Page 239 of 286 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBW View Post
    Please I don't understand, someone can explain me how to RNG a Shiny Flawless Pokemon in 5th generation. I've read the smogon guide but the images doesn't help me. As I said before, in the PIDRNG method I know how to get shinies but when I try to Obtain Flawless spread, the nature and shininess are right but the iv's are all wrong. Please Help
    what? are you breeding or capturing? if you're breeding, you're probably just hitting the wrong PID frame.

I think Smogon's written guide is good but lacking. I'd recommend checking bearfans YouTube vid, it gives you what you need to get started, then it's all trial and error.
    <3 - Brawl FC: 1977-1714-5254 - Latest Breed: 31/10/21/31/19/31
    ---

---
    Lock 'n' Load Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBW View Post
    Please I don't understand, someone can explain me how to RNG a Shiny Flawless Pokemon in 5th generation. I've read the smogon guide but the images doesn't help me. As I said before, in the PIDRNG method I know how to get shinies but when I try to Obtain Flawless spread, the nature and shininess are right but the iv's are all wrong. Please Help
    Do you know what your IVRNG frame is? If its 1, then you did something wrong, if you don't know what an IVRNG frame is, thats the problem. since you can get the right shiny pokemon with the right PID, I'm guessing you don't know what the IV frame is.
    Last edited by dewey911p; 14th August 2012 at 10:12 PM.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    Do you know what your IVRNG frame is? If its 1, then you did something wrong, if you don't know what an IVRNG frame is, thats the problem. since you can get the right shiny pokemon with the right PID, I'm guessing you don't know what the IV frame is.
    I doubt it's a problem with his IV frame, because of he wasn't on the right IV frame, they wouldn't be shiny. my guess is tha he's hitting a nearby shiny frame, and that's why the IVs are off.

The PID frame and IV frame are separate (we are talking about gen 5 here right?) so even if the IVs were off, the PID would be right. My guess is he didn't advance the IV frame and just advanced the PID frame. He got the right pokemon and everything, but the IVs would match frame 1.

People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

I need some serious help. I want to RNG since I never done it before but due to me using Linux/Ubuntu I am having a very hard time trying to figure everything out since some of the requirements need me to have Windows. I want to try out with the wild Pokemon. I am using Pokemon White.

Edit: I also saw I need a original DS to do the RNGing since I have a 3DS and the RNG won't work for the 3DS.
    Last edited by AxelWolf; 15th August 2012 at 3:15 AM.
    Pokemon White FC: 2537-9783-8656 - Axel
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 1163-9089-5196 - Axel

The PID frame and IV frame are separate (we are talking about gen 5 here right?) so even if the IVs were off, the PID would be right. My guess is he didn't advance the IV frame and just advanced the PID frame. He got the right pokemon and everything, but the IVs would match frame 1.
    How would you advance the IV frame without adversely affecting the PID frame?
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

You don't - just try and find an IV frame where you don't need to move a single step (= frame 1 in most cases).
    ---

---
    Lock 'n' Load Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    I need some serious help. I want to RNG since I never done it before but due to me using Linux/Ubuntu I am having a very hard time trying to figure everything out since some of the requirements need me to have Windows. I want to try out with the wild Pokemon. I am using Pokemon White.

Edit: I also saw I need a original DS to do the RNGing since I have a 3DS and the RNG won't work for the 3DS.
    you dont need a ds the only difference is that you have to boot up the game 8 seconds earlier and there isn't a handy clock
    also im not sure if you can run rng reporter using wine but you might be able to

Quote Originally Posted by QuoteMaster View Post
    well it is next to impossible if you are breeding because if you run 128 steps with some pokes in your party the wandering npcs will screw you up. so if you're breeding search for iv frames of 8. of course if you are just rnging wild pokes in an area with no wandering npcs you can advance the ivrng frame but its best to just leave it at 1 for wild and 8 for breeding
    Last edited by Pokemans man; 15th August 2012 at 7:43 AM.
    Alder is the only trainer with any kind of life, whilst the others all sit around waiting for you to come he actually does stuff
    Black team:
    my SS friend code: 5071 8957 0494
    my Black friend code:1807 7435 2952

RNGing is legitimate, it takes time and effort unlike hacking
    My Awesome Trade shop (click the Magikarp)

this may sound crazy but i think im gunna try to figure out wth my reporter 9.96 is being stupid on rng my id/sid on my hg version....so the only way to do this is i need some to give me a step by step in detail how to do this please cuaz ill never figure out what may or may of not did wrong just by guessing whats wrong....i can't snip tool my screen since my computer got a virus like 4 or 5 months ago and wiped it out...if its not a problem could someone tell me step by step what to do so i can figure out why when i hit my delay i do not get the same id i suppose to get...

edit: nvm got my photoshop back working so here some picks...

this is after i searched my seed i want to abuse
    this when i put it in the seed to time finder after searching in the pandora box
    this is when i confirmed im using the pid not the seed when i plugged it in the pandora box i got all the shiny frames i desired
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 15th August 2012 at 8:37 PM.

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Well it all depends on what and where you are RNGing. If you are in an area where there are wild pokemon (cave, grass, water, etc) then moving will advance the PID frame. So if you are RNGing a wild pokemon with a PID frame higher than 1 and a PID frame lower than 100, that seed won't work. However, if you are RNGing a wild pokemon and you need to advance the IV frame, just walk in the area that doesn't have wild pokemon (if possible). For example, when i RNGed ditto, my IV frame was higher than 1, but the PID was in the 90s. So i advanced the IV frame next to the grass and then stepped into the grass on step 128. This way the IV frame advanced but the PID frame didn't move more than a few frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemans man View Post
    well it is next to impossible if you are breeding because if you run 128 steps with some pokes in your party the wandering npcs will screw you up. so if you're breeding search for iv frames of 8. of course if you are just rnging wild pokes in an area with no wandering npcs you can advance the ivrng frame but its best to just leave it at 1 for wild and 8 for breeding
    Wait, what are you doing? Just use the egg tab in RNG reporter. Searching for a hex-flawless IV frame of 8 is extremely limiting and in general a bad idea. This method will not allow you to abuse for a specific hidden power. The egg tab will take care of all of this so just use the egg option in RNG reporter and let the program do all of the work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    this may sound crazy but i think im gunna try to figure out wth my reporter 9.96 is being stupid on rng my id/sid on my hg version....so the only way to do this is i need some to give me a step by step in detail how to do this please cuaz ill never figure out what may or may of not did wrong just by guessing whats wrong....i can't snip tool my screen since my computer got a virus like 4 or 5 months ago and wiped it out...if its not a problem could someone tell me step by step what to do so i can figure out why when i hit my delay i do not get the same id i suppose to get...

edit: nvm got my photoshop back working so here some picks...

this is after i searched my seed i want to abuse
    this when i put it in the seed to time finder after searching in the pandora box
    this is when i confirmed im using the pid not the seed when i plugged it in the pandora box i got all the shiny frames i desired
    Can we also get a shot of the way you set up Pandora's box to search for the seed you hit and the results you get after one of your attempts? The problem might exsist there because your steps seem to be fine so far.

Hey guys, great job on this thread its pretty sweet for newcomers and people who are starting in the metagame.
    Anyways I've been wandering for some time what is the feud between shiny hunters and RNGers. I mean we use the same tools and all. I should know I am both xD but in preference I actually like being a shiny hunter due to the adrenaline rush. However I do RNG at times when I can't get anything to shine just to get some encouragement and keep going I had this encounter with an RNG SNOB on Y0ut4be and he said he was the best RNG there was and that he had RNGed any and everything possible in 5th gen. In frustration of him calling someone else a hacker I decided to try and RNG a shiny Zekrom in black 2. In my failed attempts at a virizion I began searching for an explanation in the inconsistency of the RNG just to find out it was my system all along I wouldn't have figured it out if it wasn't because of this thread xD Thanks and keep up the good work!!!
    Beware The*shiny*

95% of people would cry if they saw Justin Bieber about to jump into a tank of hungry sharks. If you are in the 5% who would climb up and push him in, then copy and paste this in your sig.(Started by Bekidding)

dewey 911 i dont use rng reporter i use pprng. i have tryed using rng reporter but i like pprng better and i dont know what the eggs tab is and i dont know what was wrong with my statement.as far as i am aware there is only one way to advance the ivrng and that is to walk 128 steps with x amount of pokemon in your party to advance it x frames. however i have never done this with breeding as it is easy to find good iv spreads if you have a flawless ditto. I honestly don't know why anyone would want to advance the ivrng frame whilst breeding but if theres anything wrong with this post tell me
    Alder is the only trainer with any kind of life, whilst the others all sit around waiting for you to come he actually does stuff
    Black team:
    my SS friend code: 5071 8957 0494
    my Black friend code:1807 7435 2952

RNGing is legitimate, it takes time and effort unlike hacking
    My Awesome Trade shop (click the Magikarp)

dewey 911 i dont use rng reporter i use pprng. i have tryed using rng reporter but i like pprng better and i dont know what the eggs tab is and i dont know what was wrong with my statement.as far as i am aware there is only one way to advance the ivrng and that is to walk 128 steps with x amount of pokemon in your party to advance it x frames. however i have never done this with breeding as it is easy to find good iv spreads if you have a flawless ditto. I honestly don't know why anyone would want to advance the ivrng frame whilst breeding but if theres anything wrong with this post tell me
    Yeah, advancing the ivrng frame being a big no-no is pretty elementary.
    ---

---
    Lock 'n' Load Baby!

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

I just got 2 of the Dream World Gothorita passwords and was wondering if it would be easier to RNG them in B1/W1 or B2/W2? I've RNG'd for wild Pokemon in both but not for Entralink Pokemon. Are there any differances in RNGing Entralink Pokemon between the games?
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

maybe i misunderstood you then I don't use ppRNG so the lay out you described might make more sense in that program. I use RNG Reporter and was thinking along those lines, which cause an anomaly in the process you described. However, ppRNG might be set up in such a way that you were dead on in your description, but I have no clue so I will take your word for it

Also, just a fun fact here, but there are other ways to advance the IVRNG too. If you move a pokemon from your PC to your party the IV frame will advance by 7, collecting an egg advances the frame by 7, walking 128 steps with X pokemon advances the frame by X and so on. There might be another method I forgot about oo, but I can't think of them at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    I just got 2 of the Dream World Gothorita passwords and was wondering if it would be easier to RNG them in B1/W1 or B2/W2? I've RNG'd for wild Pokemon in both but not for Entralink Pokemon. Are there any differances in RNGing Entralink Pokemon between the games?
    I hear B/W2 entralink abuse is easier. The C-gear will no longer advance the PIDRNG at a consistent rate, but simply advances the PID frame by a set amount when it is turned on. I don't have B/W2 yet though so you should wait for someone with more knowledge of those games, but I believe B/W2 is actually better for entralink abuse.

Is there a shiny 31/30/30/31/31/31 timid frame in 4th gen? I believe there is a shiny flawless frame for timid (I think) but just to know...

Can we also get a shot of the way you set up Pandora's box to search for the seed you hit and the results you get after one of your attempts? The problem might exsist there because your steps seem to be fine so far.
    alright ill do that for you and see what happens just need to try it again hit a delay plug it in and see what happens snap a picture and ill post for you

edit: also quakemaster let me check for you...im pretty sure it is but you need to mess around with your sid/id for that to happen...as a normal seed it can though...im very positive you need to use the pandora box for that...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 17th August 2012 at 3:32 AM.

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Is there a shiny 31/30/30/31/31/31 timid frame in 4th gen? I believe there is a shiny flawless frame for timid (I think) but just to know...
    No, the 31/30/30/31/31/31 spread does not exist in gen 4 outside of eggs and yes, there is indeed a hex-flawless Timid spread. The hex-flawless Timid spread in Platinum even has an absurdly low delay of ~637. I wasn't sure if it was even possible to hit it, but sure enough, it is usable =)

No, the 31/30/30/31/31/31 spread does not exist in gen 4 outside of eggs and yes, there is indeed a hex-flawless Timid spread. The hex-flawless Timid spread in Platinum even has an absurdly low delay of ~637. I wasn't sure if it was even possible to hit it, but sure enough, it is usable =)
    really it doesn't exist i thought maybe you can use the pandora box i searched out it as a shiny frame with the id's... i got a normal seed right now with that iv's and my raikou has that iv's for hp ice? it has to be a higher delay for me to hit though...oh well your more experience then me though about this stuff lol...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

darn no HP Ice heatran for me then until B2W2 comes out also, for me 637 is absurdly high since my average delay is 606 although I hit 592 before.
    Last edited by QuoteMissy; 17th August 2012 at 3:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    really it doesn't exist i thought maybe you can use the pandora box i searched out a normal seed right now with that iv's? it has to be a higher delay for me to hit though...
    Well, let me be more specific; That particular spread (31/30/30/31/31/31) doesn't exist for a TIMID nature. It does, however, come in other natures, most notably Naive.

EDIT:

darn no HP Ice heatran for me then until B2W2 comes out also, for me 637 is absurdly high for me since my average delay is 606 although I hit 592 before.
    No need to quit just yet, there is always more than one IV combo that will yield a specific Hidden Power spread This HP IV calculator may come in handy for situations like this. Any way, why not use the 30/HP_O/30/31/31/31 option? Or 31/HP_E/30/31/31/31?
    Last edited by dewey911p; 17th August 2012 at 3:43 AM.

Well, let me be more specific; That particular spread (31/30/30/31/31/31) doesn't exist for a TIMID nature. It does, however, come in other natures, most notably Naive.
    i have a flawless timid raikou...hold on...

edit: nvm i got it mixed up with the iv's lol...so tired so i goofed that up its iv's were 30/31/30/31/31/31 hp ice...sorry for the confusion...so dewey is right i searched out timid on those iv's he said and got nothing...so no it can't be possible

alright dewey got it for you now hope you can help...i got the eon timer too for you just to make sure if im doing it wrong too...
    this is the eon timer shot before searching what delay to hit
    this is after i got a delay hit but its at 2 sec? so confusing...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 17th August 2012 at 4:54 AM.

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

you dont need a ds the only difference is that you have to boot up the game 8 seconds earlier and there isn't a handy clock
    also im not sure if you can run rng reporter using wine but you might be able to
    Sadly I can not. Unless I have Windows which I do not have (I have Ubuntu), I can not download or use the RNG reporter so I can not do RNGing and get shiny/flawless Pokemon.
    Pokemon White FC: 2537-9783-8656 - Axel
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 1163-9089-5196 - Axel

Quote Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Sadly I can not. Unless I have Windows which I do not have (I have Ubuntu), I can not download or use the RNG reporter so I can not do RNGing and get shiny/flawless Pokemon.
    you need windows to download the 9.96 reporter?...i thought that one was for any computer besides mac....well that sucks...also if anyone rng's 4th gen my post ^ needs help please...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Page 239 of 286 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249 ... LastLast