to shorten the time you wait, by days even. Also emulators have save states so when you mess up you're not completely waiting forever, again. And there's AR codes which you probably don't have a GBA one unless you saved when because they're like $80-150. Emulator is better in every way when comparing it to retail cart.

I'm trying rng my legendarys but until now i allways fail... someone can help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainho View Post
    I'm trying rng my legendarys but until now i allways fail... someone can help me?
    More details are needed to help.

I use nintendo 3DS and i can't do almost everything after find the ds parameters.

Sorry for my bad English.

I use nintendo 3DS and i can't do almost everything after find the ds parameters.

Sorry for my bad English.
    Well tell me what're doing and I will see where you're going wrong. There is many different things that you can do wrong when RNGing so being specific in what you're doing is key.

I save the game in front of kyurem than i turn off the 3ds.... turn back and enter in the game (yes, I record the time) click (A) after (Game Freak), in game i use a sweet Scenter, catching the pokemon i can see and record the IV's... after this i block lol

I save the game in front of kyurem than i turn off the 3ds.... turn back and enter in the game (yes, I record the time) click (A) after (Game Freak), in game i use a sweet Scenter, catching the pokemon i can see and record the IV's... after this i block lol
    nwxt you enter the IVs, time you loaded the game, DS MAC address, game verion, and all other relevant information into RNG reporter's parameter finder window, and then click find parameters. If all goes well you will have your parameters and can start RNGing

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

i can do all of that, but a don't know how to use the parameters

well if you get results just hit the "Use result in time finder" button and then start searching for a seed, thats all there is to it

i've done that and my seed is:

seed - something(doesn't mather)
    Frame - 228
    Required Lead - Cute Charm 50% F
    Shiny Frame - 251

What a hell i'm gonna do with this? xD

load the game at the proper time (1 second before the target time for a DS, 3 for a DSi and 8 for a 3DS) hold down the proper buttons if need be, avance your frame (if that 228 is an IV frame of 228 keep looking for seeds and change your search options) advance the PID with Chatot, use sweet scent at the right frame to encounter the pokemon you want. Make sure you have a pokemon with the cute Charm ability as the lead and make sure it is female with a gender ratio of 50/50

that may be a dit much all at once so post again if your still confused but that frame 228 is a real problem, so i would just find a new seed

Page 208 of 286 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258 ... LastLast