Page 218 of 286 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast
Results 5,426 to 5,450 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

omg im so getting mad why is my reporter not giving me any shiny results? does that mean my game can't produce shiny for roamers like raikou and entei? ill try to upload a pic to see what im doing wrong...

edit: i can't get a pic :/ but if someone could try to help me it would be great...i do have my secret id for soul silver so im not using the wrong id or something...im trying to get a hp ice shiny raikou right now but i only get results when not shiny but when i check the shiny box it gives me nothing...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 1st July 2012 at 8:25 PM.

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    omg im so getting mad why is my reporter not giving me any shiny results? does that mean my game can't produce shiny for roamers like raikou and entei? ill try to upload a pic to see what im doing wrong...

edit: i can't get a pic :/ but if someone could try to help me it would be great...i do have my secret id for soul silver so im not using the wrong id or something...im trying to get a hp ice shiny raikou right now but i only get results when not shiny but when i check the shiny box it gives me nothing...
    4th gen RNG for pretty much anything except breeding requires you to have an RNGed ID/SID combo for flawless shinies, otherwise the shiny spreads just kinda suck. Every 4th gen game has the same possible IV spreads (and there's not many good ones) it can draw from, unlike 5th gen where it's based on your parameters. So for a shiny HP Ice Raikou you would need to start over to RNG an ID+SID that results in that PID being shiny.
    [21:33] <@Agonist> KAPHOTICS HAS SUCH A SULTRY VOICE

[18:18] <&Kaphotics> got >100k views on youtube in like a week
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> shame I didnt monetize that
    [18:18] <&Kaphotics> like $300 gone

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion X View Post
    4th gen RNG for pretty much anything except breeding requires you to have an RNGed ID/SID combo for flawless shinies, otherwise the shiny spreads just kinda suck. Every 4th gen game has the same possible IV spreads (and there's not many good ones) it can draw from, unlike 5th gen where it's based on your parameters. So for a shiny HP Ice Raikou you would need to start over to RNG an ID+SID that results in that PID being shiny.
    ahhhh got it damn but i really don't want to start over lol...well ill just take it not shiny then...i have no choice...i do have results for that...thanks for the help...so your id really comes in the part for capture part but eggs are not correct?
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 1st July 2012 at 8:46 PM.

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

ahhhh got it damn but i really don't want to start over lol...well ill just take it not shiny then...i have no choice...i do have results for that...thanks for the help...so your id really comes in the part for capture part but eggs are not correct?
    You can hatch shiny eggs without having an RNGed ID/SID, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    You can hatch shiny eggs without having an RNGed ID/SID, yes.
    ahhhhh got it thanks, thats why im not getting results for shinies...well hopefully my heartgold version is better lol...if not that will be my game will start over...im too attached to my soulsilver lol

if i got anymore questions ill post again...that helped me alot...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

does anyone know a good guide to RNG ing on a mac?
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Default RNG Problem with (i think hitting my seed?)

i have been rnging for a few days now and i can successfully rng for wild shiny+ivs, however i have tried rnging bred pokemon and so far have had no luck. I am using a 3ds and PPRNG
    i have followed what i believe are the correct steps (1 search for shiny egg 2 hit seed 3 get egg 4 hatch and detemine ivs 5 match it to the pidrng list 6 use SSF to get shiny egg) i believe my failure is due to me not being able to hit my seed correctly. is there anyway i can check my PIDRNG before hatching the egg. if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated as there is a limit to how much you can do with wild pokemon
    thanks in advance
    Last edited by Pokemans man; 2nd July 2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: SST instead of shifted starting frame SSF
    Alder is the only trainer with any kind of life, whilst the others all sit around waiting for you to come he actually does stuff
    Black team:
    my SS friend code: 5071 8957 0494
    my Black friend code:1807 7435 2952

RNGing is legitimate, it takes time and effort unlike hacking
    My Awesome Trade shop (click the Magikarp)

When trying to RNG a wild pokemon with no roaming NPCs, is it similar to stationary pokemon, except sweet scenting straight away? Or is there more to it like using a Chatot etc?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCharge View Post
    When trying to RNG a wild pokemon with no roaming NPCs, is it similar to stationary pokemon, except sweet scenting straight away? Or is there more to it like using a Chatot etc?
    It's extremely similar to RNGing stationary Pokémon. Just advance your frame as usual, then instead of pressing A to interact with the stationary, use Sweet Scent.
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 2nd July 2012 at 3:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    does anyone know a good guide to RNG ing on a mac?
    Hey, I suggest you start with this video. It's what helped me with RNGing on a Mac. And you're always welcome to ask me if you have any problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZvC9OK3FKE&feature=plcp

hey guys got a question im at the part of trying to input the roamers for hg/ss games locations in the search roamers area but it keeps saying no match was found for roamers...something like that but defiantly no match...did do something wrong? i wish i had a picture for you guys to see but i can't :/

edit: im in the seed time finder doing this...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

What can you RNG in gen 4 if you haven't RNGed your ID/SID? Can you RNG flawless wilds and eggs? Or does ID/SID only affect shiny pokemons?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Latest RNG:

Spoiler:- Latest RNG:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_85x View Post
    What can you RNG in gen 4 if you haven't RNGed your ID/SID? Can you RNG flawless wilds and eggs? Or does ID/SID only affect shiny pokemons?
    for shiny you have to have your secret id...im just going for a normal pokemon with hp ice...so yes only effects searches for shiny pokemon on 4th generation...still tryin to understand how delays go though...such a headache lol...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_85x View Post
    You can catch flawless, and hatch shiny and flawless Pokemon. You'll be lucky to find a decent spread for shiny wild Pokemon without RNGing your ID/SID.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    You can catch flawless, and hatch shiny and flawless Pokemon. You'll be lucky to find a decent spread for shiny wild Pokemon without RNGing your ID/SID.
    ikr :/ when i found out yesterday i was like wtf :/ oh well i tried LOL

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

hi i am having a problem with rng breeding. i can hit my seed but whenever im going for a frame where my timer0 is 123C my timer0 is 123D making me get a completely different pokemon (those are my 2 t0). is the timer0 just random or does it change specific for each seed?
    Alder is the only trainer with any kind of life, whilst the others all sit around waiting for you to come he actually does stuff
    Black team:

nevermind i just hatched my first bred rng a shiny magikarp
    Black team:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemans man View Post
    hi i am having a problem with rng breeding. i can hit my seed but whenever im going for a frame where my timer0 is 123C my timer0 is 123D making me get a completely different pokemon (those are my 2 t0). is the timer0 just random or does it change specific for each seed?
    In answer to your question anyway, Timer0 is random and uncontrollable. Just keep trying and it will eventually stick, or switch seeds. Either way timer0 is the one factor of RNGing that is still based on luck (Although one Timer0 is typically more common than the other one is).
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemans man View Post
    nevermind i just hatched my first bred rng a shiny magikarp
    congrats and wow guys im so stupid i keep missing alot of reading on the hg and ss and on top of it i was using the wrong method for the roamers :/ so i had to restart the whole search the seed again...i was trying to use method 1 which i should of been using method k :/ also i may go for a rash instead cuaz i can't search a timid hp ice flawless...got better results with the rash anyway...wish me luck on my first 4th gen rng...if i need some help ill post...

edit: second to what dewey said it took me forever to get my shiny flawless bellsprout cuaz of the timer0...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

thanks but its pretty easy to breed magikarps because they dont take long to hatch still happy though now comes the challenge, breeding shiny phiones
    Black team:

oh got one question guys forgot to ask now when im trying to get my dream roamer for example raikou...do i KO it first before search the seed or do i keep it roaming? i just want to make sure i do everthing right? and also once i get the seed do i KO the roamer while the game is still on with the delay and everything? just making sure im doing stuff right?

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

oh got one question guys forgot to ask now when im trying to get my dream roamer for example raikou...do i KO it first before search the seed or do i keep it roaming? i just want to make sure i do everthing right? and also once i get the seed do i KO the roamer while the game is still on with the delay and everything? just making sure im doing stuff right?
    search for the seed whenever, but when you go to RNG it you should first KO it (let the other 2 roam still) then go to the E4. Save right in front of lance and then hit your seed. Verify the seed with the location of the other 2 roamers and then advance the frame with Chatot (or the Radio, but i find that to be to inconsistent and unreliable). From there battle lance and once the game loads after the credits find and catch Raikou, verify your results and reset. Then do the other 2 the same way. If you dont want to do the other 2 roamers you can always reset and use a special ball to catch your Raikou (i would use a masterball first to confirm you did everything right, unless you want to fight with the catching mechanics for an hour just to find out you missed your frame).

Also, Roamers are indeed method 1 so be sure to use a method one seed
    Last edited by dewey911p; 3rd July 2012 at 5:27 AM.

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

i think you have to ko it then do the elite 4 again because after you beat them the roamer is generated. then save away from lance and do the rng stuff.
    i never got it to work though
    Black team:

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    search for the seed whenever, but when you go to RNG it you should first KO it (let the other 2 roam still) then go to the E4. Save right in front of lance and then hit your seed. Verify the seed with the location of the other 2 roamers and then advance the frame with Chatot (or the Radio, but i find that to be to inconsistent and unreliable). From there battle lance and once the game loads after the credits find and catch Raikou, verify your results and reset. Then do the other 2 the same way. If you dont want to do the other 2 roamers you can always reset and use a special ball to catch your Raikou (i would use a masterball first to confirm you did everything right, unless you want to fight with the catching mechanics for an hour just to find out you missed your frame).

Also, Roamers are indeed method 1 so be sure to use a method one seed
    hmmmmm okay why does the dang thing on the top say method 1 is not roamers on this site then? http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154 but later in the thing i readi it is was confusing but okay...so when loading with the delay right? i then KO Raikou then head to e4 which there save one step in front of lance then do my radio/chatot stuff there and then catch it...only thing is when i searched first on method 1 i got a frame that was the lowest was 491 which someone told me i should use the radio for this? so whats wrong with the radio though? and also if its the wrong seed then how do i fix that? do i just do the whole thing over again?
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 3rd July 2012 at 5:52 AM.

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

hmmmmm okay why does the dang thing on the top say method 1 is not roamers on this site then? http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154 but later in the thing i readi it is was confusing but okay...so when loading with the delay right? i then KO Raikou then head to e4 which there save one step in front of lance then do my radio/chatot stuff there and then catch it...only thing is when i searched first on method 1 i got a frame that was the lowest was 491 which someone told me i should use the radio for this? so whats wrong with the radio though? and also if its the wrong seed then how do i fix that? do i just do the whole thing over again?
    first KO the roamer you want to RNG then head to the E4 and save one step before the auto walk kicks in. Turn off the game and hit your seed. You can use the radio if you want, but it is inconsistent and unreliable so Chatot is the better, more controllable, method of frame advancement. As for correcting if you miss your seed/frame, well unfortunately the only way to correct it is to do the whole process all over again.

Page 218 of 286 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast