Page 241 of 286 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 7146

Thread: *Revamped RNG Discussion/Help Thread [Do not ask about Gen 6 RNG]

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    how do you find out your sid?
    The most reliable method IMO is uploading a pokemon to pokecheck and finding your SID there.
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

thanks quotemaster. any chance that you might have a chatot? i need one for rnging.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    thanks quotemaster. any chance that you might have a chatot? i need one for rnging.
    yes, but let's take this to our VM's
    3DS FC: 3909-8385-9595

Pokemon X Shiny Value: 51

Quote Originally Posted by richm88 View Post
    im not too sure i may be doing what i need to do , im not sure, could tou please explain to me
    i have all my data for a metang i just caught, i have a near flawless seed time and date with frame 5,i have 4 pokemon in my party so i need to take 128 steps and then sweet scent in the grass.
    my question is does turning on the spot count as a step and can i use a repel without that counting as a step or frame?
    The repel won't affect any frames it's actually the best way to count your steps and no turning around doesn't count as a step
    Alder is the only trainer with any kind of life, whilst the others all sit around waiting for you to come he actually does stuff
    Black team:
    my SS friend code: 5071 8957 0494
    my Black friend code:1807 7435 2952

RNGing is legitimate, it takes time and effort unlike hacking
    My Awesome Trade shop (click the Magikarp)

Whats the point of the Chatot part tho? Cant normal pokemon crys be used for that? Dont get it..
    I claimed:

no the chatot crys is your voice that advances the pid frames for shinies/ivs...also guys im pretty sure you can't use a different sychronizer for 4th gen on a nature sychronize frame it all has to be the same right? so if its a modest frame then it has to be a modest sychronizer right? or can you change the sychronizer? i don't think you can in 4th gen but please correct me if you can...

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

No, there's no such things as synch frames in 4th gen. If a frame requires Synchronize, it can't be changed with a different synchronizer.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    No, there's no such things as synch frames in 4th gen. If a frame requires Synchronize, it can't be changed with a different synchronizer.
    thats what i thought alright thanks i wanted to make sure i told someone the correct information...im gunna be helping her learn 4th gen rnging since she help teach me 5th gen thats why...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

does anyone here rng breed? i just tried to do a scyther and kept getting the wrong natures even thought i only worked off adamant only natures, i stuck to my parameters, button presses, time and date , and was stupidly quick with my button presses because of npc's, i also did ther correct amount of chatot summaries too, anyone help?
    the only possibility i can see messed it up was because my scizor was level 18 and iv's min and max were quite wide apart i had to narrow them down
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

*WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

if you have te wrong nature you missed your PID frame, and if the IVs are horrible too, you missed your seed/Timer0. Min/Max has no effect on RNGing aside from telling you how many advances to do.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    if you have te wrong nature you missed your PID frame, and if the IVs are horrible too, you missed your seed/Timer0. Min/Max has no effect on RNGing aside from telling you how many advances to do.
    ok well my timer0 is always c7c as far as i am aware , i tried for my pid frame 3 times, i got the right amaount of chatot summaries and also pressed the buttons super fast, the thing is how can i know if my timer0 is going to be any different as its not like i captured a wild pokemon and entered its iv's for parameters like you do when rng'ing wild pokemon OR if i am breeding with ditto do i need to put the other parents iv's in the parameters?
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

*WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

Quote Originally Posted by richm88 View Post
    ok well my timer0 is always c7c as far as i am aware , i tried for my pid frame 3 times, i got the right amaount of chatot summaries and also pressed the buttons super fast, the thing is how can i know if my timer0 is going to be any different as its not like i captured a wild pokemon and entered its iv's for parameters like you do when rng'ing wild pokemon OR if i am breeding with ditto do i need to put the other parents iv's in the parameters?
    did you confirm your how many chatot frames correctly? cuaz its a bit different when you breed...you need to find what you hit first before you advance then minus that from the frame your hitting...once thats done you should hit your frame...if you have any buttons you need to hold until the nintendo screen fades away if you don't it will not hit the seed correctly...i assume this must be black and white since you using the timer...my first rng was breeding then i learned stationaries last...i was backwards
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 22nd August 2012 at 6:05 AM.

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Hi, im pretty new to this. I've read up and watched several different rng videos, gave it a few attempts but couldn't get it to work, though i dont think im particularly stuck on anything. I might be using the wrong method for the rng im not sure.
    I have a DSi and pokemon white. RNGReporter, Chatots, Eon timer with recorded chatter. I'm looking to rng egg pokemon and stationary legendary's. I'm not sure which method to use though. I get mixed reactions that standard isn't usable for dsi and to use cgear, and others that it is now possible with standard but much harder. The videos go along with a slightly outdated RNGreporter and say just to use method 5, but there is no such thing on the new RNGreporter. I've tried PIDRNG method and Standard Method both failed =S.

I Calibrated my DSi parameters, set up my IV spread, got a seed, input hex seed.Changed the time and date. Loaded game at the correct time to the second, then proceded to immediately click on the stationary pokemon(Landorus) throw a masterball, checked IV's and they were wrong. I've tried hitting my frame for Nature as well with chatots but that didn't work. (Question: if chatots do apply to the type of rng im supposed to be doing, am i supposed to hit the frame BEFORE the time that i start the pokemon engagement or does it not matter as long as I load the game at the right time, pause, chatter, then engage?

Anyways I feel like I might have done something wrong or missed some key piece of information =[ some help would be appreciated, been at it for a couple days now.
    Sig edited due to breaking spoiler rule. Read the signature rules!
    1st. - Flawless HpIce70 - Premier Ball<3
    2nd. Flawless HpGhost70 - SMR2012 8-28-2012 Self Obtained ~
    Have:

Spoiler:- Shiny/Flawless/Events:

My Dream World Females:
    FC: 1979 7014 0393

I am not an rng expert by any means. In fact I have only ever successfully rng'd 3 times with eggs, not stationary's. But I might have a little help for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalytera View Post
    I get mixed reactions that standard isn't usable for dsi and to use cgear, and others that it is now possible with standard but much harder.
    I use a DSi XL and it works perfectly for me, not any harder either. No need to use the cgear method.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalytera View Post
    Loaded game at the correct time to the second
    You said "to the second." Does that mean, for example, that if the seed time is 01:01:01 that you are starting the game at 01:01:01? With a DSi you need to start the game 1 second before your seed time. So in this example you would need to start the game at 01:01:00.

Shiny's have been EV trained finally!

Living Pokedex Project: 718/718 Completed!

DSi is three seconds ahead, DS Phat and Lite are one second.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    that's weird...my DSi XL is 1 second. I have tried the 3 second method, but never hit my seeds. Each of my shinys was 1 second. <shrug>

When using a DSi, one starts one second before the target time, as with DS and DS Lite models.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    When using a DSi, one starts one second before the target time, as with DS and DS Lite models.
    oh really? hmm, I wonder why I thought it was three seconds...

oh really? hmm, I wonder why I thought it was three seconds...
    There are some guides that say 3 seconds. I think that they are probably out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot_82 View Post
    There are some guides that say 3 seconds. I think that they are probably out of date.
    They're certainly not out of date, since the post that announced the possibility of DSi and 3DS standard abuse noted a starting time of one second early.

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    I just got 2 of the Dream World Gothorita passwords and was wondering if it would be easier to RNG them in B1/W1 or B2/W2? I've RNG'd for wild Pokemon in both but not for Entralink Pokemon. Are there any differances in RNGing Entralink Pokemon between the games?
    Reposting this because it was never answered. And I just remembered, 5th gen DW Pokemon can't exist in B1/W1 can they? So if that's true then can anyone give me a guide to RNGing Entralink Pokemon in B2/W2?
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

I think it was answered but anyway I believe entralink seeds are easier to hit because they do not require delays but I am not sure as black/white 2 hasn't come out in english. Also I'm not sure about the 5th gen dw pokes not being in black/white you can always try it out and see if it works
    Alder is the only trainer with any kind of life, whilst the others all sit around waiting for you to come he actually does stuff
    Black team:
    my SS friend code: 5071 8957 0494
    my Black friend code:1807 7435 2952

RNGing is legitimate, it takes time and effort unlike hacking
    My Awesome Trade shop (click the Magikarp)

guys is black and white 2 harder to rng now since of all this different machanics? i was reading this and i was just wondering :/

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemans man View Post
    I think it was answered but anyway I believe entralink seeds are easier to hit because they do not require delays but I am not sure as black/white 2 hasn't come out in english. Also I'm not sure about the 5th gen dw pokes not being in black/white you can always try it out and see if it works
    If it was answered then I couldn't find it. :/ Right now I'm mostly asking how Entralink RNGing in B2/W2 works. Like which method to use and which encounter type to use. I've only RNG'd wild Pokemon in 5th gen and never done Entralink ones.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    Reposting this because it was never answered. And I just remembered, 5th gen DW Pokemon can't exist in B1/W1 can they? So if that's true then can anyone give me a guide to RNGing Entralink Pokemon in B2/W2?
    Well, you'll have to RNG it in BW2. Entralink RNGing is indeed easier in BW2, since it lacks delays. I don't know where to find a guide, or how to even go about BW2 Entralink abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    guys is black and white 2 harder to rng now since of all this different machanics? i was reading this and i was just wondering :/
    Egg RNGing is practically impossible, but certainly not due to that change. The first egg of each save file will have the same PID (same ability (ability 0/ability1), the same gender ratio, etc.), causing immense difficulty for RNGing. Entralink abuse, as stated above, is actually easier. The other forms of RNG abuse are the same in BW2 as they were in BW.

Page 241 of 286 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251 ... LastLast