Page 209 of 286 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 7148

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

  1. #5201
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Very confused xD
    but I realized one thing, I need a Chatot first

  2. #5202
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainho View Post
    Very confused xD
    but I realized one thing, I need a Chatot first
    Make that 2. 2 makes RNGing go by 2 times faster.

  3. #5203
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Still need help with PID Entralink abuse. In fact, I haven't even been able to find a full guide.

    Also, will my Timer0 have anything to do with hitting my Entralink seed? I'm pretty sure it only takes effect for standard seeds, since the game reseeds when you turn on the C-Gear.

    At what rate does the PID frame advance, anyway? To me, seems similar to hitting a delay.

    Overall, very confused on the process. Even a link to a guide would be a help.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  4. #5204
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Still need help with PID Entralink abuse. In fact, I haven't even been able to find a full guide.

    Also, will my Timer0 have anything to do with hitting my Entralink seed? I'm pretty sure it only takes effect for standard seeds, since the game reseeds when you turn on the C-Gear.

    At what rate does the PID frame advance, anyway? To me, seems similar to hitting a delay.

    Overall, very confused on the process. Even a link to a guide would be a help.
    Currently no guide has been finished. :/
    No it doesn't, just the standard seed which is how you get your Nature, but I'm pretty sure you knew that.
    As for how many PIDs advance, just look at the time by each frame. That's what time the nature comes across. It's much like hitting a delay.

  5. #5205
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Do I have this right?

    SR like I would for a 4th gen delay, only pressing A at "-Your name- warped to the Entralink!" I have also read that I am supposed to start the third timer at this time for the nature, so what do I do? Do I start the third timer when I turn on the C-Gear at the Continue screen, assuming I'm saved in an area with no NPCs, since that will start the PID frame advancement, then come back to that when I hit my delay? I read that the PID frame advances VERY slowly, approximately once every 1.7 seconds. At the end of the third timer, do I talk to the pokemon? Or should I have already spoken to the pokemon and be on the yes/no screen?

    How do I find my calibrated delay? And since my frame is at 1:56.25, I should put 116 in the First Timer in the 3rd gen tab, right? Also, I should keep the HL Calibration at -296, correct?
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 2nd May 2012 at 1:21 AM.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  6. #5206
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Do I have this right?

    SR like I would for a 4th gen delay, only pressing A at "-Your name- warped to the Entralink!" I have also read that I am supposed to start the third timer at this time for the nature, so what do I do? Do I start the third timer when I turn on the C-Gear at the Continue screen, assuming I'm saved in an area with no NPCs, since that will start the PID frame advancement, then come back to that when I hit my delay? I read that the PID frame advances VERY slowly, approximately once every 1.7 seconds. At the end of the third timer, do I talk to the pokemon? Or should I have already spoken to the pokemon and be on the yes/no screen?

    No, at the first timer boot the game up. 2nd timer press A at "_______ warped to the Entralink." For the third timer, go the 3rd Gen setting and set the first timer to whatever second your nature come across (ignore the second one) and start that when you press A at "________ warped to the Entralink." Then at the end of that 3rd timer you should pressing A to encounter that Entralink Pkm.

    How do I find my calibrated delay? And since my frame is at 1:56.25, I should put 116 in the First Timer in the 3rd gen tab, right? Also, I should keep the HL Calibration at -296, correct?

    No, I think you should read these 2 guys for a better understanding of the delays.
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.p...cussionid=7626
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...41&postcount=2
    . .

  7. #5207
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    So press A and start the nature timer at the end of the second timer?

    Edit: It's normal to get something way off your target delay when calibrating, correct? I've found my EL calibration to be 356 and I got about 80 off my target delay, but the right second.

    Also, I should be turning on the C-Gear when prompted at the Continue screen, correct?
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 2nd May 2012 at 2:56 PM.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  8. #5208
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    So press A and start the nature timer at the end of the second timer?

    Yup.

    Edit: It's normal to get something way off your target delay when calibrating, correct? I've found my EL calibration to be 356 and I got about 80 off my target delay, but the right second.

    Yeah it's perfectly normal.

    Also, I should be turning on the C-Gear when prompted at the Continue screen, correct?

    Not if you're trying to PID Abuse. Be sure to check if you hit standard seed before turning on the C-Gear.
    bolded answers

  9. #5209
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Honestly, I can't tell between the pitches.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  10. #5210
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Honestly, I can't tell between the pitches.
    That'll be a problem. I suggest just yelling into the mic when recording the chatter and then turn your volume up loud.

  11. #5211
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Why do you need to know
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    I found my calibrated C-Gear delay to be -82. I'm assuming it's just hit and miss from this point? Do I have this process down right?

    start game at end of 1st timer
    enter entralink at the end of 2nd timer (and start nature timer)
    Wait around for the end of the nature timer, say yes

    Also, will I have to recalibrate every time I Entralink RNG?

    Edit: Consistently hitting the delay below my target delay. I'm hitting 4628, my target is 4629. Would I just change my calibrated delay to -83?

    Edit: Hit my seed and Arceus had the desired IVs, but the nature was wrong, a nature about 5 seconds later, Sassy, from Arceus moving 3 times at a speed that was simply unstoppable. Would I set my 3rd gen timer 5 seconds back?

    Also, does the time/date it says for the Search Entralink Nature seeds tool matter? Theoretically, with the C-Gear seed being the same, the date/time/second should be the same for all of them. IIRC, waiting 10 seconds longer in the Entralink won't change the seed.

    Edit: Does the nature I'm getting have anything to do with hitting my delay for the IVs? I'm consistently getting my desired nature, but not my target seed. It has a cluster of 4.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 3rd May 2012 at 1:26 AM.


    Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

  12. #5212
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    can someone help me out here? I've been RNGing pretty successfully for a couple of months now but there seems to be a huge difference in what RNG Reporter (I usually use 9.93 or 9.95) lists as my PID frames, compared to the results I get in the game. Recently I even followed the Chatot pitches for about 40 PID frames, and the pitches followed EXACTLY how they were listed in RNG Reporter. Then, when I used Sweet Scent and caught my Pokemon, the IVs were correct (all 31s) yet the Encounter Slot was WRONG (wrong Pokemon species). This has happened to me numerous times: either the encounter slot listed is different, or the nature, or the ability. The only thing that seems to match is the Chatot pitches. Also, the Initial PID frame seems to often be wrong as well.

    In RNG reporter, I make sure I select everything needed such as the correct Method, Surfing Pokemon if I'm Surfing, Everstone/Sychronize, Ditto Parent, etc.

    Perhaps the NPC are advancing the PID frame (or is it the IV frame they advance? I forget) but then how do you explain the 40 Chatot pitches I followed???


  13. #5213
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    can someone help me out here? I've been RNGing pretty successfully for a couple of months now but there seems to be a huge difference in what RNG Reporter (I usually use 9.93 or 9.95) lists as my PID frames, compared to the results I get in the game. Recently I even followed the Chatot pitches for about 40 PID frames, and the pitches followed EXACTLY how they were listed in RNG Reporter. Then, when I used Sweet Scent and caught my Pokemon, the IVs were correct (all 31s) yet the Encounter Slot was WRONG (wrong Pokemon species). This has happened to me numerous times: either the encounter slot listed is different, or the nature, or the ability. The only thing that seems to match is the Chatot pitches. Also, the Initial PID frame seems to often be wrong as well.

    In RNG reporter, I make sure I select everything needed such as the correct Method, Surfing Pokemon if I'm Surfing, Everstone/Sychronize, Ditto Parent, etc.

    Perhaps the NPC are advancing the PID frame (or is it the IV frame they advance? I forget) but then how do you explain the 40 Chatot pitches I followed???
    its probably the NPCs, and its the PIDRNG they advance. The reason the pitches match but the PIUD is wrong is probably because the NPCs advance the frame in between the time you finish listening to the cries and the time you sweet scent. that really shouldnt happen, but maybe. Is there any weather conditions in the area, are there NPCs, are you walking in grass/a cave/surfing etc. those are all things that could affect your PID frame
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  14. #5214
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    its probably the NPCs, and its the PIDRNG they advance. The reason the pitches match but the PIUD is wrong is probably because the NPCs advance the frame in between the time you finish listening to the cries and the time you sweet scent. that really shouldnt happen, but maybe. Is there any weather conditions in the area, are there NPCs, are you walking in grass/a cave/surfing etc. those are all things that could affect your PID frame
    It happened when I was Surfing. No weather conditions. There were NPCs but i cant imagine they advanced the frame because I went directly from my Chatots' summary pages to my Pokemon's Sweet Scent -- I never closed the menu. And I had "Wild Pokemon (Surfing)" selected while viewing the PID frames in RNG Reporter. I just don't get it!
    Last edited by Cyclone; 3rd May 2012 at 5:43 PM.


  15. #5215

    Default

    NPCs still move during the Sweet Scent animation, so it could possibly be NPCs. It would certainly explain why your pitches are matching, but you're missing your seed.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  16. #5216
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    NPCs still move during the Sweet Scent animation, so it could possibly be NPCs. It would certainly explain why your pitches are matching, but you're missing your seed.
    In addition they also move during the season screen, while you can't do anything.

  17. #5217

    Default

    Do NPCs advance the PIDRNG if you can't see them on screen? Or is simply being on the route/in the cave with them moving enough to advance the PIDRNG?

    As well, I'm finding I'm having problems getting Fraxure with the IVs I need. I'm still rather new to this and while I have been getting several flawless Pokemon, I'm finding some areas are not working well for me. =P
    Pokemon I'm in need of to complete my little Pokedex. Whoo!
    or or or , , , , and

    Currently working on my RNG skills. Getting better... slowly...

  18. #5218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magester View Post
    Do NPCs advance the PIDRNG if you can't see them on screen? Or is simply being on the route/in the cave with them moving enough to advance the PIDRNG?

    As well, I'm finding I'm having problems getting Fraxure with the IVs I need. I'm still rather new to this and while I have been getting several flawless Pokemon, I'm finding some areas are not working well for me. =P
    Yes, they do. In caves, it's only if they're on the same floor. If you're not getting IVs, it seems you're having a problem hitting the IV frame, which isn't affected by NPCs. It may be a Timer0 problem.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  19. #5219

    Default

    As for NPCs, are all NPCs advancing PIDRNG frames or just NPCs with "random" movements?
    Pokemon I'm in need of to complete my little Pokedex. Whoo!
    or or or , , , , and

    Currently working on my RNG skills. Getting better... slowly...

  20. #5220
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Land of Fried Chicken
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Any NPC that moves erratically, or NPCs that are trainers whether they're defeated or not that move will advance your PID frames. I think there's a list of places with no WNPCs to hinder you on page 1 of the thread, if you need it.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone



  21. #5221

    Default

    Thanks. Now if only I completely understood the breeding part. But off to attempt my flawless team. Whoo!
    Pokemon I'm in need of to complete my little Pokedex. Whoo!
    or or or , , , , and

    Currently working on my RNG skills. Getting better... slowly...

  22. #5222
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Goldenrod City
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Hi guuuuuuyyyyyssssssssssss I'm back. I don't know if you all remember me it's been so long XD Anyways, I have a question.
    I know how to RNG wild pokemon. Easy peasy monsqueezy. I was just wondering; how is RNGing shiny eggs different than RNGing wild pokemon? I know there is a difference, and I need to know as I'm going to set off on a shiny snivy egg RNG escapade.

    Thanks!
    ~BB

    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

  23. #5223
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Buizel View Post
    Hi guuuuuuyyyyyssssssssssss I'm back. I don't know if you all remember me it's been so long XD Anyways, I have a question.
    I know how to RNG wild pokemon. Easy peasy monsqueezy. I was just wondering; how is RNGing shiny eggs different than RNGing wild pokemon? I know there is a difference, and I need to know as I'm going to set off on a shiny snivy egg RNG escapade.

    Thanks!
    ~BB
    if you can advance the PIDRNG for wild pokemon you can RNG eggs. There are no IVRNG advancements so once you hit your seed all you have to do is mash X to pull up the menu and then do the proper number of Chatot flips, If you miss your PID frame, adjust and try again. Thats it, its really the same as wild RNGing except no IV advancements and its easier to find shiny seeds.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  24. #5224

    Default

    I have a question involving Pandora's Box. I've read that by starting a new game you can use Pandora's Box to get your SID, but I don't understand how to use it to do so. The only guide I was able to find was not helpful to me in setting that up, so is there anyone here who can explain how to work it?
    Pokemon I'm in need of to complete my little Pokedex. Whoo!
    or or or , , , , and

    Currently working on my RNG skills. Getting better... slowly...

  25. #5225
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    West Coast!
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magester View Post
    I have a question involving Pandora's Box. I've read that by starting a new game you can use Pandora's Box to get your SID, but I don't understand how to use it to do so. The only guide I was able to find was not helpful to me in setting that up, so is there anyone here who can explain how to work it?
    Try this guide
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.p...cussionid=6333
    I will try to fill any gaps that this doesn't fill.

Page 209 of 286 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •