Page 219 of 286 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    first KO the roamer you want to RNG then head to the E4 and save one step before the auto walk kicks in. Turn off the game and hit your seed. You can use the radio if you want, but it is inconsistent and unreliable so Chatot is the better, more controllable, method of frame advancement. As for correcting if you miss your seed/frame, well unfortunately the only way to correct it is to do the whole process all over again.
    oh okay thanks that makes sense im doing it right then ill try thanks again dewey your a life saver ill post in the my discuss thread when i get it

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

Does the timer0 HAVE to fluctuate?

I've found my parameters several times now, using 0,1,2, and 3 button presses, but my timer0 never changes and remains constant O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua?! View Post

I've found my parameters several times now, using 0,1,2, and 3 button presses, but my timer0 never changes and remains constant O.o
    It may not be fluctuating right now (mine didn't noticeably until after a few months), but it likely will eventually. It doesn't matter, though, since you'll want to use your most common timer0, which you obviously know.

after awhile it will fluctuate...don't worry some seeds fluctuate harder then others so not to worry it took me some time to rng a flawless shiny bellsprout...its normal...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

I tried to RNG eggs in gen 5 using This guide, but i don't know what i am doing wrong:

Spoiler:- Image:

And after copying the seed to clipboard:

I then hit the seed, chattered up (as fast as possible to prevent the NPCs from advancing the frames) and then talked to the old day care man as fast as possible.
    After that, i just hatched the egg but it didn't turn out as i wanted to.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Latest RNG:

Spoiler:- Latest RNG:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_85x View Post
    I tried to RNG eggs in gen 5 using This guide, but i don't know what i am doing wrong:

And after copying the seed to clipboard:

I then hit the seed, chattered up (as fast as possible to prevent the NPCs from advancing the frames) and then talked to the old day care man as fast as possible.
    After that, i just hatched the egg but it didn't turn out as i wanted to.
    Bolded is the problem. You're not gonna prevent the NPCs from advancing the frame. Try again, this time chattering once to see how much the NPCs advance the frame, and then see how much you really need to advance it by.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Hey all

Been absolutely ages since I've been on here, haven't done much RNG for a while other than the Wondercard events. But am about to get my Jap copy of Black 2 and saw a couple of comments that the RNG is exactly the same as before so if anyone has them yet could you let me know where is the best place to find my parameters and if there are any other changes I should be worried about.
    Also does anyone know if you can trade from Black & White 2 back to Black and White?

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Hey all

Been absolutely ages since I've been on here, haven't done much RNG for a while other than the Wondercard events. But am about to get my Jap copy of Black 2 and saw a couple of comments that the RNG is exactly the same as before so if anyone has them yet could you let me know where is the best place to find my parameters and if there are any other changes I should be worried about.
    Also does anyone know if you can trade from Black & White 2 back to Black and White?
    I don't really know anything about the best place to get parameters, but the only real change is that there's more Timer0s you can hit than there were in BW. You can trade between them as soon as you get the c-gear.

and yes I'm still a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    Bolded is the problem. You're not gonna prevent the NPCs from advancing the frame. Try again, this time chattering once to see how much the NPCs advance the frame, and then see how much you really need to advance it by.
    Should i chatter once and then directly get the egg or should i wait a second or so for the NPCs to move? And how will the NPCs affect how much i need to advance the frame by?
    Anyway, i read in a guide that you need to have 2 flawless parents for the egg, is that true? since the guide i use says that it won't matter.
    Anyway, i tried to RNG in HG to catch the flawless parents i need (since they aren't available in BW).
    I used this guide, but it doesn't tell how to calibrate in HG.
    Instead, it links to this guide, but it only shows how to calibrate in DPPT.

Does anyone have a good guide for HG RNG abuse? Also, do you need to download EonTimer? Since i remember that i read that somewhere.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Latest RNG:

Spoiler:- Latest RNG:

Should i chatter once and then directly get the egg or should i wait a second or so for the NPCs to move? And how will the NPCs affect how much i need to advance the frame by?
    No, you should press X from the summary screen, and rapidly press A while the screen returns to the overworld to receive the egg as quickly as possible. Taking this approach, the NPCs should only advance by 2-5.

Anyway, i read in a guide that you need to have 2 flawless parents for the egg, is that true? since the guide i use says that it won't matter.
    No. At the very least, you need three flawless IVs between the parents.

You don't need to calibrate anymore, thanks to EonTimer. Just enter 510 or thereabouts as your calibrated delay, then update EonTimer often with the delay you hit (only if you're considerably off the target delay).

Also, do you need to download EonTimer? Since i remember that i read that somewhere.
    Yes. Here's a download link.

Try this revised guide. I haven't used it myself or read through it to a great degree, but it may be helpful.

So, has anyone tried RNGing the Hidden Hollows in BW2 yet?

I have claimed Giratina

Anyway, i tried to RNG in HG to catch the flawless parents i need (since they aren't available in BW).

Does anyone have a good guide for HG RNG abuse? Also, do you need to download EonTimer? Since i remember that i read that somewhere.
    for 5th gen breeding if you want a certain hp then yes you need to have at least one flawless and the other have at least two iv's 30 and the rest 31 otherwise no you don't have to have both flawless as long as one is flawless it should be fine...also what are you asking about the npc's? it depends on the frame of your target - the target you hit normally of the first 5 frames you should hit without chatot crys will determin how many chatots you need to hear...i just get so confused easily lol...

yes you need the timer and here the site for you its for both but once you read it its quite straight forward http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3467154 im still learning too on 4th gen...eleventh and dewey are alot of help
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 4th July 2012 at 10:39 PM.

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    I don't believe so, although people at Smogon have looked into the Hidden Hollow RNG. I'd assume it's extremely possible.

Hey guys. This is a question to my fellow PPRNG users:

I'm the process of rewriting my TID/SID abuse guide I submitted in this very thread, and I would like to know what this means:

http://i.imgur.com/BW3IM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    many users at pokecheck have Kaiser. You can ask them how its done, i dont have the games so i really havent paid much attention to it. Ask around though, some people have uploaded almost all of the HH pokemon RNGed. Between everyone that has the game, i think all new abilities have pretty much been uploaded, so someone should definitly be able to help you

Good luck though, i hear some people have around 8-12 Timer0 values on their games, so be prepared for a troll fest.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

I got my shiny Deino, but it took me over 4400+ PID advances. Is it always a high number like this? Because the stress level was hella high and it takes a ****ing LONG time.

many users at pokecheck have Kaiser. You can ask them how its done, i dont have the games so i really havent paid much attention to it. Ask around though, some people have uploaded almost all of the HH pokemon RNGed. Between everyone that has the game, i think all new abilities have pretty much been uploaded, so someone should definitly be able to help you
    I'm not sure if he was referring to the Pokémon in the Hollows or the Hollows themselves. I took it to be the latter. Yes, though, Hollow Pokémon have obviously been RNGed.

I got my shiny Deino, but it took me over 4400+ PID advances. Is it always a high number like this? Because the stress level was hella high and it takes a ****ing LONG time.
    You should definitely search for seeds with lower shiny frames. Going into the thousands is crazy. xD

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post

You should definitely search for seeds with lower shiny frames. Going into the thousands is crazy. xD
    Lower Frames won't come up. The lowest that does is like 1600 or something.

Also, I always forget: you must stop advacing the PID Frame one frame BEFORE the target shown on RNG Reporter, correct?

Lower Frames won't come up. The lowest that does is like 1600 or something.

Also, I always forget: you must stop advacing the PID Frame one frame BEFORE the target shown on RNG Reporter, correct?
    Are you searching through multiple years? Also, are you searching for perfect stats across the board, because then you could take out a 31 in a stat you don't need(special attack for physical attackers/attack for special attackers for example), that should also bring it down. And a synchronizer should help as well. Because yeah, over 1000 advances is pretty ridiculous.

And yeah, one before.

and yes I'm still a girl

Are you searching through multiple years? Also, are you searching for perfect stats across the board, because then you could take out a 31 in a stat you don't need(special attack for physical attackers/attack for special attackers for example), that should also bring it down. And a synchronizer should help as well. Because yeah, over 1000 advances is pretty ridiculous.

And yeah, one before.
    I'm doing all these things except looking through multiple years. I'm doing all MONTHS, but for years... do we put in 2000-2099 or something?

I'm doing all these things except looking through multiple years. I'm doing all MONTHS, but for years... do we put in 2000-2099 or something?
    you can't search through multiple years at a time, but you can do one at a time(at least not on RNG Reporter). Just go through each year, and search through multiple months.

and yes I'm still a girl

you can't search through multiple years at a time, but you can do one at a time(at least not on RNG Reporter). Just go through each year, and search through multiple months.
    Alright, I'll be trying that next time. About how many results do you get when searching for all months for a pokemon? I get only about 3, and that too with the PID Frame needing to be at 1600+. Maybe my ID/SID is cracked out for shininess.

Anyways, I still got 2 shiny Deinos, with the PID Frame at 4468 and 1919 :O

Good luck though, i hear some people have around 8-12 Timer0 values on their games, so be prepared for a troll fest.
    I have not heard of anyone seeing more than 6 Timer0 values on an actual cart.

Quote Originally Posted by drothagreat0ne View Post
    Hey guys. This is a question to my fellow PPRNG users:

I'm the process of rewriting my TID/SID abuse guide I submitted in this very thread, and I would like to know what this means:

http://i.imgur.com/BW3IM.jpg
    Yeah, this is not clear. It seems very few people use this feature because this is the first time I've seen a question about it.

S = Synchronize: A synchronizer's ability will activate on this frame for this encounter type, so any nature can be obtained.

O = "Other" (non-Cute Charm): This frame is can be hit, but Synchronize will not activate, so you can only get the nature shown for that row. Cute Charm may also be usuable but is not included because it modifies the PID, which affects shininess.

Blank = Can't hit this PID for the given encounter type.
    RNG Abuse for Mac and iOS Users: PPRNG

hay guys i need a little help.
    Im attempting standard seeds right now and running into a problem.
    I seem to be hitting my time just fine to start game up. however when i get so far and need to start using chatot to change frames and such, its not giving me accurate pitches that are not matching up. i have attempted to rehit my seed several times but never succeeded. then i realized it may have to do with the timer0 values. im running a 3ds so if anyone can give any advice it would be appreciated.
    Pokemon Y
    Namepcrisisxx
    FC:2509-229364101

Quote Originally Posted by chiizu View Post
    I have not heard of anyone seeing more than 6 Timer0 values on an actual cart.
    It may have been an emu. tbh, im not sure as I'm waiting for the English versions of the game myself, so i just pass along what i hear. Either way though, having 2 Timer0's was a real pain, even if its only 6 that still sucks... a lot

Oh, and what a beautiful Lugia you have :3 Since entralink abuse is now standard seed abuse too, was the process just: hit seed, advance PID frame via chatot, collect pokemon? or is there more to it still?

Quote Originally Posted by fortify45 View Post
    hay guys i need a little help.
    Im attempting standard seeds right now and running into a problem.
    I seem to be hitting my time just fine to start game up. however when i get so far and need to start using chatot to change frames and such, its not giving me accurate pitches that are not matching up. i have attempted to rehit my seed several times but never succeeded. then i realized it may have to do with the timer0 values. im running a 3ds so if anyone can give any advice it would be appreciated.
    It could just be a Timer0 problem, you might have missed your seed, or it might be a bad Chatot recording and it is hard to follow Since you are using a 3DS are you loading your game 8 seconds before your target time?
    Last edited by dewey911p; 5th July 2012 at 7:47 AM.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Page 219 of 286 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269 ... LastLast